Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

He took the locket and put it on. "Nice. This will definitely help" He was sure he would use it if a fight actually broke out. " Time to get answers then" He looked at the circle wondering what it was for.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

“Fireworks”, he said standing up, “let’s go”, he said walking into the city. He made sure he used shadows to get close to the tower, “you ready?”

" I'm more than ready. Let's go" He followed eagerly though much ran through his mind.
Somewhere in that tower, each Luminary awaited their guests in their appropriate areas.

The circle activated and sent a streak of light into the air, “no person, get me into the tower using darkness then we split from there. You studied the map right?”,

" Yeah, I did. The only place unknown is the top" He reached out to grab Shinigami's shoulder. Darkness swirled around them until they were no more.

The place that they appeared in was not where Nasr was trying to go. Something redirected him and now they stood in the middle of a massive room, though hard to tell what it was used for.
The floor held massive panels of gold that looked like glass. Veins of normal gold crept up the walls in an elegant design and no lights were visible due to the nature of the stone.

" We are already being toyed with" He said as he looked around. " We need up higher"

“Ok”, he said then gathered a lot of light energy into his hand and blasted it through the door, “ let’s go. Guess there’s no use being silent”, he said taking out a smoke bomb.

He loved what Shinigami could do with light. Wasting no time, he ran out the annihilated door and into what seemed to be an endless, spiral hall. " This makes it easy for now"

He looked at everything, “nah I dont feel like it”, he said then sat down. He positioned his finger on the floor and began to input some of his light energy into it little by little almost none could notice

" Don't feel like-" When he stopped and turned around, he found a wall behind him. The hall and room had vanished leaving him alone. " We were supposed to part ways but this is ridiculous...."

Slowly he turned back around. Disbelief and annoyance filled his mind, weren't the top floors supposed to be the only ones that shifted? A room with many doors was before him now. Which to choose and was the tower changing for Shinigami too?

“Ok witch, come out before I come find you myself”, he said getting tired of the games. He knew they were in a trap and had a suspect in mind, “can you hear me Nasr?”

Sensual laughter echoed through the room. " Witch? That's not a very nice thing to say, dear" Light gathered at the far end of the room gathered into a ball and held a vague shape. When it cleared a pearl throne in the shape of a peacock had appeared.
The Luminary sat elegant and proud with her feet hidden behind the tail feathers. No more was her fine and feathered dress hidden under a cloak. She tipped her head into her hand as she smiled at Shinigami. " Don't waste your breath, your feathered friend cannot hear you"

Nasr inched his way forward, looking for something to jump out at him. The silence was unnerving though he normally favored it.
The room seemed to change every time he turned. 20 doors, 8, and eventually one. He knew he was being guided but it was better than being stuck in an empty room.

The door popped open a crack when he reached out to it. " Nothing suspicious about that..." he said as he grabbed the door and peeked inside.
It appeared empty except for a Shulgir board. Slowly stepping inside now, he realized the room was full of Shulgir boards. " What in the..."
As he walked among them he noticed a pattern. They were layed out in the same design as the city itself, in Elements. This wasn't a single city though, it was many.
As he approached the board for their city, a curious sight caught his attention.

“So I see you heeded the warning well enough to prepare”, he said sitting down and took off the necklace Nasr gave him, “my ex gave this to me, I dont need you taking it away or it getting dirty. So what does the witch want. Also something’s been bothering me, is hat a wig”

" How....touching..." She looked at the pendant with distaste the waved as if to make it go away. " If from an ex I see no reason to protect such a trivial trinket"

Her cold stare softened as she focused on something more to her interest. " But you, my dear, you are what I want. Your power is most....valuable. Light and dark in it's purest form within a single creature." She said as she shifted slightly. " With that power everything and everyone will finally be perfected"

Not ignoring his final question, she ran her fingers through her hair. It did not fall off her head and held a silvery sheen.

Sitting on the board was a piece half black, half white with a dragon curled around it's base. " Shinigami..." He reached out to it when he realized there was one piece similar to it on the other boards. This was no fluke, his kind were important to them.

Quickly he shifted tables to try and remove the pieces only to be knocked back by light magic.
" Ah ah ah. You know the rules of the game. Can't touch the pieces unless you are in the region"

Nasr whirled around to find the other Luminary behind him. Such an arrogant aire about him and dressed in a fine white suite. His tail was much longer and fuller than his sister's. " You're using them!"

The Luminary casually walked over to the playable table. " What of it? We only seek a utopia of perfection" He held is hand over the table to invite Nasr to a game.

He walked over to the table, looking at the unique piece. " Utopia of perfection? Only for those you deem perfect! I know, remember! You treat Valra as demons and offer the "unworthy" to us when they have barely begun to live!"

The Luminary lifted his head and grinned. " You are demons. Darkness is all you know and thrive in. These creatures though, they are light and their darkness is enough to keep you Valra in line" He sat down and smirked through the pieces. " I have seen how you follow him around. You demand no price, no moral questions, just follow his darkness and endure his light. How convenient"

“Oh my kind, yeah we are loved by elements so yeah cool hair”, he said then put up a frown, “you know there only one thing stoping you from being dead and that’s Nasr so if he gets hurt, you die, I mean you die quickly. Also, nobody can be perfect, fools who believe that are only what they are, fools. Son on that note, I refuse and would like to leave now. Yeah with a little fireworks”

" Aww your concerned about your little pet? How cute....and irrelevant" She stood with grace and poise, maintaining the arrogance that filled her soul. " Unfortunately you really don't have a choice in the matter. You are right where I want you"

Her hand twirled with elegance to gesture towards the ceiling. There, a great light was building. " You cannot kill me when I will be using your own power. Every race will bow to us and perfection will be achieved." She stated with pride as she began to pace. "Such beauty this world will hold! No more wars and pointless squabbles. No more ugly and unsightly creatures! Everyone will finally be happy and of one mind" She let her hand drop and the light followed, aiming to capture Shinigami.

Nasr stepped closer to the board as the Luminary moved Shinigami's piece closer to the one representing the sister. " You do not understand anything beyond your control. Not even friendship" He reached out to remove Shinigami's piece from the board only to have his hand grabbed.

" Friendship? Is that what you call it? I see a master and his pet" The venom within his words made Nasr sick with disgust.
" Arrogant prick...." He said as he pulled his hand away. " I will play the game then but by MY rules" He moved faster this time to pull the piece off the board, effectively removing Shinigami from the game.

The Luminary chuckled as he sat back. " My, the pet has fire! As the rules state a piece may only be removed if taken by another piece so....what will you put in his stead?"

Nasr knew he was right. To simply remove the piece could at worst, result in death or even an insanity. He conjured his own piece once more and slammed it on the board. " Myself!" with that word the nagging pain returned to his gut.

" Perfect....well played, demon" He vanished in a flood of light, sinister laughter echoing off the walls. The boards and room swept away for a most unusual and scentless hall. " Come find me, demon and we will finish this"

Oh my own power?, in that case”, he said then activated the lights he had inputed into the floor, “don’t let your enemy sit idle minded”, he said, “and I, no one else, control my power”, the light stoped in its track. He lifted himself up with dark energy and moved towards her, “ugly, you don’t understand ugly. Lose the face, the hair the looks and what remains, nothing.”, cracks began to form on the floor, “ you see light devours darkness and darkness does what. Give the right answer this time, no more lies”

Seeing her light stopped so easily caused her take a couple steps back. " What...how did you....IMPOSSIBLE!"

Fear was quickly replaced by anger as her tail feathers fanned out behind her. " Fine! As light devours the darkness so darkness will die! Your darkness will be your downfall" The eyes on her tail feathers opened, each one a piercing blue or green. A beam of light came from each one, aiming for Shinigami.

The lack of scent left Nasr confused. Thankfully the the hall had no deviations though it was full of heavy duty doors with windows at the top. These looked sorely out of place compared to everything else.

A loud, metallic bang made him jump and turn around. He cautiously took a step forward when the sound occured again but this time the door next to him shook. What was behind them?

He grabbed the window's edge and pulled himself up to look through the window. Darkness, that was it...until a single eye opened. Like the eye of the tower, it was black except for the blue iris. He shoved himself off the door in start but not fast enough as it was blasted into the other wall.

" Aaagghh...What the-" The door was pulled off of him to reveal a Valra in it's griffin form. On it's head sat a strange device giving it a single, "digital" eye to look through. From the back of it more unusual devices crept across it's body to seemingly augment it. Now the scent of death flooded his nose.

" It's dead...what are they-" He was forced to rapidly take his griffin form to defend himself. After scrambling to his feet, he grabbed the other and bit down on the head. When the device cracked it became a peacock feather and the Valra was dead once more.

He took to the air, “well not really, because darkness is the reason light is alive”, he said then blocked the light like he did before with the soldiers, “now darkness isnt a weakness, it’s strength that’s why you can get rid of it. And darkness is also a devour of light”, he said and formed a hand out of light which hit her from the behind towrds his feet, “you been trailed and sentenced”

The shame of being knocked down was great to her. She propped herself up and looked up at him. " Sentenced....it was you!?"

Some of the eyes fell off her tail as she scrambled to her feet. " I will not give up my throne! Especially to one who cannot appreciate my grand design!" The eyes that had been shed took on a life of their own, becoming as insects or small beasts. They scattered but only for a moment. Every eye was fixed on him and would make their attack in turn.

Nasr couldn't stay long to inspect the scene as the rest of the doors flew open one by one. From each stepped another dead with the odd magic. He recognized some as those who were killed by the tower recently.

Such a blatant disrespect for the dead could not be tolerated. Feathers and fur raised as he tensed up. " I'LL KILL YOU FOR THIS!!"
His talons dug at the floor as he ran down the hall, occasionally kicking the controlled back into their confinement or trampling them.

It wasn't long before he found himself in a blinding room. Pure white as Drayce had warned. The Luminary was waiting with a self-assured smirked. " About time you got here, demon. I was getting bored" A familiar whine filled the room as he took on his dream form, a giant, white peacock in all it's splendor. " Now you will fullfil your role as the death dealing demon that you are"

The light became far too bright for Nasr, causing him to hide behind his wings. Did the weapon require blood too? Then he noticed it, darkness radiating from the locket. He laughed and willed it to grow until he could take his own dream form.
Now standing tall, he held out his hand and created a tiny ball of darkness. " I know I made the right choice now.....Fireworks he calls it?"

The Luminary was taken back by the darkness that surround Nasr and that he was standing. " Fireworks? What are you rambling about?"ball

He smirked as he released the ball, letting it fall gently. " This tower is the largest firework of all and I just lit the fuse" Slowly the ball fell through the floor.

Nice creatures”, he said as dark aura began to emerge from his body, “ this place is all light right, I wonder what will happen if someone with a lot of darkness control makes the balance here”, he said as the floor began to shake, “next time when you make a light tower, make sure part of it is darkness”, on that note he released a larger level of explosion of darkness

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus