Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

He opened the slip of paper and started reading it. " Your not wearing the cloak anyway so I would not worry about that..." He was distant for a moment then his eyes got wide." He found the missing Esperaunce family?"

Kai nodded with grace and flair. " That he did. Now the real treat is the boy supposedly has information vital to you two and..." He shifted his longma out of their way. " He has the same illness as Nasr but without the Luminaries magic to keep it hidden"

Nasr looked over at Shinigami and nodded. They wasted too much time already. He spurred his longma into a run. The creature swift enough he hoped to leave Borealis behind.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

He followed along, “we didn't ask her if she really had a cure. Well good thing I kept her alive for stuffs like this”, he said to nasr then look back to see Kai then turned back to him, “ so you just took my piece away from them. What was the price?”

The price...He tried to keep a stoic expression as he remembered what he did. " I was the price." He said as he raised his hand towards his heart. The pain still lingered inside him.
" Yeah....good thing she is still alive....you said even I was not cured..." He rode on in silence for a bit before looking over to Shinigami. " Tell me the truth. Do you really like that Luminary?"

“I don’t hate them. People are both good and bad. Even the purest of all”, he said then looked over to him, “Russo you really exchange your life for mine. Well that was dumb good think we destroy the boards”

He thought about for the answer for some time. Perhaps it was element that turned them evil to him or what they did. His thoughts drifted to the white room and his tattered dream form. " I guess you are right but that does not mean I will trust them. About the boards...?"
He looked towards the lush forest that they would be heading into. " The game is far from over"

“So they still have your piece in hand. What else was there. Tell the the whole detail. What place was my piece in”, he asked and took out his notebook

" Yeah, they do" He closed his eyes as he recalled every detail. " I pulled your piece off the board for the city we just left. They wanted you to fall prey to...what was it, Glira?" He opened his eyes again and directed the longma into the forest. " There were boards for every city, layed out in the same structure of the Elements....the shape of an eye...." He shook his head to clear the fog that was trying to claim it. " In every city was a single piece similar to yours but I cannot remove them unless I am at that exact city"

“Similar to mine. Well that is just bad. We need to warn them we detroayed the game for now so that means they will have to get the pieces again which would be hard. How do they even get the pieces”, he said letting his long a follow nasr.

His lips pulled back in a distressed grin as he tapped his talon over his heart. No piece was conjured this time. " Once on a single board the pieces seem to be....shared. No, more accurately illusions are created. My piece will become real to the next Luminaries once we set foot into their city"
He looked at the map drawn to find the missing Esperaunces. " I agree that the others need to be warned. Just one quick detour so you can have more info in that book of yours"

“More info”, he asked with his his eyes lit up like a child tha heard candy, “so the luminaries control people?”, he asked confused now

Nasr chuckled when he saw the light in his friend's eyes. " Yes, to both your questions" He pointed at him now. " And THAT'S why I quit playing the game"

The forest was so thick now that it was nearly pitch black. Being of the dark element, Nasr could still see. In the distance was a small, humble house a bit overgrown but still in good condition. " There it is"

“Ok”, he said stoping his horse and got down, “ so what are the details of this visit again.”

Nasr slowed his longma down and had it walk up to the house before getting off. " They are supposed to have important info"

He walked up to the door and knocked. The wood sounded as solid as it looked. Soon the door opened and standing within was a sickly pale 17 year old with sapphire hair and black dragon horns that overlapped. " Guests?"

Nasr nodded though he cringed at what he saw. Was this truly the same illness? " Yes, Drayce sent us. Said you had valuable info"
The boy's eyes turned a bright blue as he stepped aside. " Come in and make yourselves comfy"

He walked over to them aftter setting the horse down, he looked at the boy and went inside. Something was different, “whsts your name?”, he asked the boy after going inside

" Yuuma" He said as he led them to the living room. " Yuuma Esperaunce of the night element"

Nasr noticed the house smelled more like an apothecary. It made sense if they had been searching for a cure. He sat down in one of the chairs and looked around the place. " I take it this info is related to why you and your family vanished. Where are they?"

Yuuma gestured towards the door. " They are gathering herbs at the moment. It's for the best. They would not be happy with a Valera here" He vanished into a room for a bit then returned with a box made of moonstone, a single eye on it's lid. " Yes, the info is linked to my family vanishing. Before I say more can I get you two anything?"

Nasr closed his eyes tightly. They were supposed to get fish after.

“No we are fine. And your family will be happy to see us”, he said taking off his hood, “after all we are walking for the same goal here”, he said then took his notebook and a pen out, “tellme, when did it first start”

Being of the night element, Yuuma recognized the light and dark that Shinigami held. He smiled at him as he sat down. " My family left before I was old enough to remember anything. The reasons they gave me were vague though they always said to stay out of the city"
He set the box down on the coffee table and held his hand over the top. A silvery light emanated from his hand, unlocking the box.

" I fell ill a week after they fled the city. We have found no cure and it's slowly killing me" Despite what he said, he continued to smile. " My powers are greater than what my family imagined and the secrets they tried to keep from me I now know" He opened the box now and started to dig inside.

He pulled out a surprisingly large amulet that held the shape of an eye yet was separated into elements like the city. " You will need this later but note it's design" He pointed to each segment in turn.
Nasr leaned forward to see. What he saw nearly paralyzed him. " That's the same set up as the Shulgir boards..."
" Exactly" Yuuma said gently. " It is their grand design. One city for each element. They are combined now but if you Valra start paying close attention you will see that there is always one element that is never offered to you. One element that you are never hired to kill"

“Darkness?”, he asked knowing the answer would be wrong, “but we need to destroy those things. Abiotic this power of yours, tell me, how many times do you lose control of yourself and how many times do you feel weakened”

Yuuma's chuckle was as gentle as his disposition. " Well you're right for one city. The city you just left actually allows the fire element to live"

He slid the amulet over to Shinigami. " Destroy the towers. We can rebuild proper towers later. This amulet is needed to get into the final tower. Be careful there for I have foreseen a most grave trial for you two"

Nasr looked over at Shinigami, concerned about what this trial may be.
Yuuma reached into the box again as he thought about the other questions. " I lose control of myself atleast once everyday now. Thankfully I can still fight in my dreams. My weakness is constant though..." He reached up to his nose after a couple drops of blood fell. " Forgive me it seems the illness is taking it's toll again" He got up and walked into the kitchen.
Nasr instinctively reached up to his own nose. " It hurts doesn't it and you pass out if you do too much"
Yuuma looked over at them as he bit into a bundle of herbs and nodded.

I need you Beth to show me your true form please, of its not too much to ask”, he asked them both looking at them, “i have a small theory, but I’m going to need your support on it”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus