Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Weirdest Dreams?

I'm just curious, what is the WEIRDEST dream you've had so far? I know I personally get a lot of funky and vaguely concerning ones, so I'm curious if anybody else's brain has also gone to the kook zone and made up something weird.

My oddest was probably the random zombie disease. Like, it literally did nothing except turned your eyes grey-green and yet there was a national emergency, and for some reason some people could free roam with it and others were locked in a garage. I dunno, it was REALLY weird, though. And they turned the wifi off because of it despite the lack of correlation...it was definitely funky.

So, has anybody else had a weird af dream?
ChebaBeesting

Ooof, I can't really recall of my most recent dream, but there is this rather strange one I've had several years ago. So: back in primary school, I've had this dream that I was in 4th grade and went to a children's theatre with my class. However, there was a bomb located in the theatre, so we had to evacuate. Now this part is where it gets weirder: there was music and people danced around as they evacuated, there were also mice from some claymation cartoon I've watched as a kid, heck there was even my uncle's dog which danced with others! Then there was a part where I've kept falling off of the stairs which were actually spiral car road thingies for toy cars, and there was a matress of some kind below it.
Oh lord, I’ve had many. I think my most memorable dream was that my family and I were driving home from some unnamed vacation and on the way home I saw a hotel with an epic water park outside of it. Like with mermaid animatronics that worked as fluidly as the Na’vi one in Pandora as Disney (this dream was way before Pandora, but just to give you an idea) and pirates and pirate ships and slides...It was wild.

Somehow, I convinced my mom to let us spend the night there. We go to the water park and bam! We’re all separated. No big deal, because it’s awesome! I happen upon a maze that’s basically underwater, and I choose to swim through it to try and find the treasure that was said to be in the middle. About halfway through, the maze, all the water drains out. The walls rise much higher than their original height. And then all of a sudden, these...I think the word is geishas...just appear on top of the wall and start singing some weird song. It was in no language I recognized. Then the next thing I know, one appears beside me and tells me I’m going to play a game with her.

And then I woke up. Blessedly, in my opinion. It got scary, very quickly. But...yeah. Brains are capable of weird my dudes.
I dunno what my all-time weirdest dream is... but...

I just had a dream I was in a lost episode of Stargate SG-1.

Things got pretty dire, but I managed to survive by somehow console hacking reality and putting myself in noclip mode.
I have weird dreams all the time. Often they shift from one thing to another. Generally when I'm stressed or nervous is when I have the weird ones. A few months ago I remember one where I was in the restroom in a big office building and had a job interview. I flushed the toilet and it began to overflow and I was really worried I wouldn't get the job so I pretended like I didn't notice. The toilet continued to flood the bathroom and gradually the entire building flooded. I was so worried that I would be in trouble that I went out to my car and drove off and skipped out on the interview.
I must find something about toilets and bathrooms unsettling. They're a common denominator in a lot of my scarier dreams...

But oh boy, weird dreams! I don't dream as much as I used to, but I kind of hope to have one every night, and I always hope it's an adventure.

The strangest one in recent memory involved a Northwest-livery Bombardier CRJ400 aircraft-- weirdly specific, I know, but I imagine this was because I used to fly on them frequently, although by the time I had this dream it had been years since my last flight-- and I've gained a bit of a reputation at work for the bizarre nature of a lot of the stories I tell, this one included:

Trigger warning? (Suicide)
Basically, I spent the entirety of this dream trying to talk this CRJ400 craft out of committing suicide. And it was a straight plane through and through-- there was very little anthropomorphization to speak of, except for the unspoken understanding that it had a conscience. It wasn't even capable of speech, or emoting in any real way... but it was trying to hang itself by its tail with a noose, as if that would suffocate it somehow? Who knows, but I was ultimately successful and it lowered itself.

As a result, a coworker has taken to jokingly giving me crap about me being some kind of "airplane whisperer." I'm never living it down.
FlamingPsycho Topic Starter

saltfactory wrote:
I must find something about toilets and bathrooms unsettling. They're a common denominator in a lot of my scarier dreams...

But oh boy, weird dreams! I don't dream as much as I used to, but I kind of hope to have one every night, and I always hope it's an adventure.

The strangest one in recent memory involved a Northwest-livery Bombardier CRJ400 aircraft-- weirdly specific, I know, but I imagine this was because I used to fly on them frequently, although by the time I had this dream it had been years since my last flight-- and I've gained a bit of a reputation at work for the bizarre nature of a lot of the stories I tell, this one included:

Trigger warning? (Suicide)
Basically, I spent the entirety of this dream trying to talk this CRJ400 craft out of committing suicide. And it was a straight plane through and through-- there was very little anthropomorphization to speak of, except for the unspoken understanding that it had a conscience. It wasn't even capable of speech, or emoting in any real way... but it was trying to hang itself by its tail with a noose, as if that would suffocate it somehow? Who knows, but I was ultimately successful and it lowered itself.

As a result, a coworker has taken to jokingly giving me crap about me being some kind of "airplane whisperer." I'm never living it down.

That is probably the best dream I've ever heard mentioned on here. Kudos to you, my airplane whispering friend!
Most recently, I was in an overcrowded grocery store and got so irritated at all the people in my way that I just started throwing elbows. Nobody was going to stand between me and the frozen foods aisle. It felt so realistic that when I woke up I had to take a second and remember it didn't happen lmao
I've had this dream twice, but the last time I had it was a few years ago, so it's very blurry BUT:

Santa was in my house and also evil. At one point he ate my cat, so I pushed him on the couch and started jumping up and down on his stomach trying to get him to puke up my cat.

Every time I bounced on his stomach he'd squeak like a squeaky toy...

I remember little, if anything else about it, but I do know that this was the weirdest part of the entire dream lol
I actually have a whole twitter thread about my weirdest dream WHEEZE
If you're interested - https://twitter.com/Mejasoulfruit/status/1195735658888933377 . Basically Fungus Infested Justin McElroy chased me around my school and tried to kill me??? (cw - a lot of swearing bc im just like that )

More recently I started to fade out in class and I had a dream I got into the shower, but then the bell rung and I heard it in my dream. I panicked and cursed myself for getting into the shower so close to the bell.
My weirdest dream to date? Buckle in folks, it's going to be a long ride.

I was on a train going through the desert, Ziva David from NCIS was there with me. We were actually sitting on top of the train when all of a sudden zombies running on all fours start chasing after the train. They jump up onto the roof a few cars down from us and start running in our direction. Ziva then turns to this large metal container beside her and presses a few buttons on it, and some smaller draw-like compartments near the bottom start making noises. At this point, the Zombies are forming a line in front of me, while I hold my hand up to them - telling them to wait.

One of the compartment draws open and reveals sweetcorn on the inside. I let the first zombie go forward and he proceeds to eat the sweetcorn like a dog would do out of their food bowl. The next draw opens, and the next zombie is allowed to eat his sweetcorn. This goes on for a few minutes before this loud roaring fills the air and a T-Rex starts running after the train. He too manages to jump on top of the train, without managing to break it, and patiently waits his turn to be fed his sweetcorn. If there are any oneirologist out there, have fun making sense of that XD
I’ve had some pretty weird dreams about ghosts looking through the windows of my room..... while I’m sleeping. It’s strange because my bed faces the windows and there is always something drifting there, threatening to kill me.

That, or they stare. It’s kinda creepy.
Hoo boy, have I just had an odd dream...

collapsed because it might cause body-horror discomfort, but it's still fairly SFW

So the main premise of the dream seemed to be me being pregnant with someone else's baby (though some weird form of transference, I guess)... only for some reason, the baby was only skin-deep... and toddler-sized... and all of it's limbs were fairly obvious through the skin... and it moved and squirmed around a lot in a really creepy way... needless to say it was really uncomfortable. Eventually I managed to persuade its mother to take it back through some magical means, and... well she had to deal with the same situation.

That was the first time I've ever had a dream like that before... and I haven't a clue what prompted it, but I don't think I ever want to dream about that again.
It's more of disturbing than weird dream, but still weird...but I dreamed that I was *shivers while thinking it* making out with the Joker (He looks so creepy and disgusting, no offense for Joker fans out there. He's cool but not my type), and we had triplet babies that have his face like baby-body, joker-head. *shivers some more* Never wanna dream that again.
HibariHaru013 wrote:
It's more of disturbing than weird, but still weird...but I dreamed that I was *shivers while thinking it* making out with the Joker (He looks so creepy and disgusting, no offense for Joker fans out there. He's cool but not my type), and we had triplet babies that have his face like baby-body, joker-head. *shivers some more* Never wanna dream that again.
Wow...that would also give me shivers both thinking and having such a dream... *Shivers a bit violently*

Anyway I did have a weird dream last night...well it got a bit weird in the end before I suddenly woke up to go to the bathroom... I wish I could remember it, but my mind is drawing a complete blank... A little slightly off-topic, but I do have a very impressive track record of having the most amazing and fun dreams, like I'm a walking dream catcher (It's also why I made my username).
ForeverDreamer wrote:
Anyway I did have a weird dream last night...well it got a bit weird in the end before I suddenly woke up to go to the bathroom... I wish I could remember it, but my mind is drawing a complete blank... A little slightly off-topic, but I do have a very impressive track record of having the most amazing and fun dreams, like I'm a walking dream catcher (It's also why I made my username).

BIG BWAADDUUHHHH TT.TT
HibariHaru013 wrote:
BIG BWAADDUUHHHH TT.TT
LITTLE SISTERRERR *hugs*
Ever had a dream of being a floating pink monkey before?

And been considered a Jedi, even though 1) you're on Earth and 2) Not old enough in the dream to even really be a padawan? (Especially when your only companion in the dream is another child >.<...)

And found yourself on a mission in one of the most politically-controversial conflicts in the world at present?
Rogue-Scribe

Posted by Flaming Psycho on December 6 2019...
FlamingPsycho wrote:
I'm just curious, what is the WEIRDEST dream you've had so far? I know I personally get a lot of funky and vaguely concerning ones, so I'm curious if anybody else's brain has also gone to the kook zone and made up something weird.

My oddest was probably the random zombie disease. Like, it literally did nothing except turned your eyes grey-green and yet there was a national emergency, and for some reason some people could free roam with it and others were locked in a garage. I dunno, it was REALLY weird, though. And they turned the wifi off because of it despite the lack of correlation...it was definitely funky.

So, has anybody else had a weird af dream?

That was somewhat prophetic actually.

Just had a weird dream. It was one of those vivid, very memorable ones. It had to do with RP too. I somehow fell into a stargate-like thing that swapped me with one of my characters. I was in the character’s world and I was now being written by my character! It only lasted for ten minutes but I then figured how to use the gate to swap myself with a character of my choosing. Epic Week Much??? Too weird!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Weirdest Dreams?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus