Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Getsurei (played by LunarValravn)

Hearing Rypa call, Getsurei got up from his spot and meandered outside. He still seemed a bit groggy but he was moving " Looks you two are the morning types" He said as he stretched.
Kara (played by Rune_Weaver) Topic Starter

Kara began to feel excited at the description of the runestones. She had been told they were there but not much about them. As Getsurei wander out she smiled "Morning sunshine."

Kara also looked up at the sky. The day seemed to be clear and warm. She hoped it wouldn't get too hot.

She turned to Rypa "How long do you think it will take for us to get there? Should we take food with us for lunch and/or dinner?" She didn't want to end up going the rest of the day without eating. "We should probably at least take water. I'm not sure how hot it's going to get. And... I don't exactly have a horse to ride..." She vaguely gestured at herself. They didn't really have horses or even other pack animals that her kind could ride easily. And she was small even for a gnome.
Rypa (played anonymously)

"Water is always a good Idea and I should be able to find food along the way. It is just ..." Said the Elf who paused and looked the gnome up and down.
She started counting on her fingers with brow furrowed. Looking to the horizon she thought about how best to deal with this.
"If we walk it will probably take most of the day, if we can make good time."
Looking at Getsurei she nodded and said "I need very little and there is often much to do. Lets gather supplies before heading out."
Rypa checked her supplies and found them adequate only needing to fill her water skin.

Gather supplies? He felt the fool now as he realized that he held nothing to actually carry supplies with. Being a wolf did have it's advantages....or disadvantages in this case.
He looked away with a sheepish look but another challenge he could solve and possibly hide his fault. He changed to a wolf and gently nudged Kara.
" I may not be a horse but...." He lifted his head to look at his back. " I think I am tall enough for you ride."
He glanced up at Rypa now as though scolded. " I can help find food too"

Kara backed away out of instinct when Getsurei changed, but came closer when he made his offer. She was quite wide-eyed at the wolf. Hesitantly, she reached out her hand to feel the fur. It was quite nice. She smiled and nodded. "Ok!" She glanced at Rypa, "This will make traveling much faster for sure. But before we go let me run inside."

Kara ran inside the inn and purchased some bread from the innkeeper as well as some water. She looked around for Remona but the other elf had disappeared. Kara shrugged and went back outside with her supplies. "So that other elf seems to have disappeared. Guess she changed her mind." Kara slung her pack over her should and climbed onto the wolf's back as gracefully as she could. This was going to make travelling SO much more fun.
Rune_Weaver Topic Starter

((There is a dwarf who would like to join us. What are your opinions on the matter? I'm pretty flexible either way. We could meet him along the way if we wanted to add him. Also gives us another male character.))

((I'm fine with that; reminds me of a game I wanted to run where everyone had to either be a gnome or a halfling))
Rune_Weaver Topic Starter

((Ok, since we are all good with it, I will let him know. He can meet us along the road once we leave the inn. I will have him post after you Rypa if you don't mind getting us on the road.))

Rypa tried to suppressed a shudder as she watched Getsurei changed his form. She looked away quickly blushing.
"Well I was going to suggest a pappus but this is probably for the best." She said to cover her embarrassment.
She checked all her stuff was properly strapped as the Gnome went about her business.
"Oh well she properly got lost in one of her books..." Said Rypa when informed about the wizards departure. "Right are we all ready to go?"
She offered her hand to the Gnome to help her onto the wolf's back. Once everyone was ready she lead the way down the road .
A stout little man strolled toward the inn, whistling a nameless tune and hauling an empty lumbercart from a thick rope hung over his shoulder, and a freshly sharpened wood axe clenched within his opposite fist. Both objects seemed comically large in contrast to the waddling figure that carried them, but the broadness of the Dwarf's ginger arms seemed to challenge that thought. The rickety cart behind him came to a sudden halt while the bearded fellow scanned the building on the horizon, as though he'd never noticed it beforehand. He felt a dryness upon his tongue; the thought of an inn came with the promise of a drink. Perhaps a bit rash for the start of his day, but a small cup of cider never hurt any honest man. The wheels of the cart hissed again as the Dwarf walked forward, still whilstling his made-up tune.

His indecision was halted as he saw three strangers on the roadside. Two giddy figures with a pet, one slightly taller than himself; the other was the size of a small child. He wasn't familiar with these folk, kneading the rope by his eyes as if he thought they were merely figments of his mind.

"Travellers?" He blurted out loud from the distance, almost assuming they would not answer.
((Glad to make your aquaintance.))

It was different letting someone ride on his back. The extra weight wasn't bad at all and helping another caused a smile to appear.

The sounds of the cart was the first to catch Getsurei's attention. His ears swiveled to find the sound better. It was more than just a cart he was hearing it was whistling too. " Hmm?"

Lifting his head, he saw the strange stout man and his cart. When the man asked his question, Getsurei nodded. " Yes, we are travelers"

Kara was enjoying her ride. It was nice to be up higher. She could see a lot farther than when she was walking. When the man came into view she tensed slightly. He looked fairly harmless but that didn't always mean anything. Kara nodded along with the wolf's answer and waiting to see what the stout man's reaction would be to a talking wolf. She felt her magic tingling the tips of her fingers as she waited to see what would happen next.

Rypa paused and looked at the dwarf. He seemed harmless or at least not a trained fighter. Her eyes darted around them looking for an ambush.
"Good morrow my fine sir how does the day find you?" Said the elf whilst raising her hand in greeting.
She tried to seem non-threatening but not vulnerable.
Tonaf blinked again in disbelief while the Wolf spoke, and he lay thick rope upon the ground to clutch at his eyes again. The second time was a force of habit, he knew he wasn't seeing things. He'd caught traders, vagabonds and the like tread on this road from time to time, but they were all regular folk of size and stature, often disenchanting too when they reminded the Dwarf of his unique self with a drawn out, unwanted stare. The three strangers seemed kind enough, the Elf's greeting putting Ton's spirit off edge. He mean't them no harm by any means.

"The day finds me well." He replied, less apprehensive this time as he stood the butt of his axe upon the ground, clutching at the broader part of the steel. "Sun's shining out nicely, but business has been quiet for me these days."

'Travellers,' Ton remembered, giving the word some thought. "Mind if I ask where your journey's taking you?" He wondered, hiding a half-smile from under his beard. "Don't really see any but tallfolk around this neck of the woods, myself."

Getsurei sniffed the air as he listened to the man. He couldn't smell anything that resembled a trap or maybe he was still half awake.

" We are searching for runes. There are some nearby" He glanced towards Rypa knowing she knew exactly where they were going.

Kara smiled at the look of disbelief that flashed across the dwarf's face when Getsurei spoke. When he seemed to relax, she did as well, letting the magic in her fingers go dormant again. She didn't really have anything to contribute to the conversation and decided it was best to keep quiet unless spoken to directly. She did make a hmmph noise under her breath at the tall people comment though. She felt the deference to Rypa in regards to the exact location of the runestones was best.

Rypa found herself the center of attention and she was not entirely sure she was happy with the situation.
"We're heading to the... maiden's circle." Said the elf struggling to pull the human name to her memory. "And what is your business?"
She took a couple steps forward eager to get on her way once more.
The Wood Dwarf raised an eyebrow. "Runes..?" He murmured with a stroke of his ginger hair. "You mean like er, old carved runes or the..." He stuttered for a second, as if he'd been lost for words "...G-glowing stones and what-like?" He gave his head a shake at own foolishness while crouching over his dropped rope upon the cobbles.

"A-anyway." Ton began as he rose. "Didn't mean to make you lot feel on edge earlier. My name's Tonaf, but most folk just call me 'Wood Dwarf.' The forest is my home, but I ain't ever heard of a maiden and her circle, or runes for that matter."

He took his wood axe back by the hilt and lifted the steel upon his shoulder, it's sharp edge staring toward the sun. "You've gotten me all curious, do you mind if I tag along for a look?" He asked, before tugging at his cart to release a stuck wheel underneath a wayward stone.

" Glowing stones is one way of putting it" Getsurei said shifting due to the sun now in his eyes from the axe. He was mindful of his rider tough, ensuring she didn't fall.

He started forward now and dropped his head a little, curious of what might be in the cart. " Well Tonaf, name's Getsurei. I don't mind if you tag along but..." His ears flipped back to listen to Kara if she chose to say something.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus