Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

"A wanderer....I see." The white one walked over to his place, a throne crafted of bones, fine leather, and gleaming blood stones. The way he sat was evidence of his regal standing. " If this is truly your place to aid then listen to me well. As a former tribal leader I understand what you mean by the unbalance of elements"

Lura became concerned and looked at him. " Valcore, don't risk the lives of..." Quickly, he raised his hand to silence her. " Our white feathers are a symbolism of what you already are, young man. A balance." He ran his fingers over the polished bones that created his throne. " Life and death go hand in hand just as light and dark do. When a population is too great it kills itself from a lack of necessary resources. In turn those dead bodies return nutrients to the soil so new life can flourish. The dead that we normally feast on are riddled with harmful things that would kill any other race. To a degree we protect life though we thrive with death"

Valcore looked out the massive window to the moon that watched them. A silent prayer he made to his god before nodding and carrying on. " Spying on that Luminary is great but know that the damage they have caused is far reaching. You and Nasr should go to the cities and speak to the residents there. Listen to their tales and gather what info you can. Then, seek out the tribes that reside in nature and find the truth of each race. Only then will you get the whole image. Besides it will allow you to see our world and give Nasr a chance to escape this cage"

Pyre, who had been thinking the whole time finally looked over at them. Shinigami's last statement left him truly concerned. " Yes....he needs that freedom....." He shifted some hair out of his face. " My son's spirit is...unstable? What have those Luminaries done to him?"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

“I see. You’re right, one take isn’t enough for this matter, I need to hear it from the remaining sides”, he said to valcore then looked over to pyre, “no need to be unsteady, she won’t be back for a while. And to answer your question is simple, they were trying to make a servant only loyal to them. If the tales I heard are correct then this ritual was the final step, why else will they willingly send a baby to be killed here.”, he said then opened his notebook, “the luminaries are powerful over you for one thing, they have something to subdue you, with the time you have I advise you quickly create something against them so they don’t come attacking. I will help with what I can just promise my existence will be a secret. Please, it’s also for your own good”

His answer comforted Valcore greatly. " Then allow me to help set you on the right path" Standing up, he raised his hand to the moon. The light it gave was ethereal and seemed to dance across something invisible. It shimmered then gained form until a sheet that seemed to be made of silk and obsidian appeared in his hand. Valcore looked over it before turning to place it on the table. " This is nightveil a very special parchment. The writing can only be read by those of the night element or you"

He sat back down but knew a little more explanation was needed. " Those of the night element are the only ones to wield light and dark in equal shares. They are not you as the light they wield is surely of a different kind. Quite odd that do not rule is it not?" The question left a heavy silence for a moment. The only sound was the ravens outside. " Now on this list should be the entirety of Nyctoran elements. Light, Dark, Day, Night, Fire, Stone, Wind, Water, Metal, Lightning, Plant, Crystal, Soil, Ice, and Magma. The cities tend to group them into core elements with a few exceptions. This list should help you keep track of who all you have spoken too"

He wanted to talk more but even he could feel the change in the elements. " Come my dear, we must make plans to defend ourselves. The boy is right. They will retaliate after this insult" Lura nodded in agreement and stood. " We shall leave you two for the time being. Please, rest awhile and finish preparing before you leave. As for you our guest, you don't exist. Like us you are nothing more than something in children's stories" The promise was made. With that the white ones faded away.

Now Pyre was left with the one who had saved his son. He stared at the dark sheet on the table that looked blank to him. " They have always brought babies to us....but I never realized..." He slammed his fist onto the table with enough force that he cracked it. " You have my thanks. I could not handle losing him too" A sigh escaped as he rubbed his forhead. "I can provide you with a new cloak and perhaps other things you and Nasr may need" He looked around realizing that he hadn't seen his son since the ceremony was interrupted. " Where is that boy?"

“Don’t worry the forest knows”, he said standing up, “well I will need a new cloak and I think that’s all just worry about protecting your people. I will take care of your son for now and if we find a way to help him, we will. You have my word on that”, he said standing up, “also please call me if you have any more troubles, you can send that robin I was talking about earlier she knows to find me”

Pyre nodded and grinned for the first time in awhile. " We will make sure that our kind are safe. I shall have the cloak waiting for you here" Now he stood and looked out the window. " I will have my ravens look after your robin. Should the Luminaries find out about her..." He shook his head and walked away.

Nasr was sitting by his favorite river listening to it's song. The armor was placed back on it's stand and he returned to his humanish form. Everything about the night bugged him except for the aid from Shinigami. In one hand he looked at the parchment and in the other he held his flute. " Demon..." He mumbled to himself.
He folded the parchment and stuffed it in his pocket before raising the flute. Music always helped him sort out his thoughts. This melody was full of pain and regret. The power so great that clouds began to form and thunder rolled in the sky.

He noticed the sudden change in the sky, “guess we don’t need a search party”, he said walking outside, and took to the sky to find Nasr. He jumped into the river when he found him and stuck only his head out of the water, “hello Nasr, I have news for you”

He looked down at the river as he set his flute aside. Swimming now that was something that could be fun. " News? Did you manage to annoy that Luminary again?" He chuckled as he slid the flute back into it's case.

“No. Not yet. Your dad said we’re going to be traveling together so I came to get you”, he said moving forward, “we are going to that lady’s room while she sleep”

" Sneak into her room.." He stood up and looked towards the Sunstone Tower with a devious grin. " You know that is death wish but..." He looked back and offered his hand to help him up. " I will take that chance"

“Ok, then but let’s not do it now cause she should be talking to guards since she’s till scared”, he said then looked at his hand for a while, “it’s warm in her so it will be cold when I get out. And my belt went missing for some reason”

That wasn't something he expected to hear. He pulled his hand back and leaned against the tree behind him. " How did you lose that? Be happy no girls are around" His eyes lit up with mischief now. " Girls....I know one guy who wishes they would stop following him. Anyway need me to find your belt?"

“Sure, it’s Hun over there”, he said pointing at a belt that on on the shore. It was black and had a dragon’s sculpture on it, “be careful with it, it magic”

It didn't take much for Nasr to get into the trees and jump to where his belt was hanging. " Magic...should I be worried about it blasting my feathers off with light?" He reached down cautiously when he noticed the dragon sculpture. His inner thief was worse than a magpie. He shook his head when his talons connected with it. " Don't...take it..."

“Oh the dragon is where I keep my spirit assistant. Don’t break it. The belt won’t hurt you but he will”, he said raising a finger above the water in warning, “you see he hates it when his house is interrupted”

That was all he needed to hear. The last thing he needed was a spirit haunting him because he stole it's house. Carefully he lifted the belt from the branch and worked his way back. The branches rattled like bones when he stepped across them.
" Nice to know" He said as he rested the belt on the rock. Now Shinigami could grab it when he wanted, easily.

He slunk over and peered into the water. " Water is warm today.....plenty of food then"

He took the belt and wore it then came out of the water, “sorry usaully the spirit helps to hold my belt in place but he’s not here right now”

" Right you sent it after the Luminary..." He continued to stare into the water until a familiar whine was heard. He rapidly flipped over to watch the night sky light up. " The eye....Hide NOW!! she's done talking to guards" He scrambled to his feet only to take his raven form and fly off.

He quickly went into the water and covered himself with darkness to fit in with the dark. He didn’t know what was going on but listened to the warning

The light eventually formed an upward curve. Which opened to reveal a blue eye. Despite the light it gave off, where the eye should have been white it was black instead. Almost digital in appearance which was most disturbing.

Screams rose from the city as the eye looked around. A beam of light showing it's sight. As it crossed over the forest the fog burned away to reveal how dead the land looked. Eventually it focused on the mansion. Whatever it was looking for it did not find and looked over the forest one more time before closing.

The scent of blood and death filled Nasr's nose. Something was wrong

He came out and covered his body with light so not a part of his body wasn’t covered. He walked around for a while and took to the air, “what’s wrong, why an eye”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus