Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

He shrugged and shook his head. " Hell if I know. According to legend she wanted to 'protect' her creations and power from the darkness. Since this world is created from both light and dark I guess she sees it as evil" The heat from the blazes stung at his back. He stepped away and turned to look up at Lumerin.

So easily the diamond moon reflected the colors of the fire. The orange glow allowed it to stand out in the coming dawn. A wave of green flowed across it moments before a deafening thunder shook the world. A shrill roar of pain, much like glass getting scratched pierced the dawn. Nasr collapsed and found himself staring at the glittering sky.

Stars spun and danced while the moon was now blood red with rivers of black streaking across it. His ears hummed and blurred the sound of everything going on but a single sound chimed so clear. It sounded like glass was raining all around them. Stings scattered across his body as glowing shards pierced him or cut his skin. Even with his stunned mind, Nasr realized these were neither stars nor rain. They were diamond shards. " Lumerin..."

Still within the burning tower, staring out a window, Kuroi stood with her scythe to resemble a cross. Blood trickled from the corners of her mouth as the fragments of her father danced before her eyes. " So...the new era still requires a sacrifice..." She lowered her head and smiled gently. " Shinigami...I shall make this my last..." Her coat changed to the reaper's cloak just before she faded into smoke.

A green streak flew from the moon to the rising sun. It grew dim for a moment then swirled to life in a raging storm. A second roar filled the air and bent the trees while blinding light washed over the world. When it faded, the sun was missing from the sky but it was mid-day now. A hot wind was pulled across the land, mana from every living thing followed it in thick ribbons to a single source. Plants withered, the water dried up, and every race fell weakened, unconscious, or dying. Mana of dark and night lingered around almost everything like black, wispy fire. The mana of whatever humans remained was especially desired.

Fear laughed from within the chess piece as more of his spirits began to gather. Like buzzards they floated from living soul to another, removing the most terrified hearts and bringing them before the one holding their master. Even those familiar with Fear, the Valra, were tested. A single spirit hovered over Nasr's face but he held no fear, just an empty gaze. Another appeared in front of Shinigami. "His nightmare...has begun..."
Shinigami (played by Great7)

Why don't they just trap solarium soul in a body here and leave her body up there since it husted stands there. ", he said walking by the hearts, "Nasr I'm not helping you up", he said using the stone to create a small mountain that was for for him to sit on. He sat on it and watched the sky above, "fighting to destroy each other. Why can't they just agree", he said resting his chin on one hand, "hey Nasr. Fear is speaking in riddles again you mind explaining since I think you speak fear"

" Didn't ask for help...did I?" He chuckled and closed his eyes. Death was most prominent in this world of shadows. The scent and energy alone drew on the nature of the valravn but he couldn't fly. When he opened his eyes again, the spirit had shifted closer. Within the flame danced the nightmare that was gathered from Travis. His talons dug into the ground as he looked upon the familiar face. Thousands, millions of Nyctorans slaughtered for two goals but the answer to why the humans were allowed to live became clear. " Fear means...it's the end of all of us...humans most of all"

A whip of light cut through the mountain, scattering it across the land. " Yes, thank you for giving Fear permission to make that human's nightmare real, little one!" A woman's voice said as a massive dragon hand grabbed Shinigami, pinching him between two fingers. All mana but darkness began to be pulled from him. " With all my mana gathered, I shall build this world properly. No need to be afraid or upset. Your kind will be recreated without the corruption of darkness" The city was crushed beneath her foot. The only left thing left standing was the key of light.

Finally, the dragon turned her hand so he could look at her. The features of every demon could be seen in her without the decay or signs of death. She held beauty that outshone the finest creatures in the world. Her body gleamed with the finest metals as Greed did but every scale shimmered with fire within. Feathered wings hid both land and sky from view, so massive was this dragon that she could swallow the moon whole. " To answer your question, little one...trapping my soul in a body here would not stop me. I already us mortals to do my bidding so what do you think that will do if I am here" She said with a snide grin. " Oh wait! I am here once more thanks to you. Check those pieces again, you'll find them empty for I am whole once more"

Solarium could be seen from the mountain of the Raixi. Travis stood cross-armed, seemingly without a care, as he watched the hell begin to unfold. " You see...our nightmare is the same. Time to face it together" He turned around only to find Kuroi standing silently behind him with her scythe held at her side. The wind lashed at her cloak giving her an appearance of a wraith. " Kuroi!? W-what are you...no...you came for revenge, didn't you? How did you find me?"

Her eyes were that of a predator as they glowed like the moon. " I called upon the dead. You fed on those souls since I gave you immortality...remember?" The blade lit up as it was raised when lightning danced in the sky. Tears glistened in her fierce gaze beyond the crescent blade. " I know two who seek their revenge on you. I don't need to take it...but I must know....why did you betray me? Betray them!?"

You're one crafty hold witch. No wonder fear sounded sad. Well I would want to admire those fine scales that show the sun or those beautiful wings that are massive but I wouldn't complain cause they are a work of art of those eyes that are just beautiful or....I'm already admiring aren't I. Give it up already. If I brought you here then your husband should be here soon. Why don't you just take your little couple quarry outside and not bother us with it. Oh wait you're so self absorbing and self wanting you can't do that. You would bring destruction to the word to just find a gold coin. So premitive and improper. Are you sure you were what birth kuroi. Also do you mind not squeezing cause I could die from that if you're not smart enough to figure that out either. Perfection is a lost goal. Killing darkness only kills light and the darkness will just be reborn so what's really the point of all this", he said looking her in the eyes, "I want to kill you right now but your body is stopping me. Not just literally. Will be a waste to kill such art wouldn't it Nasr. Wait don't tell me you stepped on him or my mom or allies cause then I would just kill you"

So much in his words caused Solarium to roar in laughter. She twisted her foot in the ground before moving it. Hiding within the dancing shadows of her footprint were the ruins of the city and more. When she calmed down she patted his head with her thumb. " Insults and flattery at the same time? Aren't you amusing, little one? Let's see if you can amuse me more so let's see...what is most amusing about your argument..." He was shaken a bit as she shifted her hand back and forth while she thought. " Ah yes, amusing that you question if I am truly that little stains mother. A shame that I am aren't I? Such darkness from my flesh" She looked aside and bared her teeth at the thought. " That's what I get for marrying one of darkness. No matter they will be gone soon"

A surprisingly innocent smile appeared on her face as she cast her gaze below. Indeed much was crushed under her foot. " I said not to fret. Your kin will be recreated without the filth. The feathery smudge is out of luck!" Her gaze shot back up at him, full of ice for all the fire she held. " Light can and will survive without darkness. I AM light and I will live on even without that wretched moon and his daughter!"

A deep breath was taken to calm her down. Everything was fine now with her own demon paving the path. "Still...it's time I set you straight. You brought me here by the wish of giving Travis a nightmare. Oh, yes, what a precious nightmare but do you even know what it is?" She rolled him between her fingers so he faced the broken moon now. The dim crimson light struggled to thrive within the diamond shell. " I'll let you guess but here's a hint...it requires the death of that gaudy moon"

" Oh, Kuroi..." Travis said as he slowly stepped forward. " I never betrayed you or the others" The scythe began to tremble as he inched closer. He raised a hand and reached for the blade in a way to display its mechanical features in full. " He was the one who betrayed us. Everything was going so well until he showed up in..." As soon as he clutched the blade of the scythe he looked down. " In Sonne's skin..." His head snapped up again to look her in the eyes. " I had everything in place! I would have restored this world and the human race in the next era or two!"

" Restore the world!?" She yelled while twisting the blade out of his hand. He stumbled sideways and nearly fell only to find the silver crescent at his neck. She got in his face and stared him down with a gaze of death itself. " You were with my sister, the one who seeks to destroy the world and everything on it alongside my mother! Don't forget the same one who made me the Grand Demon! An Eclipse born human...first and only to be born with magic beyond the fall of the gods and you squander it with those who stripped you of your power to begin with! Every human besides the ones I brought here are dead now too! That's not betrayal!? " The scythe was pulled tight against his throat.

" Now wait a minute!" He brought his hands up to shove it away slightly. " I had to kill them to preserve my work! believe me when I say that it tortures my soul! I figured out why humans are magicless. We're all born from Nyctorans, my parents are Raixi, remember? The world keeps trying to restore the First Race but our power was stolen by your mother and cursed to be forever weak...but I found something and I needed Sonne's blood, her mana to restore us. To keep my cover I played her game! There is so much more! Kuroi, I was controlling the fate of this world! " A crazed smiled showed as the pride of the accomplishment lit up his eyes. It faded quickly when he remembered the price that was paid for his status.

What was it that he found and how did he obtain it? More importantly, why was Sonne's blood needed? While she sorted through what little he gave her, he slunk along the handle of her scythe until they were face to face. " I never said anything because I had to protect you. She would have slain you if I returned before the time was right. You are the final piece, the mother of the new world...the one to give birth to our kind made whole once more" He smiled and reached up to touch her cheek but his fingers fazed through her. Quickly the hand was pulled back and he stared in shock and horror.

"Yes, I sacrificed myself for this world once more...and him" She stepped away and shoved him back. " Why didn't you show me what you found!? I would have helped you obtain your goal without the game!" Shinigami's warning ran through her mind as she battled her memories and emotions. "Don't trust him" Even now she felt like Travis was hiding much. "You know it takes time for me to regenerate when I clean up your mess...which is why I'm here...to hand you over and atone for my sins. Shinigami doesn't know what I have done nor will he understand why I'm not there to greet him when it's over..." Tears ran down her cheeks while she tried to regain eye contact. They were quickly wiped away and she stared at them with bewilderment. Where did they come from?
A little smiled crept out for a brief moment at the thought of what Shinigami might do to her for sacrificing herself. " You will tell him what has happened...and explain what you have done. Pray that he is more curious about the truth than revenge" She faded away as he lunged forward to try and catch her, leaving him atop the mountain in the cold rain alone.

Really confusing. He already killed his kind and if you're here then. His worst nightmare is the sun killing the moon. Still don't get it I asked the ghost to do the job not you. Well you poor poor woman still thinking darkness isn't everywhere. I will say this to you now but if you destroy everything you will be extremely lonely. You won't be rebuilding anything you are just killing trying to live longer. If you never pursued all this you think your daughter and children will go this far against. You're the worlds mother but they are trying to kill you. Pretty sad", he said disappearing and appearing on her nose facing out, "you would destroy all this for yourself. I don't under you sometimes. When did it hit you that you had to do all this", he said resting his right hand on his right kneel and his left hand on his left leg which was laying down, "well. You were loved. You really were"

Her killing the moon? It was a good guess but she chuckled. " You foolish little boy! Even with those humans dead they will still be born anew. Without Lumerin, the Nyctorans lose their tie to mana. Without that there is no nope that a human will be born again...no, because without the moon Nyctorans die!" Slowly she raised her head to grin at the dying moon.

Her eyes crossed when he appeared on her snout. Lips were peeled back and a deep growl rose from within. " Killing to live longer!? One of death would assume such a foolish notion! I WILL create a flawless world and with my precious daughter, Sonne, I will never be alone!" flames rose from her scales and lit up the world in a blinding light. The shadows vanished into the tiny areas that cast them.

The shadows began to build behind her as she considered the rest of his words. He was arrogant in her mind to challenge her ways. " I will be loved once more when all see the beauty and perfection of the new world! A paradise under my rule! No more sleep, no one ugly or weak, no more discord when all agree! Darkness will be no more!"

A grin of pride showed as she lifted her head higher into the sky. Suddenly her head dropped, leaving Shinigami in the air, as she cried out in pain. Talons of darkness were buried deep in her hide. A massive, grinning valravn stared at her from over her back. "Sounds nice but I would be left out...who am I kidding!? No discord? Pranks are made from that! Now let me show you why darkness in needed in equal shares" He said just before tearing off a scale.

Of course appear at the time when I'm on top of her heads not between her fingers and let me fall seems legit doesn't it", he said activating the pieces as they began to absorb again, "like I said you were loved. A perfect world, you were living in it. You had everything but now, you lost them", he said as mana chains big enough to hold down towers formed and chained her legs, "guess they realized it was a change of plans", he said as he flew over to her snout again, "could you take a kneel real quick", he said landing on her snout as the gravity under her began to drag her to the ground as his weight becam pounds to carry"

A silver streak severed the shadow from the pieces. Darkness poured from her wounds when Nasr's talons were removed. He made a rapid retreat into one of the tiny shadows and hissed his protest in the only way a valravn could. A single opening was all he needed. No one would keep him from the prize that he sought this time.

" I'm amazed that disgusting beast recovered at all...he should be rewarded for making you fall. Your view of perfection is so tainted that I fear you are beyond redemption and demanding a god to kneel!?" Solarium laughed yet again as her legs strained against the force. " Never! What a poor choice of spell too. I am the source of gravity
!" The fire flared to hide her details and form as the gravity was absorbed into her core. When she could stand tall again, the flames scattered in all directions, removing her from the shackles. A dead forest lit like flash paper when she reformed in the middle of it. A critical expression was given when she tipped her head. Shadows moving and a creation that dared challenge her rule, perhaps it was best to start anew. Her tail curled around and bound him tight to the point of crushing.

Her head was raised as she brought him closer. " You are my creation, a mortal with pathetic magic skills. You are no god and only a god can stop me!" Shining threads connected to Shinigami appeared. She plucked at them while looking over his life, past, present, and future. " Time...so precious to mortals. I will watch you age to dust before my very eyes. No one save can you from your fate now" Her claw was slid under the thread of life when she noticed tension in the other two. She looked up and glared. " You!? Know your place girl!"

Holding the strands of time and death in her hands, returning the lethal glare, was Kuroi. " I do know my place, mother" The deafening sound of earth falling filled the air as three massive pits opened up around them. Shadow and light danced together to build a shrine around each one. The beautiful yet haunting forms became more eerie when the holes filled with a glowing liquid. One was green, another a ghostly blue, and the last one was purple.

" Hell shrines? You truly are a disgrace...now die alongside him!" Kuroi's lifeline manifested alongside his over her claw and a swift motion was made to snap them. Shinigami's lifeline sang as it vibrated like a stringed instrument but Kuroi's faded away like smoke. Solarium looked back up with terror first then glared when she saw that Kuroi had cut his ties to mortality. Time and death were tossed into the shrines. Spirits rushed forth and fused with the thread of life to strengthen it and give him choice of when he physically stopped aging or reverse it. A full moon pendant, shadowed to reveal a silver crescent was wound onto the string. She turned and smiled at him before fading away on the wind. "Keep her busy a little longer, please?"

Wait what did you do. What did you Judy do now", he asked watching her fade, "again", he said as a portal appeared beside him and blood began to rush out, "this is a circle to your heart goddess. You should be feeling the lose of blood now", he said as his clothes were soaked and the circle got bigger, "it become bigger the more hurt I get. And all I need is a slave spell to put you down", he said freeing himself, "your daughter also loved wrapping me in her tails. Well you're really her mother aren't you", he said as a portal appeared above her and the tower from the lava city fell from it, "I don't care but I'm breaking you before you leave or run away", he said flying above her snout the portal gushing out blood beside him, "why don't you take a form my size so it becomes more fun goddess"

The blood of Solarium was liquid light, A brilliant white tinged with gold. Her eyes widened and she clutched at her chest at what he had done. " You would bleed me dry!? Impossible!" She turned and raised her head, mouth open to swallow him when the tower dropped on her head. Having been removed from the wards, it melted allowing her to raise her head again with a violent roar. Blue eyes of the sky were now red with Rage.

" Why should I match your size when it's so much fun to squash you like an insect!" She bellowed. Her wings transformed into a deadly borealis. Each strand lashed out at him, solidifying into barbed whips to tear at his flesh. Behind her light weaved together to begin forming a physical circle. " I doubt you can break me but let's make this a game. You have until this circle is finished to do so. Fail and the consequences shall be dire" She said with a dark smile befitting the darkest of demons.

A portal to her heart? The opportunity couldn't be more perfect. Nasr flew from his place towards the portal when a chain of light wrapped around his beak and dragged him to the ground. As he worked to remove it, a disturbingly familiar voice addressed him. " You'll die going after her heart"

The chain vanished and he turned to his captor. " Who says I will! I will devour her li-YOU!?" Dark fire erupted from his beak and crashed around Travis. When they faded, Nasr shifted back at the shock that he was still alive.

Travis looked up at the shadow towering over him. His eyes glowed with the magic he held, evidence of his Raixi heritage. " Grand Demon that I chose...I know but you can't kill me...not yet"

He threw a paperwork the antimagic circle at the light she was making it disperse. He gave her a blank look, "you forgot I made this didn't you", he said, "I think I drank some of your blood. Won't be surprised if I did. Well. Another one0, he said as another tower appeared and tower from the water city fell from it, "so how long do I have again. Who cares", he said as a portal appeared under her leg the end appeared two feet from them

Her original course of action to block the tower was removed when she fell into the portal. She pulled her head to the side and the tower crashed into the ground. This little pest was surviving for far too long but more was the problem her own daughter placed before her, immortality. Fire danced between her teeth as she turned to face him with an evil look. " Let's see if you truly did drink some of my blood" Swords and spikes were crafted from the blood, making the stream look like a thorny vine. If he did drink any then the blades would poke out from within.

It should have been easy to pull herself from the portal with her wings but she fell a few times before managing to climb out. " Curse this wretched body..." She said while watching the world spin before her. How much blood could he possibly steal from her? Her spirit separated from her body as she lifted her head to draw on the heavenly magic. Stars and planets began to align in her favor and feed an unearthly mana into her. Solar winds gathered at her gaping maw, building into a violent storm, when the blood moon suddenly turned white.

" Not yet!? That heart belongs to me for everything you have done!" Nasr raised his hand, talons poised to kill, when the moon turned white once more. The strength that had left when Lumerin was struck flooded back to augment what he found in the darkness. The attack never came as he tried to figure out what just happened. His waiting prey looked past him to Solarium then up at the moon. Was this what Kuroi had done?

Now the valra turned and smiled at the healed moon. More power at hand, his focus shifted back to Solarium and the portal leading to her heart. The blades would prove a challenge but it would be worth it to devour the heart of a god.
" What are you waiting for demon?" Travis said so calmly. He tipped his head to look the giant bird in the eye. " It seems the odds have been turned in your favor"

Nasr I will just warn you in advance. If you go in there I will kill you before you breath. You will die either way so might as well let me do it", he said staring at him his eyes gave the same force as kuroi then turned back to solarium, "where were we oh yes we were getting more mana", he said as mana began to gather around him and he absorbed it in, "you sure you don't want to switch to my size", he said as his swords flew to his hands and he created a ring and joined it with the stone, "I promise it will be fun", he said as darkness began to gather behind him forming a ball then light joined in both balancing together and become bigger, "or what instrest you"

" Kill me!? What is with you?" He said slamming his hands to the ground. Earth was dug up and where his power touched, plants of flesh, bone, and blood sprouted. Their scent was enough to distract Nasr as he pecked them in his frustration.

Shinigami's words brought her focus back to the fight. Her spirit head dropped back down and rejoined with her physical head to release a solar storm across the land. The colorful flames had the force of a hurricane as they scorched even dirt to ashes. Nasr dropped his head to endure the blast and shadows peeled off to shrink his size. The blazes curved harmlessly around Travis as he stood motionless, watching the fight. Nothing normal would be able to survive such a storm. This reality of the era's end struck him like thunder. Eyes closed, he brought his chin to his chest. " You knew...didn't you, Kuroi..." He whispered.

When the blaze cleared, all was ash except the four and the key of light. Solarium stood tall once more as the alignment of the stars and planets allowed her to recover blood rapidly. Her tail snaked across the sky in a ribbon of light while she stared at the ball of light and dark with contempt. " Fun? You will have to convince me, little one. Then again..." She gained a sly smile and curled her tail around her.

The physical form became fire; rushing past him to gather at the top of the key. For a time, a small sun glowed like a beacon. It faded to reveal Solarium sitting on a throne of cloud and sunlight. Unlike Kuroi, she looked more Nyctoran than human with sharp eyes that were very draconic and fine scaling along her front. Small scales of gold were scattered over her skin to give the illusion that she was tastefully covered in gold dust or glitter. Hair of fire curled on the floor by her feet. Stars rested around her neck as a wonderful neckless and on her head as a gorgeous crown. She smirked at him as her head rested on her knuckles. In the other hand, she held a bladed whip crafted from solar fire. " It shall be more satisfying to crush you as an...' equal'"

It's finally starting. By the way since your body is smaller that means you have less blood but it seems that won't affect you", he said as the ball he created rose up in the sky and began to bring forth a strong aura, "let's continue this game shall we. Since we both love sitting on thrones", he said as one was crafted and floated to him. He sat down then a barrier formed around both of them and the people standing down came to see what was going on

The circle won't hinder you it will just protect us so we can watch. Be nice a give a good show", Elena said sitting down on a chair and brought out a notebook, "I spent all my knowledge calling the so this is a good chance"

The werewolf returned to his normal form and sat beside nasr, "so he's always jumping off to fight I see. A goddess even. Has he ever won against one before"

Oh look that. Let's give them a show", he said as the guardians rose up looking like shadow knights and they went forth to attack her

" Aww, what precious pets" Solarium said when the guardians appeared. She raised a hand and creatures of her own were created to protect her. Dragons of light and diamond stood tall. One breathed it's unusual breath nearby, creating a strong crystal wall around their goddess while the other struck at Shinigami directly to try trapping him in crystal.

She chuckled from within the growing shell and tapped the key with her foot. It turned a bit then stopped with a click. " You truly believe I would challenge you like this unprepared?" With three timers now set, the path of things became muddied. She cast her gaze up to the healed moon briefly and glared. Why was he just sitting up there? His lack of action was comforting but nagged at her.

Nasr looked at the one who sat nearby. " Won? Sure, twice but one of them let him win" He pointed his beak at Solarium and thought of all the mythology he had studied. " But neither of them held the status, maybe even power, of their mother"

And you really think I care", he said as the third guardian the dragon appeared and blocked the attack. The dragon was in human form looking like kuroi as a kid. The dragon pushed back the attack. The guardians broke through the diamond and lunged at her with knifes like they were assassins, "just break already", he said putting a hand in the portal

Seeing a mirror of her daughter left a sour taste in her taste mouth. She got to her feet and raised her whip, whirling it overhead. " How dare you show-" A warm, sharp pain sent her staggering back into her throne. The guardians were nearly upon her when one of her dragons turned to snap them up.

She breathed heavily and clutched at her chest as she glared at him. All he wanted was an advantage and she knew it. Another kick at the key made it turn again. " Break? ...You know nothing...of breaking another..." Mana was drawn from the partially opened key as she pulled herself up. Her scales and teeth grew larger while she began to return to her dragon form.

Above, Lumerin shimmered with light. The new constellations reappeared and took their places in the heavens, throwing her celestial alignment out of balance.

No things just got fun so nope", he said appearing above her and kicked her down to the floor before she completely transformed, "let's see. If I put you head in that portal. I wonder what would happen", he said checking his left hand which he put in the portal who was now golden in her blood, "you hear that heartbeat. Sounds like kuroi but more energetic. I see she gets her roughness from you", he said as the guardians appeared by his side, "I thought we would sit and make this an emperors war but even emperors have to draw out their swords right", he said as the dark sword flew to his hand and the light sword floated around him

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus