Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

Ayah stood up. “ thank you so much. Well I’m thankful for your help Serena. I can’t thank you enough for helping me.” She followed Serena lead.
TAFF warlock druid serf vamp (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Taff winced at Jean's comment looking at the warrior

"Well... if I could remember the words I said... Maybe I could reverse the order but... I was so shocked at almost killing the king that I wasn't paying attention to the words muttered at random, can't remember them for the life of me" admitted Taff hinting at possibly more guests coming through

"About the king and him collapsing at the hit... it was entirely accidental" added Taff hastily least the guards thought him a traitor

"The spillage will dry up in a few days at most and all will go back to normal..." assured Taff with a nervous smile "hopefully" added Taff not giving any assurances
Clan MacGregor (played by MasterWinter)

Jean stared dumbfound at Taff.

"Ye don't remember wut ye said?!" She questioned.

"...Jean..." Marcas warned from beside Captain Frostwind, having joined over to speak with the male.

Now it was Jean's turn to wince. "Sorry, Father." She wisely cast her eyes downward.

"It's alright, just mind yer tongue, Jean. I dun't want ye in trouble while were here." Marcas informed.
MERTHYR royal knight vamp (played by Tusitala) Topic Starter

Merthyr turned to Captain Frostwind surprised, not having seen an elf before outside myths that the bards told

"Ah Captain Frostwind, welcome, why don't you take charge of security? Seems we will have many guests, welcoming and not so welcoming ones" requested Merthyr

"We must ensure the guests safety at all costs and you seem well seasoned to battle and dangers" insisted Merthyr
Captain Frostwind (played by MasterWinter)

Captain Frostwind stood at attention again, as Merthyr spoke to him.

"Aye, Sir. Just one thing, Sir. Where do I go to perform this task?" The Captain questioned. "I already got lost in this castle when I got here. I don't want to get lost again." Says slightly sheepishly.

Merthyr leaned to Marcas and Captain Frostwind

"They mostly seem to come through this unsightly spillage" whispered Merthyr "It seems bewitched" whispered lowly to not spook the other guards
Captain Frostwind (played by MasterWinter)

The Captain easily picked up what the Prince would say, his enhanced hearing was helpful like that. He glanced to the liquid on the floor, eyeing it with a wary expression.

"...So. That explains the stain on my boots and pants." The Captain murmured.

However. He knew there was a task to perform. Thus he gave a nod of his head.

"I'll keep watch and be of assistance how I can be, Sir." The Captain assured.

"I will help how I can as well, your highness." Marcas offered.

Marcas was used to having to help out with something, even if he was meant to be relaxing. Thus this wouldn't bother him. Unless the Prince felt only one of them was needed.

"I cannot thank you enough, who knows what creatures might come inside through that. Your services are humbly welcomed and sorely needed.

Most of the knights are guarding the king as he rests and this leaves the Grand Hall unmanned for the most part" explained Merthyr
Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

Ayah “ I already slipped on it. Be careful.” She warned. Not wanting anybody to get hurt.
Ryoko and her daughter (played anonymously)

Ryoko giggled. “ things happened. But don’t worry about it. Though it a bit surprising. Im willing to help if needed your highness.”

"We will be careful, my Lady." Captain Frostwind assured.

"De Captain und I will manage fairly well, I believe. Und if needed, mine daughter, who is a Sergeant, can be of assistance ta us as well. Ye may rest assured dat we will handle things as dey come, yer highness." Marcas informed.

"Mine father is right, yer highness. Clan MacGregor is at yer service, be it just mine father or de both of us." Jean assured.

"And I am at your service as well, Sir." Captain Frostwind added.
Cysgod (played by Riik)

The last thing Seren remembered, they were sprinting through the forest in chase of a particularly vibrant-looking butterfly. So transfixed by the elegance of its wings, they did not quite perceive how it had happened...

Suddenly, the floor beneath their hooves was slippery. With a panicked squeak, they almost seemed to run in place for a moment, so alarmed that they did not notice the change in scenery. And then finally, they fell flat on their face amidst the puddle of tar.

Seren sat up and shook. But no amount of shaking could undo the new black colouration all down the front of their previously pristine white fur. Terrified, the small four-armed forest dweller crawled its way out of the spillage and shakily stood upright, expecting to slip over again at a moment's notice. With an indignant expression, they stared at the messy blackness of their dampened fur.

And then they noticed something from their vision's periphery. The ground... was so... flat. Walls... there were walls that were too perfectly aligned to be that of a cave. This was... a building? A huge building? Seren shuffled in discomfort. That was not all. There were beings here. A species they had never seen before. More than twice as tall as they were! Their ears drooped anxiously. Just what mess had they gotten themselves into?

Both Marcas and Captain Frostwind winced at the scene involving Seren, noting that they failed a bit already for not helping the being who joined them through the tar. This was going to be tricky, especially seeing how frightened Seren was. Marcas knelled down near the edge of the tar mess, looking to Seren.

"It's alright, no one will hurt you. I can help you out of there, if you'd like." Marcas spoke softly and calmly to Seren.

The male would wait patiently for Seren to give any indication that Marcas could help it, though Marcas wasn't sure if Seren understood his words or not.
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren blinked their large black-sclera eyes, red pupils gazing upward toward the individual addressing them. Instinctively at seeing the large being address them, Seren began to take a step back; but their hoof slipped in the tar and they barely managed to remain upright. An indignant huff followed as embarrassment joined anxiety on their expression. Their gaze lowered and all four arms spread outward to allow access to their tar-stained torso.

Marcas would stand and lean over toward Seren, trying to carefully not step into the tar himself. Captain Frostwind moved around and held Marcas from behind to make sure he didn't go tumbling into the tar. Gently and with care, Marcas picked Seren up in his gloved hands.

"There we go." Marcas continued to speak softly to Seren.

Captain Frostwind would let Marcas go once the male had straightened, then Marcas gently set Seren down and away from the tar. Marcas would shift his attention to Taff.

"Taff? Is there any way ta get this stuff off this little one's fur?" Marcas asked, uncertain what Taff could do.

Taff looked horrified at the mess and shook his head hesitant

"If you pick it off, you might damage the fur, best we wait for a mage or sorcerer to drop by... Here in Camelot magic is forbidden see? You won't find many sorcerers alive" Pointed out Taff

"The best way would be to freeze the tar with ice, and once it becomes crystals, those can easily be crushed and brushed off" mused Taff

"We may get snow elves like the bards stories, they could freeze the tar too, for now I would just have a drink and see who else slips through" suggested Taff going to fetch a tray of drinks to present them to the guests

Ryoko “ I use water and ice magic I can use it for healing or fighting. May I try?” Ryoko offered politely.

Taff looked at Ryoko and smiled, stepping aside to not block her way gazing at Seren and letting the guest decide whether they would accept the offered help or not
Cysgod (played by Riik)

Seren stood awkwardly where they were placed, staring at their tar-covered hands and occasionally trying in-vain to shake the substance free of them. None of the four limbs had been spared, nor indeed had their lengthy tail. Their face and ears were equally splattered with the stuff.

For a thoughtful moment, they poked their tongue out to try to lick clean the edges of their mouth, but immediately regretted that and withdrew the organ instantly - not without letting loose a small "blegh" sound and the tiniest of coughs.

The talk of damaged fur and ice did little to reassure the small being. Their fur was fairly resilient, but they had never been in a situation where its integrity was tested to the suggested extent. And most certainly, they were not looking forward to the concept of being frozen.

With desperation taking over, Seren attempted to see if they could magic the tar free themselves. Clenching their hands into fists, a dull violet glow began emanating from their body, then in a bright burst of light, momentarily shone around them as though they had become some sort of furry lightbulb. As the light faded, it was evident that it had done nothing at all to appease the tar situation.

With a forlorn high-pitched sigh, Seren uneasily shifted their weight between their hooves, then turned to face Ryoko, not quite actually looking at her. They still weren't sure what to trust, but the tar was mightily uncomfortable. Could ice really be any worse?

"Be gentle... please..." Seren said timidly and quietly, voice soft and high-pitched.

Ryoko looked at Taff. “ Taff I want your help. Do you know healing that makes the target not feel anything? If not I could teach you as it is one of the most useful and most easy spell. It will make easier for me to target the tar as well.”

She turned to Seren. “ this won’t hurt. It won’t be freezing unless I want it to be as it magically in nature.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Entirely by accident (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus