Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Kara (played by Rune_Weaver) Topic Starter

Kara held on tightly as the wolf ran. She wanted to shoot a few goblins with magic but with the speed he was running it was safer to just hold on.

As they jumped through the portal, Kara looked around wide eyed. She wasn’t sure where they were but she felt it best to ask later. When the massive black wolf appeared she abgab to shake. She was definitely way out of her comfort zone. She concentrated on staying on the white wolf and hoped they would leave soon. She would definitely have some questions when this fight was over.
Rypa (played anonymously)

Rypa spund with the blow using the momentum to power her blade through the goblin's neck. A couple more steps, a flash of blade and another goblin fell to the ground.
Turning slowly she scanned the area. The dwarf was in trouble so the elf leap to his aid. Two goblins fell before they noticed her arrival.
"Ton, you ok?" Asked Rypa as her blade bit into the flesh to another goblin.
She had gotten herself between the dwarf and the goblins when she noticed that they were alone on the field of battle.
"Where's Kara and the wolf?" Demanded the elf as she kept the goblins at bay.
Ton stumbled again as the goblins in front dropped to the ground in a flash, causing him to flinch and heave his axe back. When he regained himself, he saw his saviour in front. Panting, he nodded toward Rypa.

"T-thank you..." He said, lowering his head in humility. "...I'm fine, there's no way a rag-tag group of Gobbos scares me." Ton continued, scanning the green bodies that lay dead between them both, almost camouflaged by the lush flora. He'd barely enough time to regain his barings when Rypa asked the whereabouts of Kara and her Wolf companion.

"They disappeared!" Ton shouted in the midst of more chittering and snarling, striking down another of the oncomers with a struggled but sure swing across the vermin's chest. "A bright light just came over them both and the Wolf beamed away, that's all I saw!" He explained, swinging himself back and forth in fear of an ambush.
Getsurei (played by LunarValravn)

Another portal of fire opened in the forest nearby. From it Getsurei lept out with Kara safely on his back. He kept a quick walk as he looked around for more trouble.

Passing by a tree, he saw the panicking dwarf. Not a fighter struck harder than ever and regret filled him. " I think....I should have stayed by him"

Kara was focusing less on the ones around her and almost solely on the wolf. However, at his comment, she looked up and saw the dwarf. "Hmm... maybe." She looked around for Rypa as well and saw her continuing to fight the goblins. She knew Getsurei could move faster without her. She jumped off the back of the wolf and did a tuck-and-roll on the forest floor. She quickly looked up and told the wolf to go help Rypa. She then quickly made her way up the closest tree she could climb. High ground was her advantage. Having grown up in the forest she was an excellent tree climber, even with her pack still on her back. From her vantage point, she could watch the fighting. She wasn't going to be much help now, but she did know several healing runes, so she stayed safe and prepared herself to help afterward.

The bodies kept hitting the floor. Rypa kept spinning like a dancer giving the performance of their lives. Her hands were becoming slick and she worried that she might loose her grip. She notice with relief when Kara and the wolf returned. She hopped that the wolfs return would scare off the last few goblins because she was not sure how much she could fight.
A wave of relief massaged across Ton's spirit when the Wolf and his rider returned, and the muscles around his arms relaxed when the odds began to look in their favour. He wasn't a trained fighter by any means, but the Wood Dwarf knew how to use an axe -- whether the means being for cutting down large oaks or slaying these hapless, nattering vermin. He swung the blade across the body of another Goblin -- the Dwarf's strength was enough to send the skinny creature flying across a log beside it's shaken brethren. Their numbers and spirit dwindling, Ton no longer feared for his own safety; with Rypa and the Wolf taking the lion's share of kills, the few discouraged Goblins that stayed were as child's play.

"Get lost!" He taunted his enemies with a half smile creeping over his beard and a beat over his barrel chest. He hoped to see them flee back into the forest like frightened deer.

The air reeked of fear but it was not enough. Trembling beasts at the edge off tipping into terror. He knew how to end it now. He broke into run once more as he heeded Kara's words, a ribbon of red trailing from his eye.

He slid out of the way of Rypa's daggers when he drew close. They looked like they would bite deep. Once clear, he lunged forward to take another goblin through the fires.

He returned quickly only to leap over the dwarf. Massive paws trampled the first goblin into the dirt. The second vanished with Getsurei through another portal. The few that remained were stumbling in terror of their combined strength.

Getsurei returned once more with fire coursing through his veins. His once submissive stance replace with one of dominance as he stood by Rypa and Tonaf. " Run while you yet live." He said as he raised his head higher still and howled once more. The remaining goblins scattered like rats.

As the goblins scattered, Kara slid down from her perch in the tree. She walked over to her companions, hands starting to glow with healing magic.

"Anyone hurt? Even just a little?" She gestured with her hands for them to come towards her so she could heal them.

"That was..." She stopped herself. She wasn't even sure what to say. She felt her ears turn red as her embarrasment grew over her lack of help. "Sorry I didn't... ummm... do more..." she mumbled.

Once she made sure everyone was in good shape, she grabbed her pack and waited to see what they decided to do next. She was definitely not the leader in this group and gladly took the role of following what others suggested.

As she saw the goblins Rypa allow herself to drop to her knees.
Running her hands across her body she checked to see if she was injured.
"No Kara not everyone needs to be a fighter. I'll be find just need a moment."
She cocked her head to look at the wolf.
"What in the name of the Severn-fold are you?" She asked breathing heaverly.
Tonaf shook his head at the question. "No, I think I'm good too..." His sentence quickly becoming replaced by a sudden 'Youch!' when a stinging senstation coursed over his right arm, red dabbings coating the edge of his fingers. He checked the side of his arm with a concerned gulp and noticed a long, shallow wound streaming across his arm from the edge of a Goblin's spear. He'd hardly felt the nip of his flesh in the thick of a fight, now the dripping cut throbbed as immediately as Ton had noticed it. He sat upon a levelled stump, thrusting the blade of his axe into the ground so he could clutch at the pain.

"Bloody vermin." He cursed in frustration. "Hope I got him back, too."

" I'm sure you did" Getsurei said with a slight smile. He watched the dwarf for a bit before flopping to his side. The ground felt so nice now.

His snout was crimson from the first goblin clawing at it. Used to being alone, he simply licked it clean.

Rypa's question caused him to twitch. Eyes were distant as he looked at her. " I guess you could say I am a hellhound....though it's more complicated...."

Kara was also eager to ask questions...

"Where... where did you take me? What was that place? Who was that?" Kara suddenly remembered all her questions and her 'trip' while on the wolf's back. "If you're a hellhound... was that.... was that Hell????"

Kara suddenly sat down very hard, trying to come to terms with what had happened. While she understood magic and how it worked, this was a whole new degree of crazy for her. She just stared at the wolf waiting for answers to her questions.

Rypa looked at the wolf her brow furrowed.
"You don't have anything to do with the moon?" Said the elf. "I don't trust the moon..."
She flopped onto her back. left the flow of nature wash her injuries away.
"Oh, this has to be some right nonsense." Moaned Tonaf, still clutching at the stining wound across his arm. "I can't say I'm too surprised myself, never really did believe in magic up til now." His words were struggled while he concentrated on the throbbing pain by his side. Gripping the open flesh didn't help much in relieving the sensation.

He looked over to the little Gnome sitting beside while she processed the strangeness of this trip. "Excuse me, Miss Kara." He murmured in her direction with a smile hidden by his beard. "You k-know this magic stuff, do you? Can you heal my arm, stop the bleeding maybe?" Ton asked.

" The moon..." He said as he closed his eyes. " Why do you not trust it?" A single ear flipped up towards the sky. " No...I have nothing to do with the moon beyond my shape"

He could smell Tonaf's blood from his spot. A sigh escaped as he thought of what he had done. " I will answer your questions after the dwarf is healed, Kara. I am to blame for failing to protect him"

In response to Tonaf's question, Kara jumped up quickly and went over to the dwarf. "Oh, yes, I'm sorry." She quickly healed him and helped him wipe off the remaining blood. "It might scar a bit, hope you don't mind. You can probably come up with some really cool story to tell people." Kara giggled hoping to relieve some of the tension that still was in the air. She then went and plopped herself back down on the ground. She was determined to hear what the wolf had to say before going anywhere now. "Why do you think it's your fault?" she asked the wolf hoping to get him to talk again.

"I don't really trust anything which can change is shape and there you have the moon never the same shape from one night to the next. Sometimes it's not even there when it should." Said Rypa. "What is it up to?"
She flipped herself to her feet. and started checking the bodies of the goblins. After taking their gold she pulled the bodies into a pile.
"Well that's interesting they're a raiding party but I've not seen goblin's in these parts for years."
Sula (played by copperbrownies)

(Hey! This looks pretty cool and I've given the posts a quick skim through. I was wondering if I could join with Sula?)
Tonaf felt a wave of relief smother across his wounded arm, the open cut slowly knitting together before becoming weaved into a long battle scar across his fore arm. The stings upon his nerves continued for a few seconds before themselves disappearing as soon as the Dwarf had noticed his wound. He gave his hand a quick wave as Kara released herself, visibly satisfied with the mark of battle he'd gained.

"Looks good on me." He scoffed with a grin. "Thank you Miss Kara, I owe you a debt."

With that said, he raised himself from his makeshift seat, gripping once again at the pole of his trusty axe. While Kara and Rypa seemed inquisitive of the origins behind the Wolf, Tonaf felt it was better to simply go with the flow. After all, runes and prissy magic were something he'd only heard in urban legends up until now.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus