Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi, I'm new here

Hello, I'm MoonRaven and I am a 29 year old woman from the Tyrol region of Austria. I am bilingual and so speak English and German fluently.

I'm here looking for RP partners, specifically those interested in fantasy, sci-fi and romance. You can see more of what I'm looking for on my profile. I'm usually better at playing the bad guys than the good guys (and I find I enjoy it much more too!)

I am not new to RP and I have several highly developed characters already which I am gradually posting onto my profile. I hope you guys will check it out.

I hope to make many new friends here and thanks for reading my intro!

Remove this ad

Hi Moonraven, that's a cool username! Welcome to Roleplay Repository! We're glad to have you here, and hope you have fun here! Be sure to check out the roleplay forums once you're ready!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR, Moonraven! There are tons of people who share your interests, so it shouldn't be hard to make new friends quickly. :D Please let us know if we can help you around on the site!
Hi there MoonRaven, welcome to RPR! As can see, the community is fun, friendly, welcoming and helpful! If you haven't yet, we recommend browsing the tutorial, it's got a ton of helpful tips and guides for all sorts of different RP-related subjects, from making characters to looking for RP partners--even experienced roleplayers may find things they hadn't thought of, I know I sure did. :) And if you're still not sure about something on the site after checking out the tutorial, feel free to ask questions of the mods and anyone else who offers to help.

If you're hankering for some specific kind of RP, we have an awesome Find RP tool that has a bunch of neat filters and stuff you can use to look for particulars. If you just wanna browse, you can go straight to the Looking For RP forum and see if anything there catches your eye, or even post ideas of your own! :)

Or if you just wanna chat for a bit as you decide what kind of characters you want to make, we have a place for Smalltalk too!

And above all...hope you have fun and stick around a while to make a bunch of RP friends like you are looking to do! These people being friendly sure helped me decide to stay, too, when I was new!



I think it's awesome that you have so many fantastic characters--here's hoping you will continue seeing them grow and thrive and change over just as many more years here! :)
MoonRaven wrote:
Hello, I'm MoonRaven and I am a 29 year old woman from the Tyrol region of Austria. I am bilingual and so speak English and German fluently.

I'm here looking for RP partners, specifically those interested in fantasy, sci-fi and romance. You can see more of what I'm looking for on my profile. I'm usually better at playing the bad guys than the good guys (and I find I enjoy it much more too!)

I am not new to RP and I have several highly developed characters already which I am gradually posting onto my profile. I hope you guys will check it out.

I hope to make many new friends here and thanks for reading my intro!

Welcome to the site! I hope you find what you're looking for! <3
Thank-you all guys, I already feel really welcome. Everyone is so friendly!
That's what we strive for, to make every newcomer welcome. ^_^

If you don't mind me asking, are there any specific sub-genres of sci-fi and fantasy that you enjoy more than others? I myself am a big fan of both those genres myself.
Subtleknifewielder wrote:
That's what we strive for, to make every newcomer welcome. ^_^

If you don't mind me asking, are there any specific sub-genres of sci-fi and fantasy that you enjoy more than others? I myself am a big fan of both those genres myself.

No I don't mind at all, thank-you for the interest. I'm a big fan of high fantasy e.g. Lord of the Rings, D&D realms etc, and also homebrewing up a complete world - including nations cultures etc. I have a lot of video game inspirations like Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo etc.

With sci-fi, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I also like sci-fi adventure settings like Stargate SG:1. I'm a huge fan of grittier sci-fi like Dredd as well.

I also have a big love of dystopian futures e.g. Fallout.

Hope that answers your question. It's always great to meet a likeminded person!
MoonRaven wrote:
No I don't mind at all, thank-you for the interest. I'm a big fan of high fantasy e.g. Lord of the Rings, D&D realms etc, and also homebrewing up a complete world - including nations cultures etc. I have a lot of video game inspirations like Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo etc.

With sci-fi, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I also like sci-fi adventure settings like Stargate SG:1. I'm a huge fan of grittier sci-fi like Dredd as well.

I also have a big love of dystopian futures e.g. Fallout.

Hope that answers your question. It's always great to meet a likeminded person!
I agree, it is great to meet those with whom you share interests! ^_^ And worldbuilding is one of them? Awesome! :) And Excellent taste, too--Tolkien was a worldbuilding master, and Middle Earth was as much of an interesting character as those who lived in it, if you ask me. The lore is fascinating!

And I can't tell you how many Star Wars books I've read, and I've of course watched all the movies, even read some comics and played a few games. I would love, for example, to see a movie, or at least some kind of visual media adaptation, of stories about Grand Admiral Thrawn, or Revan.

And Stargate...oh man...don't get me started on that one. :D I've seen all the episodes from SG1, Atlantis, and Universe, and I honestly thought Universe was getting to the really good parts when they cancelled it. I loved the movies that capped off SG1 though. Honestly, I think overall my favorite villain for SG1 overall, was Baal. (Also, I would love to see a really well-done Stargate roleplay, but sadly I have not been able to find one of those.)

Of the others that you named, I admittedly know less of, though I have played a tabletop game similar to D&D--Pathfinder. I've seen gameplay of the Fallout games posted to YouTube, and read a bit of the background lore, and that's about it, sadly.
Hey! Welcome to RPR, hope you have fun here!
Subtleknifewielder wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
No I don't mind at all, thank-you for the interest. I'm a big fan of high fantasy e.g. Lord of the Rings, D&D realms etc, and also homebrewing up a complete world - including nations cultures etc. I have a lot of video game inspirations like Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo etc.

With sci-fi, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I also like sci-fi adventure settings like Stargate SG:1. I'm a huge fan of grittier sci-fi like Dredd as well.

I also have a big love of dystopian futures e.g. Fallout.

Hope that answers your question. It's always great to meet a likeminded person!
I agree, it is great to meet those with whom you share interests! ^_^ And worldbuilding is one of them? Awesome! :) And Excellent taste, too--Tolkien was a worldbuilding master, and Middle Earth was as much of an interesting character as those who lived in it, if you ask me. The lore is fascinating!

And I can't tell you how many Star Wars books I've read, and I've of course watched all the movies, even read some comics and played a few games. I would love, for example, to see a movie, or at least some kind of visual media adaptation, of stories about Grand Admiral Thrawn, or Revan.

And Stargate...oh man...don't get me started on that one. :D I've seen all the episodes from SG1, Atlantis, and Universe, and I honestly thought Universe was getting to the really good parts when they cancelled it. I loved the movies that capped off SG1 though. Honestly, I think overall my favorite villain for SG1 overall, was Baal. (Also, I would love to see a really well-done Stargate roleplay, but sadly I have not been able to find one of those.)

Of the others that you named, I admittedly know less of, though I have played a tabletop game similar to D&D--Pathfinder. I've seen gameplay of the Fallout games posted to YouTube, and read a bit of the background lore, and that's about it, sadly.


Tolkien was an utter genius, I agree. Although it took me three tries to get through the Silmarillion as it is *such* heavy going. The lore is fantastic though. It used to be my life's ambition as a child to be one of the Nazgûl...what a strange and evil child I was!

On a Star Wars note, what did you think of Rogue One? I was pleasantly surprised and I thought it was great - I bought the book 'Catalyst' about Orson Krennic making the Death Star and it was also a fantastic read. You should try it if you like the Thrawn stories - it's in a similar style.

Ba'al was also my favourite villain from Stargate SG:1 because of his dry wit and underhanded tactics, as well as his many clones. I thought he was brilliant and made a much better bad guy than grand-standing Apophis or 2D Anubis. I loved General Hammond for his grit though.
Hey there! Welcome to RPR! Enjoy your stay!
Welcome to RPR, MoonRaven! I'm so glad you decided to join our community. I too like to RP the romance genre, but not so much sci-fi.
Cool username. Hello and welcome to RPRepository. My vocalbury has much improved here.Along with my poems and songwriting. My role-playing has immensely gotten better.You'll find plenty of freinds and roleplayers here in no time.
Heya MoonRaven, glad to see you joining RPR, welcome! Being bilingual is super cool :) I totally get playing bad guys, it is so much fun lol! Hoping you make tons of new friends and find more amazing RP's than you know what to do with.
Welcome to RPR! I hope you find lots of games and lots of fun here. :D
Hello!

Welcome to RPR! I’m happy you found this wonderful site. If you’re ready to roleplay then I’d suggest going to “looking for RP” or “Find RP”. There you will find the exact roleplay that you please. If you need any more help I’ll be willing to help you out. :D

welcome%20(4).gif


~AmongstTheStars ✦
Welcome to RPR!

~Cherry
MoonRaven wrote:
Subtleknifewielder wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:
No I don't mind at all, thank-you for the interest. I'm a big fan of high fantasy e.g. Lord of the Rings, D&D realms etc, and also homebrewing up a complete world - including nations cultures etc. I have a lot of video game inspirations like Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo etc.

With sci-fi, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I also like sci-fi adventure settings like Stargate SG:1. I'm a huge fan of grittier sci-fi like Dredd as well.

I also have a big love of dystopian futures e.g. Fallout.

Hope that answers your question. It's always great to meet a likeminded person!
I agree, it is great to meet those with whom you share interests! ^_^ And worldbuilding is one of them? Awesome! :) And Excellent taste, too--Tolkien was a worldbuilding master, and Middle Earth was as much of an interesting character as those who lived in it, if you ask me. The lore is fascinating!

And I can't tell you how many Star Wars books I've read, and I've of course watched all the movies, even read some comics and played a few games. I would love, for example, to see a movie, or at least some kind of visual media adaptation, of stories about Grand Admiral Thrawn, or Revan.

And Stargate...oh man...don't get me started on that one. :D I've seen all the episodes from SG1, Atlantis, and Universe, and I honestly thought Universe was getting to the really good parts when they cancelled it. I loved the movies that capped off SG1 though. Honestly, I think overall my favorite villain for SG1 overall, was Baal. (Also, I would love to see a really well-done Stargate roleplay, but sadly I have not been able to find one of those.)

Of the others that you named, I admittedly know less of, though I have played a tabletop game similar to D&D--Pathfinder. I've seen gameplay of the Fallout games posted to YouTube, and read a bit of the background lore, and that's about it, sadly.

Tolkien was an utter genius, I agree. Although it took me three tries to get through the Silmarillion as it is *such* heavy going. The lore is fantastic though. It used to be my life's ambition as a child to be one of the Nazgûl...what a strange and evil child I was!

On a Star Wars note, what did you think of Rogue One? I was pleasantly surprised and I thought it was great - I bought the book 'Catalyst' about Orson Krennic making the Death Star and it was also a fantastic read. You should try it if you like the Thrawn stories - it's in a similar style.

Ba'al was also my favourite villain from Stargate SG:1 because of his dry wit and underhanded tactics, as well as his many clones. I thought he was brilliant and made a much better bad guy than grand-standing Apophis or 2D Anubis. I loved General Hammond for his grit though.
Lol, strange indeed, but hey, pretty sure everyone here has had some kind of strange ambition in their life. XD Sadly I have not been able to make it through the Silmarillion myself, mostly I just know stuff from it due to having friends who have. I have read the Hobbit more than once and am reading through The Lord of the Rings again now, though.

Rogue One blew me completely away, in the best way possible. I cannot say just how fantastic I found that movie. Honestly the best Star Wars movie since the originals, if you ask me--quite possibly better even than the original trilogy! It certainly was the best possible complement to them at the very least! Hmmm...I don't think I have read Catalyst, I'll definitely have to put it on my reading list now though, thank you. :)

And, yes, I think that's what made Ba'al stand out, too--he was more three-dimensional than most of the Goa'uld, not to mention more adaptable and clever than pretty much any of them. Most of them just thought they were clever. He did too, but he actually was--he had the wit and intelligence to back up his belief in himself. Honestly between him and the Lucian Alliance, I believe they could have made the last two seasons entirely about those two threats and still made an interesting story without the Ori at all. As for General Hammond...he will be missed. *Takes off hat for a moment of respectful silence.*
Hello 🌒 MoonRaven 🌒

Hoping you find RPR a fun place to RP!
I see one of your world you list is Middle Earth! Cool! Much of my rp history is bottled up in that world!

The Silmarillion is a bit of a hard slog. Took me a few starts before I skipped the first biblical creation parts and got into the First Age stories. Went back to read it later. I liked Unfinished Tales better as it complimented the Lord if the Rings story much better.

And yes, Rogue One is an excellent Star Wars standalone!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi, I'm new here

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Cass, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus