Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Lemonmay (played by Clumsylemon)

With another grown Lemon rolled out of her bed. She glanced her self in the mirror her hair looking like a blonde birds nest. She pulled on some Black tights and her plaid print School’s skirt. She made her way to her laundry basket trying to find a shirt that wasn’t too dirty. “ stupid laundry” she grumbled. finally finding sweater with the stupid school logo. she put it on and quickly tied her hair back in a bun. She looked at herself again in the mirror and telling herself “it was gonna have to be good enough she just had no more effort to put into her look.”

She scooped up note books throwing them in a bag and sliding on a pair of black hunter rain boots she found herself flying down the stairs where bob stood with coffee in a to go cup like he read her mind. As she opened the door she saw the massive black rain clouds.

Finally lemon arrived at school sliding into the club room breathlessly and wet she managed to chock out “ I... I’m.... I’m here Yuri.” She let her bag drop to the ground and she fell into a seat. Eyes locked on Yuri’s tense posture.
Yuri Satomura (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

Yuri startled at Lemon's sudden entrance, his eyes taking in her even more startling appearance. "Ah...oh, yes. Good morning, Lemon. You..." His gaze softened after another second. Just because he stressed all night didn't mean he needed to act cold to someone his life was so entangled with now. Opening up his messenger bag, he pulled out an extra jacket and offered it to Lemon. "Here. You should dry off before anything. Geez, you look like a mess. Though, I guess I look about the same," he added, running a hand down his face and his tired eyes. Weren't they such a pair? Yuri didn't even notice when it started raining. It made him wish that he could stay in all day, ignoring the rest of the world.

Lemon pulled off her sweater and took the jacket from Yuri and murmurs threw a yawn “thanks” she opens her bag pulling out a pad of paper. “ so what did you want to talk about. And have you started compiling the dossier on students?” She yawns again.

Yuri stood there for another second before he sat the edge of one of the desks, not really planning to get comfortable, but not willing to stand any longer either. He was too tired for that. "I haven't started, no. I'll work on that dossier after school. No...I wanted to say..." Well, he wanted to ask Lemon all sorts of questions, but looking at her appearance, he knew he needed to find a better time. "I mean, I just wanted to say I'm on your side and I probably always will be. After all, I made a club dedicated to love." Handing over the box that had been waiting by the door, he gestured inside. "Here are the survey results. We should start matching and making results."

Lemon pulls out her computer and scans in the forms so the computer can run her algorithm. “ you don’t have to his things from me just ask your question” Lemon didn’t look at Yuri she kept scanning. A loud knock causing her to whip her head toward the door. One of the Bruce’s carries in a muffin basket followed by the other Bruce with a lovely flower Arrangement. Lemon stands up and flips open the cards “gardening club and the photography club,” lemon sets down the cards picking up a lemon muffin and starts to scan more papers. “Well Yuri ask”

Shaking his head, Yuri could only stare at Lemon for a second. "No, I do have to do and say all these nice things. I mean them. And I want...some normalcy at the start of my morning." For whatever that was worth. His life wouldn't be normal after this. He watched the computer run the data, the loading bar filling up in the corner. "Besides, what makes you so certain that I will ask. If you wanted to tell me the whole story, you would have done that already. I felt a bit hurt when you left like that last night though. Well, I'm sure you had your reasons."

“LOOK. about the other night, I’m .. I let my emotions get the best of me, Sit please” With a long sigh Lemon rubs her face and locks eyes with Yuri . “I will tell you the story, well it's not even my story, see it dates back to my Grandmother. During the 70s My grandmother was a rebel and pour, so she joined the sukeban movement eventually becoming the girlboss of the now infamous Kanto Women Delinquent Alliance. As her group grew in numbers she evenly caught the eye of my Grandfather and his men when she stole some less then legal items from him. While all this was going on my grandfather was engaged to Brox’s grandmother. So eventually my Grandfather ended his engagement and instead married my grandmother merging the two groups and allowing women to have power within the ranks. Well Bronx’s Grandmother ended up marrying my grandfather's second. So that's like your position. Bronx sits in his families spot on the council because he is the only living male of his line. However, Bronx’s grandfather and several other uncles of the time never liked the idea of women having any power in the gang and that way of thinking was passed down to our generation.” Lemon stretches out a hand holding it open toward Yuri. “So to help calm tensions our fathers agreed a long time ago that Bronx and I should marry after I graduate school, It was fine with me for years he cute and nice, But then I learned just how ruthless he was in business dealings. There is code we live by but if I ever married him and he gained power it would be like super villain level bad. So I ended the arrangement right before the start of last school year. When many powerful families like the one at this school found out I was no longer in an arrangement with Bronx, They assumed that my father would never let me be head and that's why the kids at school were so mean and alienated me. Now that I have been recognized as the head we get muffin baskets from clubs.” Lemon tries to grab Yuri’s hand she was so shaky she never shares her family story but it was Yuri and he was owed the truth. She needs him to calm her. “Being the first female head and not part of a couple many families are scared of change. Bronx will use that to gain power and take my position or untill I agree to marry him again.” Lemon lets out a small laugh “ See the Rose affiliation was the perfect place for me because my existence was because two people fell in love and now i am facing a gang war because I don't love who my father picked for me.” she forces another laugh.

Yuri listened carefully all-throughout Lemon's story. It wouldn't do to interrupt, even if this sounded like something out of a movie rather than real life. Then again, everything he deemed impossible had been happening to him over the last few weeks. Ever since he met Lemon. "I..." he started, then paused to clear his throat. "I think I understand you a little better now. You really are a strong woman, Lemon. Someone like you deserves to be the family head." His eyes flashed fiercely for a second before he smiled, shaking his head. He sounded absurd, using such words as a compliment. Still, he reached for Lemon's hand, squeezing it.

"I may not understand everything about your life, but I understand how you feel about the Rose Affiliation. Neither of us would be here if people fell in love with the people they were supposed to. Fell in love and stayed in love..." It was a rare insight into his own family, although he didn't elaborate much. Fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters--they should all love each other. But that didn't always happen.

Lemon squeezed Yuri’s hand and softly smiled at him “thank you for understanding, thank you for standing by me” a clapping from the doorway caused lemon to whip her head around “isn’t that sweet the my little lemon and the outcast sharing stories” Bronx leaned in the doorway “well this is your little club room how cute but not to the standards of a mob boss” he walks in grabbing a muffin from the basket “Lemon would you mind walking with me to class” lemon drops Yuri’s hand standing and brushing her skirt walking over toward Bronx“I am busy, now leave” her eyes look a blazed “ oh come on now Lemon calm down the Russian mutt will be fine on his own” Bronx locks eyes with Yuri over Lemon’s head “yes, I already know all the rumors, especially the one of you and Lemon” he places a hand on Lemon’s lower back “she not ment for your kind” Lemon grabs Bronx’s and moves it off her back “Bronx that is enough,” he grows his hands up “fine my little golden doodle, I’ll play nice for now” he leans in close to lemon and kisses the top of her head before turning and walking out. Lemon’s fist clinch and unclinch her face is set in a deep frown. “Asshole” she looks at Yuri her eyes wide not knowing what to say.

The second Bronx walked into the room, Yuri's entire face steeled over. The guy was their age, but he gave the impression of someone with so much more power and Yuri hated that. No, he hated everything about Bronx. It wasn't even Lemon's story. His own impression made him want to knock the guy down three pegs. So, he met the other boy's gaze and asked one simple question. "...And what makes you think she's meant for your kind either?"

The question didn't seem to give Bronx much pause. Seconds later, he stalked out of the room like the same wrecking ball that had wandered in. Yuri relaxed a fraction, but some of that tension still ran in his veins, leaving him taking hold of Lemon's hand a little too hard. "Don't mind him. That guy is an asshole through and through. Let's go to class. If anyone should walk with you, it's me!"

Lemon nodded in agreement. She brushed some loose hair behind her ear. She leans in to Yuri “I knew I choose right” Lemon walks over closing her computer and sticking it in her bag. “ we may be running a criminal organization but for some reason we still have to learn algebra.” She looks over atYuri, her stomach started to flip again.

As they walked toward class. People dashed away from them, pointed or had hushed conversations. Lemon just smiled but all she wanted was to reach out and hold Yuri’s hand like she had at dinner it had been so comforting. Lemon stops at the door to her class “ thanks Yuri, I’ll meet you in the room after school so we can prep all the results and get them ready to be delivered tomorrow”

Yuri kind of wanted to laugh at her statement, but he chose against it. Life went on, exactly as Lemon said. The stares of their fellow students said that as much as anything. "Yes, I look forward to it," he murmured when they came to a stop outside of Lemon's classroom. Funny that it felt like they shouldn't part ways though. Had they really become that close? Closer than he'd ever been to another human being? He cleared his throat. "Er. See you later." Shoving his glasses awkwardly up his nose, he spun, hurrying down the hall toward his own first-period class. It seemed they still had a long way to go, however.

Lemon smiled softly as she watched Yuri walk away he was always so awkward but it was so enduring to her. The morning dragged on as Lemon’s mind could hardly focus on her classes. She found herself drifting into daydreams wondering what Yuri was doing, it was odd they had always gone to school together but yet until recently their lives never crossed. As her class was dismissed for lunch Lemon found herself in the stairwell staring out a window to the courtyard. “Why so sad Lemon?” Lemons felt his hand on her waist as he spun her around and pinned her back to the window. He leaned in his breath was hot on her ear. “Didn't your dad teach you to not go anywhere alone” Lemon felt her hand clinch. “ Bronx” A gaggle of girls rounded the corner as they saw the two they let out a gasp. Bronx took a step back “Bye lemon, tell your guard dog I say hi.” the girls stared at her and started to whisper “what a slut” then one responded “I thought she was with the black haired boy, poor guy” before she knew it Lemon found herself flying down the stairs. “Say it again” the girl fell backwards and grabbed her arm and started yelling that Lemon hit her. A teacher ran out and dragged lemon to the headmasters office. She sat there getting berated by the headmaster as the students spread rumors around school each one worse than the one before. Eventually, she convinced the headmaster it was all a misunderstanding and a nice donation to the student scholarship fund helped too. Lemon was 15 minutes late when she finally pushed the door open to the club room. “Hey Yurri” she looked at Yuri, he looked a bit off. SHe set her bag down and walked over to him, placing her hand on his arm and leaning her head on his shoulder “is something wrong with the results, with a day like today I wouldn't be surprised, or are you upset I'm late, sorry I was in the headmasters office all afternoon” she glanced up at Yuri’s face and smiled softly. Just touching Yuri made all the bad parts of the day melt away, Lemon knew she probably should have asked to touch him but she needed his she needed his calming vibe. She had always been alone so how did she quickly get so attached to such and trust a person she still knew so little about.

The end of the school day couldn't come fast enough. Yuri really thought he would be able to handle it--he'd been the subject of rumors for years already--but it still managed to get under his skin. If people only scurried away in fear, then he would take that gladly. He didn't have friends, people whose contact he would miss, but the constant mention of Lemon's name next to his grabbed his attention more than anything. Why? Why did he listen twice as hard when someone mentioned her name? He really was a dog at her beck and call. However, that all changed when he heard a particular group of girls whispering in the hall.

'That mob girl? I can't believe she's cheating on her glasses boyfriend now! What a slut!'

Yuri stormed into the club room five minutes early, too frustrated to bother with closing the door all the way. Who gave anyone the right to talk like that? He certainly doubted that Lemon did, so when she walked into the room like she didn't know what bothered him only irritated him more.

"Get off, Lemon. Why are you even clinging to me now? This is a serious issue!" He gave her a stern look before grabbing hold of the girl's shoulders, making sure she wouldn't dodge the question he deemed most important after all he'd heard. "Did you know that people think we're dating?!"

Lemon sucked in a deep breath at Yuri rejecting her touching him. He seemed fine before when she touched him. She thought maybe he wasn’t over the night before until her uttered the words about them dating. He was like ice causing her eyes to become puffy and red. “ why does it matter” she looked deep into his eyes but it was like a door had been slammed and she could see nothing. She wiggles out of his hands, her blood starts to boil and that sadness of Yuri’s rejection starts to turn into a raging anger “you promised you were different, one rumor and your are gone.”

She quickly turns her back towards Yuri as a stream of tears runs down her face. Lemon couldn’t decide what made her feel worse the rumors she was a slut or the fact that Yuri was so repulsed by the idea of school assuming thEy we’re together. She knew the real really for their closeness and so did he so why did it matter. She quickly whipped her face.

Yuri stepped back and crossed his arms. "That's because you-" But he didn't get the chance to finish before Lemon spun away. He could feel his heart clench at the tears he guessed she hid, but he was stubborn. He didn't want to back down even if it felt painful to him as well. He turned, stalking around the room since he couldn't stand still. When he spoke again though, his voice softened despite his intentions.

"We aren't dating. It's not right to let people think we are. That kind of thing matters and..." He swallowed back a thick breath, knowing his emotions were showing through way more than they usually did. He wasn't an emotional person so why did Lemon always manage to pull him in knots? "It makes me nervous if a relationship is what you want. Or what I want." And he didn't know if he did. He didn't think he liked Lemon like that, at least not right now.

Lemon breaths in and out a few times. She didn't know what she wanted or what she even deserved to dream about. All she really wanted was to feel Yuri’s arms wrapped around her and him whisper it was okay. Lemon didn't know why she needs him to touch her so badly But with another deep breath She did know she could never say that because Yuri was easily scared and that would be asking too much of him emotionally. So, Lemon resolved herself to stop being selfish and become the Boss she was raised to be. Lemon slams a hand down on the desk and quickly wipes her face while she straightens her body into an appropriate posture. As Lemon turns to looks at Yuri her eyes have lost their normal warm and welcoming quality, now just looking icy and deadly. “I never wanted anything but a strong business partner,more then that becomes dangerous” she placed a hand on her hip tapping her fingers on her hip bone a mean scowl on her face “Bronx is just using these rumors, contact the journalism club and have them do a story, that will kill the rumors for now, and one last thing we decide what people think, because Yuri there is no free thinking, someone is always controlling the way a story is told and for people like us it better be us telling the story or we die” Lemon walks to her desk taking a seat and opening a computer and a fake smile crosses her face “now President I need to get the results sent out before tomorrow so people can make plans for the weekend with their matches”

Yuri tensed when Lemon slammed her hand, but nothing like anger followed the gesture. Like himself, she seemed to have closed all the shutters, becoming generic mafia boss instead of Lemon. He felt uneasy for having brought about that change, but at the same time, he felt grateful. This side of Lemon, he knew how to deal with. Straightening his back in response, he gave her a single terse nod. "I understand. If a strong business partner is what you want, I can be that for you. And mind you, I never doubted that Bronx started that rumor, or some other student too scared to attack you head on. Don't ever think that was the issue. Now..."

Turning back to his bag, he pulled out a notebook and pen. "A story will definitely improve the rumor situation. The question is, what sort of story should we tell? Do we counteract what Bronx spread with a more acceptable version, or do we slander someone else, draw everyone's eye away? High school students have a short attention span. As soon as they start gossiping about someone else, the old story gets forgotten."

Lemon typed and thought about what Yuri said for a few moments. “ I herd Brandy B got a libo to fit in her cheer outfit over summer. Also there is the story that Jimmy got drunk last weekend at that barn party and hooked up with Cindy’s boyfriend. That friendship is defently over and who knew the all state soccer golie was gay. But under no circumstances can we mention Bronx’s name at all.” Lemon didn’t lift her head or stopped typing while she raddled off all this info to Yuri. “ Also you start the hype that the survey results come out in 2 days that will get everyone crazy and talking about that instead of us. It’s your decision. ”

Lemon didn't dare even look at Yuri her stomach hurt and she felt slightly woozy. To many emotions ...part of Lemon wanted to scream and the other part wanted to cry. However, she just typed and did her work quietly. Finally, as Lemon entered the last result she stood up abruptly. “ Dinner time I need to go,” she scooped up her things leaving the jacket she borrowed earlier that morning from Yuri sitting on the chair for him.She didnt even really give him a chance to say goodbye.

Lemon found herself that night on the old worn couch in her room. She tucked her legs under her pulling the sleeve of her large sweatshirt over her hand so she doesn't burn it on the cup of hot tea Bob brought her. Lemon took a tentative sip but it was awful and not what she wanted. She set the tea down and finally stood up to pace. As she stood her long hair fell down her back in golden waves. Lemon only wore the large sweatshirt hit her mid thighs almost swallowing her small frame and extra fluffy wool socks. Back and forth she went across her room for almost an hour. Finally, Lemon snattched up her phone opening the text messages to Yuri’s number and began to text “I need you, come over” she shook her head and deleted it “I’m Sorry” she deleted it again “why you so cold, you are a total A**hat” and again she deleted it. “What are you doing?” she finally hit send and laid down on her floor spreading her arms and legs out as she closed her eyes.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus