Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Yuri Satomura (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

Yuri couldn't say he'd ever experienced a weirder day, but it left him alive in a way that he rarely felt. So much to puzzle out, so much yet to learn about the people around him. Even going home didn't feel so bad. So much to think about indeed. Even when the next day started and all throughout his classes, he found himself lost in thought. He even missed the increased whispers pointed his direction and how they also threw out Lemon's name. It didn't really matter if people associated him with Lemon and Lemon with her father. He was just trying to puzzle it out.

After school, he headed for the club like he usually did, pausing outside the door when he heard voices inside. He supposed Lemon had a habit of beating him there, but when he opened the door, he saw another stranger inside. "Hello?" he greeted as he walked inside. He glanced over at Lemon. "I don't suppose this is your disappearing girl from yesterday?"
Lemonmay (played by Clumsylemon)

Lemon glances at Yuri her cheeks turn a light rose color. Lemon stares for a moment at Yuri before she quickly darts her eyes away from him and towards the new fiery red head. “No, she isn’t a robot, this one is on fire” Lemon always refers to people in an odd ways but for some reason her references sum up a person just right. She lets out a long sigh. “ also that odd boy is running up and down the halls looking for his love or some crap, you should probably take care of that one too” Lemon was all business no normal cheer, she brushes pass Yuri as she makes her way toward a desk with sheets all spread out on it.
Merida huffed, watching as the two people insult her. "Hey, sunshine," She mocked, referring to the girl's yellow hair and outfit. "I don't appreciate your comments. You should be grateful that I stopped in here." The girl's scottish accent sounded very heavy at the moment, due to her being upset, so it must've been hard to understand her a bit. But to her, she sounded perfectly fine. She glanced at the boy next to sunshine and scanned him from head to toe, her bad habit. A 7/10, she'd say. Her face showed anger, but her mind was just confused.

"So what exactly is this place, before I blow my brains out? A church?" She sneered.

Lemons eyes brighten and her voice pours like honey “awe you think I’m sunshine” she taps her pen a few times glancing at Yuri “he is the president and I do all the other junk that needs to be done” Lemon glances at him quickly then back at the Irish firehouse redhead. “You look like ...” she trails off a bit lost in thought. She goes to scribbling things as she lets Yuri explain the club
"I was making fun of you, dumbass," Marida snapped, then glanced up at the boy who was apparently going to tell her about the club. She wasn't a club person, but she had nothing else to do. Maybe she'd steal one of the boy's hearts, you never know. She then heard the brief sentence come out of Sunshine's mouth and rose an eyebrow as she drifted off, going back to her papers. Merida put her hand on the papers to get her attention. "I look like who, hm?" Merida asked, her green eyes staring into hers.

Lemons eyes became ice and her face soured quickly when she saw the girl’s hand. Lemon slowly scoots her chair back and stand “ just a girl I met a few years back at one of my fathers homes during a vacation, she was so mean and stole the guy I liked.” There was lightening flashing in Lemons eyes now. “ I don’t trust Irish redheads like you” she takes a step back and smiles sweetly “I hope that answered your questions “

Yuri opened his mouth to respond to...well, either of the two girls. He appeared to have entered the room at the wrong moment though. Lemon lacked her usual cheer and the brief words he was going to utter got submerged in the quickly escalating conversation. "I'm so sorry if either of you are upset for any reason right now, but can we all just take a breath and sit down. I will try to sort this out," he finally cut in. Stepping all the way into the room, he moved to his usual desk and set down his bag. Seriously, what a way to start a club meeting.

Giving Lemon a look, he mouthed, 'play nice,' before turning his attention to the new girl. "My name is Yuri, and like Lemon said, I am the president of Rose Affiliation. We are a club dedicated to all matters of the heart, whether that be dating advice or finding your perfect person. Or anything in between, really. If there's anything we can help you with, we'd both be more than happy to help. Though, I'm afraid we haven't had much practice or experience..."

Lemon looks at Yuri and he pleading face. She slowly backs down from the fiery redhead. And mouths towards Yuri she was sorry. However, she still does not trust her. The more Yuri speaks the more Lemon wants to tell him to shut up the first rule of business don’t tell your weaknesses. Upon the commotion One of the Bruce’s enters and looks at the group Lemon singles and he leave but not without staring down Yuri.

When when of the suit guys came in, Yuri furrowed his brow, giving Lemon a sharp look. But perhaps now wasn't the best time to talk. People already whispered about yesterday. Best not to give them more fodder.

"Alright," he managed with a clearing of his throat. "We all seem to be much calmer now. Did you get the surveys printed, Lemon? I'd love to get those passed out to all the students as soon as possible. There is also the spring dance to talk about. That is, if our new friend is interested in the club still?"

Lemon glances at the Brces and back at Yuri’s face. She knew they had to talk but she was worried. But she knew her place and plastered a fake smile on “yes here they are on pink paper, just like we discussed.” She hands Yuri the sample “ have a few blue prints mocked up on my computer of dance ideas and theme as well. She walks over to a desk and starts to pull up the blueprints on her computer. “ put before that why don’t we let forehead here review them I need to talk to you in the closet before anything else happens.”

Yuri took the papers, already scanning over them before Lemon's words settled in. "Forehead?" he asked, wrinkling his brow with equal distaste and confusion. Did she mean the other girl? Which reminded him that they hadn't properly finished their introductions yet. Had the redhead given her name? "Um? The closet? But I really wanted to look at these blueprints..." he started. Giving all the people in the room another look, he thought better of it though. Standing, he gestured towards the closet, despite the fact that it was hardly the most secure location for a conversation. Lemon suggested it though. "But I suppose if it's just for a minute."

Lemon yanks Yuri in the small closet and shuts the door. She fiddles her thumbs and looks down “about yesterday I’m sorry” her eyes start to sparkle with what looks like the start to tears “the rumors, and dragging you into it” she stares at him “ I love this club but I understand if you want me to go but if you want to ask anything I explain it all I owe you that much.”

Yuri opened his mouth once, closed it, before finally managing words. "What are you babbling about? Go? Why would I want that? You're my executive assistant, aren't you? You're the one who wanted that position!" he huffed. It didn't matter if others heard their voices from outside. He couldn't let Lemon say nonsense like this. Gripping her shoulders, he gave her a gentle little shake. "You have nothing to apologize for. I enjoyed yesterday. Even if I got home late and my little siblings whined at me for two hours while their mom tutted. Lemon, you've made my club come alive. That's worth more than any rumor."

Lemon looked up at Yuri in the eyes and streams of tears ran down her face. This was the first time since before lemons mom had died that she has cried happy tears. She couldn’t believe Yuri touched her either. “ but there’s one more small thing” she pincher finger together “actually two small things” she sighs and as she wipes her face, Lemon feels Yuri’s hands fall away and the closet close in on them, just how small the closet was hit her. “ you may change your mind again” with another breath “the Bruces told my dad about you and you have to come to dinner this weekend, and there may be a Bruce assigned to your family, I’m sorry” it all came out to fast like a rush of water when a dam breaks.

Yuri pursed his lips but tried to keep any other sign of frustration off his face. Lemon didn't do anything wrong. He refused to let her apologize to him again. "Okay," he managed after dragging in a long breath. He dropped back against the wall, tipping his head to the ceiling. It looked nondescript, so plain that he could be in any closet in the world. So funny that even in one of the nicest schools in the area, a closet still looked like a closet. "Let's take this one thing at a time. Dinner. I can do dinner. Might pee my pants if I have to meet your father, but I can do dinner. The rest of what you just said will need to be addressed at another date." He was aware that maybe he stepped outside of his bounds, challenging not only the daughter of a mob boss, but perhaps the boss as well, but he would also protect his own family. He owed them that.

Lemon sighs but there is still a half cocked smile on her face. “ what bravado you have turning down my father’s security” she lets out a small giggle. “I think he might just like you” she gives him a little nudge “but you should at least take this” she takes off the small black watch on her wrist “it has a button and the Bruce’s will come in 2 minutes anywhere, it will make me feel better” she flutters her best doe eyes at him. “Also we should probably leave the closet before the Bruce’s think we are doing things in here” she giggles again at her own statement

"Like what kind of things?" Yuri asked with pursed lips. Clearly Lemon thought two friends hiding in a closet together was funny though. "Nevermind. I don't think it matters and this room is too cramped anyway. Let's go." He gave the bracelet a long look before tucking it into his pocket. He couldn't refuse such a thing even if his pride wanted to swell a little more. Lemon had complimented him, called him bold. Though he meant nothing except to stand on his own two feet as he'd always strived to.

Pushing open the door, he glanced around the room, finding only 'Bruce' by the wall. "Did the other girl leave?"

Lemon Looks around "We suck at keeping people around" with a deep breath Lemon looks at Yuri with a halfhearted grin. Lemon scoops up all the papers "I'm going to plaster these around campus and start getting submissions from students." she starts to walk out when she turns. "Oh, and yuri I won't be here tomorrow because the families are meeting. So, Friday after school Bruce will get you and bring you to my home. Daddy will be so happy" Lemon grabs Yuri’s shoulder and squeezes it before leveling.

Lemon didn't attend school the next day or friday. She in turn attended a meeting with some of the top families in the world where she was finally named successor to her father's company. Many families thought it should not be a girl and instead should be her cousin. However, Lemon pushed all this out of her head she was so nervous about having Yuri come to her home. The floor of her bedroom was covered in clothing. She finally settled on a some distress rolled boyfriend cut jeans,a plain white t shirts and an old Strand of her mother’s pearls. Her golden hair was pulled back into a severe looking ponytail. Lemon looked at herself for a long time before she finally went downstairs to the library to see her father. “Hello daddy” He just nodded “dinner will be at 8 oclock I expect this boy has manners.” Lemon shakes her head, and with that she was dismissed. She paces by the front door waiting for Yuri to come.

"That's because you were rude," Yuri muttered under his breath, but he decided to leave Lemon's comments alone. They'd had enough arguing and drama for one day after all, even if their meeting lasted mere minutes this time. "Alright. Good luck with the posters and I'll see you then. Since I don't seem to have much choice..." Sighing, he gathered his things and headed out as well. No point in sticking around. The only person that was likely to show up at his point was the guy who may or may have not been hitting on him. If it was up to Yuri, he'd prefer not to cross paths.

The next two days felt far too quiet without Lemon, though the looks and whispers continued even worse than the day before. Yuri shrugged them off though, not one to be bothered by such things. He couldn't even understand why Lemon felt so worried for him. Whispers were just whispers, right? Hardly as dangerous as dinner with a mob boss.

By the time Friday evening did roll around, he hadn't steeled his nerves at all. It left him wearing his nicest jeans and an ironed dark blue shirt, bracelets and a corded necklace as accents. His father teased he wanted to impress a girl and Yuri just let him think that. It was far simpler than the truth. Nevermind that a sleek black car came to pick him up and the grimness in Yuri's express that he managed to smooth by the time they arrived. After all, he had to be on his best manners, right?

Finally Lemon sees the black town car pull into the gates she brushes her hands on her jeans and stands up. “Finally” Lemon walks toward the large main oak doors as an old man opens for her, she softly smiles and whispers “I look good bob?” The old man nodding her direction before looking straight forward. Lemon steps oy on the large porch waving rapidly as the car pulls to a stop. As Lemon sees Yuri exit the car she runs up to him quickly gabing his hand “Oh Yuri, I'm so happy you came.” she does a quick once over of the boy “You look so nice” her smile widens “You also have to feel me in on anything that happened while I was out” she starts pulling Yuri toward the large home, where the old man stands holding the door open for them with one hand in the other small warm towels.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus