Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

SERENA maid servant villager (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Cysgod AKA Seren wrote:
Seren was quite hesitant to emerge from under the table just yet in case the chaos wasn't over. Unlike their encounter with the tar, they had avoided any mess this time, and were quite keen on things remaining that way.

Seren decided it would be safer to emerge from the side of the table least affected by the mess, so they began heading down its length. Though nimble, their presence wasn't entirely discreet when it came to pushing past anyone who still happened to be seated, and whose posture had their legs under the table. Any such limb that was particularly stretched out was briefly stumbled over, but not to the extent that it caused any slowing to Seren's progress; and any knee that was in reach was momentarily touched as Seren pushed themselves along in the cramped space.

When they reached the far end of the table, they peeked out from under it hopefully, then dashed out with another burst of speed and trail of light. Skipping forward a few more steps just to be on the safe side, Seren finally allowed themselves to turn and watch the clean-up effort from a safe distance.

With the light show and the sound of their hooves hitting the floor, it wasn't the most inconspicuous of escapes, particularly when paired with the soft squeaky grunt they had made when initially dashing forth. But in this case, that was a good thing, as it made them less likely to be tripped over, given they were too focused on avoiding mess to bother checking whether they had escaped into anyone's path.

Serena had caught sight of the lighting and noises display that Seren had put on in the attempt of escaping and averting disaster, grinning and shaking her head amused at how quickly Seren got scared.

Once she was out of the soaked clothes and back into a dry attire, she returned to the Feasting Hall, bringing the bowl of fruit and placing it next to the knights, well away from where the disaster had happened, in the hopes to appease Seren a little that they may enjoy the requested food
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren watched the table with distant interest, seemingly dazed by the activity around it. It reminded them of the various tribes of their homeland, who came together to perform rituals, construct dwellings and prepare amenities. As a guardian spirit and creature of the wild, Seren had always felt the same interest as they would watching an insect colony march to work. Yes, there were some behaviours their kind had picked up from the tribes and some they had shared since as far back as the spirit tree's stories of history would go. Games, art, social gatherings, nests and a concept of a dwelling were all things guardian spirits embraced to various extents - though many preferred more isolated lifestyles or the chose the embrace of nature over dedicated nesting. But this display of cleaning and organising... with all the rituals and etiquette involved... there was very little like it in spirit behaviour.

The emergence of the fruit did perk their interest, but watching from afar, they did not consider it something they could partake in. In the forest, one did not need to take fruit from others when one could easy find their own. Without being directly offered this fruit, Seren was unsure of who it was meant for, and thus simply stared at it hungrily.

Cysgod AKA Seren wrote:
Seren watched the table with distant interest, seemingly dazed by the activity around it. It reminded them of the various tribes of their homeland, who came together to perform rituals, construct dwellings and prepare amenities. As a guardian spirit and creature of the wild, Seren had always felt the same interest as they would watching an insect colony march to work. Yes, there were some behaviours their kind had picked up from the tribes and some they had shared since as far back as the spirit tree's stories of history would go. Games, art, social gatherings, nests and a concept of a dwelling were all things guardian spirits embraced to various extents - though many preferred more isolated lifestyles or the chose the embrace of nature over dedicated nesting. But this display of cleaning and organising... with all the rituals and etiquette involved... there was very little like it in spirit behaviour.

The emergence of the fruit did perk their interest, but watching from afar, they did not consider it something they could partake in. In the forest, one did not need to take fruit from others when one could easy find their own. Without being directly offered this fruit, Seren was unsure of who it was meant for, and thus simply stared at it hungrily.

Serena tilted the head thoughtfully

"Do you not fancy fruit any more?" asked Serena lowering the basket at floor level in case the guest had not seen what was inside the bowl well enough, bringing it close so Seren could take a look

"I brought this batch fresh from the kitchens... it isn't dirty or anything" assured Serena
MORGANA lady sorceress huntres (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Ryoko wrote:
“ my pleasure. If I may ask a a favor your highness?” She bowed and sat next to the princess. She used magic to make ice appear in Morgana glass and poured her a drink.

Morgana smiled and nodded at Ryoko

"Certainly... milady.... what favour is it you seek from me?" asked Morgana bitten by curiosity that a woman of such power and magic wielding could want anything from her at all
EBONY maid villager ranger (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Ayah wrote:
Ayah “ seems I did not heal him fast enough.” She looked at Serena. “ looks this time where both changing and washing up.”

Ebony giggled lightly at the comment by Ayah, helping support the woman that Sebastian might be free to go change.

"At this pace, you will get to try out the entire wardrobe" giggled Ebony seeing the pleasant side of things, bringing Ayah back to Morgana's changing rooms to pick another outfit from Morgana for Ayah, she herself choosing a floral design this time round.

She would help Ayah wash and dry and change into the new clothing, describing the outfit in detail before walking Ayah back to her seat, pleased to see the table laid out and the guests well seated.
MERTHYR royal knight vamp (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Master Bowen wrote:
Master Bowen would soon return with Jean beside him, the two managing to find someone who could locate some spare clothes for Bowen in his size. After thanking Jean for the help, Master Bowen would join Jean with her father until such a time when he was needed to take the spot that the Prince had designated for him.

"Seems like we missed a lot, when lookin fer clothes fer me." Bowen mused.

Jean winced when spotting Captain Frostwind looking like he had a headache, while talking to Sir Lancelot.

"Apparently so." Jean agreed.

Merthyr excused himself and went to his rooms to wash and change as well, unwilling to smell of refuse.

When he returned to the feasting hall he was pleased enough to see knights and servants had rectified the situation rather quickly

He took his seat next to Master Bowen and addressed the guests to offer excuses on behalf of his household

"Excuse the inconveniences so far.... please... enjoy the feast" invited Merthyr pointing at the roast meats and fruits and vegetables and sauces, letting each guess take and pick what they preferred best, relieved to hear the soup was off the menu

"I trust the unexpected incidents did not put you off the meal?" asked Merthyr giving master Bowen his time and attention
Ryoko and her daughter (played anonymously)

“ I was wondering if you know a place where the healer could maybe change? She had to already change once cause of Taff. I’m willing to pay if you allow her to barrow some clothes as I kinda gave you my spare clothes and maybe protect her from Taff. She had a very unpleasant experience here. I was hoping you could show her a good time?”
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren cautiously approached Serena at first from a low posture, then straightened out when they got closer to get a better view into the fruit. Nervously and hungrily they stared at the food, then slowly, having been given a clear invitation to partake, they reached all four plump hands in and grabbed a different fruit in each one. Slowly, they withdrew the fruit, then when their hands were free of the basket, they snatched their arms away as though expecting a predator to come and steal the chosen objects. The fruit was thrust against their chest, held securely as they looked around in all directions, then they sat themselves down under the shade of the table ledge, legs outstretched in a V-shape, hooves tilted inwards as though creating a specific boundary.

Into the space between their legs, Seren dropped the fruit, except for one, which they held in all four arms afterward and examined. Whilst it was identifiably fruit, it wasn't any species they were familiar with. Still, it looked delicious, so they took a huge bite out of it, apparently not bothered with the concept of inedible or unappetising sections of the fruit. Seren was not human, after all, and whether it was taste or lifestyle that caused them to not consider peeling, de-seeding or avoiding cores, the result was the same.

Seren also had no issue eating off the floor, given they had done so on plenty of occasions back in the forest. Thus after the few big hungry bites they had taken to wolf down the first fruit, they immediately started on the second. The third. The fourth. There was nothing left when they were done eating, not even stalks. Their hunger was satisfied, though they still had space for greed, depending on how later events would progress.
MORGANA lady sorceress huntres (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Morgana smiled at Ryoko

"No need to mention it, my handmaid Serena is very caring, kind and diligent, she is already seeing to it that the healer gets all the help and company that she needs. Alas it was a very unfortunate incident... I can assure you the soup is off the menu" smiled Morgana looking as Merthyr took a golden goblet to toast

"To many years of happiness, friendship and prosperity" toasted Merthyr watching the knights at the far back rise the cups to toast too, Morgana joining as well
Ryoko and her daughter (played anonymously)

Ryoko toasted. “ um I’m just thankful the king did not see all this happen.” She admitted and giggled
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

MERTHYR royal knight vamp wrote:
Master Bowen wrote:
Master Bowen would soon return with Jean beside him, the two managing to find someone who could locate some spare clothes for Bowen in his size. After thanking Jean for the help, Master Bowen would join Jean with her father until such a time when he was needed to take the spot that the Prince had designated for him.

"Seems like we missed a lot, when lookin fer clothes fer me." Bowen mused.

Jean winced when spotting Captain Frostwind looking like he had a headache, while talking to Sir Lancelot.

"Apparently so." Jean agreed.

Merthyr excused himself and went to his rooms to wash and change as well, unwilling to smell of refuse.

When he returned to the feasting hall he was pleased enough to see knights and servants had rectified the situation rather quickly

He took his seat next to Master Bowen and addressed the guests to offer excuses on behalf of his household

"Excuse the inconveniences so far.... please... enjoy the feast" invited Merthyr pointing at the roast meats and fruits and vegetables and sauces, letting each guess take and pick what they preferred best, relieved to hear the soup was off the menu

"I trust the unexpected incidents did not put you off the meal?" asked Merthyr giving master Bowen his time and attention

Master Bowen shifted his attetion to the Prince, giving a respecting nod of his head to him since he forgot to rise to bow.

"Bah! Don't worry about such a thing, Sire! Twas nothing really! No serious harm was done to me. I hope the others fair alright. It would take a lot for a dwarf ta loose his appetite. If my friend Rockbreaker were here, he'd tell ya the same thing, Sir."

Bowen would answer with a hearty laugh as he mentioned his dwarf friend.
Clan MacGregor (played by MasterWinter)

The MacGregor's picked up their own goblets, toasting along with the Prince.

"To many years of happiness, friendship and prosperity" The two chimed in in unison.
Captain Frostwind (played by MasterWinter)

While he might not have a goblet in hand, still tending to business concerning Taff with Sir Lancelot, Captain Frostwind would toast as well. It was the least he could do.

"To many years of happiness, friendship and prosperity" The Captain called.
Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

Ayah got changed and stood by frostwind. “lord frostwind thank you for helping.” “ do you need anything?”

Ayah wrote:
Ayah got changed and stood by frostwind. “lord frostwind thank you for helping.” “ do you need anything?”

The Captain shifted his attention to Ayah.

"Hmm? Oh, uh...No, I'm good. Thank you. Though I'd like to ask you something."

He would lower his voice for Ayah only, not wanting to disturb those at the dinner table.

"Sir Lancelot here wants to know if we should be arresting Taff, for this chaos he caused. I wanted to ask those who were affected by his clumsiness, if they wished for us to do so."

Her eyes went wide. “ I don’t think he needs to be serving food or any duties of such things. All he could do is socialize. But everything else is chance with him. I don’t think he should be in prison for something he can’t control.” She sad softly enough for only frostwind to hear. But added “ I fear what else will happen. It like this feast has bad luck. If only we could control his magic.” She mumbled so only frostwind could hear.

Cysgod AKA Seren wrote:
Seren cautiously approached Serena at first from a low posture, then straightened out when they got closer to get a better view into the fruit. Nervously and hungrily they stared at the food, then slowly, having been given a clear invitation to partake, they reached all four plump hands in and grabbed a different fruit in each one. Slowly, they withdrew the fruit, then when their hands were free of the basket, they snatched their arms away as though expecting a predator to come and steal the chosen objects. The fruit was thrust against their chest, held securely as they looked around in all directions, then they sat themselves down under the shade of the table ledge, legs outstretched in a V-shape, hooves tilted inwards as though creating a specific boundary.

Into the space between their legs, Seren dropped the fruit, except for one, which they held in all four arms afterward and examined. Whilst it was identifiably fruit, it wasn't any species they were familiar with. Still, it looked delicious, so they took a huge bite out of it, apparently not bothered with the concept of inedible or unappetising sections of the fruit. Seren was not human, after all, and whether it was taste or lifestyle that caused them to not consider peeling, de-seeding or avoiding cores, the result was the same.

Seren also had no issue eating off the floor, given they had done so on plenty of occasions back in the forest. Thus after the few big hungry bites they had taken to wolf down the first fruit, they immediately started on the second. The third. The fourth. There was nothing left when they were done eating, not even stalks. Their hunger was satisfied, though they still had space for greed, depending on how later events would progress.

Serena smiled at the greediness, she grabbed the bowl of fruit and placed it in the protective space, slowly so as to not startle the guest, keeping a warm and pleasant.

"Enjoy... compliments of the prince" assured the maiden bringing a jug of water and leaving it with Seren too in case thirst struck

Ayah wrote:
Her eyes went wide. “ I don’t think he needs to be serving food or any duties of such things. All he could do is socialize. But everything else is chance with him. I don’t think he should be in prison for something he can’t control.” She sad softly enough for only frostwind to hear. But added “ I fear what else will happen. It like this feast has bad luck. If only we could control his magic.” She mumbled so only frostwind could hear.

"Of course. Very well, Lady Ayah. We will take your words in advisement." The Captain says with a nod.

“ what are your thoughts on the matter?” She looked at him. She was clearly very hesitant to eat due to recent events and a fear of something happening. She did want to eat..but not with Taff serving. “ I’m just uneasy about being around him.”

Ayah wrote:
“ what are your thoughts on the matter?” She looked at him. She was clearly very hesitant to eat due to recent events and a fear of something happening. She did want to eat..but not with Taff serving. “ I’m just uneasy about him.”

"I'm certain you will be fine, my Lady. I heard there was another person here, who could do the serving and handle things nicely. I believe his name was..." Pauses trying to remember. "Oh, right! Sebastian. You'll be fine my Lady. Though if you'd want to wait beside me, till Sebastian returns, that is fine with me."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus