Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

From the shadows he glared at the wolf. He would show him just 'stupid' he was. The branch creaked beneath him as he leaned forward. " It will kill me, harming the piece will hurt you, sounds...wait, what!?" He looked towards the city as dread filled him. " Not everyone in the city agrees with their ideals! There are captured tribals and others who don't deserve to die!"

The shift in power was so strong that Yuyami shuddered at the chill. He looked at his sister and smiled. " I explored a little but figured it would be nice to see how you were doing. Last I saw you, you were still so small"

All warm colors in his eyes faded to dark purples. Spirits became visible to him as he turned to face the tower. " Can that guy handle your best and worst? Between him and the one responsible for wiping out the humans, you'll be drunk on the dead"

Wiping out humans? She whirled around with dread in her eyes. " What are you talking about?"

" The tower is full of slaughtered humans. Walk the cities and you'll find none" More ran from the cities as he looked down. Valra picked apart their prey be they living or dead, buildings outside of Pavol's power were torn down, and blood filled the once glorious streets.

" Then...he gathered the humans and..." Resolve filled her as she lifted her head. " Get the Valra in the tower to clean that up. Pavol won't take that well and it will destroy Shinigami's kindness" She said climbing up the edge of the wall.

He looked at her, a bit be wildered. " And what are you going to do?"

Her wings appeared and were raised over her head. " I'm going to...help him...somehow. To be his reaper or a reminder of the good he has...I don't know...whatever he needs" She jumped from the wall and glided towards them. The spectral image of her father turned to watch her join them.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

Lumerin. Well later. Don't worry I'm not going to kill everyone, just the ones that deserve it", he said throwing a ring to his mother, "free them when it's over", he said as magic circles appeare on the left glove and the antimagic on the right on. He changed to his second form after getting his two swords out, "I have people that would be glad to see me dead. Might as well kill them first. Careful with that piece Nasr, part of my life is literally in your hands", he said then began to walk towards the tower

You really raised him specially. You're not going to stop him", the werewolf asked Elena

He would just harm you and walk by. Anyway we need some of them dead cause we can't hide anymore. There are no gods but them, it's time people learned that" Elena said wearing the ring, "you don't get it. He removed the people that he knows are innocent. The ring is filled with souls and last I checked he asked Travis to help the humans escape. That's why he fears Travis betrayal. If Travis betrays him the human race will die thanks to him. There are better ways to handle things but he had his own way. Well we did raise him well", she said standing, "lumerin. Do you remember how my kind got into this world"

The piece was tossed back and forth to each hand until he clutched it in the right hand. " Hey, you are one of us now. I can promise this piece will be safe until time takes it" Nasr said with a grin. He leaned against the trunk and looked towards the tower. Why was he just sitting here?

As Shinigami walked away, Lumerin watched Kuroi turn mid-flight to follow him. A haunting chill, along with a sense of terror, filled the air with Sonne removed from the game. How many times had she died for the world? He took a step forward but stopped. " Perhaps my greatest sin...was locking you up to keep you safe...trust your heart even if..."

Elena's question pulled him from his own fears. His eyes were void of expression as he turned to her. " Your kind appeared in this era when my daughter spilled her blood to call you here" A hollowness was in his voice as he remembered her dying smile. " As the first race, you were created by Solarium and I. That war has fragmented my memory and the details are blurry"

Time was shorter than Yuyami wanted as he watched Shinigami approach. He nearly fell over the edge when he whirled around. " Valra! Get to the tower and remove the dead! Strip them to bone or teleport them out but clean it out!"

Puffs of shadow appeared through out the city as they moved. Those closest to the tower opened the doors. Blood flowed from between the dead to their feet like a river.

Nasr sat up as the scent hit his nose. To him it was a fresh kill that he stood over but was weak or non existent at such a distance to those with normal noses. The sweet, coppery, beef-like tone and lack of elemental distinction told him it was of human origin. Be it curiosity or the temptation of his kind, he vanished into shadow to join his kin.

He jumped up and flew to te tower entering to find the bodies and blood. He walked through and dropped his swords, "that's strange. I didn't attack here yet. Why are there so much blood and bodies. No feathers, not much hair and not that muscular", he said bending down by his swords to examine, "what race is this?", he asked clearing up a body

I see. Well truth is that we want to go home. With the way things are people will try to get our powers. If we go home where our powers are the normal level then we can be at peace. But we can't have two homes. Either we merge the worlds together or leave. Most can leave while most can't. Can you open that door", Elena asked him

" Wait! Don't go..." Kuroi yelled as she chased him down. The ice in her veins became real when he flew inside. Shadows trailed from her wings when she picked up her pace and soon joined him. She perched in a window and watched with stilled breath.

Moonlight cast her shadow as a looming demon among the grisly scene. The once white floors and walls were now stained in crimson with almost nowhere to step. Sounds of shadows stirring and of flesh tearing tainted the silence as the Valra worked to remove the multitude of dead from the lower floors. Every corpse held a different outfit from the rags of a homeless person to the finer attire of elite slaves.

Nasr appeared on the far side of the room and crouched down to grab a body when he saw the two. The question was reiterated by the how Shinigami looked over the corpses. " You wouldn't know by scent would you," He said looking over the hand of one. No claws or scales were found. He then pulled the lips back of another to reveal no fangs or sharp teeth, just simple flat ones. " They are humans. Every single one of them" A black-haired body was inspected and showed signs of fangs suggesting the human was of kerberol decent.

" Every Nyctoran is born from your power and thus cannot compare except in a single element," Lumerin said as he stared at the tower. His body hovered over it like the day he scattered Solarium's power. " To go back will mean facing the end of your race when that time comes. Those who gave their power to me will become the first of the Nyctorans and you shall suffer this fate once more"

His hands were tucked behind his back as he turned to face her. " Merging the worlds shall give Solarium one more chance to 'purify' this world but you shall have the aid of and live alongside your fragmented counterparts. Teach them and they shall grow in their elements. I can open the door though the choice of your path should be passed among all your kin...our children most of all"

So we will still ace the same fate with either option. Well might as well pick one", she said sitting down again, "now we just have to tell the scouts"

He stood up and quietly pick up the swords, "Who did this. Don't bother answering. I will be gone for a while", he said as mana began to violently flow around him, "don't bother following me", he said then blasted through the roof to the middle floors.
Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

He nodded with a sigh and looked away. " If your kin desires it, I shall shatter the timeline in two. Along one path you may return to the world you knew before Solarium betrayed us all. The other will merge with this one. The consequences for destroying time are great though"

Despite the warning, Kuroi spread her wings to follow. Nasr jumped through the shadows and grabbed her ankle. " What are you doing!? Let go!" She said as her tail whipped around. He caught it before she could strike him. " He said not to follow" All his weight, for as light as he was, had been used to pull her down and slam her to the ground. Silver arched through the room and swept him off his feet before he could pin her down.

" I made a promise to his mother, damnit" She got to her feet and glared at the valra. " Pavol and Yuuma are still up there too. I won't let him lose himself...even if I do taste his blade..." The scythe was summoned as she looked up the hole. Something inside nagged at her and stirred up a war with her choices leaving a sense of uncertainty. What was it? " Finish cleaning up this tower...you can't afford to get in his way..." Powerful wind buffeted Nasr when she flew through the hole.

The middle floors had more bodies scattered about though there were paths between them. Silence lingered in these bitter halls as ghosts danced about. Some reached out to Shinigami when they saw him yet did no harm.

Green strings moved from his hands and created an atmosphere pausing the ghosts, "find me who did this and be quick", he said as his cat eyes pupils became bigger, "be quick with it also"

Well we don't want to mess things up anymore so don't do that", she said as Tobi appeared beside her in the form of a sphere, "he's in the tower", Elena said

Tobi made her way to the tower

"Not here...not here...abandoned us...goal...said for...another...lightning...hiding" The ghosts whispered. Other voices echoed through the halls to join the ghostly melody and the sound of wings could be heard behind him. Before him, blood crept up the wall and slowly formed a crescent moon.

By now Kuroi had gotten close enough to see the moon on the wall. She stopped in her place and shook her head. What could make him behave like this?

The moved like startled fish when they saw her pendant. Once they realized it was silver, they calmed back down.

Crescent moon. Are they trying to say Travis did this", he said walking over to kuroi droping the swords and walked towards kuroi hugging her, "it wasn't my fault. I was betrayed wasn't I. I was just too weak"

Tobi appeared beside him looking over the bodies

The clang of the swords hitting the floor rang through the halls like a dirge. The icy tone contrasted with the warmth of the hug and she jumped slightly. " Yes...we were both betrayed..." She said as she returned the hug. The pain of failure she felt two-fold. His weakness to her own; a mirror of what she had faced many times already. " It's not weak to want to help. Don't blame yourself...how would you know he would do this?"
Slowly her gaze was lifted to the blood moon. What pain had she wrought with a single choice? " If anyone is to blame...it's me...A god is supposed to know all...yet I set the stage for this by training him in magic...and giving him immortality"

OH no he's not immortal. He never was and he's not right now. I'm going to kill him. I will make him pay for everything", he said biting his teeth as he let go. The sword slowly floated to his hands as he walked away, "ghost find Travis and make him leave a nightmare. You have my permission", he said as his eyes blinked green adding energy to the ghost turning them into nightmare souls to wander and make their targets live through hell. A blast of mana created a hole through the roof and he changed to his fourth form opening a portal. A skirt pants and shoes flew from the portal and merged to his body till he was wearing the. Tobi began to lift him through the hole slowly, "tell them any sign of life that's here will die. Get the people and take them to the lower floors", he said changing back to his second form, "remember when I said you're not alone. I wanted to mean you're not the only one lined in with death. My name means death. More like someone who brings it"

Skulls appeared to house some of the new spirits while others floated out of the hold and scattered along the wind. Disturbing laughter now filled the place. Many spirits flowed through and by Kuroi, toying with her hair and clothing before spiraling up to welcome the other of death. Some gained deadly claws in the process.

" He would have been dead already if I didn't grant him immortality," She said. "I should be the one to make him pay...but..." Memories of her time with Travis flooded back. Harsh yet tender and so many struggles of a broken boy and goddess...could she really kill him? She looked back up. "...Be careful. He's had many ages to perfect his craft and he does know magic limited to gods"

Spirits flowed into her when she turned and walked away. Suddenly she stopped and took in the rest of his words. A smile was hidden by her turned back. " A much better name than mine. Take your due and return to your new era" Her scythe was placed on her shoulder as she continued into the tower.

He reached the top of the tower and brought out rages chess piece, "rage come out. Find signs of laugh", he said breaking the top as rages mana began to swell around

The mana circled him until the demon could manifest. He glared at Shinigami for a little too long. " Life in the world is infestive..." The snide tone was accompanied by the flip of his tail. " In this tower, only the Valra and your pathetic friends remain"

Dark clouds began to gather in the sky as the sun's glow tinged the horizon. Lumerin remained in his place in the sky, waiting to eclipse the sun once more. His spectral form looked up as his light was darkened. No gifts could be given if he couldn't reach his creation. " My time visiting is short. I trust they can end this quickly"

Metal fingers were curled and uncurled in a steady rhythm; gleaming under the pale lights of the lightning city. " Perfect. The claws will make things much things easier" Travis said with a smile as he looked up at the Raixi who tended to him. A middle-aged, yellow-orange Raixi grinned with pride. "Glad you approve. Why were hands solid anyway?" He asked while picking up the severed hands. They were flipped over a few times then placed in a burlap sack.

" Some fool who doesn't understand what I'm doing. She looked human too!" Travis stood up and handed the man a back of aetherite coins. The scowl on his face cause the Raixi to take the bag with great care. " Human? Well...after you took them all I can see why she was angry. Even I'm sad to see them go. I had such skilled, hardworking slaves" A hearty chuckle interrupted his sentence. " They were so great I treated them like family! It's gonna be lonely without them so...why'd ya do it?"

" He forced my hand...none of them had to die if he would have let my plan work out" Strong winds forced him a couple steps back when he opened the door. " I'm ready for him this time and he'll wish he never interfered" The door was slammed shut and he wandered towards the top of the mountain. As he walked, little green lights dancing among the storm clouds caught his attention. He paused and looked up.

I see. Get back in then", he said absorbing the rage back as the piece fixed itself. He jumped down the tower and landed by the door. The gloves glowed red and a fire ball was sent to the top of the tower, "oh people are still there. Well I told the to leave", he said turning around to walk away from the tower. The fire was put out, "Nasr"

Shadows gathered behind him untile Nasr appeared. He kept his distance since he was covered in blood and gore from clearing out the tower. A quick shake of his hands tossed some at his own feet. " Getting antsy are we?"

The tower quit glowing when Pavol heard the roar of the fire. Though it was put out quickly, his little heart raced faster than it should. He jumped into the air when he heard the door burst open. Yuuma caught the kid and turned to see Kuroi. " What's going on?"

" Time for you two to leave. I'll send you to my castle for now" She said while walking toward the orb they were using. It's polished form made it look like a mini sun.
" I finally got to see this tower again! I'm not leaving!" Pavol struggled in Yuuma's arms until he was dropped. He stormed over to her and punched her. " This is my home!" She crouched down but had to catch his fist before he clocked her in the face. A gentle smile showed but sorrow was in her eyes. " I know. You'll return and be the next High Luminary but you must live for that"

A portal opened behind the kid. She gave him a quick hug before turning him to face it. " Go on now" The young luminary shuddered and stuck out his tongue in disgust. " Eww...why are you suddenly sappy?"
Yuuma peeked around the portal and chuckled when he saw the kid try to hide a smile by covering his face. " You like the hug now let's go" He grabbed Pavol's wrist to guide him through. The portal was closed behind them.

Shrieks filled the wind to make it sound like a worst storm than it was. Travis chuckled and continued up the stairs without a care. " Spirits of Fear. Why are you here? Do you serve him now?" The green lights turned to swarm him, swirling about and tugging at his clothes. Any attempt to get into his head caused the spirits to recoil, screaming in pain. " Aww, what's wrong? Can't get in? I know how to keep you out" He said with a smirk.

Whispers and taunts began to float about. Their voices blended together but he was able to pick out enough. His eyes lit with a cold malice and a smug grin appeared once he knew their intent. " Go ahead. Get in my head and create my nightmare...maybe our pain will finally end" With permission finally given, a single spirit dove into his head. When it left it bolted towards the sky in all haste.
A chill ran down his spine as he watched it leave. The reality of what was about to happen was too heavy to let him smile.

Ate they gone from there. I was planning to burn it down. Give them a proper send off. A man that can kill his own race like that should live to live a nightmare. If you're done with fear you might as well return it. It's my soul were talking about", he said walking towards Elena

" Burn down the key of light...right. Remember my kind hate fire. We see flames, we run. Easy" Despite the careless way he presented, he understood Shinigami's pain. Valra of all the Nyctorans were the hardest on murdering their own. So strict was the creed that it had been burned into their genetic memory.

His hands were cleaned off before he pulled out the piece. It was still clean despite everything. " Done with Fear? No, We have not...fine...as you said it is your soul" He said tossing it towards him.

Thank you", he said catching as it disappeared, "now for that fire", he said snapping his fingers as the tower lit up again, "I guess that's one part done. Now we need to calm down solarium before she burns everything. Why do they think destroying everything just solved their problems"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus