Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Yuri Satomura (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

Yuri hummed his agreement and started looking through the gossip stories he could find online. Lemon had some good suggestions, but he didn't want to shame anyone too innocent either. He wished he could find something to slander Bronx himself, but he didn't want to upset Lemon either. She forbade mentioning his name and it did seem suspicious if they came out with a slander article right after he slandered someone. It would look too planted. A story like that needed to wait, come swooping in when everyone least expected it. Ah, he should research that guy after all.

When Lemon mentioned dinner, Yuri jumped, not realizing that so much time had passed. "Oh, yes. I suppose it is. Will you be-" But he didn't have the chance to say 'alright.' Yet again, she was out the door before he could question that weird tone in her voice. Yuri severely hoped this would not become a trend. "I guess I'll finish the work alone, then," he added with a sigh. If Lemon wanted the survey results posted, then he might as well get started on them. With everything else that had been happening lately, sometimes he forgot the purpose of his club and the goals he once had. They seemed so small now and yet he still cherished them.

Hours passed yet again with Yuri so focused that he didn't notice the text from his father or the crick in his neck that formed. Somewhere along the way, though, he stopped running tests and started looking at the results. Their argument, Lemon's definition of their relationship--it all weighed heavily on his mind. He felt glad for what she said. And yet.

Yuri found himself putting his and Lemon's results next to each other, even though he never intended to look for his 'perfect match.' However, after seeing them, he could only sit back in his chair and stare. 87%. Despite everything, they had such a high number? What if a romance was destined between them? Yuri couldn't imagine it, but then, he'd never imagined himself with anyone before.

He still baffled over the possibility when Lemon's text dragged him from the reverie. He stared at it, realizing he couldn't very well tell the truth. He had to settle for the next best thing.

'I just finished the survey results. Heading home. I'll post them tomorrow.'
Lemonmay (played by Clumsylemon)

Lemon hears the beep of a new message from her phone as she sees Yuri name pop up her breath catches for a moment. That is until she reads the message and her face frowns. “Okay cool”’ with a click of the send button Lemon slowly sits up setting her phone on the nightstand. Lemon then touches her face, lightly slapping her cheeks as she stands to climb into her large cold bed. There was nothing wrong with Yuri’s response but it wasn't what Lemon had hoped for, then again she didn't know exactly what she really hoped he would have said.

The next morning after a long cold shower Lemon styled her hair into a sleek and harsh looking high ponytail. She puts on her tightest black jeans and a maroon knit sweater with the school logo. She picks up her phone to see a party invite from Bronx’s mother about their families annual All Hearts Party. Lemon moans before sliding her phone in her back pocket and putting on a pair of black knee high boots.

As Lemon arrives at school everyone seemed to be talking and in a frenzy about the release of the results. Lemon grips her coffee tighter before taking another sip. Her eyes dart around, as she walks, one group of underclassmen stopped her saying they were so excited about their results. Lemon just smiled and tried to keep moving toward the club room. When she arrived there were people standing in front of the door. Lemon pushed passed and slid into the club room closing the door behind her as people were still talking. She leaned against the door closing her eyes for a moment to think. “Who was she to give love advice, her life was a mess,” she opened her eyes to look at the room

Neiko Varda (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

Rather than Yuri at his usual desk, a rather different individual perched on the corner, legs crossed as he leaned back on his hands. Across the desk were numerous copies of the survey results. "Oh? I was hoping that someone would come in soon. Everyone else was too afraid and just crowded around the door, but I had no intention of waiting outside," Neiko crowed. Ever since meeting the black-haired president in the courtyard, he'd kept an eye on him as well as the rumors surrounding the two club members. But that was a mission for another day. Today he came because of one thing in particular.

"You see, I was wondering about these survey results and I just had to ask one of the club members...I mean, are these accurate?! Because if so, I want to sue for discrimination! I've been personally attacked!!" he exclaimed, holding out one of the survey papers with almost enough to rip it in half.

As Lemon took in the sight of the odd blonde boy perched on Yuri’s desk her face twisted and she stepped away from the door making her way toward the complaining boy and her large desk that sits next to Yuri's desk. “I have no idea how the test is discriminating, I created the algorithm myself” Lemon set her large bag on her desk and tossed her jacket over her chair before making her way toward where the boy was sitting. “Now Move,” Lemon starts to scoop up the test results and other papers when her hands freeze on a piece of paper, her name was next to Yuri’s. The odd boy's voice talking drug her back into reality as she locked eyes with him. As Lemon leaned in closer to the boy's face her demeanor became darker and her next words dripped in hostility “I am not Yuri, I have work, you can wait for him over there stalker boy, he may help you" Lemon whipped around on her heel and stomped back to her desk just to collapse in her chair. Lemon looks at the paper before crumbling it into a ball. After a few moment she feels the boy's eyes on her and as she looks up her eyes lock with his. "What"

Neiko pouted and swung around, only just managing to stay perched on the farthest corner of the desk as Lemon collected up the papers. Did she think this was some kind of threat though? He was being entirely serious! "You didn't even ask what I had complaints about," he huffed, giving the paper another tap. Obviously, she had found something else interest, but he didn't plan to leave until he got some answers. And anyway, he quite admired Lemon's spunk. He didn't want her to leave being angry with him.

"For one, I'm not stalking Yuri. I don't think he's interested anyway," Neiko said with a wave of his hand. A second later though, he closed in, one arm wrapped around his chest even while the other jabbed at the survey. "Because, apparently, no one in this entire school is interested! According to your survey, there's not a single person who has higher than thirty percent with me! How can that be? I don't even have limiting criteria like male or female or already taken. That's not possible, right? I should have one high match like in all the movies!"

Lemon darts her eyes toward the boy “That’s an understatement Yuri is oblivious to people who like him” she lets out a long sigh as she stretches her arms and stands up to make coffee. “You are a hopeless romantic aren’t you” Lemon presses a few buttons and the coffee starts to pour “the test isn’t wrong it just means at this time in your life no one here matches you, try again next semester when people change so do their answers” she mixes sugar and cream in her coffee before turning back to the boy “love hurts maybe it’s better you didn’t match with anyone”

Neiko pouted, feeling very displeased with Lemon's answer. "Yes, I am a romantic," he huffed. "And I don't feel like I should have to wait. I've spent all year looking for someone. I'm not picky. It makes me feel like I'm unfit." Eyes narrowed, he scrutinized Lemon as she moved around the room. "You too right? You're upset by my presence because you like Yuri, don't you? So who are you to tell me to wait? All those lines of poetry about not getting what you want. Something tells me you're the type of woman who doesn't like to suffer over love though. You're the type to chase it."

The boys words felt like daggers in her heart when they came out of his mouth. She set her coffee on her desk letting the lie roll of her lips “I have no feelings for Yuri past our partnership and as for love” Lemon stopped and pondered a moment on how to answer “love is rare in my Kinda world, I’ll be more likely to have an arrangement” her hand flew up to her mouth like she shouldn’t have said that she slowly drops it “look it’s just a test, it isn’t the end all, this test was to help creat dialog between people, you can still talk to anyone”

A wicked grin spread across Neiko's face. Lemon couldn't hide anything with a face like that, at least not from his eyes. "I knew it! Hey, hey, I can help you snag Yuri, if you want. Besides, you've caught my interest now. I'm a firm believer that nothing in life should rank higher than loving the person or persons you truly love and living your happily ever after, whatever that might entail for your lifestyle. What do you say? Partners in crime? That's a good pun right?"

Her emerald eyes sharpen “no, Yuri and I have a working relationship, I will never force anything on him” her heart hurts a bit as the words roll off her lips “ but if crime is what you seek that I may be able to help you with that , I’m still looking for a pick up man” she gives him a sly wink.

Neiko hesitated, looking down at his ring-adorned fingers. He'd forgone nail polish this week, but instead placed almost princely looking gold bands and stones around them. And Lemon asked him about a world of real crime. "I...it's true that I find both you and Yuri interesting, but I think you asked the wrong sort of guy. I don't even know what a 'pick up man' is. Everyone says I'm a spoiled, over-grown baby. What makes you think I'd be any good for it?" Though if it got him into new spheres of people and relationships that didn't end in with only him alone on the street corner, maybe it would be worth it?

Lemon smiles and softly retakes her seat. He was playing right into her hand she knew this club would be a good outlet to slowly grow her syndicate. “Bronx would never expect you thats why” She crosses her legs then uncrosses them as she straightens her sweater. “I just need you to go around and collect payments for me.” She raises and eyebrow “Dont worry youll have family protection and get a nice cut or we can work another type of deal out” she leaned over digging in a drawer of her desk pulling out a red file with the boys full name on it then looks at him like she is just a school girl and not running a criminal organization.

Neiko held a hand up, stopping Lemon from going any further. "I think I'll have to say no, honey. I'd prefer not to do actual work if I can help it. If you need help charming someone's pants off, then I'm your man, but money collection? I don't think so." He waggled a finger, not the least bit intimidated by Lemon's show of power. Honestly, he'd dating people more terrifying than her and that turned out fine, didn't it?

Neiko froze, his eyes lighting up when he realized it. "Wait, I have a different idea of how to help. Bronx is supposed to marry you and that's half of why he's causing all these problems, right? And yes, I have figured that much out about the situation since he transferred into one of my classes. Do you...suppose he might be interested in guys? Or masculine-ish people anyway?" If so, he might be able to solve his own problems and keep the guy off of Lemon's back at the same time. A win-win.

Lemon rolled her eyes at the boy's remarks "not my style, but thanks."She scoops up her bag a small frown crossing her face "Look if you are still upset about your results you should talk to Yuri this afternoon, Until then I must head to class" She stands to straighten and walk toward the door "Oh, meeting starts around 3 he should be here by then" a tinge of worry is in her voice but she no longer makes eye contact. She is cold as she brushes by the odd boy.

"Yeah...okay," Neiko stated, before he deflated. Well, he supposed he was the weird one. He'd known it for almost his entire life, so why start getting dramatic over it now? After Lemon left, he walked out as well, certain he'd be late for his first class after chatting for so long. He wasn't sure if he would come back in the afternoon, but at least the offer reached the table. Later, he would make his decision. Or who knew. Maybe he would decide to help out in his own way without any supervision at all.

Yuri reached the school much earlier that morning, still rubbing his eyes with an exhausted air. Even though he'd gotten up early, he ended up most decidedly behind schedule. In fact, the only reason he stopped by the school at all was to post the results and hopefully keep the public eye off of him and Lemon for the day. He left soon after, his brother and sister in tow behind him. And right behind them, his mother’s words loomed even heavier.

‘Where have you been so late? Every day, coming home like this? You make me glad that you aren’t my son! The kind of influence you would give my kids. Maybe I’ll just…’

Ice blue eyes matched the sudden flit of a smile, leaving Yuri spinning away before he could hear whatever else that woman might have to say. His father would calm her in the night, after all the children had gone to bed, but Yuri knew his days were numbered here anyway. He just wanted to finish high school before he left and regardless of what his father’s wife said to him, he wanted to keep them all safe.

That was why he woke first and got his younger siblings ready for school and hurried them out the door before anyone else could take what might be his last opportunity away. Now that he stood outside their school, trying to usher them inside though, it really hit him what a different life he planned to live from them. There was no going back to being innocent.

“Brother,” Anna whined, pulling hard on one of his hands. “Brother Yuri, will this really be the last time you take us to school?” Endar, already ten, stood closer to the doors, watching with his arms cross. Yuri knew the other boy cared just as much about the conversation though by the way his eyes never left Yuri and Anna’s hands.

Yuri could only manage a lopsided smile, more of an apology than anything else. “I’m sorry, Anna, but isn’t it better to rely on your mom rather than someone like me? I’ll miss doing this though I’ll make sure you still get your homework done! Now, give me a hug.” He scooped the girl up before ruffling Endar’s hand and giving him a brief hug as well. “You kids stay strong and remember not to grow up like me.”

Before they could question the comment though, Yuri had already spun away and headed back to his own school. He figured he would end up late, but it was worth it to end things his own way before his step-mother could find something far more permanent. Talking to Lemon would just have to wait, although, he wondered what she thought of the results and the compatibility next to their names.

It had been a long day of people constantly questioning Lemon on their results. All the attention ment by the time Lemon opened the door to the club room she was exhausted and tiered. Lemon fell into her chair where she pulled out an apple and started munching on it. Her eyes darted around she had been so busy that she hadn’t thought about the paper she found this morning. After chewing and swallowing her bit of apple Lemon let a long sigh out and rested her forehead on the desk. “I hope Yuri hurries today”

Even as someone who enjoyed school, Yuri felt more than grateful when the day ended. His frustrated expression stopped many of the students from asking about their survey results, but he could hear them talking all day in excited and disappointed whispers. And even still, some people did approach him so that he found himself even more exhausted than his early morning warranted.

As he trudged his way to the club room, Yuri fully expecting Lemon to be there already considering he'd missed her that morning. What would she say? He really couldn't guess and honestly, he didn't even care to right now. Pushing open the door, he indeed saw her and went straight for his desk, plopping down. "Hello, Lemon. I'm sorry I didn't come by this morning. Today was just...exhausting," he sighed while rubbing his forehead.

[Lemon slowly rolls her head up and glances at Yuri “ you Missed some guy complaining this Morning,quite strange,he may show up again” she slowly sits up and stretched. “Also there is a party tomorrow night that you will need to attend, so you need to come by tonight so you can get fitted” As Lemon’s eyes peared harder at Yuri she noticed some of his tentative gestures. “What is it Yuri? “ she takes a bite of apple and a sip of water. Lemon knew it might have something to do with the paper she found earlier but she wasn't going to be the first to bring it up.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus