Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to Hogwarts!

"Where are you headed?" Analia smiled curiously at Anissa. She hadn´t heard what had happened between her and Darius. She tried to sound cheerful, but she fiddled with her hands like she was nervous. She was still concerned. She had been so focused to get her and so relieved to find her, that she hadn´t noticed all the students gossiping about them.

Analia had stopped at the docks and looked at Anissa, who was only about 6 yards away from her. She stepped closer and looked her up and down, as though trying to make sure she was unscathed. She froze at her face, and Analia must have realized, because her expression changed and she walked over and grabbed her shoulders. "You´ve been crying," she said with concern in her voice. She could tell by Anissa´s slightly running nose, her shaking hands and the red cheeks. "It´s Darius, isn´t it? I won´t let him get to you. And remember what I told you before: no man is worth your tears," Analia said and tried to sound encouraging and soothing, but at the same time determined.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else?"

((Sorry if my reply is a bit short))
Anissa Griffis (played by Cherry_Red) Topic Starter

((it's all good, I was just about to shoot a message your way lol. Don't want this to die))

Anissa didn't bother hiding back or lying that she'd been crying because she was right. "It is Darius. Can we go to the beach? I just want to lay down in the sand and relax in the sun." She said and walked off the dock and went next to it and laid in the dry sand by the shore of waves of the lake.

"I was heading to class when he stopped me. He offered to end it all for me, all my suffering since no body wants me. If Professor McGonagall hadn't stopped him, he probably would've gone through with it. She put another protective shield around me, but said that other spells could still be powerful enough to break it and harm me. But she thinks before they get those spells that I'll have time to learn defensive spells. I hope she's right." She looked at Analia with a smile.

"I'm grateful that you're here, but I don't want you to get hurt because of me. I love you too much as a friend that if you got hurt then I would never forgive myself" she sighed and put her arm over her eyes. "McGonagall said it was good that I kept you close to me for support, but I don't want you to become a target" she said and sat up, dusting the sand out of her hair and robes before standing up.

"We shouldn't be friends" the words stung her as she said them and she fought back tears to make it sound like she was serious but failed. "I don't want to be friends" she said as tears fell down her face but showed no emotion.

She scooped up Oliver and started walking back to the castle, ignoring Analia after that. The only she could stop Anissa from walking away was hexing her, and that wasn't allowed. When she was sure Analia wasn't around, she started to run back to her dorm in sobs. She cared too much about Analia to watch her get hurt. This was for her own good, even if she was a Prefect. That didn't stop Darius before.

She set Oliver down on her trunk as she held her chest and sobbed into her pillow. She had officially given up. Maybe she should've let Darius end it all for her.

Oliver seemed to know what she was thinking and he crawled up to her ear and bit her "ow!" She yelped as she sat up and grabbed her ear where she was bleeding slightly "Oliver James Black!" She yelled his full name she'd given him.

His brows furrowed together and he crossed his arms.

"Okay I'm sorry, I shouldn't have thought that but that doesn't mean you get to bite people!" She said. "I just said a horrible thing to my only human friend! Darius is getting in the way of everything and there's no point anymore" she sobbed and curled into a ball while still sitting up.

((Lol, I wanna see what happens if Analia goes to talk to McGonagall about this and then just storms into the dorms and gives Anissa a piece of her mind lol XD))
Walking through the grounds always helped to clear her mind. She could hear the branches and leaves in the Forbidden Forest swaying in the light breeze that ran over the meadows and small rises of land. The young woman could hear the lake lapping against the shore nearby, her gaze scanning the waters for any creatures. She'd heard about them dwelling in the lake, but so far hadn't seen them. In the distance, she could see Analia and Anissa. From her position, on a small hill, she could see a boy that was spying on them from beyond some trees and bushes. The sound of the water nearby helped mask any noise he might make.

The witch frowned, wondering why he would be spying on the girls. She remembered the description of the boy that had thrown the orb with the hex in it at Anissa. He had been small and had dark hair, like this boy. Evelyn decided to question him before she saw Anissa running away from Analia and crying. She felt split between trying to find out more about Darius' schemes and offering support to the girls. The boy decided to run away at this time, and Evelyn approached Analia soon after Anissa had run off. "What happened?" she asked the Prefect, looking concerned. She'd approached from a different direction due to the scenic route she'd been taking, unable to intercept either the boy or Anissa.
((Sorry, we´ve had visitors over and I´ve caught a cold, so I haven´t been able to reply as quickly))

Analia had followed Anissa off the dock and stood beside her, but didn´t sit down. She had simply stood there, looking at her, while listening intentively to her story. Her brows furrowed a bit in concern and the more she heard, the more her thoughts churned in her head. She listened all the way to the end, and she was about to speak, about to say that McGonagall was hardly ever wrong and that she would be okay, but then she was cut off by Anissa. Anissa had voiced her concerns for Analia´s safety and said she would be better off if they weren´t friends. The words shocked Analia and they stung her really hard, rendering her completely speechless. How could she say something like that? How could she think they´d be better off? How could Anissa think it would be better to be alone?

Before Analia could do anything Anissa had got up and walked away, ignoring her. Analia was left to wonder what happened. She didn´t chase after her simply because she was too stunned to move or say anything. Perhaps also because she was hurt. It took a minute for her brain and heart to process the shock and when it did, she looked towards where Anissa had walked, but she was already gone. She could feel the tears pressing on, wanting to get out, but she held them back. She didn´t want to cry, because of a misunderstanding. She had to be strong. Anissa hadn´t really meant it after all... had she? Anissa HAD said that she didn´t want Analia to become a target and Analia had stood there like a fool doing nothing. Just listening. She should´ve told her off. Should´ve called her out on it and told her that Analia had most likely been a target almost from the beginning. She had stopped them after all and she had been targeted by other Slytherins, who hated the perfectly responsible Ravenclaw Prefect. She doubted Darius or anyone else would care if they were friends or not. He´d take his revenge either way.

She still stood there as she mulled these things over, her gaze still towards the path that lead to the castle, but her mind elsewhere. She was just staring into space, when Ms. Evelyn Johnstone approached her. It took her a moment to wake up and she didn´t even glance at the teacher´s assistant. Instead of her voice being in the usual calm and cheerful tone, it was now low and seemed indifferent. Like she didn´t care about anything else right now. Like her mind was occupied. She was upset. "That´s a good question..."

She usually always fiddled with her notebook and always moved somehow, but now she stood perfectly still without paying attention to her surroundings. She was calm and quiet. Too quiet. There was a long moment of silence before she lifted her head and looked at Ms. Johnstone, trying to force a smile. "She just decided not to be my friend anymore," she said with pain in her voice and started walking away.

((this is breaking my heart 😭))
Evelyn didn't try to stop Analia. Sometimes a person needed time alone. "I'm here if you need to talk," she offered as Analia walked away. She sighed to herself, not wanting to pry or intervene with the students with personal matters. Bullying was something to be curbed, but this was a matter between friends. The teacher's assistant felt sad for both girls.

The young woman started walking in the general direction of where the spying student had gone off to. There wasn't much she could do about an ended friendship, but she could try and find out more about this boy that had been spying on Anissa. It didn't take her long to find him, he had been going in the direction of the greenhouses. Once he thought he had a good hiding place among all the gardens, he had stopped running to catch his breath. Or so it seemed.

Using magic to hide herself, she waited to see what might happen. Evelyn thought he would be running back to the castle to report for Darius, but he lingered in the gardens long after he would have needed to in order to rest a bit. With the way he looked back and forth and the expectant look on his face, it was almost like he was looking for something. After a few moments Darius arrived, and the two of them started talking in low voices. She used the charm on her ear rings so that she could hear what they were saying to one another. The boy was speaking to Darius, " . . . told Analia she didn't want to be her friend anymore, that she could become a target . . . "
Through the entire walk towards the castle, Analia never spoke a word. She just seemed to stare into space ahead of her. Some students ran past her, but she didn´t turn her head or even blink. Part of her was probably still trying to process what happened and trying to figure out how to deal with the loss of a friend. Analia had only been her friend for a few days, but she was grateful and happy. And truth be told, Anissa had been her only real friend.

She rarely spoke to the other Ravenclaws and even when she did it was about school-things. They discussed homework and sometimes helped each other cram. Analia would take time out of her day to tutor those, who needed it. She spent a lot of time helping the first years find their way around, when they were lost, and patrolling the halls. She had a lot of responsibilites. Both as a Prefect and as a 5th year student. But all of those responsibilites suddenly seemed trivial. She had spent most of her life with her nose in a book. She had preferred solitude. But now she craved a friend more than anything. But maybe she wasn´t destined for it. She couldn´t force Anissa to be her friend after all, and she was offended by Anissa´s words as well as hurt. Did she not trust her? Analia was a 5th year and a Prefect and a damn good duelist. Did she not believe that she could hold her own against someone like Darius? Did she not think that Analia could fend for herself? And then she just dismissed her as a friend as though it was up to her. No. Analia had chosen to be Anissa´s friend. It had been her decision and not Anissa´s. Part of her wanted to storm into the Gryffindor common room and give her a piece of her mind.

But maybe she shouldn´t. And maybe she should. She was so confused and for the first time in her life, she didn´t know what to do, how to act. She could, of course, seek council from Filius Flitwick, the Ravenclaw Head of House. She decided to try and talk to him later, but for now she headed to the Ravenclaw Tower.

Anissa hadn't been seen in days, and it was starting to worry Professor McGonagall and the headmaster. All she did was lay in her bed in the dorms. Any Gryffindor who slept in there only went in there at night. Rumors had started spreading that she had run away into the forbidden forest but that wasn't true.

Oliver had gotten sick of her being in the state she was in and decided to go find Analia as well as hunt for some food. He walked the halls aimlessly, having no clue really as to where he was going. He tried to look for Analia, but had his mind set on bugs. He caught a few and ate them, but when he thought he saw Analia, he ran up and jumped onto her shoulder. He seemed to be sad too, and he wished he could tell her that Anissa didn't mean it because she didn't.

Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore went up to Anissa, bursting through the door. Anissa was laying in bed and she looked at them. McGonagall went over and picked the girl up by her shoulders, almost roughly. "What do you think you're doing? Throwing your life away? I won't stand for this, get up now, get some new clothes on. I demand it Anissa! I won't tolerate this behavior at all" she exclaimed.

"Now now professor, that's no way to speak to a student. She fragile right now, let me talk to her please." Dumbledore said.

McGonagall huffed and went to stand outside the dorm, shutting the door.

"Anissa dear, what's going on?" He asked. Of course he already knew what was going on, but he wanted to hear her speak first.

"Darius, he offered to end my life for me since no one wants me. I-I hurt Analia, I shouldn't have but I care so much about her that I don't want her to get hurt. She hates me now and I don't want to see anybody. I just want to go home and be normal again" she said and cried.

"There there dear, now listen. If you truly wish to go home where you are safer and wish to pretend you are a muggle then I cannot stop you, but consider this. If you hadn't come here would you have ever met your companion Oliver? Or ever have met me? Or McGonagall? Hogwarts offers you a lot of opportunities Anissa. Whether it be friendship, skills, or anything else, Hogwarts is a place for you to stay. I know times are hard right now, but I will do everything I can to keep you and your friends safe, that I can promise you Anissa. You needn't worry about such things, you're still so young. Let the old man worry about these alright?" He smiled softly at her.

She laughed softly and she started to cry again "come now" he said and opened his arms to her. She went into them and hugged him tightly. "Thank you Headmaster" she said and sniffled.

He pulled away "now get yourself cleaned up and go find your friend, I'll have a chat with Darius and the rest of Slytherin if I must. I must also ask the other professors to keep an eye out for both of you and make sure you are separate at all costs." He stood up and left.

Anissa got herself cleaned up. She hadn't eaten in a while and wanted to go get something to eat. She started walking around the castle, looking around everywhere for people. Then she realized that Oliver was missing and panicked "Oliver?" She asked and started running around to try and find him. "Oliver!"

Hearing his name he decided to not call out to her, she was far enough anyways that if Analia didn't want to go see her then he would just stick with her, plus he wasn't sure if Analia heard his name being called out or not since he had better hearing than most.
Lucky for Oliver Analia was walking to the Great Hall at the moment, so she was close by.

Lately she had been focused on her studies. She had tried a few times to talk to Anissa, but every time she came close, she ran away. She had been left with so many doubts. If Anissa didn´t want to be her friend, she wouldn´t force her. So she had decided to focus on her studies. She could not afford to fall behind or goof around. Not with the O.W.L´s coming and what-not, and classes weren´t exactly getting any easier.

She had a few books under her arms as she walked. Suddenly she felt something on her shoulder and gasped for a moment, startled. She stopped only a brief second to look and saw Oliver. "Oh! Ollie!" Her lips curved up in a kind smile and she slowly continued walking. "Fancy seeing you here. It´s been a while," she said to the Bowtruckle. Because there were so many people milling about and because she was talking to Oliver, she didn´t hear Anissa cry out for him, and she did not stop. If Anissa could get through the crowd she wouldn´t have any problems catching up.

"I hope you´re doing okay, Ollie," she said sweetly, inquiring about his well-being. Just at that moment there was a pidder-padder of feet, paws on the castle floor. Nour had caught up and walked beside her, but there were so many people almost stepping on her tail, so she decided to leap up onto Analia´s unoccupied shoulder. She kissed Analia on the cheek and meowed at Oliver as way of greeting. Analia gave her a gentle pet and a hello and kept walking.

Oliver smiled and nuzzled her cheek softly and waved at Nour when she caught up and hopped onto Analia's other shoulder. Oliver wanted to tell Analia that Anissa didn't mean what she said and just wanted to explain but didn't know how. 'Write it' he thought and got excited, patting Analia's cheek urgently.
Evelyn remained so quiet and still that bugs and birds flitted about her, not seeming to realize she was there. A butterfly landed on her shoulder, she could feel the slightest breeze from the flapping of bright wings before it took flight again. A small distance away, she could hear Darius trying to wheedle more information out of the young boy. Apparently, his name was Kyle. "Surely there is something else that you heard or saw around Anissa. Or someone. I'm sure she had help in dodging that contained spell. Think!"

The witch's eyes went wide, but that was her only movement. She stopped herself from even inhaling too sharply. Kyle paused, looking down and kicking at the dirt, hands in his pockets. Darius stood over him, glaring down at the younger, smaller boy. Kyle's mop of dark brown hair fell over his eyes, she could see that he had freckles. "She has been talking with that teacher's aide, Ms. Johnstone. And she has a bowtruckle, that is her pet and a close friend." Darius paced back and forth, telling Kyle to keep an eye on Anissa, and to meet him again here at the same time in three days. He left without another word.

Kyle lingered for a time, looking guilty before he walked on as well. Evelyn pondered over what she had seen for a time before she started a slow walk back to her office. A light rain started, but she used magic to ward against it and keep herself dry so she could continue her leisurely pace. She needed some time to think. Darius had some plan in mind, she was sure of it. The witch needed to tell McGonagall about this, even if she had to reveal the charmed earrings that had allowed her to eavesdrop in the first place.
Analia stopped shy of the door to the Great Hall, because she noticed Oliver eagerly patting her cheeks for her attention. "Huh? What is it? You want to show me something?"
She watched the little Bowtruckle in question, awaiting his response and wondering about what he wanted to show her. It was clearly very important. Nour seemed to notice something was up as well and lifted her head curiously. "Mrow?"

She patted Nour´s head gently without taking her eyes off the Bowtruckle. She stepped away from the door so others could slip past her. Anissa´s Bowtruckle had wanted her company it seemed and now he seemed even more desperate for her attention. She could see that he was trying to tell her something. He seemed very excited about it, and he looked much like someone, who had a plan, so she listened. She was still unaware that Anissa was running around nearby, looking for her friend and companion. She was also unaware of what was going on in a different part of the castle, a sneaky deal being made...

Anissa had begun to panic and began hyperventilating because she couldn't find Ollie. Had she been that bad of a friend to him that he'd run off? It didn't seem like Oliver at all. Eagerly she hoped that Darius hadn't taken him.

Oliver struggled to speak but all he could muster out was "paaper." It was clear he couldn't really speak much but he needed paper. Little did he know his life was in danger, as a little boy, the one from earlier, grabbed the Bowtruckle and ran off to the end of the hall and took a right, quickly handing him to Darius and running, knowing he'd be followed. Darius hid behind a pillar with a smirk on his face.

When he was alone, he opened his hand to see the Bowtruckle who was now shaking out of his wits. Darius grabbed him tightly and squeezed a bit, hurting him and making it so he struggled to breath. "You're mine now little Bowtruckle" he chuckled and tied him up with a cloth and stuck him in his pocket inside his robes and went to the Great Hall to meet with the rest of Slytherin.
Evelyn could only think of warning both Analia and Anissa. In the back of her mind, she wondered if this might help bring the girls back together, but really she just wanted to try and prevent anything happening to either Analia or Oliver. She walked quickly, sweeping past students, looking for both of the girls. She had to warn them before Darius could do anything. Evelyn also had to talk to Professor McGonagall.

She didn't think that things would happen so quickly, or she might have acted to intercept both boys before anything else could happen. Evelyn did not have as much authority as a Professor when it came to the students, and she was also worried she might seem biased because of the time she had spent with Anissa. The teacher's aide was relieved whenever she came across Analia. She was so happy to have found her quickly that she didn't notice Kyle running off in the distance. "Analia! I'm so pleased to have found you. Darius is still up to something, you need to be careful and look out for yourself. He's going to be targeting Anissa's friends next. I know that Anissa cares for you, in spite of what she said earlier," the words came out in a rush.
Analia heard Oliver´s words and went for her notebook in her pocket, pulling it out, when suddenly a boy violently snatched Oliver from her shoulder and ran away.

At that moment Ms. Johnstone appeared, talking to her. It was a warning, but Analia did not have time to hear it. "I´m sorry, Ms. Johnstone, I´ve got a friend to save," she rushed out as she started running after the boy. She didn´t want to fall behind and she still had him in sight.

"Get back here!" She screamed at him as she sprinted down the hall through the crowd. She ran and ran, but when she finally reached the corridor she had seen him in, he was nowhere to be found. She stopped for a moment, panting and gasping for breath. She looked around frantically for the boy, who had stolen her friend´s companion. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and considered her next move. She stood there for a moment - without realizing Darius was hiding close by - and decided to walk back to the Great Hall where she´d been when it happened. Perhaps she could speak to Ms. Johnstone and tell her what happened.

Oliver was shaking as he was stuffed inside Darius' pocket. Anissa came around the corner of the great Hall "have you guys seen Ollie? I was in my room and he just disappeared and now I'm worried about him. Analia have you seen him?" Anissa was completely worried and was almost frantic to find her companion.

Darius walked by Anissa and showed her the Bowtruckle in a glimpse of his pocket and her face went red. "Darius you give him back now!" Anissa shouted at him and pointed her wand at his throat and made him walk backwards until he hit the wall.

"What are you talking about! Professor this girl is going to attack me!" Darius yelled, playing innocent.

"I saw my friend in your pocket, now give him back. You've already hurt me enough, don't take my best friend." Anissa almost begged.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about." Darius smirked.

Oliver moved around in the pocket. Anissa tightened her wrist as she kept her wand strong on Darius' neck, as she used her other hand to reach into the pocket and take out Oliver. Then she put her wand down and punched Darius in the face "don't ever touch him again!" Anissa yelled and Darius started to cry "I'm telling my father!" He said and ran away.

Anissa hugged Oliver but was soon later greeted by professor McGonagall. "Punching a student Miss Black is a serious offense. You will join Hagrid tomorrow in detention as well as losing ten points for your house." She said and walked away.

Anissa didn't care, she was just glad to have Oliver back, then she turned and looked at Analia and smile softly.
Evelyn felt torn between running after Analia and casting spells to help her, and remaining professional and objective. She decided it would be best to tell Professor McGonagall of what was happening. The witch went to the Great Hall, wanting to try and intervene and see if she could help.

She arrived in time to see Anissa punch Darius, something that made her want to laugh. She did think that the bully deserved it, especially when she saw Oliver come out of his pocket. The young woman managed to pass off her snicker as a cough, straightening herself. She frowned upon seeing that Anissa had lost some House points, but it was only ten and Professor McGonagall had to be firm and fair after all. Really, it could have gone much worse.

People were already talking about what had happened and spreading rumors. Students whispered to one another behind their hands, others spoke openly and pointed. "Are you girls alright?" she asked when she reached the pair, looking to the bowtruckle to see if he was in one piece. "Who knows what that ba-" she caught herself before she cursed in front of students, "that boy will try to do next."

Anissa nodded "we're okay, I just gotta keep a better eye on him. Analia can we talk in the astronomy tower after dark tonight?" Anissa asked her softly. "I can ask the professor if he'd let us have a sleep over in the tower" she said. "Here, I trust with him, besides I've got a lot to do" Anissa said and handed Ollie off to Analia again and hugging her tightly before running off. First going to the professor to ask and he agreed. Next she went to Hagrids and they chatted for a bit considering she'd see him tomorrow, then she went to the study room in one of the corridor's and did her homework.
There was a lot of chaos. So many things were happening and there were so many people that Analia found it hard to keep up and focus. She´d made it back, when Anissa approached her and asked about her missing companion. Analia - embarrassed about her failed attempt to rescue him - was about to tell her what happened, when Darius walked by and Anissa was distracted.
"Anissa I-"
She was cut off as Anissa ran towards Darius at the speed of light and a minute later punched him so hard in the face that he fell backwards. Analia gasped and clasped her hand over her mouth. She didn´t know how to react. As a prefect she should scold her and keep an eye on her, but as a friend she was on her side. She understood why she acted the way she did.
Thankfully she didn´t have to make a decision as Evelyn Johnstone and Professor McGonagall approached her. She felt bad, when Anissa recieved the detention and lost housepoints, but she understood why it had to be done. Anissa probably didn´t seem too worried.

Analia looked at her quizzically and then returned the smile. She nodded.
"Sure, I´ll be there," she agreed and took Ollie, when she handed him over. "I promise I´ll take care of him. I won´t lose him again," she promised and hugged her friend back.

She looked at Ollie in her hand and smiled softly. "Are you okay, little guy? I´m so sorry for not taking better care of you and for not being able to reach you," she said to the Bowtruckle, hoping he would forgive her. "Oh, and there was something you wanted to tell me, I believe?"

The Bowtruckle smiled and shook his head. He kissed her cheek before going into her pocket and falling asleep since the poor guy was exhausted.

Anissa was able to somehow convince the professor to let the two girls sleep in his tower and so she sent an owl to Analia, letting her know that it was okay. Anissa then hurried to get snacks and get the tower set up for them to sleep in. Plus she felt like she needed to talk to Analia some more.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Welcome to Hogwarts!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus