Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

He moved closer to her and kissed her for a few seconds then moved away. He had a grin on his face when he was done.

Tobi covered her grin and poked her, “hey. Really. You believed it”
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" Did you just...that's my...grrr! She's just an illusion, just an illusion!" Nasr grumbled while tugging on his hair; careful not to ruin any of his feathers. Shadows danced at his feet but burst away when he heard Inei erupt with fury.

" Jack@*$! Flirt with the girls who aren't taken!" Her arm flicked out and from her grasp a dagger was thrown at him.

" ...Kuroi does not need to know when he faces her temper..." Nasr stated while watching in a calm yet curious way, contented to just stay out of it.

So many pokes. She looked back up, still red yet held a harsh expression. Was Tobi mocking her? " Of course I believe it!" She barked. " I may not understand you completely but Averin doesn't lie! He avoids saying something if I'm not to know!"

Her eyes widened as a portal opened beside her. She stepped through only to return with the roast lamb. The scent alone was making her hungry but she stepped back and held her hand out to it. " You're meal is ready"

He dodged the dagger as a purple liquid cane fell out his mouth. He grinned more, “there’s the real inei”

She looked at her, “I don’t need that. You do. Lady who thinks womb and babies are the same thing”

" What is wrong with you!? And what..." She wiped off her mouth and scowled at her hand. " What is dripping from your damn mouth!? Poison?"

" Or something to break the illusion..." Nasr mumbled while rubbing the back of his head. " That is a good question"

She smacked her face when she realized exactly what Tobi meant. " I clearly...well I mis...understood" With a sigh she sat down at the table and began cutting it apart. It was meant for her the whole time? Clearly it was more than her embarrassing mishap she read wrong. Would she ever get used to Tobi's unusual ways.

" ...Thank you..." She said just before taking a bite. " I may have been wrong about you. We must find a way to understand each other better"

A sweet substance”, he said snapping his finger, “the more mana you use the sweeter and deadlier it becomes”

Tobi pokes her again, “awww trying to score points with me so shinigami will like you better”, she said teasing

" It is poison..." Nasr's voice was monotonous as he gave his friend a dull look. " When did you put that...nevermind. The purpose?"

For a brief moment, Inei stood with her fists clenched and eyes clamped shut. After taking a deep breath, she lunged forward and wrapped her talons around Shinigami's neck. " I'll show you deadly!"

" Whoa! Easy there!" He rush forward to try and pry her off. " Killing him...is a bad idea! If you can kill him"

A small bone cracked between her teeth when Tobi poked her again. She was talking, that seemed good but..." What do you want from me, woman?" Kuroi glanced over, trying her best to stay calm and not blush more. Whether she was succeeding or failing was unknown to her.

" I'm sure he likes me regardless of where we stand..." The words stung as she returned her meal. While her own family was...lacking, his family seemed together even if they tormented each other. Being on his family's good side was important, right?

He phased through the and began walking to the tower then stoped, “what does your scroll say nasr?”, he asked

Tobi picked her again and again teasing, “oh. Look at her in love”

" I hate it when he does that..." Nasr's mumbled. He found himself dodging Inei's claws, changing form and taking to the air. She was still upset at Shinigami though, so chased him instead.

" Again with the scroll!" He said as he soared overhead. " I think we made a good start with the talisman! Now where are they?"

Kuroi's expression was so blank even her eyes were dull. Each poke cut through her nerves like a blade to rope. She closed her eyes and shoved the plate back, trying to ignore the growing strain with a deep breath. For all the restraint she did have, however, one more poke found her whipping around to stare Tobi down with a bitter gaze. " What do you want that you'd taunt me like a child!?"

Hmmm. I think the whole thing is there. Wait they used the same kind of illusion in the dream”, he said, “stab inei”

Tobi looked at her with a blank face, “here to protect you that’s all”, she said

" How is stabbing her going to..." He glanced down to see her take her griffin form. In a single bound, she reached for Shinigami with deadly talons but they never reached him. Nasr's dove down and drove his beak through her spine, dropping her to the ground in the process.

A terrible cry, mix of howl and raven caw, came from her as she clawed at the ground yet she couldn't get back due to her back half not responding at all. " Nasr, you traitor!!" Soil mounded under her hands as she dragged herself forward. " They poisoned your mind!"

" No..." He said while striding over to his friend. " You are an illusion...nothing more" Saying the words aloud failed to soothe the pain in his heart though.

" Illusion!?" She snapped. " Idiot! You've spent too much time in the dreams!"

Silence resided with the blank stares for many minutes until she dropped her head on the table, hard enough for dishes to chime, and gave a thumbs up. With how often Tobi flipped moods, how did he manage to figure her out? Or did he? " Socializing is harder than it sounds in the books..." She thought to herself.

Head still on table, her mind shifted back to the real challenge, how to win against the sun. If Tobi was going to protect then new options appeared yet her fickle nature raised more questions. Where was her no limit?

He moved towards her, “hmmm. Nasr ask them to pause the session. If they don’t then....you know what to do. Now inei don’t move much. It’ll hurt more”

Tobi pokes her again, “hey don’t go silent like that. I’m bored”

" What do think you're going to do!?" Inei hissed as she looked at Shinigami. Her ears were flattened against the back of her head as she opened her jagged beak. The illusion rippled for a moment and sealed all in stillness, including Inei.

A giant fox mask, worn by foxfire, appeared in the sky above. " There is no rest for the prey, remember this" The female Varvatra's voice held a sharp edge in her graceful tone.

A single silver eye could be seen over her arm when Kuroi tipped her head to look at her, eyeing the rodent trapped human with curiosity and suspicion all at once. She soon sat upright. " A game then" She said picking Tobi up. " Truth or Dare is more fun if many play. Are there other games humans play?" This time Kuroi poked her.

A knot formed in her stomach almost immediately though. This was Tobi, trickster extraordinary and ancestor to her boyfriend, she was asking after all. Images of what Elena had done to Shinigami returned to her mind, the cake for one. She had learned those antics from someone...right? The memories were silenced. Perhaps she was simply paranoid.

Oh good for a second I thought we stab a foe pretending to be inei. Ok thanks sorry for that. Continue”, he said then paused, “wait how stupid do we look in real life right now?

Tobi eyed her then smiled ”truth or dare it is”

" Look at yourselves and tell me" The fox grinned then vanished, restoring the illusion but removing Inei.

" In other words, we are the only real ones here" Nasr said with a sigh. He returned to his normal form and walked on. " Why would it matter if we stabbed a foe?"

Her smile tied the knot in Kuroi's gut tighter yet she didn't show it. She stood and headed to the living room. " Very well. Truth or dare?"

He looked around then followed nasr, “maybe a way to defeat this one is in the scroll”

Truth”, tobi said grinning.

He sighed and slumped back while he walked, half staring at the sky like he was tired. " Fine! I will open the scroll!" His stance straightened as he pulled it out and stopped under a tree. Once unrolled, he stood there for a bit looking over it.

" Ok...beginner/intermediate basics...yes, breaking them with nightmares and what kind for each type of illusion...right beware of injury and death...oh look, they start using talismans to craft illusions but they are hidden inside. The talisman we found was outside. More here but it is useless for this illusion. Nothing about the memory and sensory influence" It was rolled back up and he looked at his friend. " This is an advanced or expert illusion"

Kuroi sat there for a bit, pondering how to start, until she decided how. " Let's say Nyctoran bodies can't hold your spirit, theoretically only" She said holding a finger up. " Which beast would be an ideal body for you?" Perhaps a controversial question for one so proud but it felt best to test the waters. Tobi's grin suggested she would turn the game into some more...insane soon.

Oh. Then we find said talismans”, he said looking around, “maybe at the center of this illusion”

Tobi grined, “who said they can’t hold me(“

" Or scattered about" He shrugged. " Use those horns of yours. They created holes in the illusion where I found the first talisman. We could find more as we wander about"

" I said theoretically..." She sat on the sofa and set Tobi down next to her. " The question is limited to beasts"

Ok”, he said as the horns began to glow, “I can’t rwally control them”, he said as the began to dissolve the illusion

Then human form”, she said

This time he followed Shinigami and peered between the gaps that were created. " What is the risk of not controlling them?"

" Remind me to state humans aren't an option for this question...because I said beasts..." She replied with a sigh. Her temples were rubbed for a moment then she looked at Tobi. " For now, you're turn "

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus