Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fading Beacon

Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Y-yes..."
Chase Smith (played by Tugboattom)

Chase nodded," Anything you learn in a dream you can learn in real life. The only problem is generally when you 'learn' something in a dream it's generally something you already know and are just improving on." He shrugged.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Oh..." Evelyn said, wondering how he knew so much about this type of thing.

Chase saw her expression and explained," I dream walk, and I'm an illusion mage. Illusions are just manifested dreams. I spent years studying dreams in order to make my dreams real. I studied every aspect of dreams and dream walking."
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Oh, okay. But I really do think that I've gained powers."

" Gained or learned?" He asked.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"I don't know!" She said throwing her arms up. "This is all very new to me."

Chase looked up," Hey look at that stone." He said pointing to a tiny pebble,"Imagine it shifting. Imagine it's very being has decided that you are it's leader and you are telling it to move." He coached.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn imagined it and it moved the slightest bit. "Whoa!"

" Doing something instinctively like you were is easy, doing it on purpose is harder" He explained.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Oh, okay." She said.

Chase created an illusory pebble, an exact duplicate of the one he had told her to move. He placed his hand out palm up and lifted it just slightly. The illusion moved up the exact amount that his hand did.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn didn't even try and the pebble moved up.

Chase grinned," Good job!" Then he put his hand back down and just looked away, into the sunrise. The pebble he had created grew to massive size and changed to the color of the sunrise.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn just watched in amazement.

Chase made the stone disappear," Sorry, shouldn't have shown off. You'll get there."
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

Evelyn looked at Chase and then at the ground. "Yeah..."

Chase looked to her," You good?" He asked concerned.
Evelyn (played by jfo7)

"Yeah..." Although she wasn't. She knew she was never going to be as good at magic as Chase was.

" Oi! It took me years to get this good, and I still have things to learn. You've been at this for a few minutes, plus a dream. If magic was easy everyone would be doing it." He reminded her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fading Beacon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus