Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Sohati Kelly (played anonymously)

The woman's head was quick to snap around towards the source of the sudden, unexpected sneeze. Upon seeing the large wolf and the small woman on his back the woman is quick to take a step towards the cloth covered object. Using her right foot the woman hooks and kicks the object up into her hand in a single fluid motion.

With the object in hand but without taking any type of aggressive stance, she quickly calls out to the woman "It is rude not announce oneself when approaching another's camp. If you are a friend, tell me your name and if there are any others." Now that she was away from the fire pit and facing the pair, it was easy to tell the woman was of draconian decent, the purple horns and scales framing her face a dead giveaway to any who had seen one before.
Getsurei (played by LunarValravn)

He lifted his head and ears in response to her swift movements. He silently cursed his wolf instincts as he slid one paw back. " Getsurei.."

As he noticed more of her features, his head slowly lowered back down to a neutral place. The horns and scales made him think of his draconic Zaiver Kru friends that he once fought beside. " We...no, I didn't mean to intrude. There are two others"

He looked up at Kara with his ears half down. His stomach growled making them flatten more.
Kara (played by Rune_Weaver) Topic Starter

Kara was glad the wolf decided to answer first. She shifted a bit on the wolf before giving her name, "My name is Kara. And yes, there is an elf and a dwarf shortly behind us. They are also friendly. We were just following the smell. We have had a long days journey and the smell of meat cooking drew us here." Kara slowly slid down the side of the wolf. She figured she was much less threatening on her own two feet. She recognized that the woman was draconian. Kara took a couple steps forward and said in Draconic "I am very sorry that we startled you. It was not our intention."
Rypa (played anonymously)

Rypa looked at the woman tending the fire she was not familiar but it had been a while since she had last sweep. As the gnome seem to have already entered conversation with the woman she decided to leave it to her. She walked keeping her hands away from her weapons.
"hey, Kara whats happening?" Said Rypa in Gnomish.
Tonaf just bit his lip, content to waddle along while the group came to a standstill with the strange woman guarding this cabin of delicious smells. It was a slight awkward to watch dumbfounded as his companions spoke in various tongues in this confrontation; he hardly knew any tongue that wasn't familiar with his home, which was not even Dwarfish!

His wooden axe hung over his shoulder it had before, Tonaf tailed the Elf before becoming the last figure emerging from the woods.

If there was any shock at being face to face with a talking wolf, the woman did not show it outside of a raised eyebrow. When the other two appeared she gave them a once over. A dwarf and an elf as well? A diverse group to say the least. Staring at the group as a whole, the woman's eyes stop on Kara. Staring the gnome woman directly in the eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time, the woman finally speaks, starting in draconic before addressing the group as a whole with a cheerful tone "Let what is past flow away downstream. I am Sohati Kelly. If you're intentions are pure, then by all means join me for a meal. I always prepare extra in case I have guest. Your other two friends there can introduce themselves while eating."

Without waiting for a response, Sohati reverses the motion she had used to pick up the cloth bound object to replace it on the ground with a heavy thud. Turning back to the meat spits she begins to pull them from the fire before tapping the log with one foot "The meat is ready. I was just adding the finishing touches. It's best fresh off the fire. Sit and tell me what the four of you are doing so far off the beaten path."

The red magic sparked from Getsurei's left eye as he walked over to the fire side. The wolf features giving way once more to those of a white haired young man. Even in this form he still held a solemn expression.
He adjusted the collar on his neck, as he sat down, to prevent the fur along his spine from being bothered. " Thank you. You are very generous"

His eyes darted around the cabin for a moment before he looked at the fire. Flames that danced like sprites melted away what tension he clung to. He opened his mouth to share his tale only to change his mind. Two still had yet to introduce themselves after all. It was not his place yet.

Kara turned slightly toward Rypa to answer her in Gnomish, "It's ok. We startled her is all. I was reassuring her that we are not a threat."

At Sohati's invitation, Kara moved forward toward the fire, "Thank you." She settled herself near the fire and waited for the others to introduce themselves. She had noticed the woman did not express shock over a talking wolf and that was reassuring. She wondered what the woman thought of such an odd group travelling together. Kara saw Getsurei begin to speak and then change his mind. She also waited for Rypa and Ton to introduce themselves. While the meat was being handled by Sohati, Kara pulled out the bread she had and began to divide it up to pass around the group.

Rypa took a seat next to the fire and gladly accepted the food.
"I live the vagabond life going hither and thither." Said the Elf as she ate. "I'm a guardian of these woods; I go where I'm need or the whim takes me. For now I'm guiding This seeker of the arcane on her path."
She centered herself and scanned the hut wondering what this dragonkin is doing out here on her own. She prided herself on keeping the woods clear of the unnatural but nature was not with out it's claws so why was this one living out here on her own.
An audible rumble churned from the Wood Dwarf's stomach like a subtle vibration underneath his skin once he had drawn himself close to the various spits and incenses of beef, mutton, venison and whatever the like had been hunted near and beyond the forest. 'She was a strange one, this lass' Tonaf thought, eyeing the enigma's unique complexion of tall folk skin and scales that he had only seen upon the backs of Dukewood adders. Draconinian origins were something alien to him; fantastical lizards and reptiles from lands he'd never ventured were hardly anything he brooded upon, as he stroked the broad end of his axe, now daubed in the hue of goblin blood.

Ton frowned as he sat beside a log next the others, hoping that his beard would hide the silent contort upon his face -- he felt strangely mundane and out of place. A simple woodcutter out on some wacky adventure with magical strangers whose motives he'd dare not guess. The current aroma was enough to smother any bad notions from his mind, however.

"My name is Tonaf, Miss; Tonaf of Dukewood." He introduced himself, discarding the axe by a nearby bush on the side. "I am a woodcutter of the forest, but the tallfolk merchants just call me 'Wood Dwarf.'" He finished his sentence with a bitter tone at the mention of his nickname, but the smell once again burned away at his spite.

"T-this is all a very nice selection, Miss. All very fresh, too" He complimented with a smile. "How fares the hunt for game with Goblin folk on the prowl?" He asked curiously.

The way Sohati handled the meat was plain and simple. Sohati producing some strips of clean cloth from her robes, which she wraps the ends of the spits Thanks to their simple stick design, what had once been spits now served as large kabobs which she in turn passed backwards to her new guest. Taking the final spit for herself Sohati stands and turns to view the group again, her face momentarily showing surprise at the sight of a man instead of a wolf "Mother told me of magic from the old country like that...Never thought I'd see it here. I'll have to ask him about it before they leave." she thought to herself.

Covering her surprise up by taking a bite of meat, she addresses the group "Much better now that we know each other. But a seeker, a woodcutter and....a pair of guardians? A strange group....but I suppose a group of dragoons looked just as strange." Smiling cheerfully to Tonaf and Kara, she says "And thank you. The hunting has been well. Goblins included." She stops talking to take another bite of meat from her spit, continuing once she swallows "I find they need to be seasoned heavily like this in order to taste good though...I hope it is to your liking." Normally a rumor, Sohati's remarks about goblin meat gave at least a sliver of truth to the tale about the draconian's willingness to eat nearly anything.

As Kara tore the bread, Getsurei reached out to help pass it to the others. When all had their bread, he rested his on his knee. His mind wandered off into pleasant memories stirred by the warm fire, pleasant company, and the smell of delicious food. His expression softened and a smile began to show until Sohati handed him his skewer of meat. His lips pulled back and he turned away as he sneezed once more.

" Forgive me" He said as he took the skewer. He noticed her surprise but it was something he was used to by now. " These herbs are truly potent" A look of satisfaction showed as his fangs sank into the juicy meat. To him the flavor was divine. Rich, savory, and cooked to perfection. He listened carefully as he took a few more bites.

Her comment about dragoons made him shake his head. " It's only strange when every element exists in the group or one is singled out" He took another bite now that realized what he had said. What did he know of dragoons? A plea for another to speak sat in his eyes as he looked at the others. Yet should he speak again? This talk of spices and goblins had him most curious. Perhaps this Sohati knew how to make even more delicious and exotic meats.

Kara went to take a bite of meat, registered the comment about goblins and paused. As the others continued to eat, she shrugged and took a small bite. It tasted good so she shrugged and continued eating. There was going to be way more than what she needed. Being only half the size of everyone else, if not smaller, she didn't actually require a whole lot of food. She ate a decent amount, more than she really needed, and then unwrapped the cloth at the bottom of the kabob so she could lay the meat down without putting it directly on the dirt.

Once she was done she leaned back on her arms and listened to the conversation. She was still turning over the idea that she was a seeker in her mind. She had never been refered to in that way before, though she supposed it was true. She was seeking knowledge of the runes. She found it interesting that Getsurei seemed to always look so embarrased when he spoke. Even though no one seemed to mind. She smiled kindly at him when he glanced in her direction, hoping to reassure him that he could continue.

Rypa loss her apatite on the suspition that she was eating sentient creatures. She looked around the fire at her companions wondering what they thought of their dinner.
"I've not know goblins come this far into the forest how long have you been encountering them?"
The Wood Dwarf was already munching on the succulent chops upon it's stake when Sohati made her remark on it's origin. He paused for a second, letting the crisp flames over his meal crackle and pop before disregarding the notion entirely. He couldn't imagine Gobbo meat tasting anywhere as good as what's on offer here. His dinner was finished within minutes; Tonaf was a broad man and his hunger had yet to be sated.

He licked his lips and wiped the sweat from his heavy brow, holding away at the urge to ask for another portion. But as quickly as Tonaf placed away his gnawed shishkabob, the talk had already switched from food to far less mundane matters. He'd barely registered Geturei morph into the form of a man, shaking his head wide-eyed at the sight was enough of a reaction from him.

For now, he would just listen in to the conversation about the Goblins, hoping the plague of their being did not infect his home forest.

((I think we may have lost our dragonborn maybe skip to the next person?))
Rune_Weaver Topic Starter

((Agreed))
(( Kinda sucks. All an illusion then? ))

((Fairies))

Having finished his meat, Getsurei placed his skewer next to him. When no answer to Rypa's question came he looked up to see the draconian missing. "Huh?" The red eye seemed to open more than normal as he looked around the room.

Glimmers of light danced in and out of his vision now. " Am I hallucinating or are you guys seeing this too?" He rubbed his eyes then looked about once more.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus