Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favourite song?

I think my all time favorite would have to be this gem

But my current jam is

Katie Herzig

Novus

Currently this song, but it'll change in three seconds so.

I used to play the trumpet. Was first chair, too. I was proud of that. I blew a lot of hot air.
JetStorm wrote:
Every song in the Greatest Showman

Yeap! I agree 🀩
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Four Strong winds by Neil Young for a special freind who i had conversations from morning to evening with.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Four Strong winds by Neil Young for a special freind who i had conversations from morning to evening with.
Rogue-Scribe

It's always hard for me to choose a favourite...

But for a while, 3 songs have generally shared the top of my list. None of them are metal, despite that being my favourite genre...

'Untouchable' by Anathema

Some beautiful prog rock from a band that started out doing doom metal. It's really reflective and almost haunting, and always sends shivers down my spine. Ultimately, it's about love and loss and how love transcends beyond the current life.

Once you get a taste for the lyrics, it's almost impossible not to sing along to part 2.

'Wide Open' by The Chemical Brothers (ft. Beck)

An electronic piece. Very soft for a Chemical Brothers song. Trypophobia warning on the video. It's most certainly a song with themes of vulnerability, love and doubt. The lyrics allude to someone opening themselves up in their relationship, and finding that doing so is making them less desirable to their partner, at least as far as I can fathom.

'Hajimari no Hi' by Suga Shikao (ft. Mummy-D)

A funk song with an optimistic-sounding melody about eloping. Escaping together and finding somewhere new.

ALSO...

I play (and compose for) piano/keyboard. I also mess around with an otamatone, but even played correctly, that thing can hardly be called a pleasant-sounding instrument XD. I dabble with kalimba and ocarina, but the ocarina is too loud for my living arrangements to really practice with and the kalimba is in a fixed key, so it's tricky finding things to play with it, especially if they have accidentals in their score.
if we're going with favorite as of this particular moment, it's probably this one:
In your head, rival and cadmium

The voice in the back of my head
The choices that we cant forget
The poison we take with regret
Rejoice, cause they havent found you yet

But if we're talking more generally, the song that has been my favorite for the most time recently is probably this:
Evil Ghost, Endgame

You've got me on my knees
Worn out and paralyzed
Take the emotions out of me
Until I fade before your eyes
Full of apathy, the walls come crashing down
A bearer of agony, take the lead
I will serve you now

And just for good measure, a couple songs which have been one of my favorites for a very, very long time:
ULTRAnumb, Blue Stahli

Narcissistic cannibal, cover by Earlyrise
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Wedding song by bob dylan planet waves.β€πŸ’˜πŸ’πŸ’–πŸ’‹πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎ
I don't really have an all time favourite but my current favourite is... basically Teddy Hyde's entire sock-footed album, i can't just choose one, their all too damn good XD
nindyaru

Weird Genius ft. Sara Fajira - Lathi

just discovered this song and it gave me some new ideas for character development and background story of my goddess original character, Love, lol

I used to play violin and electone when I was a kid.
Well my favorite song is Dynasty by Miia. Its a top break up song and nice for some drama or death scenes (my head is full of imagination) anyhow, i was introduced to the song via a random playlist i was listening after my boyfriend dumbed mee and i immediately fell in love with it. You should totally go listen to it
random knowlege: i play violin xD
Depends on mood, largely, but my favorite song when I need motivation is this one;

LakotaSiouxWarrior

Like a hurricaine by neil young

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favourite song?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus