Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

It’s all to drag him out. If he wakes the rest of his kin it would mean another Great War, you know the one that sealed solarium and caused the creation of his kind”, tobi said not looking away, “whoever holds Kieran holds a key to us. As for parole the kid is just weird”,
Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" He is a Luminary! You expect him to not be weird?" Nasr blurted out. He rested his hand on his forehead and chuckled. " The kid did not recognize us or acted like we were strangers"

Her focus remained on her notes and what Tobi said. " You mean the Fall of the Gods? Birth of Nyctorans" She grabbed the massive book her parents and sister had written in and opened it up. There were tons of pages for her to fill in too along with her children but she flipped to the earlier entries.

" You're right but it's more than him they seek to draw out. Keiran is only a piece of the puzzle" Her eyes darted across the pages as her finger ran down them one by one. " Shini asked about the real game and my brother admitted that even the gods didn't know where it was"

" And recently a Luminary mentioned a devil" Nasr said with a shrug. " First time I heard of this devil"

The word struck deep, burning Kuroi's soul with the question she asked herself many times before. She stood straight and looked at Tobi. " A devil? You never explained why you're obsessed with creating one but let's consider what you just said"

She slid a seat over and sat down. " How is Keiran a key to your kind when he's born from a Nyctorans? Next, consider the repercussions of another Great War when your kin is free. This world will change combining old and new, Nyctorans and the First Race. Should they mix, a third race shall be created, one powerful enough to topple the delicate mess Nasr spoke of earlier. Solarium must have a motive as Shini pointed out so what's hiding behind the mess?"

Kierans the key because remember when the humans were slaughtered. Remember how he almost went on a rampage and destroy everything. He didn’t because Kieran was the last hope, once that’s gone then.....you know the rest. And solariums motif, this is why I hate gods like her, they let their rpwants kill everything. What solarium wants you have to ask her that yourself. There are clues but she won’t admit anything and this demon you speck of, there’s no such thing”, Tobi said finishing with shinigami

For a single boy to determine Shinigami's state and the fate of the world...her gaze shifted to the floor just before she returned to the book. " He's hardly the last hope now though I refuse to leave Keiran in their hands. Nasr shall head the search for the boy since he raised him"

A single eye was opened as he looked at her. " Hard to believe this baby I found buried in a pile of dead would become so important. Years later and we need to find him before buddy goes berserk" He grinned and jabbed a thumb towards Shinigami yet his eyes showed concern. " Imagine how damned this world would be if you and Keiran were both killed"

Silence except for a few pages being flipped lingered for a time. Eventually she tapped on the image of a familiar looking gate. " Yes...I'm sure you would have your devil then, Tobi..." Her finger slid down the page before she glanced over to them. " Are you so sure this devil the Luminary mentioned doesn't exist? There are many things I intend to pry from my mother but she still guards something which has never been opened" A few more words were muttered as she refocused on page. " ...and my blood is half the key..."

I’m done here. For now listen to this, get your brother here and ask him to find the human. Then team up and rescue your father. Leave a clone for the enemy to fight. When it’s over I will come back to heal him”, tobi said, “for now don’t disturb him. His body is elvoling another set of horns that are more powerful against illusions. Disturbance can turn him stupid. That’s why I said look for the human first. Once you secure the god of night everything will start moving. You need an army find one. You need resources find them and get as many gods that you can find. Especially the one of time, space, life and power. Force then if you have to. Oh the goddess of metal too”

" Left stupid with an interrupted change...how terrifying" She said placing a marker in her place in the book before flipping to the empty pages. A feather pen was taken and dipped in a mana based ink so she could begin writing. If Tobi peaked, she might catch some details of where Kuroi would procure resources and their own army. The words quickly changed to give the appearance of a typical entry fitting the rest in the book.

" Life...and metal. You enjoy pushing patience and tempers..." She fell silent until the page was filled. The seat was shoved aside when she stood and headed to the smoker to check on the meat. " We've truly been set back to where we started. Nasr, take these and get going" A portion of the meat, though half done, was tossed at him.

He caught it with a smile and nodded. " Sweet! Still have to find the rest of our allies too"

" Speaking of, go to the tribes. They're the only one who'll join and not betray" The smoker was closed and she turned to the window. Calling her brother back? Best to go elsewhere.

" Hmm, yeah...some are best left alone..." He hummed then vanished into darkness.

Some. If you ask me there are already gone”, she said then disappeared

The list was gone over one more time and a timer, to turn the smoker off, was set before she headed for the door, pausing long enough to look at Shinigami one last time. How long did such a change take to require an extensive list before he would be healed? A tear escaped from her eye and slid half down her cheek before it was wiped away. She looked at it for a moment, puzzled yet smiled then headed out.

A day would pass before Kuroi would be able to successfully summon her brother. Yuyami insisted Keiran had already been slain, however, and directed her attention to the goal of finding the gods, starting with the god of Life. He supposedly resided in the Sun Continent at the moment. After a heated argument, she eventually spilled her precious blood to create a clone before heading off.

Silence was left to the house but beyond Shinigami's sanctuary, the world stirred due to the two trying to turn things in their favor. 10 more days would pass before shadows began checking in on their member left behind. They made no sound nor did they touch Shinigami yet they piled notes on the table with updates from both Kuroi and Nasr for when he woke.

From Nasr, they held messages as such.
" Still have no trail on Keiran but found some of your kin" A sketch of a map at the bottom with x's marked where he found them.

" Lucky I have a good nose! Found some Valra tribes ready to make Solarium bleed"

" Notes...looks like Yuuma's but they are weather worn and hard to read"

" Yuyami helped me find the illusive Grigorvelik. Good allies but today he tormented me with a blood-soaked scrap of Keirans shirt"

" Are you awake? I will return when I can...Solarium knew..."

Notes from Kuroi were obviously of a different kind.
" The fight to free my father went poorly. I had to retreat even though my clone was fighting. Swore I saw my brother by Pavol's side when he struck the clone down"

" Darcia returned as soon as I set foot in the sun continent. Warned me the clone won't protect me from my hunter"

" Mother almost found me but Darcia baited her away. Are you still safe? I need to return to your side"

" Father visited my dreams and told me the god of Time is dead...in a sense. Chopped apart into the tangible portions of time we know. Years, months, hours, seconds, etc. He won't take anyone's side"

" If I create anymore clones, the children will be cheated too much blood. The god of life would love it if they died though, says he'll aid us if I bear his but...I killed him again"

" Consider yourself lucky. The goddesses of wind and and water are watching over you while I'm gone. They'll keep you sa..." That was the last one she sent, only 2 weeks before the last of Nasr's which was being placed on the table that night. A single sentence was written in a shaky hand. Blood stained the parchment but it was still legible. " I found Keiran"

He woke up a month later and stood up. He walked around then found the notes. He began reading them from first to last, “children. She must mean survivors. But why would they need blood. And these goddesses.....I will thank them later”, he said then found the one about keiran, “whoever is there tell me, how long since this letter was sent”, he said looking around, “rage”

Flames swirled about the room while a raspy yawn filled the air. Soon the demon was stretching before him with a bored expression. " That? Why does it matter? You have been boring for eternity!" A snap of his teeth and he got in Shinigami's face with a snarl.

He grabbed the demons jaw and held him in place, “how long have I...nevermind”, he said then walked outside dragging the demon along.

Wood curled into elegant strips as Rage dug his claws into the floor, twisting and turning as he dragged out the door. Cool, grey light greeted them both and a blast of wind got the demon to lie still. His molten eyes stared at the angry sky until a flash of light from over the forest drew his attention.

A sunstone tower, almost finished, stood tall where he had destroyed the partial a month earlier. Unlike the former towers, this one held an orb of light at the top which seemed to look about. The land around it appeared untouched yet voices and other sounds carried on the wind.

Should he look to the sea, he would notice large waves crashing to the shore. Each one sighed like a massive beast as they dragged sand and stone back into the depths.

He took rage and transformed him to a sword. He sent a slash at the ground. The mana sent a wave of quakes to the site and cause the tower to begin to crumble. Then he sent another slash at the top of the tower. He transformed rage back and went inside waiting for someone

Having been destroyed once before, those at the tower were better prepared for the attack. Blinding light radiated from the top once it began to crumble, redirecting the attack away and holding the crumbling pieces in place. They hovered in the air for some time before being drawn back into the structure and 'healing' it.

The call of beasts, dark, unnatural rose from the forest and the mountains as he returned indoors. Nothing he had ran into before sounded like this.

Rage growled and bolted as far away from Shinigami as his binds would allow. " That's all you do!? Irrelevant! I am not an object for you to do whatever with!" He turned to face him only to lunge forward.

He caught rage again then went to he letter looking for the the last location written, “why didn’t they wake me up. And where are such said protectors. All this are vague”

Rage thrashed about, twisting to and fro until he broke free. " They didn't wake you by the orders of that annoying rodent! Too concerned about making sure you don't turn stupid" He chuckled and flipped his flaming tail about. " The weather is proof of your protectors. I bet the water goddess is hiding in the sea while the wind goddess could be anywhere. Bet those two are the reason for the growing storm. Needs-"

The windows rattled against a powerful burst of wind and a deluge hit the roof in a deafening roar. A large shadow, accompanied by a sound like the howl of a tornado rushed past towards the forest. Behind him, at the couch, the rush of darkness announced a new guest, Keiran. The boy was asleep but tattered. On his neck was a collar with a hellstone, proof of where he was.

He quickly rushed to keiran and checked on him, “I’ve seen this stone before. Why’s he here alone? Rage check outside”

" You expect me to know AND play watchdog!?" The demon huffed flames and smoke and layed down, putting one forelimb over the other before putting his head down. He erupted into flames which filled the room briefly then faded away.

Outside the storm continue to rage but the winds seemed to be getting further away despite the deluge continuing. His gifting with mana would allow him to feel the slight shift of mana as it was drawn from the rain towards the ocean. It gathered in a single spot and moved closer until it resided just outside the door. Water built before the windows until a sea-green eye could be seen peering through one and a leviathan tail, made of water, could be seen out a few others. The creature stared at Shinigami for just a moment before the eye vanished from the window.

For now let’s ger that off him”, he said then stoped. He slapped pavol a little to wake him up, “hey you ok?”

His eyes flickered open a bit yet were hazy with drowsiness. Every sound blurred in his mind as he glanced around, making note of the strange and new surroundings. " Where...am I?" He said through a yawn.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus