Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Unlike Blake, Jackie put on some headphones and listened to music as she walked home, not noticing how quiet everything was. After a while she looked around confused. There people walking up and down the streets, but they didn't seem to react to anything. Furthermore, everything just, seemed greyer.

As she walked she glanced down an alley way and froze. Down the alley way was a shadowy being, far too dark to just be someone wandering through the alley. Furthermore she spotted its glowing yellow eyes. It didn't seem to notice her, and she'd seen enough movies to know investigating the thing would be a bad idea, and quickly continued on.

She spotted several other shadowy beings moving about on her way home. She did her best to avoid drawing attention to herself. After a while she ot to her neighborhood and froze. Further back in the block, a massive stone building could be spotted, spot lights moving about the surrounding area. "Th-That wasn't there earlier today....." Jackie stammered.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake hadn't quiet noticed the odd hue of grey that hung over everything. A slight colour shift that seemed to dull all colours in the area. Though this didn't bother him much as it was a fairly cloudy day. What got to him was the lack of sound. There was nothing. All around him were things that made noise like cars, people and birds but the sounds seemed dim and faded. Like a dying speaker struggling to produce sound. As he walked past two people walking up the street he noticed the dullness of them. It wasn't like usual on a cloudy day but rather hazy. The people seemed like they had faded in colour and resolution as they seemed somewhat blurry. Pinching the bridge of his nose and rubbing his eyes he wandered over to a bench by a bus stop and sat. Feeling like his eyes are playing up he opens his bag and pulls out a bottle of water. Taking a drink he takes a deep breath and looks around.

Jackie made a bee-line to her house. Obviously something was going. She unlocked the door and went in. "M-Mom?" She called out. She went into the living room, spotting her mother in the kitchen, cooking something. "Mom, where'd that giant building come from?" Jackie asked. Her mother didn't respond. "Mom?" Jackie asked walking over, still not getting a response. "Mom!" Jackie said, shaking her mother, again not getting a response.

Blake would seen be able to spot one of the yellow eyed shadowy beings. They stared straight at him.
Baku (played by Dreath)

The odd shadow figure seemed almost like a shadow. Standing under a tree and watching people go by. As Blake looked over to it he felt unnerved. The form seemed shapeless and like a silhouette. Yet a person walking past was as detailed as the rest. Confused by what he was seeing he felt his hand quiver as the form looked to him. Blake felt his blood run cold as he got up and began heading back the way he came. The figure seemed to look at him and let it's eyes follow. Looking back he saw it still staring. Unsure what he was seeing he went on. Noticing now the muted colours and dulled sound of the world. People other than that shadow seemed to ignore him. Something which was confirmed when he looked back and walked into someone. They didn't respond and kept walking as if he wasn't there.
"Sorry." Blake said but got no response. As he turned back he saw the black figure gone. Turning ahead he sighed in relief and went to move but from the corner of his eye to his right and across the road he saw the figure staring at him with wide eyes. Fear gripping him he starts running down the street back to the school where he came.

"MOM!" Jackie shouted, forcefully turning her mom to face her. "What's going on?!" Jackie questioned. Her mother didn't respond. She didn't even seem to acknowledge Jackie was standing there, before turning around and going back to cooking. "W-Why aren't you talking to me?" Jackie questioned. "Look, I'm sorry I'm failing my classes and that I don't do as good as Jenny, I promise I'll do better, just please answer me!" Jackie pleaded, still getting no response from her mother.

As Jackie's attempts to get her mother's attention grew louder and more frantic, several beings gathered outside of her house. They stood on the side walk on the other side of the street. They looked perfectly human, save for the yellow glowing eyes and completely colorless, grey skin. They were dressed like police, though on their badges they had 'Neighborhood Watch' printed on them. "What's going on?" Questioned one of the beings. "Somethings freaking out in there. What ever it is it's disturbing the peace. Go in and make it stop." One of the beings, apparently the one in charge of the group, ordered. One of them nodded, before crossing the street. He paused, looking both ways down the street, before crossing, and walking up to the house.

"Mom, please jsut talk to me!" Jackie whimpered, before she heard a loud knocking on the door. She yelped, jumping. This was the first clear sound she'd heard that didn't come from her, or something she had on her person. Jackie waited a moment, before it became clear her mother wasn't even acknowledging the knock. Jackie turned and went to the door.

The figure watched a Blake ran. It didn't move from its spot and simply watched him until he was out of sight. As Blake ran he would turn a corner that would lead straight back up to the school. When he turned the corner, the figure was standing there, in the middle of the side walk directly in front of him, still silently staring at him.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake was in a cold sweat as he saw the black figure now in front of him continuing to stare. Turning to cross the street he sees another on on the other side. Down the road on the corner it also stared back. Looking to the school he saw another one walking out. They seemed to slowly gather around him but at a distance of about ten meter. This ever growing number of stalking entities sat around him and watched. They slowly began approaching and when Blake looked around for a way out he failed to see one. Every direction he could go he saw another. Six were around him and slowly, menacingly closing in. As he prepared to break down and scream the one in front of him had a sudden flash go off beside it and the figure flew off to the side crashing into the side of the school with a loud thump as it fell into the bushes. The others stop and look around. Blake looks confused but in the back of his mind he hears a voice.
"Run." It says somewhat distant. Not taking a chance to be caught Blake sprints forward and gets passed the shadows as the one tossed stands up and looks about with the rest

Jackie went to the door and peered through the peep hole, seeing the gray neighborhood watch guy at the door. She didn't plan to answer, before the man knocked again. Jackie backed away from the door, before turning. She started to her room and grabbed an old alluminum bat she owned from when she was younger and played on a little league baseball team.

"What do you want?" Jackie questioned, opening the door. The chain lock was still in place, preventing the door from opening further.

"Good afternoon. Earlier we heard a loud ruckus coming from your home. Is everything ok? May I come in to investigate?" The man asked. "No, and everything's fine. I've just had a bad day and lost my temper." Jackie lied. The man raised a brow. "Very well. Don't disturb the peace again." He said, before turning and going back to the others.

Jackie kept her eyes on the man, and the others he returned to, before closing the door. "Something's strange about that girl." The man said to the others. "She's not a reflection, but she's also not a minion." He said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake continued down the road not looking back to give those things a chance to catch up.
"What's going on? What are they? This isn't right." He says sprinting for a good ten minutes before he stops and pants heavily. All the running catching up to him and adrenaline fading. Looking around he saw no sign of his pursuers but as he looked around at the neighborhood he noticed a large fortress set up amongst houses. "Where did, what's that?" He asks moving a bit closer for another look. Something wasn't right. The whole world seemed different. Was he hallucinating? Did his water get spiked when he wasn't looking? Has stress got to him and he's having a psychotic break? Maybe he was dreaming? All these thoughts crossed Blake's mind as he went closer. Completely unsure of what was happening.

"Is she a watcher?" Asked one of the other men. The first shook his head. "I don't think so." He said, glancing back at the house. "We should tell the Chief." Said another of the men, the others nodded before they headed off. Jackie remained by the door, watching through the peephole. She went back to her mother once hte men were gone. "Mom please jsut talk to me!" She pleaded, yet again getting no response.

She finally gave up with her mother and hunted down her sister, Jenny, who was unsurprisingly locked up in her room. "Jenny, why isn't mom talking to me? She mad at me or something?" JAckie asked entering her sister's room. As with her mother Jenny didn't react. "Jenny?" Jackie asked, still not getting a response. She tried to get her sister's attention again a few more times, but Jenny wouldn't even acknowledge she was there, even when Jackie made Jenny look straight at her. Eventually she gave up with Jenny too.

She dug her phone out and tried to cal her other relatives. None answered, despite how many times she tried to reach them. "Why won't anyone talk to me?!" Jackie asked. Eventually she went back to her mother. "Mom if this is about my grades I'm sorry! I'll-I'll do everything I can to get them back up jsut please talk to me!" Jackie pleaded, still getting no response. She slumped forward, and stared at the ground.

She grabbed her bat before going outside, making sure to bring her bat. She tried to get the attention of some of her neighbors. Not one of them responded. "WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING TO ME?!" Jackie shouted. She glanced at the giant fortress, before deciding to go back to the city to see if she could find someone to help her there. As she walked, she spotted Blake. She paused for a moment before darting over to him. "Please talk to me, please talk to me, please talk to me-" She repeated to herself as she approached Blake. "Do you have ANY idea what's going on here?" Jackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake stared at the large and out of place fortress. He seemed completely enamored with it until Jackie ran up talking to him. He looked pale from his last situation and his eyes were like that of a cautious animal.
"Jackie?" He asks noticing her and seeing her not devoid of colour or muffled. "What is that?" He points to the fortress and looking around for any sight of the shades. "I don't know. Wait, do you see them too?" He asks feeling relieved he isn't crazy even without a response from Jackie. His shoulders relaxed a bit as a familiar face was present and talking.

"Oh thank god! Someone who'll talk to me." Jackie said, relieved. Seh shook her head. "I tried to ask around but nobody would even seem notice I was there, even when I made them look at me or something." Jackie said. She paused when asked about seeing 'them'. "See who? The people?" Jackie asked, confused. She paused and her eyes went wide. "Th-Them?" She questioned, pointing behind Blake. Standing at the edge of the neighborhood were several of the Shades, staring at the pair from where they were. None of them moved however, and they were a good distance away.

"Commisioner, we found a strange girl earlier." Spoke one of the neighborhood watchmen, amongst the group who'd been outside Jackie's house, on a radio. "She reacted to us, unlike a Reflection and she wasn't a minion, sir. She could be a Watcher, but we can't really tell. What are your orders?" The Watchman asked. There was a silence on the radio. "Find the girl, bring her to the prison for interrogation. She's either a Watcher, or some miscreant sent one of his minions to cause problems in my neighborhood. Regardless, I won't stand for either." Replied a man on the radio.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake turned slowly and saw the shades standing and staring ahead. He nods to Jackie.
"Yea, them." He says now facing them and backing away. "What's going on?" He says fearfully. The shadowy forms slowly step forward and more begin to gather as the number grows as several come from down the street. In total there were seven. Standing and moving without saying a word. Then that same sudden voice came into Blake's & Jackie's heads.
"Run." It says softly. It was like a flash and acting like it was his own thoughts Blake turned the direction Jackie came and started running.

Jackie was frozen in place for a few sec, before she took a couple steps back as well, clutching her baseball bat tightly. She turned on her heels and darted after Blake. She grabbed him by the arm and headed back to her house. As she ran, more of the Shade's seemed to appear, having been spotted around the sides of houses, or behind vehicles, before they joined in on the pursuit. "W-WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON?!" Jackie yelped.

Her house was coming back into view by now. As the two were nearing Jackie's house, the Neighborhood watchmen headed back Jackie's house to wait for her to come out, before they spotted the commotion. One of them scowled when they spotted the Shades. He grabbed his radio. "We're going to need some back up. Several Shades have entered the neighborhood." He said into the radio. "Understood, back up will arrive shortly." A voice replied.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"I don't know, there was one of those things staring at me down the street. I started to turn away and it followed." He said several feet ahead of Jackie as he looked over to see people in uniforms at a house, unknown to him being Jackie's. "Oh thank god." He says heading towards them but about ten meters away he notices their skin. Grey and vacant like the people around and their eyes had a similar glow to the shades. One turned and spoke into a radio. "Who're they?" He asks Jackie as he comes to a stop.

Jackie came to a stop, and scowled. "They came by my house Earlier...." Jackie said. She didn't like the vibes they were giving her. She lanced back to the shades. They were following, but further away. "Hey! You two!" Called one of the Watchmen as they approached.

Jackie glanced to him, before grabbing Blake by the arm. "Follow me." She said, before darting to her back yard fence. She jumped the fence into the backyard
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Wah, slow down." Blake says as he's pulled by the arm and following behind Jackie as she jumps the fence. He pauses for a moment wondering if he could too. Taking a running start he fumbled over and barely kept his footing before following suite. "Was that your house?"

"Hey! Stop!" Shouted the Watchman, chasing after them. He jumped the fence. "You two will be coming with-"The Watchman began, before being thwacked in the head by Jackie swinging her bat, knocking him out. "Yeah, that was my house." Jackie said, darting to the back gate and unlatching it. "There's a bit of 'woods' behind my house and between this block of houses and the next, got a tree house in one of the trees" Jackie said. "We might be able to get away from them there, if it can hold our weight." She said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake narrowly avoided being grabbed by the strange men and out of nowhere Jackie swung her bat and he fell out cold. Unsure how to respond Blake was dragged along by Jackie as they headed towards the woods.
"Ok you knocked out a cop or something. That's gonna go down well." Blake laughs nervously to himself. "Will a tree house really be useful for hiding?"

"Those guys aren't cops!" Jackie said. "Cops aren't grey, and they don't have glowing yellow eyes!" Jackie yelped. "And do you have any better ideas on where we can hide out?" Jackie asked as she unlatched the backyard gate and headed out.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake went quiet. He shook his head.
"I don't know." He looks back to the fortress. "So why's that there?" He asks about the fortress. "That wasn't there this morning."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus