Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

"Shut up! I have never been jealous of her!" She barked.
The features of the cave slowly changed to be more carved out with specks of mana sparkling in the stone. Sparkles became as veins deeper in and runes began to float about like fireflies.

The singing voice became more clear as he ventured further in. It belonged to Kuroi. Eventually the cave split into five paths. Though the echoes made it difficult to discern which of three paths the voice came from, hints of a blue light resided in the mid-left path.

Had he done that? Averin looked to the side as he thought. " I don't believe that he has but it's tough to say" He shook his head as he wondered how many pranks he had. " I would say it's possible he pulled pranks that I am not aware of. The most extravagant one I believe is the statue he crafted for her. Prank is the wrong word for that...neither of them got rid of it"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

Statue heh. Seems like he came up with something new", she said sitting down, "so what now"

He looked at the mid left path, " well you sis try to steal me away when you first came here. Two blood sisters yet they refuse to cooperate. Looks like my work is cut out for me. We can't have you two fighting and destroying the world. she knows I hate puzzle situations. Well blue isn't her color its black so I will just go straight. Instead of going to her might as well bring her to me"

" Now we wait for them to return. You may do what you wish till then. If you're hungry I can prepare a meal, we have a collosal library you may enjoy, or perhaps there is something else you may want to enjoy" The ghost looked towards the door. She did ask to see Kuroi's room but there was plenty in the castle they could explore.

The path in the middle grew narrow before declining at a sharp angle. Sonne's chuckle echoed off the walls. "Yes, I did try to steal you away but it wasn't because I wanted you" More ideas flooded her mind as he spoke. A few things proved most amusing though. " No one said we had to destroy the world. Make it easy on both of us and just hand over her heart. I will end her life and this wretched war"

Shadows began to move about as the voice grew soft. Though natural formations still existed, the cave had become well carved out. Runes and magic lines could be seen in his light.

Eventually the narrow path opened up into a circular room. Deep trenches, filled with old blood, were carved into the floor to create a most foreign circle. Resting in key spots in and at the edge of the circle were podiums or braziers. Coals held a dim glow from ancient magic fires. The podiums were empty or held powerful artifacts that once housed great magic. Kuroi was nowhere to be seen.

So you didn't want me back didn't want her to have me. Sounds like jealousy don't you say. Well she isn't here so let's go back and follow the runes", he said turning back, "but what happened here"

Oh I'm not really hungry", he said going to a wall and her body began to merge with it. She entered the wall and came out the opposite side to the other room.

Where's his bag?" Lisa asked

"It's called breaking ones spirit" She said as her spirit stretched from the piece. "Such a sweet victory to watch the spirit die inside them before stripping them of their physical life. I took Travis from her and if I stole you too...turned you against her...she would shatter like glass" Her dark laughter filled the cave and the mana took the shape of a dragon's hand to claw the wall.

When she finally calmed downed, silence closed in. A sense of unease filled the void where the singing once was. "How interesting..." She stated while looking about. "I don't know what happened here anymore than you. At a guess these are where my wretched sister keeps changing the rules I set"

Another living soul walking through walls? How much power was being gathered in one place? He turned towards Lisa with a bit of a puzzled look. " I believe the bag is in room somewhere...you know I'm sure right now"

Ok", Lisa said not moving

Arivis", Elena called from the other room

Oh. So it's just like what I do. You have a name for it. It's a hobby for me", he said walking out of the tunnel, "you're pushing my limits here you know"

Averin flowed through the wall when he heard his name. " Something I can do for you?"

"A hobby? Then why haven't you broken Kuroi!?" Her voice rang through the cave but another whispered back from the right-most tunnel. More energy left the piece so she could stare down the tunnel. "I'm pushing your limits? Then go your own way and leave me alone!" Sonne's fire flowed down the tunnel when she searched for her prey.

A shadow stood in the tunnel on the left after she left. It watched him for a bit before turning to retreat into the tunnel. "You're here?" Kuroi's voice whispered as a breeze passed by him.

Waiting for your sister to leave. Smart. Now let's go", he said looking at the shadow, "you know I hate puzzles. They're a waste of time"

No. I just wanted to call my husband and wanted to know where the mana concentration is blessed in this place", she said

" The puzzlea was never meant for you to solve" The shadow dissapeared before it could round a corner. " I shall guide you to my resting place but I cannot leave yet. Not until I recover" A child's laugh danced about and something unseen tugged at his sleeve. Where the one vanished, a small shadow appeared. It cheerfully waved at him before running ahead.

He gained a sheepish grin when he realised that he mistook a name so easily. " Blessed mana concentration? You may find it a bit tricky to locate since the source of the mana here is...not home"

Confusing", she said giving him a blank face, "well. I will Ned's a Luce sacrifice", she said as a circle appeared in front of her

He followed the shadow, "you still have things to answer for"

When the circle appeared, Averin took a step back. " I trust you don't intend to do anything so brash"

The tunnel he was led through was long and winding. Some areas were flooded with ankle-deep water. " Answer for? I am aware of one" Kuroi said as the shadow ran into another large opening, running across a giant chasm that surrounded another circle similar to what he say before.

Magic filled the braziers and runes carved into the stone unlike the former. Should he cross, he would find her body laying in the center with her blood filling the lines. The energy and life of the world itself could be felt around her.
The shadow stood behind the body, looked at him, then faded away. " I know...I must answer to you for this"

He crossed over, "then why did you do this. Of all your siblings you're the worst to handle"

Oh I'm just joking", she said as the circle grew bigger and sounds of flowing wind could be heard from it

Why now. I thoyght you had to wait for two more months", a voice said, "the air here is spicy"

He already did it so might as well come here. Tell the rest", she repliad to the voice

" The worst!?" Her shadow took a step back and hung her head. The air began to chill at the thought of being worst than Sonne. Were all her efforts to no longer be what she was in vain?

After what felt like an eternity of silence, she looked up at him. " I did this to save the world. Lumerin is the source of all life. Without him, existence would cease. So, I healed him, the scorched world, and gave you what you wanted. I am immortal as long as my heart is safe so I will return"

Averin stepped back as the circle grew then sat down. He tipped his head and stared at the portal wondering who she was talking too. " What are you two going on about?"

Is that a man's voice I hear", the voice said

Calm down. Like anyone is like you that would want a woman like me", she replied

True true", the voice said as a hand came from the circle. It was black and its presence brought forth a aura of fear and destruction. The hand carcasses her face, "i will be back soon"

Oh punish that boy when you get back", she said

What did he do now", the voice said

Just punish him", she replied

Ok. Ok. Soon then", the voice said as the hand retreated and the circle closed.

Well I never asked you to give up your life. You should have just left it to me", he said

What was it he just heard? Averin shifted so his nose pointed where the portal was. " I daresay, I'm confused" He lifted his head to look at her. " Punish who for what? I believe you mean Shinigami but...well it really isn't any of my buissiness"

A book floated through the air when he grabbed and took a peek inside. Normally he would enjoy the time of peace alongside Kuroi, a reprieve from the hell. A single word stood out on the page, " hunter", and brought back the orders Kuroi had given him. For whatever reason she was finding her ambition once more. " Unless you have need of me, I need to get to work. My lady has plans for building this era" He said closing the book. " Ah yes, she did mention you. She said you seemed eager to experiment on her..."

" I know you didn't...it was my choice" Kuroi said as her shadow to a brazier. " The world was on your shoulders and I wanted to lighten your burden...walk by your side. Is it wrong that I want to help you?" Mana was pulled from the brazier and directed to her body. The wound healed slightly and the brazier began collecting more mana.

" It's funny how hard it was this time. My last sacrifice and I'll...we shall make sure of it by guiding this era instead of Sonne" As her shadow turned, it gained features and form to make her look alive. " Perhaps I sound like my sister...making excuses...so I'll admit...I know you never wanted me to do this...and I must answer to that"

She cast her gaze into the darkness as her thoughts split in two about the consequences. Would restoring the world a final time be worth the risk or prove fatal? More echoes of Sonne's voice brought her back to focus. "She'll find us soon and I'm sure you came here to do more than talk.

I came to get you out of here", he said walking towards her, "also came to make sure you were alright"

Ok. You can go", she said

She turned back to face him and stared for a moment before smiling. Relief washed away her fear. " I'm ok...in a sense" Her hand was held towards her body. If not for the blood, one might think she had fallen asleep. " Thank you. I didn't want you see this...but I'm glad you came. I can leave safely when my body is healed" More mana was pulled from the braziers to pour into her.

He hugged her then, "I will be back. I will don't bother running away", he said then let go and began walking away. He held the piece up as a magic circle appeared around the cave covering it, "it will protect you and signal if you're attacked", he said leaving the cave, "later then. Is it lust. Most likely", he said

He was indeed different to hug a ghost. It took her a few moments to realize exactly what he did and when it clicked he had already stepped back. " I won't go anywhere. Not until I'm healed" She waved at him while watching him leave. " I hope to see you again soon..."

He got out of the cave, "jealousy. Come back here you slimy demon", he said forcing sonne back into the piece, "be quick with it now.",

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus