Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Not new - But a new beginning?

Hey there ♥ I'm not new at all, but I'm back - again!
And before I even feel fully capable of trying to start all over, I want to say some things first.

This will be a long post, I'm sorry, but I feel like this is necessary to explain for everyone I've met before and for everyone I'll probably meet in the future.

It's been a really long while since I have been active here and I apologize dearly to everyone I've let down and hurt with not being a reliable partner to roleplay with or even talk to.

I never wanted to hurt anyone with being away for so long, not replying to roleplays and messages. It's not your fault, there was nothing ever wrong with you, not with your writing style, not with your characters, not with our roleplay. It was really just me. I think I actually might be a bad person, and I have nothing to make this ugly truth sound better than that. But I also won't stop trying to be a better version of myself and improve the social communication skills I seem to lack in.

There are times when everything gets too much and so many things happen all at once- in my mind, in my real life and even in my online life. It's not a secret that I suffer from several mental conditions which in my case mix dangerously together with poor coping mechanisms - and therefore everything together makes it hard for me to be a reliable person online.
I get anxious over the smallest things. I sleep for days. I deflect from issues and distract myself from things that make me feel anxious while not actually taking care of those things. That's a bad thing, of course.
Yes, I do vanish. And I do come back. I do take breaks without even wanting to, when everything is too much to handle and my interests tend to change from time to time. If you want to call it "ghosting", feel free to and please block my account in advance. I have troubles with staying approachable at any given time. I'm really and deeply sorry.

I'm trying to be honest here and it hurts, but I need to get this off my heart, because I miss roleplaying and the people I met here and when I come back, I feel like standing in front of a pile of shards, made out of my own faults and vices. Of course not any point of this does justify me hurting other people, but it's the only explanation I can give, because it is just how I seem to work. So you could see this as a heads up, maybe even something like a warning.

I can't promise I'll stay forever. I can't promise our roleplays to last forever. I can't promise that my characters you probably started or wanted a roleplay with will ever come back. I can't promise I will respond to every message I get right away - or at all, sometimes I really need another poke or an additional way of keeping in touch like Discord for example. However I do promise that I will try the best I can to do better in the future. I do promise that I will work hard on communication and letting you know what happens before I go silent. I do promise that my head is filled to the brim with so many new ideas, new characters and new worlds.
And I'm hoping so much that this is not the missing closure for an end, but instead a new beginning for me roleplaying on this website.

To everyone I've been writing with before:
I've missed you guys, everyone of you. Feel free to shoot me a message if you are willing to give me a second chance. Maybe we find other things we both like and can still be friends. We could start all over, catch up with each other's lifes and see if we find similar interests for maybe trying some little scenes, small, short and sweet, to try and get back into things.

To all the new people I will probably meet:
I hope this didn't scare you off right away, but even if it did, I think it actually is my responsibility and the least that's left to do to write this apology and heads up. For I don't want to repeat the mistakes I made in the past, for honesty and also so you know that whatever could probably go wrong, it's nothing against you personally. If you still want to write with me, maybe even just a short scene or just a little talk to get to know each other, I couldn't be more grateful.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in, I don't even know if this is the right way to do this.
I'm a little at a loss, but please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, tell me anything you want to tell me or ask for clarification if I made some poor choices with wording things or certain phrases I probably use poorly, so that there won't be any misunderstandings (English is not my first language, but I'm doing my best.)

Thank you for reading this. It means a whole lot to me!
Feel free to send me a message or reply here, whatever feels most comfortable for you.

Many many greetings to everyone, stay safe and treat yourself kindly ♥
Cheers, Leighton
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Welcome back. Real life is more important than online life. You're always a member of The RPRepository community and family.
As someone who is fallen victim to dwindling off in the world of rp due to personal life, I understand and feel you!

Everyone on this site is truly very forgiving and I hope you feel relieved at your fresh start!
Morrigan

First off, thank you for sharing. And thank you for being willing to be open about it up front. I only speak for myself, but I know when I am made aware of things like that up front, it makes any poofing from the partner easier to handle, though I can't say I that I will always let the person fade ooc. But welcome back, and good job owning this and sharing your feelings with the community. That is amazing and strong and I know I am just some random person saying this, but GOOD JOB. And keep it up, dealing with our issues is always hard, but its so much better in the long run. Personal experience and current path, so I get it. Good luck, and have fun!
We are glad you’re back. Real life always trumps online stuff. Sorry that you go through all that! I’m glad you’re back, and hope you use RP’s to relieve yourself and have a good time.
hello and WELCOME BACK TO RPR!!!!<3<3<3<3
Rogue-Scribe

Welcome back to RP Repository! It's a great community and family here, and understanding is usually pretty widespread. Real life is more important than online life, and so exiting now and again is needed. I tend to just let my account go dormant when I need a break than outright deletion, but that is a matter of personal choice. May you enjoy your return to the best RP site on theinterwebz!
Welcome back to the site! Thanks for being so brave by being upfront about a very difficult thing to talk about.

I hope you're able to make new friends, reconnect with old ones, and have a lot of fun RPs!
Novus

Ah, yeah, I did the same thing. I up and deleted my old account and dwindled on this one, so I'm trying to re-emerge into the fold after hurting others. Not many know my old username and they won't. :)

Welcome back, friend.

Welcome-Home.gif
You're not the only one struggling with different things
it's important you know it's okay, and that your real life is more important than anything else
As long as you're honest about it, you've done your best!

We are glad to have you back! 😄
Hey there. Welcome back! I hope you'll have a lovely time, now that you are preparing to carpe diem once more.

13wiz8.jpg

Have a good one, and I look forward to seeing you in passing! If we ever RP together- well, I'll be glad to. If not, I'm pleased to meet you- *virtual hand shake* :P

Bye bye! ❤ <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 🌷🌻🌸🌻🌷
GenuineBronzeAnt-size_restricted.gif

Konnichiwa and welcome back!
I do hope you enjoy your second time here. Haha.
Hajimemashite! Take care always!
<3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Not new - But a new beginning?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus