Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

he slamed the paper on the ground and a circle appeared around them causing true mana to shift and the illusion broke. he was breathing hard.

i meant for his kin"she said poking her
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

The Varvatra stood around them, watching beyond the fading shards of the illusion. They remained eerily motionless with their masks hiding any potential sign of concern. " He's willing to harm himself to break the illusion...curious" The female leader said.

" Effective and unwise" The male leader stated and approached; reaching out to look over Shinigami. " Against a single caster, this tactic will grant you freedom. They will suffer injury too unless they are a master. Your weakened state will leave you as prey. Against many, another illusion will be waiting and escape may be impossible or end you"

What was the purpose of becoming a sword? After looking around with a sharp glare, Nasr focused on the Varvatra. " You have no idea what he will risk. If his girl was here, he might risk more than his head!"

The woman looked at the Valra then to the human and raised her head. It was tough to say if it was pride or something else. " He has a love? That opens new training opportunities. Next time" She raised a hand and beckoned to someone to come forward. A little fox burst from a bush and placed the scroll in Shinigami's lap.

" You have laid claim to the role unless you mean someone else. In that case...I fear I've forgotten" The memory of that dark time returned to her. It was chaotic and hard to focus on individuals. Her mother's scorching heat had brought to the edge of death yet she found a way to keep going.

his breathing paused then a sense of killing intent excaped for a second and disappeared. he woke up and smacked his forehead, "that migraine would last months. halook the whole illusion was broken this time though i would not want to use it again.", he said then droped nasr, "sorry",he took out his notebook and began writing, "use this type of illusion so the target would injure themselves and make themselves more vulnarable to your level. if the illusion is powerful against gods then they better not find this notebook", he said closing the book and looked around, "unwise i know. it will grow back soon though the weakening after would be a problem. note to self, must find ways around the weakening effect. auctually find ways other than injury. yeah thats less painful", he said opening the book and writing again, "so yeah did i miss anything. nasr? wait whys everyone looking at me like that. i can explain it if you wantWit is there more?"

seriously i was there", she said with a blank face, "you said you brought them here but how dont you remember me"

Dark mana scattered off Nasr once he hit the ground. He dusted off his feathers then returned to his normal form. " It is amazing you can still think with a migraine" He turned and pointed to the portion of Shinigami's head which held a bruise from the crack. " Light and sound must be painful with that damage. Best to let Kuroi, Yuuma, or Pavol heal you. ...or just Kuroi"

The female leader lifted her hand as if telling them to calm. As she did so, the fox became as a wisp and flew away. " Illusions are a gift of the gods. They hold secrets beyond our knowledge" She rested her hand by her side and turned to husband.

" Those who have challenged the gods illusions have never returned" He continued. " Lumerin has blessed them with sweet dreams but Solarium has surely devoured their mana and spirit" He strode past them to a brazier burning with incense. One of the sticks was taken and moved, wafting smoke over a few carvings before it was placed in a different container. " You have much to learn. Return in a month's time to continue your training"

The other leader rested her hand under the chin of her mask. " Bring your love when you return. The challenge will be greater" A breeze across and carried every Varvatra and trace of them away, leaving the two in a dark an eerie forest.

Nasr whipped about, looking around the unfamiliar place. No talismans, no tracks or fires. It was like the Varvatra never existed at all. Another illusion? The weight on his mind was evidence this was reality. " We both missed something..." He answered with a distant tone while staring into the darkness.

She lifted Tobi by the tail and poked her in the belly. " Chaos. That's how. My focus in that burning hell was bringing some humans here not who. Introductions were never made and I doubt you were a rodent then" As she set her down, the success of her work returned to her mind. " If your memory is so perfect, then you know the time of introductions was denied in my death. My blood to ensure some of your kin could reach safety"

i doubt it. come on lets go.",he said standing, "i want to see her reaction"

well i wasnt",tobi said poking her, "your turn"

" That should be interesting. Getting back will be easy, thankfully" Nasr rested a hand on his shoulder and returned them to the house through darkness.

" Very well, truth or-" Her gaze shifted up when shadows began to gather in the middle of the room. Once they scattered to reveal the boys, she stood up. Concerned washed over her expression and stance as she looked over them.

" You're bruised" She said stepping over to Shinigami. Her fingers were brought near it yet she didn't touch it or barely brushed it. " How did you get injured?"

would you believe me if i told you i got injured fighting in a world without you but filled with naked women", he said looking at her with a grin ,"wait nasr remember what they said about the gods"

tobi looked at them, 'idiots"

Her fingers curled into a claw shape as she grit her teeth. She held her breath for a time while answering his grin with a bitter glare.

A nervous grin appeared on Nasr while he shifted on his feet. " That no one has returned after challenging the illusions of the gods or that they know secrets none of us know? I say the latter, right?" He said in a matter of fact way.

" Trying to dodge the issue are you?" Kuroi snapped as her glare was turned to Nasr briefly then back to Shinigami. " A Luminary, even a god can't scratch you but a bunch of naked women can!? You sweet-talking-"

" Whoa! Hold up! It is not what it seems" Nasr stepped between the two as he watched Kuroi's claws shift into a more dangerous form. " They did not touch him! He was very loyal. I can attest to that myself. He hurt himself actually" By now he was nodding frantically and held a soft yet pleading chuckle.

" How convenient..." Her glare shifted between the two as she pondered over the situation. It made sense considering nobody could touch him yet she had been able to drive a blade through him when he was focused on her. It was Tobi's words which got her to lower her hand. Training, but she turned to Nasr now. " You need to quit trying to get him into trouble!"

" Right...just like the succubi la-" The grin faded when the strange yet familiar scent filled his nose once more. "...that scent. It is stronger...no wonder you are extra pissy. Did you tell him y-"

" Stop changing the subject!"

It’s ok. No one touched me. More like they were trying to invite me but who noticed. Oh yes, the foxes. They know a secret if not why would they hide so quickly. They moved while we were in the illusion. Strange” he said. Tobi had began treating his wound, “ow”

Shut up”, tobi said

Okie now two mad women, I would run but they tobi already placed a barrier on the room”, he said sighing, “were screwed”, he said as tobi starting bandaging him

Oh no punishment this time. Just her bickering your ear out”, tobi said to him

" Bickering...hmm...you think she will freeze us?" Nasr said with a cheesy grin. His attention quickly turned to Shinigami though. " They might have vanished because you are injured. Training quit afterwards so what is-"

" Care to explain this training?" Kuroi had crossed her arms and leaned back now; watching as Tobi tended to his wounds. There was a way to see if he was lying or not yet it felt invasive for one she loved. Then again was it equally unfair that she scowled at him if he was telling the truth? " Invites, naked women, and foxes...it sounds too perfect for you boys to come out unscathed"

Ice filled his veins now as he looked back at Kuroi. " Well...it is possible but...a barrier? I feel like one word is all it will take to dodge ice" He glanced towards Tobi for a moment then smiled at Kuroi. " I know what will prove how screwed we are! That scent! He will notice it eventu-"

" You're first on the run list if you don't stop!" Ice built on her finger when she pointed at him. " You already earned it for showing him such riske sights!" She turned to Shinigami now. " Again, care to explain this training?"

Hmmm. No”, he said then disappeared

6,5,4,3,2,1”, tobi said and shinigami appeared in his place again

That one?”, he asked

Different. But the next time only hurts you”, tobi said

It was just some training”, he said

A single brow was raised as she stepped closer to him, leaning forward to look him in the eyes. " If that's all it was, why run, hm? What kind of training requires naked women?"

" Restraint against temptations" Nasr said with a massive grin. " Who knows what demons are hiding or what Solarium and her followers will offer"

" Or you" She growled at him.

" Right...or me..." He slid his foot across the floor and began to slink away.

Ok fine. You see we were in illusions so to prove it was an illusion I say something nonsense and it happens”, he said

Oh. That’s all?”, Toni asked

I asked for naked warrior women but none showed. Though there were naked women”, he said to tobi

Bummer?”, tobi asked

Yeah they didn’t fight. Well did but more like scary”, he said

" You DID want the women!" She got in his face and grabbed the collar of his shirt. " You jerk! I know you're smart enough to know illusions build on what you desire and fear!"

" Did we mention he was not touched and he turned away their advances..." Nasr held up a finger and held a nervous grin. " It was training. We learned what illusions can do now"

She shot an icy glare at the valra before focusing on Shinigami once more. " You had better learned what they can do or do you intend to teach your children bad ha-" Her eyes shifted, wide with shock, as she looked over him; heart tight and breath restrained with a blush rising to her face. Nasr's derailing words flooded back and she stepped back. Tobi and Nasr were right? It felt too soon to be acting up but it was her first.

Hmmm. Don’t worry. Everything was alright. And tobi will scold the children”, he said with a grin

You’re not leaving me with any more demons”, tobi said

Yep”, he said standing up and held kuroi, “it’s ok. I didn’t do anything you wouldn’t want. Well I broke my horn and saw some but that doesn’t matter. You’re safe right. Knowing that we need to figure out how to keep you safe”, he said poking her cheek, “anything from your mother?”
Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" Demons are they?" She smiled as he held her. " What did you do to her?" A hand was raised near his bandaged head now, fingers dancing gently at it's edge. Seemed he gave himself just punishment.

She turned her head the other way when he poked her. Apparently today was national poke day. " I'm fine. Tobi made sure of that. We were playing a game when you returned"

" A game while we were..." Nasr paused for a moment, chin in hand while he thought. Suddenly he lifted his head. " Can we join?"

" The game will be more fun with more but..." She looked at Shinigami with a gentle smile. He didn't react as she had anticipated at all. So...calm but that helped soothe her own nerves. " Nothing from my mother yet. My castle is sure to be flooded by her followers, however, since I restored my mana and gathered things"

Oh that explains the ice”, he said

Ok I’m out now”, tobi said then disappeared

Ha. Just us three. Though I want to play...auctually I don’t im going to go rest”, he said walking to the couch, “Is Darcie still here”

" You can still play after a rest or when you've recovered " She followed him halfway then stopped at glanced towards the room where she placed her stuff. The illusions or was it something else came to her mind. " Darcia has been sent away by Tobi to find the source of some trouble"

" Trouble and allies..." Nasr sighed and shook his head while heading to a window. " Everything is a mess. I feel like we need to find what is still holding it all together and shatter it"

" My mother" The words came out fast as she refocused on the boys. " After that nightmare, something feels..." Her gaze became distant for a few blinks. A few things felt off compared to before they fell asleep and his mention of allies struck one inparticular.

Her attention returned to the here and now with a smile. " Any reason you're asking about Darcia?"

Oh nothing”, he said laying on the couch and fell asleep.

Tobi appeared and began healing his wound

Ha tsunade”, shinigami said with his eyes still closed

Sleep”, tobi said knocking him out

" She vanishes then reappears..." Kuroi mumbled while watching her work. " Since you're tending to him, I shall get food started and return to my work while he rests" She vanished to the icebox only to return with meat for them. As she began to prepare it, Nasr watched.

" He is sleeping, you girls are busy, and I have nothing to do...fun!" Nasr sat in a nearby chair and leaned back with his hands behind his head.

" You could train or search for allies" She said while glancing over his shoulder.

" Training...always training!" He sighed. " Searching for allies, yeah...We need to find Keiran if the kid is still alive but something has been bugging me since I woke up"

The meat was put into a smoker before she turned around. " Much is wrong. I intend to find out why in my studies"

" Of course you would notice..." His attention turned to Shinigami now. " The last human was important to him and I have not found a trace of Keiran yet. No trace of our enemies can be found either. Even Pavol acted weird but it is too...peaceful. Solarium is still hunting us but it feels like when we started, how they just sat there in their paradise"

" That's good" Kuroi returned to the other room and flipped through her notes again. " It means we can get a new look at their plans. I must agree, the dissapearance of Keiran and foes like the mechanical undead are...troubling"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus