Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Baconpalooza Raffle (CLOSED)

MissPixie Topic Starter

Just gonna hip check this so people know there's still lots of time to enter. :D
Maybe the somnom should post 3 positive things about themselves too? >.> just a suggestion <.<

XD
RimCaster

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Maybe the somnom should post 3 positive things about themselves too? >.> just a suggestion <.<

XD

Agree wholeheartedly.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
XD
Yes she should
1. I am not giving up, even though my job is making it hard for me. I plan on walking away from bad administration, but I made a promise to my kids and I am staying on for the next while.

2. I messed up today, but I am planning on fixing it. I am glad that I am showing this fortitude in a hard place; I am making myself accountable to myself and to my students.

3. I am an artist. I know I don't work in a way that is accessible to everyone and even if I'm not "making it", I am proud of where I am and I am not letting people's negative comments hold me down.
MissPixie Topic Starter

You're all silly. I can't post 3 positive things about me because I'm not qualified to enter this raffle. ;)

Plus, this is about YOU, not me! XD
RimCaster

Somnom wrote:
You're all silly. I can't post 3 positive things about me because I'm not qualified to enter this raffle. ;)

Plus, this is about YOU, not me! XD

If it can be about us, it can be about you too. One person wouldn't make it harder in big group.
MissPixie Topic Starter

OKAY! Okay! Fine. I'll play along....

1) I'm a really generous person - not only with physical/tangible things, but with my time, my advice, etc. I have a really huge heart and this gets taken advantage of a lot, unfortunately. Despite that, I'm still a giving person and I don't think I'll ever stop that.

2) I'm really, really, REALLY talented in culinary abilities despite having no formal training or education in it. Cooking and baking are huge passions of mine and nothing makes me more happy than seeing the smiles of others when they eat something I've cooked.

3) I refuse to give up. There have been some serious and significant setbacks in life, many challenges, many horrible instances that have happened to me. I try my hardest to ensure I live a full and independent life. A lot of people who've known me for a long time are shocked that despite going through all these things, I'm still upbeat, I'm still optimistic, I'm still open to letting people into my life and giving them chances, and I still try to see the best in people first despite my anxiety and fears.
Somnom wrote:
OKAY! Okay! Fine. I'll play along....

1) I'm a really generous person - not only with physical/tangible things, but with my time, my advice, etc. I have a really huge heart and this gets taken advantage of a lot, unfortunately. Despite that, I'm still a giving person and I don't think I'll ever stop that.

2) I'm really, really, REALLY talented in culinary abilities despite having no formal training or education in it. Cooking and baking are huge passions of mine and nothing makes me more happy than seeing the smiles of others when they eat something I've cooked.

3) I refuse to give up. There have been some serious and significant setbacks in life, many challenges, many horrible instances that have happened to me. I try my hardest to ensure I live a full and independent life. A lot of people who've known me for a long time are shocked that despite going through all these things, I'm still upbeat, I'm still optimistic, I'm still open to letting people into my life and giving them chances, and I still try to see the best in people first despite my anxiety and fears.

It's suck up time? Yeah, it's shower Somnom with love time! HECH TO THE YEAH!
Don't forget that Somnom works hard, harder than almost anyone I have ever known. They aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. They are smart as a whip and great at introspection. Rising each day making the world a happier place, and can go to bed each night knowing that they did their best. <3 Perhaps though, the thing I admire the most and always have is their ability to do all this for the sake of it. Somnom is the most humble person I have ever known! They do not do good deeds so that others know, they do them simply because they are the right things to do. Most days you won't know they did anything at all, but I promise they did.

Had to add this because I know Somnom won't.
JetStorm

1)I am very creative,everyday after school,any hours i have left i spend in my art room,drawing characters from my favorite tv shows and movies,like transformers,pokemon,Avengers,stuff like that,i also paint with my grandmother when I visit her.We paint flowers,animals,and scenery.

2)I'm very VERY nerdy.Like i said before I love any type of fandom,such as Sonic,Pokemon,Sailor Moon,Transformers Prime(and Transformers animated),I also love Gravity falls,Harry Potter(I have all books btw) and lastly Naruto.I am also in an anime club at my school and its the best,we do a bunch of reading and writing.

3)I LOVE cooking its so satisfying when i'm in the kitchen with my loved ones,coming together to make a dish.(Especially mom's strawberry pie) i'm slowly getting better at my cooking skills,i haven't burnt the house down...yet (XD) lol sorry.Anyway,I made fried shrimp,tacos,sushi(it didn't look pretty though,but it tasted alright) and i made cheese dip.

4)i'm into sports,i'm currently doing Volleyball,Track,Tennis,and a bit of foot ball,i even do a bunch of dancing(Its not good,but at least im getting good exersize) in Volleyball,me and my team got two trophies for winning,and one for sportsmanship.(GO TEAM!...idk)

5)as you can guess i love animals,we saved our pet from getting squished by a car,his name was Siyounga,and he was the sweetest cat,i loved him very much,but he's resting in Heaven now,now we have a Husky named Tifa and she is my best friend,when im upset she's the first to cheer me up.if im sick she runs in my room and stays with me to help me feel a bit better.

...oof i could go on,but i'll end up writing for about one more hour. XD
This will be difficult, but I shall do anything for B A C O N

1. I attempt to be a good person
2. I take care of two feral cats
3. I... I dunno....... I don't kill people..?
Wow... I think that aside from some tasty baconess I believe that everyone owes this to themselves.

Ok here we go!

1- I'm patient. I remember that there were times back in college when I had to wait either four or three hours for a class to start due how broken my schedule was. I often used that time to advance projects or homework but still It was a lot of time!

2- I have a great memory. Sometimes when I chat with my family I just randomly ask if they remember a particular past experience like: "Hey remember when our grand father told us not to eat in the living room infront of the TV and always send us towards the kitchet downstairs? But then every night he brought up his dinner from the kitchen to watch it?" Yep that sort of things (That particular memory was when I was 8).

3- I'm quite protective of my friends and family. It's kind of a funny thing but this protectiveness combined with a good memory means that if anyone mistreats anyone I'm fond of they will get in the least get particular bad case of cold shoulder for the years to come.

Bonus. I think I'm a decent cook. Not anything close to a good one but at least I won't die of starvation or high doses of cheetos. Aside from my parents I'm the only one from my brothers that cook for others. There are times I have to cook for them as their skills in cuisine rivals that of alchemical concotions in order to create life or a biohazzard.
Thank you for the raffle, Somnom! Nothing like bacon to motivate people to think good thoughts about themselves! :D

Soooo ...

1. I did a lot of inner work over the last few years and I am (finally!) happy with my foundation and how I have learned to ground and center myself.

2. I am very keen to learn and expand my knowledge and understanding of the world.

3. I am easy-going and open-minded, and although we all have our cognitive biases without which we would be unable to function I am fairly non-judgmental.
MissPixie Topic Starter

YAY! Thanks so much everyone who entered. I really enjoyed reading all the good things that people had to say about themselves, even though I know it was difficult.

I will be drawing the winners a bit later on. :)
Thank you somnom, it was a great contest
JetStorm

so who won?
MissPixie Topic Starter

Winners are posted in the edited original post. :)
JetStorm

oh okay thanks,i just now saw it.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Baconpalooza Raffle (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus