Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" My beak is sealed. I hope Yuuma doesn't ruin that for us..." A weight fell on his soul as though someone was watching. He glanced towards the hall but no one was there.

" It's not Yuuma I am worried about" Kuroi turned to watch Shinigami look through the book. She was well aware of the risks and simply smiled. " Yes, but I can mediate in the lessons. You and Nasr must learn the spells in different ways" A certain statement set her nerves on edge. Reaching out, she grabbed the top of the book. " If it's such problem that the book is in your hands, then I will take it back. I may not know where your father hid his books but know that there will be no finding this one" The stern ice in her gaze melted when she smiled. " So far you have proven capable and trustworthy. If I believed you to wish harm then I never would have handed it to you"

Nasr faced them once more. " Oh lucky. I bet you sweet talked it out of her" The glare she gave him cut his snicker short.

The stoic pride returned as she sat up with an aire of nobility. " Anyway, if you wish to thank Lumerin you shall have opportunity tonight. The Valra are preparing to give their praise and thanks to him. If you feel rested enough then you may join them and offer thanks however you wish." She looked at both of them only to nod. " He may even choose to bless one or both with a power should you participate"

A smile repeatedly traded a thoughtful scowl as Nasr considered it. " I refuse to miss it. That is my chance to rejuvenate my soul. Him?" He motioned towards his friend. " I am not so sure he will enjoy it...not after knocking us out of Chaos' dream"
Shinigami (played by Great7)

So he's a he. I'm not going. I have a lot to catch up on in this book", he said skipping through the phe pages, "and done. Too late to hide it now", he said with a grin and put the book down, " well I can't use magic till stage four and I don't plan to take over the world. Wait let me read it again", he said taking the book and reading it again, "go on and have fun. Oh tell him I'm not coming unless he's giving out the ability to copy magic. Speaking of which I need to start working in that again. Can I borrow you or your spirit kuroi?"

" Yeah, you need to catch up on that book as much as I need my wings clipped" He bopped Shinigami's shoulder before standing up. " I would like to know how you can read so fast"

Kuroi's hand fell on the covers when the book was grabbed once more. " I see you are enjoying what's in that book" Leaning back, she knit her fingers together. Copying magic was something she rarely used but she enjoyed crafting her own. " I'm sure my father would grant that power if you asked. A few races can copy magic but it's not the same as what I can do"

Tipping her head to the side, she nodded at Nasr. " Go and prepare with your kin. You will need what Lumerin can offer"
He bowed to her and started to stepped back. " Don't tear this place apart with your trials now" He chuckled before turning and running out.

Kuroi shook her head with a grin before refocusing. " Are you sure you have rested enough to practice magic?" She looked towards the door then to him. " Food shall be ready soon. Perhaps you should eat first? We can discuss who will aid you later"

Sell I can't move enough to do anything else. Have you heard of fifty breaths. It's what I did with my dad when I failed a spell for the first time. Take fifty breath and let the mana heal you", he said looking through the book, "I will be fine. When the the for me to test comes, i will be an immortal"

" Fifty breaths..." She rested her hands on her lap while thinking it over. A gentle smile showed after a bit. " Indeed, you shall be fine. How blessed you are to have learned from him" The raging winds were the only sound as memories and thoughts filled her mind. "Such a hollow life compared to his...I pray immortality is kind to him." Finding herself looking in his direction, she averted her eyes.
She stood and turned around. " What would you like? I shall have Averin bring you a plate"

I would like a barrier to tell me when someone comes in and a board with books on magic basics", he said scrolling throwing the pages, "it doesn't have to come in a plate", he said closing the book and rested his back on the wall and took a deep breath, "one", he said as the mana began to return to him. His body was still weak but the mana was still needed to build up his energy. He took another breath and kept going

She chuckled softly as she walked over to the bookshelf. " I can get you those" Her knowledge of the layout was clear as she pulled the desired books out with graceful speed. Once all were gathered, they were gently placed on the bed next to him. " I shall check back on you shortly" With that she turned and headed out, touching the doorframe to create the unique barrier. Averin would enter the room a few moments later to deliver the board.

The Valra had gathered in an area of the castle that was open to the sky. Clouds circled around the moon so it's cool light could reach them. Each on hand their instruments ready to take their turns in the songs that were to be offered. It was here that Kuroi was headed.

He continued his breathing techniques while she left. He kept gathering his aura until he was able to complete his breaths. He stood up and began to walk to the board with a book in his hand, "well time to work"

Plenty of time was given to work as the Valra performed for Lumerin. The song and dance drew out the magic of the night and filled them with energy. A gate to the realm of night and its power was opened when Kuroi began to sing. Her voice was of such elegance that heavens danced. The power drew drew Yuuma to the place and he brought Pavol along to watch.

Within a cloud of stars and nebulous colors, Nasr played his flute and danced. The strands of magic appeared to him once more and was able to follow their tune better. The other Valra sensed the power but could not see it. "Your brain isn't like the other Valra" What did Shinigami know that he did not?
By the end of the song, Lumerin smiled upon him. The powers of night and a few others flowed into him, rejuvenating and strengthening him. Something had changed in a good way.

" Well done" Kuroi whispered with a smile. Pleased with his progress, she left the ceremony without anyone noticing. It was time to see how Shinigami was doing.

He was working when he hear the music playing, "wll if limenrin is happy then I will do my work", he said opening the time book and writing down a spell and activated it, "oh o should have asked what this one does"

Just outside the doorway, Kuroi appeared and watched for a bit. It was a joy seeing another enjoy the books. After a bit, she stepped inside the room. " Ready to try them out?"

Iok the time stopping spell", he said stepping into the circle, "oh get here quickly it's about to start", he said entering form four, "oh what are they doing now"

" They?" Kuroi said striding over to him. She could still hear the music from the Valra, though faint. They would be perfect evidence for if the spell worked.Looking over the new circle, she found every mark and rune well formed.

One eager to advance and one strangely reluctant to reveal his true power, yet both were handed the reigns of the world. Power awakened and time being disturbed, the two gave her an idea. " If this goes well for you, I wish to break the boundaries of you and Nasr. A training exercise that shall require you both to participate"

Hmm I don't understand what you mean but you still owe me books on alxhemy but ok", he said then started the spell teaching kuroi. He began to walk around to see if it was alright, "ok check outside"

Walking towards the window, she pulled the curtains back to expose the storm outside. " Very well, I shall bring you those books after the training" She turned to face him now and listened. The winds, the music, anything to say that it was flawed. There was one she could identify, the sound of a flute which suddenly fell silent.

Nasr was turning as though something would strike at any moment. The magic continued to dance around him but everyone and everything seemed to stop moving. A cloud swirled in the distance which offered some relief.

Failure", he said canceling the spell, "it was supposed to stop time", he said walking over to kuroi, "what's wrong"

" Not a complete failure" She said smiling. Looking past him towards the circle, the memory of what he did at the cave returned. " You froze time once before without a circle. Sundials, calendars, hours, and more are all fragments of time. Never the whole. Circles are a common way to confine these fragments yet are never the same from one place to another"

Another book was pulled from the shelf. She flipped through the pages before stopping on a page. It had nothing related to time on it. " These fragments are gifted to every mortal thing but never equally. This is why some live longer than others. To stop all time requires stepping outside of it boundaries..." She looked up from the pages with a sweet smile. " And into eternity or immortality. For it is removing time from things that you may cease its movement. Beware time's ravenous hunger or death will surely take all "

Then I guess I will leave it for a time when I feel better", he said putting the time book on his bed and got a book on alchemy and opened its pages. He drop the book and went on to take his shirt off reveal two scars at each side of his back. He took the book and say down and say on the floor with the book opened, "ok, alxhemy doesn't destroy or create. It shifts matter. But to destroy, one have to add a little twitch"

She noted the scars on his back. Curiosity set in as she noted their shape, how they were, and remembered the various forms. " Your wings...have they left you scarred or are they from something else?"

Fiddling with her pendant, she wandered to the door and looked to both sides. A cool breeze disturbed her hair. " Ah, there you are. Head to my alchemist room and fetch those books will you. When you return, stick around encase he needs something"

" Of course. Shall I grab the equipment too?" Averin said as he peered inside.

Kuroi turned back around to return to Shinigami. She sat on the floor across from him. " Anything you need specifically?"

Yes it's my wings and Let's see. I'm not sure", he said as he began to draw on the floor after biting his finger, "says here I can change the matter shape if the stone on this floor but the price of course is energy or the resources", he said as he finished drawing a dragon and a dragon stone statue appeared, "but the book is incomplete. It shows how to use alxhemy by drawing the object, there's more to alchemy than that. Also you know why u chose alchemy right. It's cause of the alchemy goal"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus