Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

SERENA maid servant villager (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Serena leaned on Ayah to let her in on a secret

"Our butler is ill, with fever for two days now... Taff has been appointed at table service duties, with him serving... any disaster and injury is possible, he is just so distracted at times, or unfortunately clumsy" pointed out Serena softly

"Don't worry though... I will personally take care of your food" assured Serena
Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

Whispered “ I’m a healer. You think I could heal him and spare Taff the humiliation of other accident?” She asked. She looked at Serena as she clearly felt bad for anybody with as bad luck as Taff. Ayah giggled at the thought of how all trouble today was caused by 1 person.

Ayah placed her hand on Serena arm. “ thank you Serena. Honestly I wish more people where like you Serena. It be amazing to have such fresh energy and have a happy personality and you care. I admire that.”
Cysgod (played by Riik)

As the other involuntary guests appeared to be assembling for food - or at least seemed to be called forth for such an assembly - Seren hung back in a state of uncertain nervousness. It was all so much... so strange... and everyone seemed so busy with their own problems. All the conversation and preparation and tending, it was a world away from their simple existence amongst the woods. Seren considered the idea of just... leaving. Running away. But to where? This was a strange land, and they did not know the way home. No, their greatest shot at returning was to remain amongst the others who had been brought here.

But they knew not the etiquette of these beings. Nor of their temperaments or practices. Being entrusted with the strange object they now held had only deepened the confusion. Not yet making any move to either join nor retreat from the gathering, Seren glanced down at the object in their hands, pulling aside the upper pair to give the lower more space to fondle the item. They found themselves stroking it as though doing so would bring them comfort; but the item's inanimate nature did not provide the welcoming warmth they might have gained from a living companion.
EBONY maid villager ranger (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Ebony looked curious at Seren for quite some time, who was still holding the brush, almost craddling it carefully, and discreetly came over to the unusual guest.

"Do you need help with it? I could brush the fur for you, if you would let me, after all you need to look presentable for the feast" offered Ebony with a broad smile, coming closer but not yet too close so as to not startle Seren
Cysgod (played by Riik)

The interruption from their thoughts was a relief to Seren, though at first it took them by surprise, causing them to crouch lower and flatten their ears down. Tentatively, they raised their head and straightened out their legs to a slightly taller posture - not quite reaching a full standing state - taking a moment to consider the brush as they ran their thumbs over it.

Then, they slowly passed the brush to their upper arms and held it out. Though they still did not understand its purpose, the phrase 'help with it' suggested the item in question was what was wanted. Just how it could make them presentable, however, they were unsure. Unless...

Seren went stiff. What if they were to be part of the feast? The brush did not look like something that could prepare them for being eaten, but... presentation of food seemed to be the only context they could think of. It was too late now, though. They had already held the brush out. They just had to be careful. Legs spreading a little and body turning ever so slightly, they got into a subtle stance that would make it more easy to sprint away at a moment's notice, should things turn sour. Their eyes narrowed suspiciously, but they made no actual moves, waiting to see what was to await them before making any potential mistakes.
MERTHYR royal knight vamp (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Master Bowen wrote:
"Uh, thank ye, Sir." Bowen says.

While the temptation of food and drink did sound good to the dwarf, he resisted for now as he noticed the Prince looking for something.

"What ye be lookin for? Perhaps I can help you with finding it." Bowen offered.

The MacGregor's would wait on eating and the like, till the others had had their fill. They were on security duty of people stumbling in due to the liquid.

"I can help you look for what you seek as well, Sire." Captain Frostwind offered.

Merthyr came closer to the dwarf to share the secret that was rather embarrassing to announce out loud for all to hear

"I just took a tumble and lost my crown, a golden circlet that rolled off somewhere... hopefully... not too far or too hidden to be found" whispered Merthyr. Of course, he could only hope that the circlet had fallen into the tar and sent to some other dimensioon, time and space far from them, never to be seen again

Cysgod AKA Seren wrote:
The interruption from their thoughts was a relief to Seren, though at first it took them by surprise, causing them to crouch lower and flatten their ears down. Tentatively, they raised their head and straightened out their legs to a slightly taller posture - not quite reaching a full standing state - taking a moment to consider the brush as they ran their thumbs over it.

Then, they slowly passed the brush to their upper arms and held it out. Though they still did not understand its purpose, the phrase 'help with it' suggested the item in question was what was wanted. Just how it could make them presentable, however, they were unsure. Unless...

Seren went stiff. What if they were to be part of the feast? The brush did not look like something that could prepare them for being eaten, but... presentation of food seemed to be the only context they could think of. It was too late now, though. They had already held the brush out. They just had to be careful. Legs spreading a little and body turning ever so slightly, they got into a subtle stance that would make it more easy to sprint away at a moment's notice, should things turn sour. Their eyes narrowed suspiciously, but they made no actual moves, waiting to see what was to await them before making any potential mistakes.

Ebony giggled at the stiffness and weariness.

"Ohhh don't you worry sir, we have a lot of food already... see... right over there. You are certainly not part of the meal" reassured Ebony taking the brush gently to brush the creature's fur carefully, until it became smooth, if Seren allowed for this.
SERENA maid servant villager (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Serena looked at Ayah at length.

"You should come to heal the butler, it certainly would be less troublesome altogether. It would prevent accidents indeed" agreed Serena
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren flinched as the brush touched them, but as the moment passed, they realised that it seemed to be harmless. At first, they were confused by the purpose. But a few moments later, they realised that it was a grooming device.

It was strange how something that could cause moments of discomfort such as catching knots and brushing against their skin could also be so pleasant. They weren't entirely enthralled by the sensation of their fur being brushed into a 'tidy' formation, given they preferred the feeling of the natural tuftiness, but at the same time, it felt better to have the knots gone.

After a few more moments, Seren stepped closer to Ebony and turned their back to them, plopping down into a sitting position on the floor, a contented smile forming on their rodent-esque facial features. They did not purr, but their soft breathing grew into long, relaxed breaths.
Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

She nods as she listens. “ then please take me to the butler. I want to spare anybody any trouble if needed and spare any of us from having problems. So let’s go and do that before anything thing else and then we can enjoy the feast.” She said.
Captain Jacqueline Sparrow (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

Captain Jacqueline showed up fashionably loose and late. With a bottle of rum. A swashbuckling pirate legend she slurred "a party isn't a party without having a sparrow invited". Dressed to the nines she was piratey. Black boots black jeans purple blouse black vest. She walked about the Camelot courtyard looking into people's faces to see any familiar faces.
Captain Frostwind (played by MasterWinter)

Veryan shifted his ice blue orbs to the direction of Captain Jacqueline, hearing the slurred words. Veryan would raise a brow as he watched the woman go around the courtyard. Quite the odd one for sure.

"Uh...Excuse me, miss. Are, you alright?" Veryan asked with a little bit of hesitance.

"Yes captain i am fine". Jacqueline took another drink of rum from her bottle. "Just missing sword fights, sea battles, drinking bouts with the other pirates. The sea air, aye the pirates life is a grand one". She spoke whistfully. "I am only ashore for awhile. I miss being at helm of my ship. And captain are you enjoying the camelot festivities?".

"It it quite interesting to be here, for certain." The Captain answered.

The hybrid thought over the rest of her words.

"Missing sword fights? What kind of sword fights do you do, if I may ask?"

Veryan was curious of the answer, even if they had different fighting styles. Veryan liked to learn a little from others, if they were willing to indulge him in answering.

"Sword fights in battle after boarding the enemies ship. i love the smell of cannon fire. Yelling fire." As she talked she thought up a great question. "How do you inspire your troops? I inspire my crew".

Veryan blinked at the question posed to him.

'...Inspire my troops?' Thought to himself in his mind.

It took Veryan a moment to understand what was being asked of him.

'Oh! What do I use to motivate my troops!'

Veryan was glad he kept his thoughts in his head, for he didn't want to appear too dense.

"My passion for my duty to my Lord. I always remind my troops that it matters not if we are in peaceful times, or that our Lord can more than handle himself if put in a situation of combat, it is our duty to be at our best and to protect. If I am not on guard duty, attend meetings, or any other thing of importance, one can almost always find myself training. My blade will not dull nor rust concerning slacking off."

"I myself come from a long line of pirates. Pirating is in my blood". She explained. She then turned to the captain. "I am going back to my ship a honor to meet you captain". She left the camelot courtyard and headed for the docks where her ship was docked. Later she set sail with her crew to pirates cove.

"An honor to meet you, Captain."

Veryan watched Captain Jacqueline head off, before he himself would head off to get some rest. It had been a busy day.
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

The Master dwarf would spot lighting from a window, shining down on something metal near by. He would go over to it and find it to be a crown. Perhaps this was the crown that the Prince was looking for. Bowen would pick the crown up carefully in his gloved hands, and bring it over to Prince Merthyr.

"I believe this be yer's, Sir." Bowen says presenting the crown to him.

Cysgod AKA Seren wrote:
Seren flinched as the brush touched them, but as the moment passed, they realised that it seemed to be harmless. At first, they were confused by the purpose. But a few moments later, they realised that it was a grooming device.

It was strange how something that could cause moments of discomfort such as catching knots and brushing against their skin could also be so pleasant. They weren't entirely enthralled by the sensation of their fur being brushed into a 'tidy' formation, given they preferred the feeling of the natural tuftiness, but at the same time, it felt better to have the knots gone.

After a few more moments, Seren stepped closer to Ebony and turned their back to them, plopping down into a sitting position on the floor, a contented smile forming on their rodent-esque facial features. They did not purr, but their soft breathing grew into long, relaxed breaths.

Ebony smiled broadly at seeing the creature quite enjoy the brushing session, so much so that it turn around for some more.
She dutifully grabbed the brush and swept over the back as well, and the sides as needed to make sure the fur was fine and knot free, without any rush to finish to let it experience the pampering for a while

"My, my, what a soft fine fur you have now... all nicely straightened and ready for the meal. Would you like me to accompany you to table?" offered Ebony, ever so attentive to her appointed guests

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus