Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Lair of the Khajiit (CLOSED)

Ja'vassa and Kisavi (played by KansasVenomoth) Topic Starter

Seemingly through a disembodied voice, Ja'vassa would speak to them. "You have made your way to the first room.. the room contains your first trial battle. Now, remember, the moment you enter the room, you cannot leave until you have won the fight or been killed yourself. What will you do?" He asked as the soft growls of the three canines could be heard, none of them were particularly strong, but nobody wanted to be at the bad end of a wolf, no matter how strong you were. "So, what will you three be doing? Will you stay and fight or will you move on to the next room?"
Fawn Hallah (played by Wolfzone92)

Fawn got a little excited and a bit nervous. She never dealt with wolves before. She took out her sword with the free hand that she had since she was carrying a torch in her left hand.

"Let's take this one step at a time. I'll kick the door in, roll in and we'll attack as soon as possible so they won't have time to get the drop on us. Dulrin, follow my lead okay?"

Fawn kicked the door open and rolled till she was on her feet again. One wolf jumped towards her. Her sword met it's chest. But instead of killing the beast, the sword got stuck in it's chest!! Fawn kicked it off the sword. But that did no good for the wolf grabbed fawn's arm with it's teeth causing her to drop her sword. A cry of pain left her lips as she felt the teeth sink bit into her skin.
Gnome Wizard (played by Krispythekritter)

Qash heard the growling behind the doors before even attempting to open the doors. The noise caught her attention but she was not sure if the others had heard the noise or not. The small gnome moved off to the side to allow Urir to access the doors and search for traps. When she looked over the door she did not really notice anything different about the door. The corridors were also plain and not much stood out to the gnome.

Her eyes looked around the plain corridor while she waited for his results, mostly wandering and spacing out. The seconds were ticking by as she waited which felt like it lasted for hours. It was not long before he gave a half answer that she was mostly expecting. Her attention perked when the other female in their party spoke up.

"There are creatures behind the door. Likely wolves. More than one as well," Qash said before the woman kicked the door in.

Qash shook her head at the headstrong female. It was too late for any of them to turn back now. Not that she really want to turn back. The more she thought on this place the more appealing it became. She would head inside the room as one of the wolves latched onto Fawn. Her feet carried her over towards the wolf to smack it on the head with her staff. Qash was trying to get the wolf to release the woman from it's maw. A loud thud would resound as her staff connected with the head of the wolf.

"Get back," she said.

Qash held her hands in front of her as a chilly blast of air was released. Wolf could have thick fur coats which would make weapons like swords and slings more useless. Perhaps magic would be the key to their victory. It had jumped back enough to avoid the brunt of the magical attack. All the cold seemed to do was add a small layer of frost to the fur coat. The cold air did not seem to do anything to deter the wolf from coming around in for another attack.

Fawn held her hand up to the open flesh wound. She tore of a piece of her shirt and tied it around her wound. "Alright wolf, let's see how tough you really are!!" Fawn looked around the room for something to help them defend themselves against the wolves. She looked towards her team, "hey, let's try fire! Got any spells that would work for that!?"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Urir backed away from the door as Fawn kicked it in, putting as much distance and as many people between himself and the wolves as possible.

Dulirn surveyed the scene, running through a list of possibilities as the warrior and the gnome wizard bought him a few moments to ready his own attack.

"Emirikol's Entropic Maelstrom, perhaps?" he muttered to himself as Fawn was getting bit. No, that would potentially injure his companions as well as the wolves.

"Planar Purification Blast. I've never tried that against creatures of this realm," he said, just as Quash clunked one over the head.

"hey, let's try fire!" came Fawn's voice.

"Ah, of course!" Why hadn't he thought of that first? Probably because fire magic freakin' hurt when you got it wrong.

((Edit for that fun roll. Way to screw it up on the first try of the game, Wizard!))

Dulirn made his incantation, waving his arms around in circles, then points at one of the wolves getting ready to pounce on the two females fighting in the room. But instead of the intended effect, unfortunately, the wizard's pale skin turned a bright shade of red, as if he'd just spent several long hours naked out in the afternoon sun, some spots blistering badly.

"Owowowowowowow...." he whined, shaking his head and dancing a bit in place as he ceased the magic before it could burn him even further. "Urir, water!"

rolled 1d20 and got 3
1-3 backfire! ; 4-9 ineffective; 10-15 takes out one wolf ; 16+ takes out two wolves

Fawn took the torch and shined it at the wolves. They seem to growl at it and claw at it. Then one of the wolves jumped to attack Fawn!!! "Any help now would be really appreciated!!!!

Qash glanced back hearing the male call out in pain. She was seriously stuck with these people while they traversed the dangers of the labyrinth. Sometimes you could not choose your partners. Qash needed to have faith that they would be able to prevail over this challenge. Hearing the other woman call for fire gave Qash an idea. Her choice of spells was a little limited but the gnome tried to pick spells that held some benefit to her.

"May the fires engulf you," Qash called outstretching her hands.

She placed her thumbs next to each other and stretched her fingers towards the sky. Flames erupted from her hands and shot towards the wolves. The attack engulfed the wolf who was attacking Fawn. A howl of pain quickly followed by the smell of burning hair filled the air. It seemed the fire attack was rather effective. Qash did not see if the wolf fell to the attack as a sharp pain shot through Qash. Her eyes caught sight of one of the other wolves clamping it's jaw around her arm.

"Nethys take you," she cursed almost under her breath.

Qash brought her free hand down onto the wolf's head with a light thud. The wolf only winced in slight pain but failed to release her from it's tight hold. Her eyes looked towards her companion. In truth, each of them was fighting on their own. Trying to do what they did best. However, they would need each other to cover the others if they were going to complete this trial together.

"Work together. Take the other down."

Qash would work on the wolf in front of her if the others chose to fight the other wolf. Or they could chose to help her. Their options were not always limited. Each of them had a decision to make about their course of action.
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

((Oh, I didn’t realize this was started up again; I’ll have to post something soon.))

Arun-Ja wrote:
((Oh, I didn’t realize this was started up again; I’ll have to post something soon.))

((I'm sorry, but we're already far into the story, so if you want, I can open up something else. Sorry.))
Arun-Ja (played by Arcol)

Ja wrote:
Arun-Ja wrote:

((I'm sorry, but we're already far into the story, so if you want, I can open up something else. Sorry.))

((Oh, is this a different forum than the one I thought? Apologies.))

Fawn took her sword and swung it to chop off the first wolves head! It died immediately. Next she ran and chopped off the other's heads. "Now, let's hi ope that's the last of our worries " Fawn said as she was out of breath "

"Good showing... but, if a trio of wolves slowed you down this much, then you might as well turn back now. Far worse lurks deeper within the tunnels." Ja'vassa said, his tone sounding a bit bored at this point. After the final wolf was killed, a small chest rose from behind Fawn. "Inside the chest will be a key, though I'll let you figure out what it's used for." In the chest was a golden key, one appearing to be made of a rather fine material. The handle of the key had a trio of gold coins engraved on it, seemingly hinting what it used for.
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Luckily enough for the embarrassed wizard, his companions seemed well equipped to cover for his mishap.

"Urir, water!" he repeated and the large-hatted servant slipped forward with it now that the wolves were vanquished. Dulirn drank nearly the entire canteen, feeling as if he'd spent the last several hours baking in the sun.

"Ah, fire magic, never my specialty, unfortunately," he excused, trying to explain away the failure. "Impressive swordplay, my lady," he complimented Fawn. "And your command of fire magic, Qash," he added, though grudgingly. Being shown up by a gnome... not a fantastic start to his day.

He strode into the room to open the box, looking at it skeptically, as if it were likely trapped. "Urir!" he called and Urir crept in slowly, looking at the headless wolves as if they might still spring up to get him. "Check it for traps please..."

After several moments of careful inspection, Urir shook his head. "Don't think so..." he said, noncommittally.

Dulirn sighed and opened it. Luckily, nothing exploded. He reached in and took the key, "Any objections to allowing Urir to carry it?" he asked the others.

Behind him, Urir "humphed".

"Thank you my good sir. Let's get that key and head to our next destination. Although, if the next door is anything like this one, we've got our hands full."

Fawn looked around the room for a few minutes as Durlin told Urir to look at the chest for traps. There was gold coins scattered all over the floor!

Fawn took out a small tan colored bag from her boot and put some of the gold coin in it. She then turned to her friends and said

"There are gold coins all over the floor here. I wonder why? Are we supposed to take them or just leave them here? It doesn't make sense. Unless the coins appeared after we defeated the wolves. "

Qash thought that using his own water to douse the flames was a bit of a waste and a dumb idea. There was no telling if there would be fresh water which they could use to resupply themselves while they were trapped within the labyrinth. However, Qash kept her mouth shut on the matter. Each person was allowed to do what they wanted with their own supplies.

"Could be trap. Maybe reward," Qash said to Fawn.

Qash would eye the golden key from the chest. She had no issues with Urir carrying the key. It would be good to have a kind of third party in charge of the important matters. While Urir was with Durlin he acted as a third party. Merely following the others and paying attention to each of them in turn. Her eyes looked around the room but did not see an immediate place where they could use the key. Her eyes went towards the other.

"We keep looking. Finding keyhole," she said.

Qash went over to the wolves to make sure that each of them was indeed dead. It would not do for the wolves to rise and strike them from behind. After confirming each death she headed back towards the door they used to enter the room. They would need to choose another pathway in order to proceed forward. She came to the first intersection and looked the other way. They could retrace their steps or try the other path.

"Which way?"
Dulirn (played by Juls)

The robed wizard handed the golden key to Urir, who grumpily stuck it into some deep pocket in his baggy clothes where it seemed to disappear.

They both followed Qash back to the intersection, Dulirn glancing back to ensure Fawn was following.

"Eumar's 11th rule..." Dulirn muttered, still pulling on his collar uncomfortably. He continued north, ready to turn down the eastern hallway.

"Eh! Hold up, hold up!" Urir spoke up, digging again through various pockets before locating a piece of chalk. He drew an X on the floor and then started marking the wall as they continued. "Case we gotta, ya know, backtrack in a hurry..." he explained to the gnome, puffing up his chest slightly, as if he were some experienced dungeon delver. Unfortunately enough for him, he was. And he was all too used to needing to run for their lives when Dulirn's magic went awry.

4CdU2qC.png

Fawn stayed close to her friends as they went further into the tunnels. She kept her sword out just in case there were any other surprises waiting for them. After all, she'd never been here before and being prepared was better then being surprised by something.

"So Durlin, tell me where you come from. All the wizards I've met are so different from you. Yeah they all have magic, but yours seem to come from a different place. Did you study a different type of magic or something? Or did someone train you? And if so, could someone without magic learn?"

Fawn looked away as they walked, thinking about her father. Her father had been away for so long. She even wondered if anyone back at her castle would even be looking for her.

"I need to learn magic. I need it to help me with a few things. Maybe after this quest that we are on, you could possibly train me? Or maybe point me in the right direction?"

Qash was not familiar with the rules that Durlin kept spouting out. However, living life alone in the forest tended to do that. She was unfamiliar with the world surrounding the forest where she was from. There was so much for her to experience. The gnome was learning more and more as she wandered through the labyrinth with the others. She watched as Urir drew the X on the ground. That was a good strategy that would keep them from backtracking too much within the maze.

Qash considered staying out of the conversation again. However, she wanted to feel a part of their group. To feel somewhat included. She thought to give some time and energy towards making friends. This was her chance not only to learn about the world but about the people that lived here. Her eyes looked towards the woman as she asked Durlin more about him. With a small huff she headed towards the right corridor after they reached the next intersection from where they started.

"Magic take work. Not for fainthearted. Lots of long nights with dusty tomes. You want that? Not all fireballs and fame."

Her eyes looked at the door that stood before her. Listening quietly it sounded like there was another battle waiting for them inside the doorway. Fawn would learn there was dangers associated with magic as well. Would she still want that kind of power when seeing the destruction it could cause.

"Sounds like something is in there. Be prepared," Qash said turning the door handle this time.

Like before, animalistic growls could be heard behind the door, though unlike before, they weren't that of a canine... they were of something else entirely, something far more dangerous. "Just beyond your next fight lies a reward that'll be instrumental in collecting the various treasures in these tunnels.. of course this reward is entirely optional and will not be required to finish the labyrinth, of course you'll want it to ensure you get every piece of gold, every weapon, and even useful potions within these walls. I'm eager to see how you three will fare against our next opponent." Ja'vassa said, his sounding mildly entertained at this point. "Good luck with the remainder of your quest, travelers. I hope that when you arrive here, it'll be in one piece."
Dulirn (played by Juls)

Whether intended as such or not, Dulirn took Fawn's words as a compliment and he twisted the end of his mustache as if to smooth it. Still, magical knowledge was not something that had come easy. It had taken sacrifice of time, of blood, of relationships, and even... of some lives along the way. Thankfully not his... yet. Was he willing to share it? Not for free... even to a pretty face.

"Magical power comes from... beyond..." He gestured in a rather wild circle with his hand as if to indicate things beyond their sight. "But it comes at a price, often a great one," there was a small hint of regret in his voice, as if he sometimes wished he had not started down this road. But there was no turning back now.

"Deals and such..." he muttered rather vaguely. He was saved from going into further detail by Qash turning the door handle. And as it opened and two bears were seen, Dulirn extended his hand. "Stand back!" he ordered dramatically as he worked his fingers and uttered the spell...

Edit: ((Well, that's a bit better than last time!))

The bears growled, driven into an unnatural rage and seeming ready to charge the adventurers in the hallway. Dulirn's eyes, if anyone is looking, become white... orbs of polished marble as he keeps his hand extended toward the first bear. Tendrils of stone rise from the ground, wrapping around the bear's legs, then merging with the bear, turning it quickly to stone itself from the bottom up. Which left the bear a marble statue, its mouth frozen open in a perpetual roar.

Immediately, he turned his stone-like gaze to the second bear and it reared on its hind legs, attempting to escape the stone tendrils shooting toward it. But it could not. They climbed up the bear, turning it to stone from the bottom up, leaving it as a rearing statue.

Slowly, Dulirn's eyes returned to normal and he lowered his arm, looking incredibly pleased with himself.

"Now... on to this reward, huh?"

rolled 1d20 and got 20
1-2 backfire! ; 3-4 ineffective; 5-9 hinders one bear; 10-15 takes out one bear ; 16+ takes out both bears

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Lair of the Khajiit (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus