Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

The question hit him hard forcing him to stop. His wings fanned so he could maintain his balance. The fog swirled away to give a clear view of a window that he stood before, head down. " You have no idea....I have seen what they do those who defy them. My...."
He started to tremble only to stand up straight.The thought of the boy in the city ran through his mind. " No, the real reason is who will suffer if I leave?" The Luminary was getting closer now and he didn't have much time left. " The monster who was seen that night was me. I was creating the nightmares to distract them as I searched for the truth, the forbidden secrets that keep those fools under the Luminaries thumb." He started to walk away but paused and sighed. " I have asked myself the same question....but only find excauses." He chuckled as he listened to his own words. " Just...stay hidden....you already said you were not choosing sides"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

“Ok then. Call me if you need wrath.”, he said getting ready to fly up, “you said they have a secret on you that kept the people on hold. If I help you find their weakness, will that help you”, he asked briefly

He nodded with a vague smile hidden behind his hood. " Then I would owe you for giving us our freedom" Time was up and he knew it. The darkness swallowed him whole leaving a clear view of the ceremony.

The Valra that the Luminary had passed were following behind her now. Even with her cloak, one could tell she was of unparalleled beauty. Peacock feathers of the purest white trailed behind her like a train. She gave off a glow that the dark fires tried so desperately to swallow. Yet despite such radiance in her arms was the sacrifice. A child that was not even a week old yet.

He hid his presence and went inside. He took off into the ceiling and found a stable side to watch from. He observed as the woman carried the child and a lot of questions ran through his mind. He took out a note and began to write down what he observed.

As the woman stepped forward, Valra stepped aside to guide her towards an altar that sat beneath a balcony. Two Valra with their arms and wings stretched towards each other were crafted from a dark metal.

On the balcony stood two white Valra, a male and female, who watched her with intrigue. Though the woman never looked up she knew they were there and kneeled before the altar, raising the child up towards them. " As the night must bow to the day so too must the light be consumed by the darkness. Here my prayer and accept my offering. I beseech you, send me the finest of your blood to fullfil my wish" Carefully she stood and placed the child in the arms of the metal Valra before slowly stepping back as though honoring a god.

The white Valra spoke in an unknown tongue to answer her. The candles in the room lit with the darkfire and stole the light in an instant. In it's place darkness and an eerie glow fit for the finest nightmares. The others cawed or chanted some sort of spell.

The ritual was real but the act of the Luminary had drawn out Nasr's dark side. Black fire erupted before the altar and Nasr stepped forth. He towered over her in this form but the true surprise was what the fire revealed. He resembled more of a demon now, a dark shadow with a purple light seeking escape from deep within. His talons threatened to take her blood when she spoke once more. " Grand demon of nightmares, ill omens, and death, I bind you to our ancient pact. Behold a young and innocent heart I have brought to you tonight!"

Those words, it was like chains of fire had bound every fiber in his body. He let out a terrible cry, a mix of a howl and raven's call, before turning around to face the now crying child.

Hw watched in surprise as the Valra who hated the luminaries so much obeyed this lady’s words. He wanted to see this woman’s face. Why was she giving sacrifice to the kind her kind hates to the extent of building a weapon to chase them out of their land, “tobi”, he whispered and a small wisp sound drove to his ears. His spirit assistant , Tobi, was waiting for its instructions, “spy. The lady”, the spirit still invisible went on the poses the woman’s robes and stayed there.

The woman was completely unaware of the spirit despite her own spiritual powers. Perhaps she was too focused on her own agenda. The hood of her cloak hid a devious smile as she waited eagerly for the offering to be taken.

Now Nasr spoke in the low, hymn-like chant as his hand floated over the child. It's screaming was murder to his ears but slowly the child grew quite. "Nightmares....that's all this is..." He thought as he felt a feral power rise from deep within his soul. Another pass over the child and it's eyes clouded over.

Silence...silence only found in madness filled the darkness now and nightmares could take root. Now there was murmuring, dark and evil. Something moved through the darkness then another. Glowing eyes blinked in and out of existence. The Valra and something else was waiting.

Beak of shadows and obsidian, gleaming in the eerie light fell upon the sacrifice. The silence broken by shattered bones and blood falling into the ebony bowl. Magic kept the child silent as Nasr lifted the tiny, beating heart free from it's former cage. Each beat felt like a new wound to him as he waited for something.

A voice blew through the room as a powerful wind and Fear manifested behind the white Valra. Tonight it held the form of a dragon though it had no legs. It's skull and skeletal fingers were attached to darkness that was thicker than oil. Green flames burned within the empty sockets as a slimy, green, forked tongue flicked about. Suddenly it all made sense to Nasr as her words flooded back to his mind. "Grand demon of nightmares..."

How long had he stared at the true demon before he crushed the heart in his beak? He didn't know. Fear released a terrible shriek and spirits flowed from it's mouth. Each one swirled about like banshees to torment the Valra but he was left alone. Instead a sharp pain filled his gut and vanished rapidly.

In the chaos a set of tender hands took hold of his beak and drew him close to give her order. It was the Luminary. One would assume she was vampire with how pale she was. Hair like a ghost's fell over her shoulders in elegant waves. Her eyes as blue as a peacock's feathers. " Now heed me well, demon...." She spoke softly into his ear though luckily the new spirit would hear. " A new creature has appeared and has scared my soldiers. I will not tolerate such insolence. Bring him to me....alive." She tucked a folded piece of parchment into his armor before stepping back. " Now drink of the blood and accept the power I have granted you"

He was listening but didn’t hear of the whisper. He had to stop this ritual now. First he sent a light arrow outside the building. The arrow went for a few feet and returned through the window and landed between the woman and vasr. Shinigami threw his hood down gently and filled it with light energy making t seem like a being on light was wearing the cloak, “enough with the lies”, read a message over the cloak’s head. The cloak raised its hands and fingers of light create to fool the woman were point at her, “all those lies”

The Valra quickly scattered due to the sudden burst of light. Many ran or flew into each other, creating a feather storm. Nasr dropped to the ground and covered his eyes. His other hand rested on the altar but the feel of the blood on his fingers filled his heart with regret.

The Luminary cast off her hood and glared at the light before her. " You dare interrupt a sacred ritual!? Such insolence! And as a creature of light you should know better than to challenge me AND call me a liar!"

“Sacred ritual, light. All instresting indeed”, he said to himself as he writes down

The cloak moved it finger to the child, “you force someone’s else hands to do something not need and promise him healing. You promise them life if they serve you. You change the words to make that believe that light extinguishes darkness and darkness feds off light, the worst lie you told today”, he hand moved to her, “you are being trailed and the one to execute you is already her. Gain an army to fight him and we will kill you from within, light needs darkness to survive if not it would have gotten rid of it comepletely. You know this truth”

Such a threat and accusations were the worst possible insult to her. She raised her chin in defiance and worked to keep her noble composure. " You know nothing, knave. I give these pitiful beasts purpose and life. Even you must know that a demon has no right live among those of us who are civilized" She gently blotted her face with a fine cloth that she had in her pocket. " I will build my armies but it will shall be you who falls not I! I have the power of god! I can heal or destroy whoever I want!"

Nasr chuckled due to her response. The insult was far too hilarious for him but her arrogance made him want to brave the light to take his own swing at her.

“Dor a lady so beautiful she makes you want to puke”, he said to himself then focused on the cloak

“Another lie, they had civilization, your civilization started with a village then a town then a country. You saw that they were growing and destroyed there before it reached the next step. And one more thing youre wrong about, they arent demons, we sent a true demon against you and we have given him our blessings. Leave right now, your presence have dirtied this place enough or else another message will be sent and this time it won’t hit the floor like before”, the cloak said then the figure disappeared burning the cloak with it. The words, “you and your followers are being trailed. You’ve been warned”, appeared where the cloak was
He watched dearly to see her reaction

She stared at the words with enough malice to slay a dragon. Eventually she huffed as she turned on her heels and stormed out. She refused to lose all of her noble dignity after all. " Get the job done, Valra! It doesn't matter how!"

Nasr slowly sat up and watched her fade into the darkness. He had never heard use the word knave before and it was incredibly amusing. But the job...there was more to the job than what she said. He reached up to grab the parchment she tucked into his armor as he looked around for Shinigami. " That....was priceless"

“Well I wonder who that mysterious being of light was though. Just kidding the cloak enough should tell it was me. I’m above the exit by the way. And it kinda looked like she didn’t have any hair lines, fake maybe”, he said rubbing his chin, “well I said I will help you find their weakness like they did your. We know now that theres info they don’t want us to know”, he said waving his notebook around in the air, “did anyone else see this scene

He looked up and surpisingly smiled an honest and full smile. " No, I had no idea that was you! And you say she has fake hair?" He ended up looking at the sacrifice as he stood up. The fresh reminder of the feral power that rose within. It was only due to Shinigami's light that it was chased off. " Hey.....I owe you....really. Whatever you need I will be there" Quickly he reached up to wipe the blood from his beak.

" You know the one who caused this chaos then?" A deep female voice caused Nasr to look up at the balcony. There one of the white Valra stood, leering at him. " I....well....yes. You can NOT tell me she didn't deserve that!"

She crossed her arms as the other white Valra and Nasr's father stepped beside her. Nasr dropped his head waiting for his punishment but what he heard surprised him.

" Lura, my dear did you not hear what that boy said" The male white Valra said as he gestured towards Shinigami. He then looked up and smiled. " Yes, some of us saw your....brilliant light show. Come down here so we may speak"

“I guess you knew it was me all along then”, he said jumping down, “Also I didn’t know that the Valras could come in white. Instresting”, he said writing in his notebook, “they must be elders”

" White Valra such as such as ourselves are very rare. It is of no surprise that you don't know of us. As for knowing it was you the whole time...no." He turned and motioned for them to follow. Nasr had other plans though and started up the stairs to the stairs to the left.

Nasr's father watched him vanish for a bit before looking at Shinigami. " You said she lied about being able to heal. Nasr must have told you of his past." He shook his head but was far from angry. " What do you know that we do not? He has been healthy since we started to serve the Luminaries"

“Well, there’s a tale of creatures that feed off the bodies of the dead from war. They call the demon raven, valravens I think. You said that he has been getting better but that’s not the thing. These creatures get more powerful the more they eat. If he had fully consumed the child’s heart, he would Change for and his old self will be gone. That’s my theory”, he said going through his notebook, “the luminaries don’t even know much about your. History and don’t understand your element, will you trust them to cure your son. And from the looks of thing even if they know what he is, they don’t plan to cure him as they would have tried once”

The white ones looked back, quite impressed with the knowledge that he held. Nasr's father folded his arms behind his back and nodded. " Then you believe he is simply powerful and needs a heart...or a specific heart to cure him?"

Lura chuckled as she gracefully sat down. " Pyre, let him finish. You know your son has always had a feral spirit. Besides he may simply be stating that the Luminaries may be forcing Nasr to change"
The other white Valra stepped behind Shinigami in an attempt to look at his notes. " Yes...that makes sense and we are the fools for believing them."

Pyre was lost in thought, memories of the choices he made to save his family flooding his mind. After a bit he dropped his head and sighed. " Then let him take the heart of the luminary who was here. That will be how they will cure him"

The white one raised his hands in an effort to calm him. " Patience. We didn't have him follow just to talk about Nasr" He shifted and pulled out a chair to offer Shinigami a seat. " You are a curious one indeed. Why are you truly here?"

“Normally I would say that it’s because it’s fun but this time it’s more than that. If this unbalance keeps going on then a war will break out. And also my kind believe in wandering around cause a purpose always finds us and I think mine is this”, he said sitting down in the chair that was provided, “ I don’t have all the info yet. I’ve done a good job being able to scare the lady, one more visit will be what I need to get her to talk. Maybe I will understand why they waited so long to attack your village. I think that they are scared of something and if I’m right, I would be able to free you all from them.”, he said then closed his notebook, “I’m not sure Nasr would want to eat another heart. He was the reason I stoped the ritual in the first place. His heart beat kept changing from beast to frustration then to demon”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus