Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Jackie blinked. "You ok?" Jackie asked. It took her a few secodns to put two and two together. "Did you know who evers in that coffin?" She asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Well I wouldn't know for sure. It's sealed. Could be empty. But I doubt that." He points to the female who was half lizard. "Likely her. Someone I knew before they passed. I've known many people here. Many like me. Few remain at this point. Those I knew have passed." His body language was slumped and sorrowful. "But we shouldn't linger on the past. What else do you feel?"

"Oh... I'm sorry. I know what going through that's like." She said. "What ever. We need to focus on getting the thing we need to help Blake." Jackie said, shoving the thoughts aside, before turning back to the coffin. She was immediately drawn to one of the trinkets on the small table. Jackie walked up to it and looked at it. The trinket was a small, bull skull charm that looked like it went on a necklace or bracelet. Jackie was entranced by it as the eyes in it gave off a green light.

"Pretty huh?" Came a sudden voice. Jackie snapped back to reality and let out a yelp, jump back and falling on her butt. "H-HOLY CRAP!" She yelped. There was a chuckle as the ghostly form of the woman in the photos materialized. "Hooo boy... I love do'n that." The woman said. She towered over Jackie, easily being seven feet tall, though was still a good bit shorter than Atlas. She glanced over to Atlas. "'Ey! Don't look so mopey rock head! You know I ain't completely gone." She said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Atlas froze and looked up in disbelief when the ghostly figure appeared.
"Gunner? So you're still kicking here?" He says with unstabled confusion. For the first time Jackie saw him legitimately flabbergasted. "You're still in this world?" He looks around. "Still just as tidy as in life." He jokes. Something else Jackie hadn't really seen from him before.

"Eeeeeh it's 50/50." The ghost, apparently named gunner, said. "Might be all well kept like this but, don't open the casket. Not a pretty sight." She said, before turning her attention to Jackie. "Well, what're ya wait'n for? Take it!" Gunner said to Jackie, indicating the charm. "After all it don't start glow'n like that for just anybody. Yer s'posed to be the one to use it." She said. Jackie blinked. She glanced at Atlas, before glancing to Gunner, then the charm. She got to her feet and went over, grabbing the charm.

There was a sudden bright flash. Gunner grinned. "'Bout damn time." She said, before fading away. When the flash was over, standing where Jackie was, was what looked like Gunner, but different. Gunner herself was blonde, and had flowing curly hair that she let hang down. This Gunner's hair was the same shade of bright red, and style as Jackie's being a messy low ponytail. She was dressed differently too. The original wore a flannel button up shirt, jeans with a pair of chaps on top and a poncho, this one wore a white tank top, under a western long coat, with jsut a regular pair of jeans and boots. This Gunner's reptillian traits were different as well, looking more like a komodo dragon, rather than a rattle snake. "TH-THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME?!" Came Jackie's voice with a slight southern drawl.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Atlas chuckled and stood up as he tucked the photo into his cloak.
"I was right. You were able to take a spirit." He says looking over Jackie's new form. "Fascinating how she appeared. We always wondered what we'd be." Atlas once more seemed more enthralled with his investigation and seemed to ignore Jackie. "Even the voice change. Oh that's brilliant. Has been some time since I last saw it."

"Yeah, that's all pretty fascinat'n, but, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ME?!" She questioned. "I'm just stand'n here and all of a sudden I'm like eight feet tall, I've got a TAIL and now I'm talk'n like I came out of a John Wayne movie!" Jackie rambled.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Gunner and you have been linked." Atlas says finishing his look over of Jackie. "She is part of you now and as such you can channel her power. I must say it was far easier than I expected."

Jackie blinked andl ooked down at herself. To say she was still confused would be an understatement. "Ok, how do I turn back to normal?" Jackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"That I could not tell you." Atlas says looking her over like a researcher would a test subject.

"Am I gonna be stuck like this forever?" She questioned. "Cause while the lizard stuff is kinda cool, be'n this tall ain't! And how the hell am I gonna explain this to my parents?" She questioned.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"It's easy to revert forms. Simply picture the crux of the transformation. That item you picked up. Relax and you will turn back with ease."

Jackie nodded, before doing as instructed. A few moments passed before the charm, which was looped onto her belt, began to glow, and she returned to normal. Mostly. She was back to her normal size, and for the most part looked like she did before, but she kept the reptilian bits, even if they were a bit more toned down now, and her clothes had swapped out for what looked like leather armor. Strapped to her thigh was a holstered revolver. Jackie blinked. "I-I'm not normal still!" She whined, speaking normally now.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Well that is interesting. It may be an effect of you being in this world. Possibly in your own you will be as you were." He examines the charm. "But we don't have time to worry about that." He says remembering the gravity of the situation. "We need to get Blake out."

Jackie looked down at herself. Whilst she wasn't completely normal still, the reptilian aspects she now had were toned down. Jackie pushed thoughts about her appearance to the side. "So do we just teleport back to the neighborhood?" Jaackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"We shall. However, we'll need some assistance for when we reach Blake. You see once we get in we won't get out as easily." He explains as he holds out his hand. "You have your spirit and if I'm correct about Blake one of the other portals must also be active. So we should retrieve his charm."

Jackie nodded and took Atlas's hand, before they teleported.
Baku (played by Dreath)

The pair left the western world and found themselves back in the nexus of portals. Jackie's one was one of what seemed like a dozen that was active. As Atlas scans the various portals he sees another five down. It had a flickering light in it that radiated much like Jackie's.
"This looks promising."

As with before Jackie touched it and she found herself in a new place. This time they were in what appeared to be a tropical jungle. In the distance through a clearing, a meso-american style pyramid could be seen.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Well this is a change. We should head down then." Atlas gives Jackie a hand motion for her to follow as they make their way to the pyramid. The large stone structure seemed of modest size. Around the base of the small staircase were odd carved statues of large Rhinoceros Beetles. Atlas runs his hand over one and looks up the stairs. "I wonder." He says looking up.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus