Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings and Salutations

Hello!

I'm Andy, and I've been involved in online roleplay for a while, since 1996 or so. Started out on mIRC playing with a bunch of people from Australia and New Zealand, where I discovered my fascination with medieval-fantasy and high-fantasy writing. My first couple of characters were fun but clearly my writing was not of the best sort. There wasn't encouragement for more than a couple of sentences because nobody took turns. It was very reminiscent of the days of Red Dragon Inn on AOL.

Once that group kind of dispersed into the mists, it was AOL chatroom rp for me. I continued with the medieval-fantasy/high-fantasy play and made several friends along the way. My writing improved, and I tried my hand at creating male characters. I found out I was halfway decent at that and played both genders for a long time. I was then introduced to the modern-fantasy/urban-fantasy genre, and found that I enjoyed it as well as the classic D&D-style play. I made friends, lost friends, and kept on going.

It's been almost 3 years since I've done any serious group rp. I had a horrible experience on AOL (as I'm sure the majority of players have), and I took a step back. I do miss the writing, and the creativity, however, so I thought I'd give this a try.

I have no trouble creating characters, as main or NPCs. I have more than 200 under my belt, and I can revamp them for most any setting. I have found that I'm not a huge fan of realism play. I can do it, but it's not my favorite. I still enjoy playing either male or female characters. I do have a full-time job and a lot of activities that I partake in, so I don't have oodles of time, but I'd like to find someone(s) to write with and see if I've still got it in me.

Beyond the rp, I do love to read, and I'll read just about anything. I'm typically reading 10-15 books at a time, finishing 1-2 per week. I love discussing literature, and I'm always looking for another author to catch my interest. I am 42 (almost 43), recently-divorced, and have no children. I do have a dog, Leroy, and he's a spoiled brat. I love film, stage, concerts, museums, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TN football, cross stitch, and karaoke. My favorite soda is Coca-Cola, and my favorite color is green.

I look forward to getting to know people and their characters here. I'm always up to toss around ideas and come up with something fabulous. :)

Hit me up.
Welcome to RPR!

~Cherry
Heya welcome to RPR! <3 Thanks for sharing so much about yourself :D I'm positive you'll quickly find lots of great games and fantastic new friends. The RPR community is very active and kind, so don't be afraid to ask questions or talk to people.
Hey AndyC! Welcome to RPR!

There's a pretty good mix of RP styles here, so hopefully you can find something that excites you! :)

Leroy is a cutie. <3
Hey Andy! You've shared so much about yourself! :D Welcome to the site!

Leroy sounds so cute. I hope that's a picture of the pooch on your icon because aaaadorable. ^_^

If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of helpful people around willing to help.

Cheers to making a ton of friends and having lots of fun RPs!
AndyC Topic Starter

Thank you all for the enthusiastic welcome! I'm very much looking forward to getting back into this.

And, yes, the profile picture is of my little monster, Leroy. He's my little lifesaver. Love him dearly.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Welcome to this fine upstanding called RPRepositor created by Kim. Welcome to the family. I love your dog. I got a German shepherd named duke.
Deumeawyn

Welcome to this fun rp writing site!
Hey there AnyC!! Welcome to RPR! I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but haven't watched it in so long, and my favorite color is green too!! [purple is second in line] I hope you have fun in this beautiful community, make tons of friends and stay here a while!
Welcome to RPR! I also came back to RPing after taking a long break, and this site has helped me to rekindle that love for being creative. I am sure that you can put your character army to work if you look around for some people with a similar styles and interest to you. Hope you have lot so fun!
Skylar_woods

Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to the Repository

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings and Salutations

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus