Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Random Thoughts

Lucretire wrote:
AlexSilverX wrote:
Lucretire wrote:
Random thought: "What's normal to a spider is chaos to a fly." Then what's normal to a fly and chaos to a spider?
Flying.
But spiders can techincally fly via their own silk and Earth's electric field. So that's normal to a spider and a fly.

Hmm. But wouldn't they technically be climbing or hanging from the silk...
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Lucretire wrote:
AlexSilverX wrote:
Lucretire wrote:
Random thought: "What's normal to a spider is chaos to a fly." Then what's normal to a fly and chaos to a spider?
Flying.
But spiders can techincally fly via their own silk and Earth's electric field. So that's normal to a spider and a fly.

Hmm. But wouldn't they technically be climbing or hanging from the silk...
From what I've read, spiders have been seen traveling two and a half to three miles above the surface and as far as a thousand miles across the sea using this technique. They can even steer in mid-air during flight.

It's an interesting process that explains how some spiders get around so easily.
Is toast still bread or is it a whole new entity?
pockets wrote:
Is toast still bread or is it a whole new entity?
Let's answer your question with another question; is cooked fish still raw fish?
The answer, to me, is that while they're both fish, the answer is no.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Let's start this year over again.
Rogue-Scribe

Yes, Let's start this year over again.
(or not I guess)
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Totally demolished and destroyed beyond repair
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Time wounds all heals💔💣🍾
Rogue-Scribe

I'm glad to see everything is back to normal.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Not missing you at all
LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
Not missing you at all

Hmm. Doesn't know who you're talking about. But *hugs you tight*

Random thought: Normal is not a thing.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Declared a total loss.
sarah18394729

That time you're doing homework and then you remember you have to work in the morning.
My boo has a cute butt O/////O
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Won't ever be rebuilt promise.
I love it when a music player of choice shuffles onto the perfect track for the chapter you're reading in a book...

Had my collection of Anathema songs playing whilst reading The Curse of the Gloamglozer from The Edge Chronicles... and the song Childhood Dream started playing whilst I was reading the chapter 'The Creature', and it was sooooo creepy.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

I used to care but things have changed.
If scientists only just figured out that germs (not "bad air") cause disease about 200 years ago, what kinds of things will we have figured out that we wrong about 500 years from now?
Has anyone considered that the reason aliens have never come to Earth is that before reaching that level of technology, they perfected the art of total virtual reality and have chosen to live out their days in a digital world to escape from a hazardously polluted atmosphere and dismal grey landscape?

I mean what would you rather do? Visit another planet that is either barren, primitive or just as awful and polluted as your own... or spend the rest of your life in your ideal virtual world potentially in a state of immortality? Better yet: explore virtual space and virtualised alien cultures that are actually guaranteed to be interesting.
It's me! I was the turkey all along!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Random Thoughts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus