Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Yuri Satomura (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

Yuri's heart did a skitter as Lemon rushed over to him, grabbing his hand. Whether from his nerves or her warmth, or the fact that she grabbed his hand, he wasn't sure. He wasn't used to any of it, but he squeezed her hand back anyway, just glad for her presence. "Of course I came," he murmured back. "It seemed vaguely required." Using his free hand to fix his glasses for the hundredth time that day, he glanced around the large house that Lemon had led him into. "But uh, you look nice too. I feel like I'm supposed to say that, even if it makes this seem even more like one of those silly rom-com movies. Next to all this, nothing remotely interesting happened at school."
Lemonmay (played by Clumsylemon)

Lemon scoops up a small towel and hands it to Yuri “here for your hands and this is Bob he will help you if you need anything.” She wipes her hands then gives Bob the towel back “we have a bit of time before the rest arrive for dinner we should go up to my quarters” she leans in closely “ only ones without Bruces” she lets out a small giggle “also I made flash cards of the uncles attending dinner for you” she pulls Yuri to the far back of the house where there is a small wooden stairway. “The maids stairs, see my area is the old maid quarters in the crows nest , daddy hates it so he normally won’t bug me” they climb up the never ending staircase to a small platform where she pushes open the small intricately carved door. The space was massive she a Pain easels and other art supplies it pain easels and other art supplies in one corner. Whit a massive desk that had a large computer and printer. Her the white sheets and furs on her bed were unmade like she had just woken up. There was a huge cowhide on the floor and several decorated sculptures around the room. “This is my secret hideaway, if you look out the window you can see the whole estate, I have drinks in the mini fridge and snacks somewhere” she turns to see Yuri standing there her heart skips a beat and she feels her face turn red. “Everything ok?”

Yuri followed Lemon, feeling like a man on marionette strings. He couldn’t wrap his head around this insane home that Lemon looked so comfortable in, not even noticing that it was far out of the norm. But then, he supposed that made sense. It was her home and his own norm was the one currently out of sorts. When they entered her room, he still hadn’t found a single thing to say. So, he just kind of looked at Lemon, hoping to not look as lost as he felt.

“Sorry…what?” He realized a second later what she’d asked him and he dropped his gaze to the floor, shoving his glasses into place yet again. “Everything is alright. It’s just…” His mind wandered back over everything she’d said, coming upon the same bit of information that had given him pause before. “I was somewhat under the impression that this was just your father inviting me to dinner. This is starting to sound like a rather large affair though. And I…well, I’m not sure this is a good idea.”

She goes to her small desk pulls out a stack of note cards. She sorts out what seems to be 8 cards. “ it just the inner circle so like 12 of us is a normal circle” she hands the cards to Yuri “ you can’t be the new heads best friend and always act so scared of your shadow” she falls on to a small fur covered couch and pats the seat next to her. “Eventually I will have to make my own circle when I do would you sit on it” she looks deep into his eyes before sighing “ she knew Yuri he had this troubled side she couldn’t understand. “ tell me something about your home before my dad makes me do a background on you”

She goes to her small desk pulls out a stack of note cards. She sorts out what seems to be 8 cards. “ it just the inner circle so like 12 of us is a normal circle” she hands the cards to Yuri “ you can’t be the new heads best friend and always act so scared of your shadow” she falls on to a small fur covered couch and pats the seat next to her. “Eventually I will have to make my own circle when I do would you sit on it” she looks deep into his eyes before sighing “ she knew Yuri he had this troubled side she couldn’t understand. “ tell me something about your home before my dad ask and I can’t answer”

Yuri sighed, but after another second, he dropped onto the couch next to Lemon. Because he didn't think he could look at her, he riffled through the cards, not really processing any of the information. "New head? I thought you disliked people judging you because of what your father does, but it sounds like you want to be the same. And me getting involved. I didn't expect any of this." He sighed again and set the cards down so he could face Lemon. "Why are you so determined to know about my life as well? Do you really think that will come up as dinner conversation? These people-" he waved his hands at the cards. "Don't seem like the sort of people to ask."

Lemon sighs blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face. “I hate being judged for my father but let’s be honest. I’m his only child was there much of a choice. Well there is my cousin but he would turn the family in a bad direction if he was head.” She looks a Yuri and touches his hand “they won’t ask but they probably already know more about you then you do and well ...” she ponders how to say her next sentence “I could look into you but I’d rather you tell me” Lemon could barely breathe everything felt fuzzy as she admits something she had kept a long time from Yuri “ at first your club seemed like a good front for me but I’ve come to like you. You think these through and you are decisive. Also you don’t let emotions cloud your judgment on business matters. Plus you are good deep down and I need someone like that in my life. Look at my world” she holds out her arms to emphasize the point.

"This is still entirely too much," Yuri said with a shake of his head. A part of him crowed that Lemon paid him such compliments, but he wasn't even sure if the things she said were compliments. In his mind at least. Decisive and thoughtful, sure. But the idea that he could be useful in a mob world? How should he take that? "Ehem...anyway. My life details will probably sound pitiful. They don't match a guy like me. All I've ever wanted to do is make things easier for my family and for my younger siblings to look up to me though. Never seems like it's enough for my mom, but..." He wondered why he was saying so much to Lemon in the first place. It wasn't important and it was hardly something anyone could change. "Wait, you thought my club would make a good front?"

Lemon still hold his hand tightly like if she let go Yuri just might disappear forever. “ well yea people I love always teams to let there guard down and share intimate details they otherwise wouldn’t” a cold distant expression crossed Lemons face she only got this expression when she was talking business it like she became a different person. However this time she felt the warmth of Yuri’s hand to keep her from going full mobster.”well if you want to improve their life let me help”

Yuri shook his head. "I don't think they want help. They certainly don't want mine." It was stupid since he loved his family so much, but he would always be an outsider. He would always be the other woman's son despite the fact that she had been his father's first, not the woman he currently called 'mom'. Yuri shook his head again, not saying any of that out loud. "I guess...maybe it is best that I become part of your world instead. At least you appreciate my dedication," he added with a dry little laugh.

Lemon squeals in delight throwing herself around Yuri. “I’m so very very happy” as she finds herself touching him her checks start to burn she pulls herself away. “For give me” she quickly stands up and takes a step back to recollect herself “I’ll be right back” she darts into her bathroom Closing the door behind her. She starts to pace in small circles in her bathroom. She can’t figure out why she just acted so strange it’s just Yuri. She slaps her face a bit and finally reemerges into the bedroom. “ are you sure because by Monday the whole school ...no all the main families will know my status is official, life will change, because once we go down those stairs and you meet the uncles you can’t undo it, it’s for life” she stands her back pressed into the bathroom door. It’s the first time she has ever been venerable with anyone but her father. She just felt this connection to Yuri like he understood her pain of never being excepted and always being blamed for just being.

Yuri jumped when Lemon threw her arms around him, but she was gone just as quick. It left him puzzled and a second later, embarrassed. If she hadn't made such a big show of it, he might have brushed the gesture off, but now he kept puzzling over it and over Lemon herself. "No, I'm not sure," he said when she emerged again. He met Lemon's eyes straight on, just a hint of his determination shining through. "I'm not sure of anything right now, but I don't think I will regret this. Just...can you promise me that you'll try to keep my family safe? They don't deserve to get involved in this. I still want to be able to see them, you understand, without them knowing who I'm associated with." It was a tall order and he knew it. But still.

Lemon’s eyes began to twinkle as a smile crossed her face. Her stomach flips as she locks eyes with him. Then she walks towards her desk writing a number down “break your toilet or something then call this plumbers number to fix it and make sure it’s a day everyone is gone” Lemon hands Yuri the paper. A loud knock interrupts their conversation Lemon cracks the door “yes bob” the old man raises and eyebrow and the proceeds to say“ mam your requested in the dinning hall is wanted in 15 minutes” lemon nods and shuts the door . “ two minutes Yuri” she runs into her closet where he can’t see her she whips off her jeans and shirt to throw on a simple black wrap dress and tall black pumps “ okay now you stand up” she pulls Yuri up to his feet and brushes him off “perfect, do you remember those silly edict course the school made us take in middle school, like stay on my left, start with the utensils on the outside work your way in, and most importantly don’t speak unless spoken to, keep answers simple” she pays him down one more time and smiles at him “here we go the new mob” she giggles at her own joke.

Yuri squinted at the number Lemon handed him, not sure if he understood, but then things were moving too fast again and he pocketed the note, saving all those questions for later. Now, he needed to steel his nerves. "About those etiquette classes," he murmured as they stepped out of the bedroom. "I didn't take them. My manners are self-taught and you mentioning that is making me nervous." He glanced at her again, eyes trailing over the black dress, catching a little before he managed to tear them away again. "And you make me look underdressed." Despite the fact that he'd picked his sharpest-looking outfit for this dinner.

“Just remember outside in and pull my chair out” they walk down the back stairs past the main entrance to a large dinning room with a long ornately set table. Lemon slips her arm threw Yuri’s as they walk in. There are several large gruff men sitting and one really sweaty piggy looking one at the table who stand as Lemon enters. The only person not to stand immediately was the man at the head of the table. After a moment the man rose he was squat with a large belly but his suit fit perfectly. On his hands had decal rings and his hair was full are dark no signs of gray. “gentleman my daughter has graced us tonight with A guest and soon to be her bagman Yuri” all the men clap but there is a small disapproval noise from a young man their age sitting on the left of Lemon’s father. The night progressed slowly the uncles recalling the good day or taking turns asking Yuri questions. Lemon’s father didn’t say anything to Yuri but he did smile several time at his answers and this made Lemon happy bc she knew that was his approval. Also throughout the night lemon felt Yuri’s hand brush her or she would give his a squeeze when he was answering questions.

Yuri did his best to follow Lemon's advice as they entered the dining room. At first, it was awkward and he needed to reach for Lemon's hand in reassurance, but as the conversation garnered momentum, he found himself relaxing. His honest self seemed to impress these dangerous people more than any contrived mask he could attempt. Maybe he really did belong in this world. He thought he might regret it, might still yet, but now he felt almost excited. By the time the evening ended and they were finally dismissed, Yuri had managed to make quite an impression. For better or for worse, anyway. The question was, how much would this change his life?

Finally maybe 3 or 4 hours latter Lemon’s father finally excused himself. Lemon and Yuri were left to say goodnight to the uncles and it is just them. Lemon let’s out a long sigh then cautiously Smiles up at Yuri locking eyes when a clapping pulls her out of her trance. “Well well little lemon looks like you got yourself a good little lap dog” Lemon’s fist tightens. The man was a giant and with he had the same golden hair as lemon that was slicked back into a tight ponytail. “Bronx” the man takes a step closer “think about the offer I made, I’ll see you Monday at school” as he walks past he hits shoulders with Yuri to show dominance. Lemon turns on her heel just as quick stomping back towards her room. “Come now Yuri”

Yuri grimaced when the other man bumped him on the way out, but a part of him couldn't help but tense up, ready to match the other's challenge. He was no lap dog and he refused to let anyone think that. The moment passed though and Lemon's own abrupt exit spurs him into motion. "Wait. Who was that? And honestly, I'm feeling quite ready to go home," he added with a barely suppressed sigh. "Could you could get your driver to take me home and we can discuss this in the car?" He would feel better getting out of this house because the spell of dinner shattered and it left him more exhausted than he'd ever felt in his life. Maybe he belonged here, but gods did he need to lay down and process that all.

Lemon stops at the door, she quickly whipped her face. And turns to face Yuri “ that is my cousin kinda. He is think as male he deserves my position. He is threatening war” her hands clench again and her face Burned. “He starts school with us Monday.” She kicks off her shoes and lets her hair out of her pony so it falls down her back “this will be tricky we need to gain power at school, your first job will be to gather intel on all students that would be useful to us. Start brain storming and call the plumber for your family. Goodnight Yuri.” Lemons voice lost her bravado As she spoke.

The next morning lemon finds herself alone and cold in her bed she looks at her phone starting to text Yuri then deleting the starting a text again. All night all she could think about was Yuri holding her hand and how he looked at her . But after Bronx lemon didn’t wait to here any questions Yuri had she just left him standing there. Lemon felt awful but she didn’t want Yuri to see her cry. Also how was she supposed to explain that Bronx wasn’t just her rival but the man the family would like to see her marry one day. She buried her face back in her pillow and moaned loudly before she heard the ding of a message on her phone

"Your cousin?" Yuri furrowed his brow. "Lemon I..." But as he trailed off, the girl spun away, leaving him unable to finish a sentence he didn't even know how to start. So many thoughts spun in his head, churned up emotions in his heart. Never mind the questions. He didn't have a way to let any of them out. Finally, he turned and left the strange house, realizing that Lemon wasn't going to come back.

All night he thought about it, wondering both what bothered Lemon so much that she left, and what the full story was with Bronx. Threatening war said so little and Yuri put himself in the middle of it. Not the wisest decision, but it was too late to go back now. Yeah, definitely too late. He almost spiraled even further into his thoughts, but the lilting piano of his alarm stopped him. Damn, he hadn't even fallen asleep. Still, Yuri dragged himself to school, sending a quick text to Lemon on his way.

'Meet me at the club room before school. Want to talk.'

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus