Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"YES! WE'RE GOING HOME!" Jackie blurted out, clearly more than ready to ditch this weird place. Jackie did the same.
Baku (played by Dreath)

The same thing happened as what brought them to this place. One moment they were in the facility and the next they were back in town. Standing on a street corner with a row of shops down either street and blurred cars driving by. Blake felt dizzy but straightened himself up and shook off the feeling as he looked around.
"Are we downtown?" He asks recognizing the location. Atlas looks about and scans for the fissure.
"It would seem so. This point must be the fault line between the other two rifts. Should be around here somewhere."

"What are we looking for with this fissure thing?" She questioned. "Like, a big hole or something? right?" She added. Unnoticed by any of them, atop a building stood a shade, gazing down at them intently.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"It wouldn't be as obvious. Something odd. Like a ripple similar to a mirage. Something that looks out of place." Atlas says as he wanders his gaze up the buildings. The shade above moves from sight but leaves Atlas with an uneasy look. Blake looks around but everything seems normal. The area around them seems like anywhere else in this world. Muted colours and strange deluded sounds. Blake thought he saw something standing in a shop window. It looked like a shadowy shade for a minute as he scanned by. But when his gaze returned he saw nothing there. Rubbing his eyes he wondered if it was a trick of his eyes.

Jackie didn't wait to get to looking once Atlas told them what to look for. Jackie didn't bother with being polite to the people wandering about, simply shoving them out of her way or shoving by them. None reacted, as expected. "Uh... this it?" Jackie questioned. "I can see a weird. Uh..... wiggly..... line..... thing in the air." Jackie said.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Atlas looked to where Jackie indicated in the middle of the street. About the cross section in the road. The area seemed about two meters tall and slightly off the ground. It was about an inch thick.
"That's it. Now you two stand back and I'll open it. But when I say go you must jump through as I can't force it open for long and it'll immediately close for good once it closes." Blake moves to the side. He and Jackie were about five meters from the rift. Atlas puts his hands together like praying and a light starts emitting from them. The air around them crackles and as Atlas prepares this the shades make themselves noticed and stand. Rising up around Atlas notices around a dozen from a quick scan. "Blast it." He says trying to focus the needed energy and get the kids out of harms way.

Jackie jumped when the shades suddenly appeared. It was a large enough group to surround them. She raised her bat, but was obviously trembling. "W-What do we do?" Jackie questioned. The Shades soon began to close in. Jackie swung her bat at the nearest Shade, hitting iti n the head and knocking it the ground. It soon rose to its feet. "C-Crap!" Jenny stammered, taking a step back.
Baku (played by Dreath)

As Jackie moved back, close to Blake and Atlas the taller guardian of them looked to the shades.
"Both of you, are you ready?" He asks as his hands pulse with energy. Blake looks about.
"I, I don't know." Atlas looks to the rift.
"Well I'm sorry but you need to be, now go!" He shouts points his hands to the rift. As energy cracks and light shoots from his hands like streams Atlas pulls and pries open the rift. Blake sees this and moves without thinking running and leaping into it.

Jackie dropped her bat and followed, jumping through the portal as well. Jackie found herself in complete darkness for a bit. At first Jackie was worried she had gotten stuck between the real world and the mirror world, but then she began to open her eyes.

At first she was blinded by a bright light, before her eyes adjusted to find herself staring up at a hospital room's ceiling. She looked around for a few seconds before her mother suddenly came into view. "OH THANK GOD!" She yelped, yanking Jackie into a hug, having been crying. "Where am I? What's going on?" Jackie asked. "The principle fou-found you and a boy unconscious on the steps up to your school." Jackie's mother explained, once she'd regained some of her composure. "Do you remember what happened?" Her mother asked.

Jackie opened her mouth to speak, perfectly recalling what had been happening in the mirror world, but decided not to mention anything. "Uh.... no I don't." Jackie said. "Uh the guy I was found with is he ok?" Jackie asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake found himself in a similar situation in another room. Having sprang awake and sitting up like he woke from a nightmare he panted as a nurse came over to comfort him.
"Whoa now, calm down it's all right." Blake looked around and saw the entirety of the Hospital room as his blurry vision adjusted.
"Am I in hospital?" He asks and the nurse nods.
"Correct. Do you remember what happened?" Blake thinks to himself. The mirror world was a strange situation that he felt was an odd dream.
"I left school and now I'm here?" He asks playing dumb and around that notion of another world. The nurse nods.
"Seemed like you passed out. We were worried as your vital signs were low but now everything seems well." She says checking a heart rate and as this happens Blake notices the drip in his arm. A minute later his parents come in and he has a similar greeting to Jackie as he ponders what happened. Did he have some kind of episode? Heatstroke? He wasn't sure but felt relieved to just be someplace where people responded.

After a short while a Doctor arrived to look Jackie over. They took a few tests to ensure Jackie was ok, as well as a few to try and figure out if her passing out was caused by any disorder. Once all the tests were done, Jackie was given the okay to go home.

Either Williams forgot to call her mother, or the situation with the hospital pushed her need for tutoring to the side, because once Jackie was home there was no mention of it. Jackie almost immediately went to her room to try and sleep, but couldn't sleep no matter how hard she tried. She couldn't stop thinking about the mirror world. She couldn't tell if it actually had happened, or was just some weird dream.

The next day Jackie headed out. "Ok... I know I've seen Blake around here before...." Jackie said to herself as she looked around.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Having been released the following day so he could be monitored Blake was given a clean bill of health. With doctors and his parents all seeing it as a one off incident and no tests showed anything to be concerned about he made his way into town. Sitting himself around a shopping complex he sipped at a slurpee as he sat on a bench and let his thoughts wander. All night he pondered if the mirror world was a real thing or simply the dreams of an over worked mind. He wasn't sure and this bugged him. The fact he was told Jackie passed out too did him no comfort. Knowing she was in his 'dream' too only added to the concern of what was real. While he was out trying to clear his head he found himself being somewhat more paranoid. Small blemishes in the corner of his eye reminded him of the shades and the faceless mannequins in store windows gave him a sense of unease. Like a child out on their own he was nervous of everything and had an ever growing urge to go home.

Jackie had no luck finding Blake in the neighborhood, so began to broaden her search. She moved into the city and continued looking. She was looking for a while. Like Blake, she was more jumpy and paranoid. Though when someone would react to her jumpy behavior at all it made her feel a bit more at ease. As she walked she spotted Blake.

She didn't hesitate to go to him, approaching him from behind. "Blake!" Jackie said, placing a hand on Blake's shoulder and spinning him around.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake let out a gasp as he turned and dropped what was left of his drink. Eyes wide and breathing rapid he looked ready to flee but paused once he saw Jackie. Taking some sputtered breaths he blinks.
"Jackie?" He asks calming. "Why're you here?"

Jackie blinked. "Uh... you dropped that." She said, indicating the drink. "I've been looking for you all day." She said. She grabbed him by his wrist and dragged him over into an alley way. "That crap that happened last night, with those freaky ass shadow things, those weird looking police, and that Atlas dude, that happened right?" Jackie asked. "That wasn't some freaky coma dream right?" She added.
Baku (played by Dreath)

Blake goes pale and leans against the wall.
"So that did happen. It wasn't just me." He looks vacant for a minute as he processes. "So let me get this straight. We went into some other world, talked to a big alien man, were chased by shadow monsters and then wake up in hospital where we had been for several hours?" He asks to see if Jackie will clarify. He already knew her answer but hoped for some line of normancy.

Jackie nodded. "Yeah that's about right." She said shakily. There was a silence that hung in the air for several minutes, before Jackie spoke up again. "B-But we're out of there now. So we-we don't need to worry about it anymore right?" She asked.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"Worry about it? We didn't even know it was a thing and out of no where were pulled into it." He takes a slow breath. "For all we know we're one step off being pulled back in, gotta say I much preferred to think I was crazy. I think I need a bit more time to come to terms with this major revelation."

"Well we've been living all our lives without it happening before right?" Jackie asked. "I mean, that was the first time I've ever been there. And didn't that Atlas guy say people goin through those portals was rare?" She questioned. "Chances are we're probably gonna be ok. Just, we probably shouldn't tell anyone about this." Jackie said, attempting to seem calm and confident. That quickly faded, before she sighed. "Man... that really messed with us huh?" She said. "Wanna go find some place where we can just relax?" Jackie questioned.
Baku (played by Dreath)

"That would work." He steps out of the alley. "I guess I'm still frazzled. It should fade though once things remain normal. Hopefully be like a bad dream and fade away."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Mirrored World[Closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus