Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Kara (played by Rune_Weaver) Topic Starter

Kara gripped Getsurei's fur to ensure she didn't fall when he shifted, even though it was unlikely. She was glad she had grabbed hold when he darted forward towards the dwarf. She saw his ears turn towards her and decided it was probably time for her to speak up as well.

"I don't see why not. As long as he promises to behave himself." She glanced up at the sky, "We've wasted enough time already."

Kara turned to Rypa and spoke in Gnomish "I don't think he's dangerous, and we outnumber him."
Rypa (played anonymously)

Rypa looked at her companions. The shape shifter seemed to be capable of looking after himself but the gnome looked very vulnerable. Then she looked at the dwarf his body seemed to be though but she had taken on wild boar and come away unscratched.
"Ok, Tonaf your welcome to join us, you can call me Rypa. We'll soon be leaving the road so you'll not be able to bring you cart."
She put her hand on the gnome's shoulder.
"You of all of us should not be judging by size or numbers, but you can trust in my blade to be your shield." Said the elf in gnomish.
With a reassuring smile Rypa lead the way.
Tonaf acknowledged the words of his companions with a nod to each. He was a slight miffed at leaving his cart, but he knew it would be holding him back. The forest hadn't merchant's in days, he reminded himself. 'Too much lumber and none to sell to.'

"I hope the roads stay quiet in this case." Said Ton while he tied a noose across the rope, leaving his cart at the mercy of a small tree with a concerned frown. He didn't question the sudden change in tongue. He barely knew the language of his own folk, after all.

And with that, he tagged along, eager to see what paths he'd missed in direction he came.
Getsurei (played by LunarValravn)

Getsurei stayed by Rypa's side so that her and Kara could chat. His tail swung from side to side as he walked.

He noticed the frown that Tonaf had. Though he always traveled without extra he could understand leaving something treasured behind.

Kara nodded at Rypa’s comment. She made a good point. But Kara nodded in appreciation of Rypa’s promise.

Kara also noticed that Tonga did not understand Gnomish.

“I think it will be ok” Kara said to Ton in regards to his cart.

Turning to Rypa “So out of curiosity, what made you decide to learn Gnomish? I don’t think I’ve met anyone who isn’t a Gnome that speaks our language. It’s not exactly easy to learn.”

Rypa turned off the path and into the rapidly thickening forest. A smile on her face she turned to look at the Gnome.
"Would you believe that I'm not actually an elf but a half-gnome half fiend?" Said the elf with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.
She with a birdlike series of glances Rypa surveyed the woods and her companions before changing her coarse slightly. The quiet sounds of the forests were comforting. She could her deer nearby. Her stomach rumbled at the thought of venison but it was to early in the day to catch dinner. Her hand darted into her pack and with drew some jerky which she chewed on to sate her hunger. Looking again at the gnome she decide to share some truth.
"I grew up close to a gnomish burrow and as an elfling I wondered the tunnels. Eventually I learnt what they were yelling at me." Said the elf her ears twitching all the while.
Tonaf curled his lips as he followed the group turn away from the cobbled path and into the woods - it was as though he'd ventured into uncharted territory. Ton was of course at home within the forest, but quaint little travels like this always took him by surprise. They were unseen directions in a home he thought mundane, like a hidden attic filled with old paraphernalia.

He licked his lips when he caught sight of dry jerky in the hands of his guide. A man of his broad figure wasn't simply satisfied with a single breakfast. Maybe there would be something along the way, he wondered. God knew how many leagues of soil this maiden and her runes they'd have to plow through.

"You seem to know your way around." Commented Tonaf by sideline in the Elf's direction. "I take it you have walked this path before?"

The rays of sun reaching through the leaves was a comfort to Getsurei. If he wasn't carrying Kara then he would choose a perfect spot to relax in the sun and even catch a good wolf nap.

The scent of jerky caught his attention. He looked at Rypa briefly only to drop his head and ears in regret. " ....That's a good reason to carry stuff..."

Kara smiled at Rypa's first not truthful answer and shook her head slightly. When Rypa answered truthfully Kara laughed. "Yeah, I believe that. Gnomes don't take kindly to intruders. You must have learned some very interesting words early on." Kara laughed some more.

Like everyone else she also noticed the jerky and decided a morning snack was a good idea. She pulled out the bread and dried fish she had purchased at the inn before leaving. She knew it had been a good idea. She first offered some to Getsurei by leaning forward and holding the fish near his head so he could turn and eat it if he wished. "Would you like some? I also have bread if you are interested in that as well."

She then offered some to the dwarf as well before turning and offering some bread to Rypa.

"Glad I purchased more than enough to go around." Kara smiled and settled comfortably on the wolf's back to eat, doing her best to not drop crumbs into his fur.

Rypa changed direction once more.
"This place for leagues around is my home. So this is not a route I've taken before but I have to adapt my path to suit my companions." Said the elf waving her arms all around tossing the wold a piece of jerky as she did. "The gnomes made me promise not to repeat a few of the more choice words I learnt."
Suddenly she stopped and scanned the trees. Her hands reached to the handles of her swords.
"Somethings watching us."
Tonaf gave a nod of thanks as he took the piece of bread offered to him, accompanied by a light gruff from his throat. "Much appreciated, Miss." He smiled before gnawing on the crumbs, wiping away what little flakes fell upon his shirt on the ground. He found the thanks he felt more filling than the morsel given. Dwarves did not survive on bread alone, but Tonaf's sense of honour denied him any desire to beg for than his share -- his 'woodland friends,' the little critters of the forest served better in that regard.

"Ya know..." Tonaf muffled, stuffing the last crumbs into his bearded mouth while indulging in Rypa's words. "...Nice bit of intuition." He complimented. "I learned quite a bit myself out here in the wild. It all clicks into place when the only company you've got are next morrow's supper."

When the Elf mentioned her concerns they were being watched, he wrapped his fists across the pole of his axe. Fierce animals did not make him shudder anymore, but the thought of prying tallfolk made Tonaf nip at the inside of his lip.

Seeing the fish sent a light of delight through Getsurei's eyes. " Thanks." He took the fish gingerly to avoid hurting her. Only when he had straightened his neck did he snap at the fish to swallow it down, hapilly licking his lips afterwards.

The conversation was interesting so far and he had no qualms with listening to the others. A comfort fell over him like a blanket as he learned of the other's familiarity of the wild.

The moment Rypa mentioned they were being watched, he stopped, ears erect and nose high. He tensed in anticipation for whatever may be out there.

Kara finished eating and listened to the conversation around her. She was not from this area so she was unfamiliar with the terrain, but she naturally felt at home in the forest.

When everyone stopped at Rypa's words, she felt the wolf tense under her. She sat up a bit straighter listening to the noises around her. Once again her fingertips began to tingle as she readied to use magic... just in case. She felt her breath become shallow as she naturally stilled her whole self, not moving her head, but darting her eyes back in forth across the trees in front of her.

The elf scanned the forest she was sure there was something out there but she could not get a beed on it. She closed her eyes and focused on the sounds of the forest. There was creek to her left. She tensed and call on the spirts of the forest and leapt an unnatural distance into the forest.

She drew her swords in mid-flight and landed ready for a fight. The goblins were less so. There was a dozen or so of them those were odds she would not have liked if she had been on her own. The others were a variable she did not want to consider.
Glaring at the goblin that seemed to be in-charge she said "Run"
Ton clenched the pole of his axe as tight as glue while the little beasts came into view. Although Rypa demanded they flee, Tonaf felt a desire to stay put and defend himself, stumbling back a few steps to ready his own nerves. The nonchalant atmosphere just a few moments ago seemed unreal. He tensed himself, holding his axe forward.

There were indeed more of the creatures than the group could face, but the Woods were his home. Not even the metal wearing tallfolk could deter him when that was on the line.

Bearing his teeth, Getsurei took a step forward. This was the kind of prey that he fought on a regular basis. One paw before the other, his muscles willed him to fight but he needed to consider the one on his back now.

He noticed the dwarf was also ready to fight. An idea ran through his seemingly reckless mind. " Tonaf, I can cut their numbers greatly. How many can you handle?"

There was still the matter of Kara, he needed to be mindful " Remember what I said about the gates of hell?" He said as his eye sparked with magic. " Don't let go of my fur, no matter what."

Kara quickly counted the goblins and was also aware that they were outnumbered. "Ok," she replied to Getsurei's comment, digging her hands into his fir and holding on as tightly as possible, no longer worried about accidentally pulling on the fur. The last thing they needed was her to go flying off in the middle of a fight. She took a deep breath and focused on the rune of shielding. She felt the energy surround herself. She may not be the best fighter, but her defense was fantastic. She attempted to spread the energy to surround Getsurei but she didn't have quite the focus right now. She was a bit too nervous. "Sorry," she mumbled under her breath even though she wasn't entirely sure that he knew what she was apologizing for.

The goblin leader chittered something in its own language before reaching for its weapon.
"Do you kiss you're mother with that mouth?" Said Rypa not allowing the weapon be drawn plunged forward.
Her blade cut into the leaders flesh making it reached for its throat.
The spear thrust sent her staggering.
Tonaf reared his head to the Wolf. "I'm not a fighter, but by God I'd never let any rascal just walk over me." He replied, raising the blade of his axe further in the air as one of the green creatures charged forth with a gutteral screech. "I'll take any of them on!" The Dwarf yelled, stumbling back toward Kara's shield like it was some looming beacon of hope, even if he could not be defended by what spell she'd casted on herself.

The Goblin's leap across the branches was unnerving, but too bold for the stake wielding sniveller. Governed by nerves, Ton raised his axe into the air and cleaved the creature's skull like a sliced melon. This did not seem to deter the others, however, nattering closer in strange tongues. Ton stuttered, his heart beated faster as the conflict refused to fade. He fended away some the harassers with the of his axe handle. But still they hissed and whined, spears drawn.

" Not a fighter? More for me then" He felt Kara's magic tingle through the fur closest to her. It mattered not if he was protected or not, as long as she remained safe he would be happy.

He let out a howl that was otherworldly, resembling a dragon's roar more than a howl. Flames danced between his jaws and his eye now glowed like a beacon.

No more time to lose, he bolted forward and grabbed a goblin by it's neck. Keeping it held tightly, his ghostly figure weaved in and out of the trees. Chains of red magic reached out from his body to grab another goblin that he rushed by.

The one in his jaws shrieked and clawed at his snout as his hellish breath burned it. More shrieks joined the dreadful symphony as he captured more. Once he had captured seven goblins, a portal of fire opened before them. Without hesitation he jumped through with the goblins in tow.

No longer in the normal world now, he slid to a stop, tossing the goblins before a towering, black iron gate. It was as menacing as it was elegant. Crimson runes ran up each side. Surely only a dragon could open the gate.

He howled once more and the shadows began to dance. Three sets of fiery eyes appeared and the shadows gathered around them until the legendary Cerberus stood before Kara and him. A massive black wolf with flaming runes adorning each head.

The goblins trembled and stumbled over themselves as they tried to run. The dog was much faster though, snapping them up before fading away once again.

The others were surely waiting for them to return or even still fighting. Getsurei opened the portal once more and returned to the forest.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Magical Quests and other Adventures (18+ Only)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus