Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Go through with what? If it's kicking Jefferies in the nuts I Can do that for you just fine. Unless you want to too. Then we both can." Jackie said.

"Well considering your Attorney is a cold, lifeless reflection, even if we did get him he wouldn't be of any use to you." Jefferies replied. "And if you must know, these are the rules me and my officers must follow to our dying breath. Each of my Officers can recite any given rule from any given page by memory. Observe. Page twelve thousand and three, subsection eighty-nine, point b." Jefferies said. "All toilet paper rolls in the precinct are to be placed over not under, sir!" The 'Attorney' recited. "Page forty-six, subsection three. Point N." Jefferies added. "All speed limits, on foot or in a vehicle are to be observed at all times of day by everyone, sir!" The 'Attorney' said. "See?" Jefferies said, before turning his attention back to the book.

"There are only very incredibly rare situations where ignoring or breaking a rule is an acceptable action to take. And this isn't one of them." Jefferies said, as he continued flipping through pages.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Jackie I'm going to need you to come with me. I have a little test for you but it'll yield something a bit more effective than that bat of yours to help defend yourself here." Atlas says with and pose and tone of a professor. He extends his hand.

"Least you're good with the over hanging. But I still don't know what I did wrong? Like I told you I was just walking home. I felt dizzy then suddenly your officers ask me to follow them."

Jackie blinked. "Like.... a gun?" She asked, before placing her hand in Atlas's, not sure what to expect.

"You've been arrested for suspicion of being a Watcher." Jefferies said. "That stone creature is enough trouble as it is, we don't need more of his troublesome kind roaming around.
Baku (played by Dreath)

As Jackie touches him Atlas blinks them to his base. His facility in the hall of portals.
"Not quiet. Well it might be." He says with a curious look. "Please follow." He says walking down a hall.

"I still don't know what a Watcher is. Or whatever this 'stone creature' you speak of. I'm just as confused as any as to what's happening. Well maybe not so much as you."

"Whoa.... trippy. Kinda like the world portals in Spyro." Jackie said as they walked through it. As they walked one of the portals seemed to activate once Jackie got near it. "Uh.... what's it doing?" Jackie asked.

"Like I said earlier, a Watcher is what happens when one's Reflection gets severed from the double. The Reflection takes on a life of it's own and slowly begins to take on a new form separate from their double. Now if you don't mind, I'm trying to read through the rules. So I would appreciate if you stopped talking." Jefferies said, before turning his attention back to the book.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Beings like me are called Watchers. We exist independently in this world as our own entities. But we are not immortal and when we die something odd happens. As we are a byproduct in reality our deaths trigger a dissemblance and we become an entity we affectionately call a Spirit. Then those spirits go into hibernation and await someone to link with." He says as they pass a portal which fluctuates. "My theory was you and Blake were bonded with some. So here we are. Given that portals response I think I was as ever, correct."

Blake took this info and sat quietly. Waiting for when his rescue would come

Jackie blinked. "Uh... w-what?" Jackie questioned scratching her head. "You say'n some ghost thing's haunting me or something?" She questioned, before glancing to the portal that had activated. "What did you mean they need to make al ink to someone?" Jackie asked. "Like, possession?" She questioned.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Not exactly. How to phrase it." Atlas ponders this for a moment. "More like a guardian of sorts? Akin to a helpful ally that will be bound to your essence." Atlas explains it in this way but struggles to put it simply. "Like a friend in your head. I suppose." He looks back into the portal. Not being used to dumbing things down in such a way or having to find appropriate metaphor from the other world.

"Ok. Sooooo what's up with the portal?" Jackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Well we should go in. These portals all correlate to spirits. Not sure which ones are which but they've been dead for some time." He pats Jackie's shoulder. "Move through."

Jackie glanced at Atlas, before to the portal. Her grip tightened on her bat and she gulped, before stepping through. Her visions was briefly overpowered with white, before her surroundings became clear. She was standing in the middle of what looked like a desert that stretched on for miles. In the distance was a small town.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Atlas then appears beside her.
"Fascinating. I always wondered what other portals are like beyond for these spirits." He gazes about at the seemingly endless desert. The weirdest thing was this place was unlike the Mirror World. It wasn't muted or quiet.

"Ok so now what?" Jackie asked. "This definitely isn't where Blake is, and I don't see anything that looks like a ghost anywhere." She said. Suddenly she heard a whispering voice. "Come." It said. JAckie jumped. "C-Correction! I just heard a ghosty voice!" Jackie stammered.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"What did it say?" Atlas asks having not heard anything but understands how this process works. Generally at least.

"Just said 'come'." Jackie said. "Dunno where it wants me to go though." Jackie said. "Think it's talking about that town?" She asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"I wouldn't know where. You go with what you think. You'll need to go off your instincts here."

Jackie nodded, before beginning to go towards the town, after all it was the only thing for miles that wasn't barren desert to go to. After a short while they got to the town. They walked through the small town, before Jackie paused and turned, looking towards a church. "I think we should go in there." Jackie said, feeling oddly drawn to it.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Lead the way, I'll stay close behind. Don't worry." Atlas says seeming to hover just off the ground as they move along

Jackie nodded and went into the church. It was empty, as everything else in town seemed to be. She looked around, before spotting a stairwell that went down. She followed it to a door that lead into a large room. On the other end of the room was a tall coffin stood up against the wall, with a few objects placed around it, mostly flowers or grainy black and white photos. Infront of the Coffin was a small table with a few flower vases and other trinkets on it.

Jackie approached and looked over some of the photos. All of them had a woman in them, who seemed to be part reptile, and was dressed up like a cowboy. She was with others in some photos, including what looked to be a big Viking, a human beetle, and what looked like Atlas. "Hey, why're you in some of these?" Jackie asked as she looked through them.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Atlas rested his hand on the wall and examined the dust.
"This place seems dead?" He says to himself confused. Jackie's comment on him being in photos peaked his interest. "Let me see those." He says gently taking it. His expression noticeably changes from confusion to sorrow. "Oh, so that's it." He says sitting on one of the dusty bleachers.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus