Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to Hogwarts!

((Nice interpretation/version of The Little Mermaid :) ))

The lake came closer and closer and soon she was there. And when she was, she recognized the girl from before. She was talking to someone. Something. The little bowtruckle from earlier. What was it´s name again? Oliver? She seemed to be telling a story and Analia stopped a bit behind her, listening. It was the story of a little mermaid, who fell in love with a human prince and exchanged her voice for legs in order to be with him. It was a cute little story and even had a happy ending with the prince and the mermaid living happily ever after. She couldn´t help but smile a bit.

She took a few steps closer, standing almost behind her. "What a nice story," she said calmly and with a friendly smile. She nodded towards the lake. "And fitting too! I think you even had a small audience," she said. A mermaid peered over the water at them, the top of her head and her eyes just visible in the water. She waved at the mermaid in a friendly greeting, even though the mermaid might not wave back. She stepped around Anissa and now stood in front of her. "I wanted to talk to you about earlier. I hope you understand that I was only trying to help, and I realize what I said might have sounded... wrong. That it might have hurt you, and I want you to know that wasn´t my intention. As a prefect you have to be impartial and stay objective. But I was with you, I swear. And if he causes trouble again just find me and I´ll give him some trouble of his own," she explained and smiled to her. Nour padded up to them and walked in and out between Analias legs, caressing her and meowing softly before sitting down next to her.
Anissa Griffis (played by Cherry_Red) Topic Starter

((well since Anissa is Muggle-born, I figured she could know some Disney stories.))

Anissa jumped when she heard a voice behind her, hearing her whole story. She smiled kindly at her "thank you, it's a story from the muggle world" she said and stood up as she approached her.

"I understand, really I do. I just got angry because you didn't hear what he said about my parents" she looked down "when I got the letter from Hogwarts my mother and father didn't want me any more, so they spoke to Dumbledore and he said I could live here then until I became 18, I've been here since that first ride on the Express on my first year, and he said 'how does it feel that your parents don't want you any more?' and that's when I mentioned Verla." She explained "it's alright though, I forgive you" she smiled. That was one thing Anissa could do, is be kind and forgive, besides to Darius.
((Of course! Only makes sense! :) ))

Analia apologized for startling her and was intrigued, when she explained that the story was from the muggle world. "I´ve grown up with quite different stories. The Tales of Beedle The Bard," she said with a smile and for a moment she seemed to drift off, as though she was reminiscing her childhood. She shook her head and came back to reality and faced her.

She listened to what she said about her parents and how she basically lived at Hogwarts. The story tugged on Analias heartstrings and she looked at her sympathecially and kindly. "I´m sorry about that. About your parents, but you know..." She stepped closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder. "...sometimes family doesn´t have to be blood."
She then sighed and lifted her hand from her shoulder again. "I understand why you lashed out. You were provoked and I noticed that, believe me. That´s why I said what I did. I was trying to keep you from more harm and also de-escalate the fight. It could´ve gone very wrong, and I didn´t want you to get in trouble, because of some Slytherin jerk," she said with emphasis on ´some Slytherin jerk´. She smiled at her. "I´m glad you forgive me. Mind if I join you?" She sat down and stared out at the lake.

Anissa smiled at the prefect and nodded when she asked to join her. "Besides Sanza and Ollie, I'm basically alone now. My father's half brother was Sirius Black, same dad so same last name. Besides Sirius I don't have any other family. I remember when he came to visit me one day, told me that his brother had a thick skull and that having the magical blood in my veins was a gift. He made me proud of who I was and not ashamed, I still thank him to this day whenever I see him. He's been more of a father to me than my real dad." She smiled and looked at the lake.

With a sigh she looked at Oliver who climbed onto Analia's shoulder and sat down. "He likes you" she smiled at the girl before looking back at the lake.
She gladly joined Anissa and listened to what she said, while watching the lake and the small ripples over the water. When she mentioned Sirius Black, Analia turned to look at her, a bit surprised, though she had heard rumors about a student related to him. "I didn´t realize you were related to the Black family," she said and looked slightly worried. "Sirius Black is a great man, I´m sure. At least from what I´ve heard and read. Can´t have been easy for either of you. The Black family is... from what I´ve heard.... pretty troublesome," she added, not really knowing how else to describe it.

She smiled, when the little bowtruckle climbed up her arm and to her shoulder before sitting down. Nour perked up a little and meowed happily to him before settling on Anissa´s thigh. Analia´s smile grew and she chuckled. "And Nour seems to like you." She sighed and pulled out her notebook from her bag and just holding it for a moment, while watching the giant squid break the surface of the water. There was a moment of quiet before Analia turned to Anissa with a certain determination. "Ask me anything," she said seriously. "You´ve told me about you, so it only seems fair that I tell you something about me. I owe you as much," she added shyly.

Anissa nodded when she spoke of the Black family, she'd never actually met them until she got the Hogwarts letter. "Alright well, where are you from? What are your parents like? How'd you become a prefect?" She asked all these questions and then went silent as she pet Nour and waited for her answers.

She was quite interested in how she became a prefect, she never understood how you had to become one. She thought it had something to do with the head of your house but she wasn't sure.
Analia gently caressed the bowtruckle and smiled at it. Then she turned her face towards Anissa again, when she asked her and smiled widely. "Well, I´m from London actually. Or just outside of it really. My parents are amazing, although..." she trailed off and looked at the lake. "...like all parents they can be a tad... much? They want what´s best for me I know, but their expectations are always sky-high. They were thrilled when I became a prefect," she said, taking a small break before continuing. "Anyone can become a prefect, although.... maybe don´t be a troublemaker. That might diminish your chances. As a prefect you are given extra authorities and responsibilities by either a Head of House or the Headmaster. You can deduct house points and punish by means of detention," she explained. "If you abuse your power, however, they can revoke your badge, but anyway.... the authority part is why a lot of students dislike prefects. We are generally seen as goody-two-shoes and over-achievers. We don´t all have a lot of friends," she added and looked down a bit.

She then shrugged. "But I´m okay."

"To be quite honest I really did think you were a goody-two-shoes. But I was wrong, and so that's helped me not to judge a book by its cover, that sort of thing. In the muggle world my parents are musicians, they make such wonderful music together. My mother plays violin while father plays guitar. There was a time they let me play piano for one of their songs, I had so much fun. But now that they didn't want me I'm sure they just got rid of the song that had me playing in it" she sniffled as tears rolled down her face but she quickly wiped them away.

"I don't know where I'd be without Professor Dumbledore. He allowed me to live here, some of the teachers go home while others stay and plan schoolwork for the next year." Anissa looked at her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder "also, you've got a new friend. I never thought I'd want to be friends with a prefect, but I think it'd be fun!" She smiled widely at her.
She listened as she spoke. She didn´t blame her for thinking that she was a goody-two-shoes and maybe she was. She always abided by the rules, but she still had morals so if the rules conflicted with her morals... she just hoped she wouldn´t have to be in such a dilemma. She wasn´t heartless though. She wondered if she´d heard about her parents, but perhaps not. She put a comforting hand on her shoulder, when she sniffled. "I´m not sure they did. I mean... it´s complicated. But I´d be happy to play with you sometime. I like to sing," she said and blushed a bit.

"Professor Dumbledore is quite generous," she said and nodded slightly as though in agreement. She looked at her, when she put an arm around her shoulder and her smile grew and she placed her own arm on her shoulder as well. For a moment it almost seemed like there were tears in her eyes. She looked relieved and grateful. A chuckle escaped her lips, when she said that she never expected to become friends with a prefect. "Well, life can be surprising, and hey! I´m sure you know your way around Hogwarts, but I can help you with homework and give you tips!" She seemed really excited about that fact and pulled out her notebook and quill.

"I'm super excited for a few classes. Of course I can never pass Potions, Snape always has it out for everybody." She giggled nervously and put her arm down "Ollie tried throwing my homework into the lake just so I'd tell him a story, luckily I caught it" she said and laughed nervously.
"That´s professor Snape for ya," she said and shrugged. "The professor has always been bitter. As much as I like Potions and the low-tolerance for nonsense in his class, Snape is one of my least favorite professors. He abuses his power," she said and scrunched up her nose. It was one of her pet peeves, when someone abused their power, which is why she never did it herself. With great power comes great responsibility after all.

"Just don´t let him get to you and don´t give him a reason to humiliate you. I´ve personally been lucky enough to only have recieved a glare. But with your last name... well, let´s just say I heard him curse the name of Sirius Black the other day. So maybe that´s why he has it in for you," she suggested and wondered. Snape seemed to have a problem with just about anyone, except maybe the Slytherins. In his eyes they could rarely do anything wrong, though she was sure he wouldn´t hesitate to hex one if they made him look bad. But there were a few students that he was extra harsh with.

She looked at the little bowtruckle Ollie on her shoulder, when Anissa told her that he´d tried to throw her homework in the lake. A laugh escaped her lips and she smiled at Ollie. "Quite the troublemaker, are we?"

"That's what I'm most afraid off, honestly I don't even see how I'm related to Sirius Black, their whole family is Pure-blood and I'm Muggle-born." Anissa shrugged "it is what it is I guess." Anissa looked out at the lake and was lost in thought until Analia spoke again.

"Oh yes, he's very stubborn too" she smiled and Oliver looked up at her and blew her a tiny raspberry before sitting on the edge of the dock and swung his legs over. Anissa had a bad feeling when he did that so she grabbed him and put him on her shoulder "it makes me nervous when you do that Ollie, what if a Grindylow or something came up and took you? I could get in trouble for going down there and killing it just to get you back, just stay by me or Analia please" she said before looking down at her parchment and quill and then looked at Analia and smiled.
"However way you are related, I doubt that Snape cares. If you´re even the tiniest bit connected to one of his worst enemies, then he´s always gonna have it in for you I´m afraid," she said and frowned a bit. Snape was a mystery. He was quite honestly a Grinch! "But who cares, honestly?" She smiled at Anissa. "What matters is who you are. And what good does it do to worry about what other people think? We will always have both enemies and allies," she said wisely, in an attempt to reassure Anissa and make her see that she shouldn´t be ashamed of who she was.

She looked at Ollie and watched Anissa pick him up and put him on her shoulder. "I think he´s just living his best Bowtruckle life. Although putting yourself in danger is never a good idea," she laughed gently.

"I agree" she said and looked at her with a smile "and thanks, I needed to hear that." Anissa hugged her, not a lot of people have told her that, and if they had it hardly meant anything to her then besides a few people.
"Anytime," she said kindly and then looked towards the lake, where the Giant Squid was basking its tentacles around a bit, enjoying itself and splashing a bit of water on some poor individuals, who stood too close. Analia turned to Anissa again. "So what do you want to do now?" She seemed a bit excited and curious. She´d never had a friend like Anissa before, even though she was a bit older. And she wasn´t the type to usually hang out with people even if she did have a few friends. She usually kept to herself and walked alone.

"Have you met Myrtle? Her and I are good friends, even though she's a bit dramatic." She said and put her things into her bag and stood up, holding out a hand to her to help her up if she wanted. When Analia was up she decided to either visit Hagrid or Myrtle, depending on if she'd met Myrtle before or not.
She took Anissa´s hand and stood up. "I am familiar with the bathroom-ghost that is known as Moaning Myrtle. Though I don´t think I´ve talked much with her," she admitted. She thought about the times she passed by after Myrtle´s tantrums, where the water flooded the floor of the restroom and there was a giant puddle outside the door. "I´m not one for social calls," she also admitted. Analias Egyptian Mau, Nour, stood up and decided to follow them, patiently waiting for them to move. It liked to sit on Analia´s shoulder, but had apparently decided to walk on its own today. "Except for a few certain people of course! Like the groundskeeper. I´ve been helping him with some research," she said with a happy smile. She took out her notebook and showed Anissa a few pages, where something was scribbled down in neat hand-writing along with a few sketches of plants and herbs. She then placed her notebook back where it belonged and waited for Anissa to lead them somewhere. Whether it be Hagrid´s hut near the Pumpkin patch or Moaning Myrtle´s toilet.

Anissa decided to go visit Hagrid, and so she took the path to his hut. She smiled as Ollie hopped to her shoulder as she walked. Once they made it she knocked on the door "Hagrid?" She said.

Soon the door opened, and Hagrid showed his face "hey 'der Anissa. Good ter see ya, who's yer friend?" He asked and looked at Analia "ah, the Ravenclaw Prefect, good ter see ya again also. Come on in you two. I'm afraid we'll only have a few hours to talk before I gotta go" he said and moved out of the way for the two to get in.

As Anissa walked past him, Ollie jumped onto Hagrid "hey der Ollie" he said.
Evelyn had been keeping tabs on Darius, as well as Anissa. She had been strolling on the grounds when she saw Anissa and Analia talking. The young woman was happy that the two of them seemed to be talking over their misunderstanding. It had taken her some days to get into the swing of her new routine, she was still getting lost sometimes but trying not to be obvious about it. Learning the quirks and preferences of the teachers she was assisting had been something to get used to as well. Snape had been professional if bordering on curt at times.

She sat down to read close to one of the entrances, having tucked herself into a tree. Evelyn summoned up a comfortable chair just for the occasion, it looked out of place since it was outside but she'd vanish it away once they were done. The witch reasoned that the girls would take the path from Hagrid's hut back up to the castle entrance she had positioned herself near. Evelyn wanted to check up on them. She'd told her superiors of what had happened, and had told Professor McGonagall she would keep an eye on the situation. Humming to herself, looking serene, she kept an ear out for approaching footsteps even though it appeared she was lost in her book.

Using a charmed object, she could also listen to conversations that would normally be too far off for her to hear. Evelyn had not revealed this to the teachers. She didn't know how they would react to it. The young woman had intentions on listening for anything troublesome during conversations among students, wanting to try and spot problems before they started. She was listening in because she was nosy and wanted to keep an ear out for juicy gossip, too. Evelyn told herself that her intentions were noble . . . mostly. She looked up from her book to make casual conversation with students as they passed, many students found her to be more approachable. Some of them dropped little tidbits or told her about things they thought teachers couldn't be bothered with.

OOC
Sorry it took a bit to respond. This got buried under Trick or Treat stuff and some posts fell through the cracks, been playing catch up between that, work and family

((no worries ☺️ ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to Hogwarts!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus