Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Yeah I r-really hope so." Jackie said, stuttering slightly. "Hey! We can go to this one cafe a friend of mine works at." Jackie offered. "The coffee they have there is amazing." She said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Then lead the way. Maybe I need to just do something else and move on." He smiles as the two head off, Jackie leading the way

Jackie led Blake to the cafe. It was small and clearly locally owned. It was called 'Vulpes Cafe'. Jackie went in the door ringing a small bell as it opened. "Be with you in just a second!" Came a voice, before Kat came out from the kitchen. She paused when she saw Jackie. "What're you doing here?" Kat asked walking over. "I wanted some coffee." Jackie answered. "Shouldn't you be at home resting? Don't wanna pass out like that again today." Kat said. "I won't." Jackie replied. Kat sighed. "Ok, but you're getting rest when you get home." Kat ordered sternly, before noticing the slightly freaked out looks on Jackie and Blake's faces. "Are you guys ok?" She asked, as she lead them to a table.

"And where did they go?" Came the clearly very irritated voice of the Commissioner, the man one of the strange officer's spoke with the night before. "We don't commissioner Jefferys. After she hit Officer Deril with the bat they jumped a fence and we lost them from there." The Officer responded. "Well do you have any ideas where they went?" Commissioner Jefferys asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake stood silently as Kat and Jackie spoke. Kat was like an older sister it would seem and their dynamic was one where Jackie was needing to be parented. He didn't speak as the two had their back and forth but the comment on their looks brought an awkward smile to his face.
"Been a busy week lets say."

"We aren't sure sir, our jurisdiction didn't extend far enough for us to check." The officer says looking down and defeated. Seemingly out of nowhere a tall black figure emerges. A Shade. It gives a polite gesture to the Commissioner and with a bowed head presents an envelope.
"My Master wishes to provide you some more clues to this puzzle." It says in a mixed voice that resembled neither male or female.

"Damn!" The Commissioner hissed. , before gong over and taking a seat at his desk. "I need to see about expanding out jurisdiction then." He said, not even taking breaking jurisdiction as an option. "Well, keep your eyes open incase they return. If they do, do NOT let them escape again. Capture them and immediately bring them here for interroga-" The Commissioner began, before the Shade materialized. He scowled as it approached. "Well I hope it's important, considering your complete disregard for delivering this through the proper channels!" He said, his voice scathing with rage as he swiped the letter from the shade's hands.

"Real busy." Jackie. Kat paused, a suspicious look on her face. "You spent all week in class goofing off and rambling about video games or giant monsters. I assume you kept doing that at home too." Kat answered. "Well.... keeping up to date on the latest giant monster movies is real tiring." JAckie replied after a short silence. "Look, I think you passing out yesterday is really getting to you more than you're admitting to." Kat said. "Any way I could convince you to get it to go or something?" Kat asked. "No. We came here cause it's relaxing here. Blake's been kinda over worked with school work, and my mom and Jenn won't stop pestering me about that tutoring stuff, so relaxing at home's out." Jackie said. Kat sighed. "Fine." She said, as shelead Jackie and Blake to Jackie's prefered sitting area, which was a bunch of bean bags set up next to a coffee table. Jackie plopped down in one, letting out a sigh, before Kat got ready to take orders. "Usual I'm guessing?" She asked, before Jackie nodded. "What would you like? Or would you like a bit more time to pick something out?" Ka asked, turning to blake.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Inside the folder were pictures of Jackie and Blake with Atlas. The images came from before they escaped. Several others showed the two across town and as they headed into the woods.
"As you can see the two have been with another individual that is surely an accomplice. We suggest extreme measures as he's considered armed and dangerous." The Shade said as it slowly stepped back. "But that's entirely up to you if you wish to protect your men or not."

Blake nestled down into a seat awkwardly before letting himself sprawl out and relax a bit. He sighed and looked up at Kat as she asked for orders.
"Oh, give me whatever's popular or what Jackie is having. I'm not fussed." He says with a nervous smile. He seemed rather out of place, more so given is current mind set.

The Commissioners eyes narrowed as he looked through the pictures. He glanced up to the officers, before showing a picture with Jackie, Blake, and Atlas. "If you find any of these three in our jurisdiction, you are to capture them. Am I clear?" The commissioner asked. The officers nodded. "Good. Increase the number of Officers patrolling the perimeter. You're dismissed." The commissioner said.

Kat nodded, writing down the order. "It'll be out to you guys in a bit." She said, before heading off. Jackie was mostly quiet, simply lying on top of her beanbag. "Do you watch giant monster movies?" Jackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

With its duty done the Shade bows and steps into the shadows, fading away. An officer waves his hand into the shadowed corner before heading out. There wasn't the faintest trace left of the being as the officers went out on their patrols.

Blake looked like a sprawled cat. Comfy yet out of place as he had both arms and legs spread out while he sunk into the beanbag. He shrugged at hearing Jackie's question.
"Sometimes for the fun of it."

"You ever watch any of the Gorganth movies? They're about a giant fire breathing dinosaur that got frozen in the arctic. The effects are pretty good for movies that came out in the seventies." Jackie said. She rambled a bit about the Gorganth movies, before Kat returned with their drinks, placing them on the coffee table. Kat had been allowed to take her break than, and she sat with the two. "So what did Mr. Williams want with you yesterday?" Kat asked. "Tutoring stuff." Jackie muttered, a hint of aggravation in her voice. She took a sip from her drink before leaning back in her bean bag.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"More or less." Blake says as he takes his drink and sips. The two sit around and talk for a good hour. It was a vividly friendly conversation and the two seemed to almost forget their problems of the last day. Even for a few short moments. It was mid to late afternoon as the two decided to leave heading out front Blake bid Jackie farewell and he made his way home.

"See ya." Jackie said, as Blake left. She hung out in the cafe for a bit longer, mostly talking to Kat, before she left as well.

After he got to the neighborhood, the surroundings seemed to fade of color slightly, being grayer than they were before. People seemed to zone out as well, no longer reacting to Blake's presence. It was obvious Blake found himself in the mirror world again.

A pair of officers walked the perimeter of the Neighborhood, before one spotted blake. "Isn't that one of the two the Commissioner told us to capture?" Asked the first officer.
Baku (played by Dreath)

As he walked home Blake started to feel dizzy. He went to a bus stop and sat down for a moment. When he stood up and started walking he noticed something odd. The area seemed deluded in colour and sounds seemed somewhat muffled. Blake's heart started pounding and he looked around frantically. His eyes widened as he realized he was somehow back in the Mirror World.
"No no no." He says freezing up as he looked around panicked and tried to get someone's attention. They didn't respond and this confirmed his fears.

The two officers approached. "Hands in the air kid!" Ordered one of them, as they got closer.

Jackie made her way home. As she waslked she passed a bus stop, before spotting Blake slumped in the seat. "Uh... you ok dude?" She asked, not getting a response from Blake. She shook him, but still got no response. "Shit...." She said. "What do I do?" She asked herself. She quickly assumed Blake had gone back into the mirror world somehow, but she didn't know how, nor did she know what to do with his body, as the hospital clearly wasn't gonna get him to wake up.
Baku (played by Dreath)

As the officers approached Blake held up his hands on instinct. He could see they weren't Shades and since they could interact with him maybe they knew Atlas.
"Are you with Atlas?" He asks before realizing Atlas warned them of others and dangers. As they approached he started to slowly step back.

"Yeah, we know Atlas." Spoke one of the Guards, though he had no clue who atlas was. "We got a place that'll be safe from the shades for you to get into contact with Atlas." He said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake wasn't sure what to do. They knew about the Shades and to protect him from them. He swallowed and nervously stepped forward.
"Well ok then."

"Alright, follow us." The Officer said, before they lead Blake further into the neighborhood. As they walked multiple Shades were spotted lurking by the sides of houses, or peering out from behind cars, or standing atop the houses, but none of them moved as they walked passed. "good thing they know not to piss off the Commissioner." The other Officer spoke, glaring at the Shades as they walked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake felt himself pulling in as if it were cold. He was cautious of all the Shades he noticed. But they didn't move in. Though from what he saw they were patient. Like vultures. Lurking and watching prey. The comment about the Shades and this 'Commissioner' brought a feeling of unease. Why would the Shades fear this person? He wondered but didn't trust his odds if he ran.

They walked for a while before they drew near the fortress that he and Jackie had seen the night before. They walked to the main gate but were stopped as another officer ran some device over them, more than likely some sort of weird metal detector, before being allowed in.

By now Jackie had decided she'd move Blake someplace else. She'd settled on telling anyone who tried to stop her that Blake was her friend and had issues with narcolepsy. She dragged him out to her tree house, and had a bit of difficulty getting him up into it, but eventually managed. "Ok.... what do I do now?" Jackie questioned to herself.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake was scanned over and the machine gave off some strange beeps. Numerous officers, all with the same look, examined the reading. One cocked an eyebrow at him but then something clicked and they let him in. Some whispering was heard behind him as he was urged forward into the facility. It was weirdly imposing and out of place here. Everything else seemed normal but this seemed like some deranged version of town. This fortress was not there in his world. In fact he wasn't sure where he was. But from yesterday he recalled he had seen this building nearby. It was near Jackie's place. He thought and remembered they ran from some people. His body ran cold and face pale at this realization. He handed himself into those after him. But how could they see him? We're they with the Shades?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus