Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

Captain Frostwind (played by MasterWinter)

"Least someone with a more gentler touch is here to tend to the little one, with their ice. Mine unfortunately might not be as gentle. I'm not used to using my ice power on such a small individual. I wouldn't want to cause more harm than good."
Ryoko and her daughter (played anonymously)

“ you be helpful actually. Ice elves are known for stronger ice magic. You empower my ice after I freeze the tar. Cause of the magical properties I rather be safe then sorry.”

The Captain seemed a little hesitant.

"...I'm not sure how effective my ice power will be, but I'll try. I'm..."

He paused seeming uncertain if he should say anything or not. Most ended up being judgmental towards him when they learn the truth.

"...I'm only half snow elf."

“Still you where raised in ice magic and your ice elf traits is enhanced ice magic. If I recall what the they told me once... I can sense your power with ice magic and stronger then most I would say.”

His magic stronger than most? Veryan wasn't certain how that could be possible, unless it was due to his skills as an assault swordmage. What ever the reasoning, Veryan wouldn't argue.

"What do I need to do?"

When I freeze the tar I want you to enhance it with your magic. So in short freeze my ice with yours. I don’t worry trust me like I trust you.”

Veryan still seemed uncertain, but he'd do his best to focus on his power, and not make it too powerful to cause harm. That would not bode well. After a soft sigh through his nose, Veryan gave a nod and moved a bit closer to Ryoko and knelt down beside her.

"Alright. When your ready."

Seeing the tar get worse she had to act without Taff. She cast a spell to have the creature lose feeling where the tar was.” She found jar full of water. “ this will work.” She kneeled and focused. The water covered all the tar and she then turned water into ice. “ when your ready Captain.”

Veryan held out his right hand, which began to glow a soft ice blue color, and his ice power would improve the efforts of Ryoko's ice power. Veryan used a lot of concentration, so to not use too much power. Once finished his hand stopped glowing.

"That should be good."

She watched the ice and when the tar started to look more normal and muttered a phrase. “ decipher the laws of magic and crush the ice before me.” She focused and the ice started to crack and then it shatter as the ice finished absorbing the stuff. Leaving the fur good as new any trace of the magic stuff was gone. Ryoko “ thank you. I could of not done it without you.”

She looked like she was going to fall over as she was tired from focusing and from having to to be more more careful then normal.

Veryan gave a simple nod, then noticed she looked ready to faint or the like. He would steady Ryoko as best he could, once he had stood up.

"Easy now. I got you."

Veryan looked around trying to find another servant to help, or trying to see where Taff gone. Veryan had no idea where the bedrooms were, and he didn't want to get lose. For now he would at least assist Ryoko in moving to a chair, and sitting her down upon it.
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren was never one to shy away from water. In fact, they enjoyed a good swim every now and then. But there was a difference between submerging oneself in water and having it thrown upon one.

Their indignant expression suggested as much as they found themselves dripping wet; yet circumstances were too confusing to cause them to flee. Particularly with the presence of the tar.

The sensation of numbness was all the more discomforting. Flinching, Seren screwed their eyes shut and just wished this whole ordeal would end swiftly. They barely noticed the ice, and as it shattered and fell away, they slowly opened an eye.

Experimentally, they prodded their chest to check if the numbness was gone.

The numbness vanished as soon as the ice was gone. The fur looked nice a new and clean. The experience was pain free and no discomfort. The ice had absorbed the tar like stuff and it simply fell off. No mess no anything. Only side affect was it left Ryoko weak.

Ryoko looked at the captain. “ thank you..thanks for helping me it means a lot to me. I’m sorry you have to see me in such a state.

Veryan glanced to Ryoko as she spoke, then lightly would shake his head.

"It was nothing, my Lady. I was simply doing not only my duty, but the right and kind thing. I do not believe you to look weak right now. You are simply worn out. Rest now, I'll keep watch of you till you can lay down in a bed if you want. I see Lieutenant MacGregor's daughter has taken over for me with her father for now, thus the security will be fine."
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren bowed their head politely to Ryoko. With the immediate problem of the tar gone, they now had to confront the reality of their current situation.

It was hard to know where to start. Sure, they had witnessed tribal villages before - some quite advanced socially and technologically - but they had never really found themselves amongst civilisation. Not in such an explicit manner as this. Amongst the current crowd, they could only feel... small. And alien.

Pacing for a few steps to properly appreciate their freshly cleaned state, their personal silence was broken by the sound of their hooves upon the floor. When they were satisfied, they looked over the rest of the group and wondered what to do. At the very least, they had to find out what was going on here. For now, they decided to observe in the hopes of figuring out who had the authority to answer their questions. But though there was purpose to their current state of focus, their body language still gave off the appearance of being lost, confused and more than a little anxious.
The Madman (played by Burrito)

It appeared in the area where the tar had once stood, grinning from ear to ear. "Interesting. Oooh, such a find! Although I did like it.... eh, it's a fair trade!" It said, the last few words in a rather sing-song tone. It bent over, rubbing a hand on the ground where the tar had been, either ignoring everyone nearby, or it was simply oblivious. "A clever solution, I must say. Quite intelligent, yes..." It trailed off, muttering to itself, although only small segments of it's rant were audible. "know it's just" "of course not" And eventually snapped it's fingers, it's grin somehow widening. "How didn't I think of that!" It said, before looking down at the pendant it wore. "I know we're the same person, now shush!" It said, making a zipping motion with it's fingers on the last word.

It quickly spun around, blurring as it did so to face Seren, Ryoko, and the Captain. "CONGRATULATIONS!!" It said, bowing low to the floor and removing it's hat in a grandiose gesture, before snapping upright in an instant, it's hat back on it's head. "And, for such a... thrilling performance, you deserve a reward! Take your pick!" It said, four identical wooden crates appearing in front of it, each one with an ornate golden lock, and no other decoration.

Veryan eyed this odd individual cautiously, especially when the identical wooden crates formed before this person.

"...Deserve a reward? Umm...A reward for what, if I may ask?"

Poor Veryan was not only leery but hesitant.

"What for? What FOR?" It asked, it's voice rising as the eyes on it's cloak snapped open for a moment, before it calmed down and resumed it's normal composure. "Well, for getting rid of that nastly little stain on reality, of course! I love the things, personally, but you know what they say." It said with a shrug, before holding out a gilded key covered in gold. "Now then, it wouldn't be very kind to refuse a gift, now would it?"

Still leery of what was going on, and trying to reign in his icy temper that could get him into trouble, the Captain would calm himself down. He was around people he didn't know, and didn't wish to let his temper get the best of him.

"...Forgive me if I sounded rude, I just am not used to receiving gifts like so." Veryan explained.

He would stay at Ryoko's side, wanting to be sure she was well, studying the four crates.

"Fourth crate, last one on my right your left." Veryan picked.

"Ooh, an excellent choice, yes indeed!" It said, flourishing the key and unlocking the crate in one smooth motion. It reached inside, grabbing a small piece of what looked like a mixture of flesh and putty. "A very useful object, capable of changing any one body part to look like something else! I, personally, reccomend using it to make someone think that they've been cursed! Ah, what a splendid surprise...." It said, looking off into the distance for a moment before shaking his head. "Where was I... yes, your prize! Here you are, my good sir." It said, presenting the small trinket to the half-elf. "Ah, but it may have some... side effects. Eh, you'll figure it out, they always do eventually!" It said with a laugh before focusing it's attention on Seren and Ryoko. "Well?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus