Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi, I'm new to role play

Hi I’m Ouroboros,

I’m new to role playing, but it has always appealed in a way. I know people who like to play Dnd, personally I’ve never played that but I know they really enjoy creating characters so I figured I’d give it a go. I love writing, I’ve been working on a Spirited Away fan fiction that I’ve never gotten round to finishing and am just looking for ways to improve my creativity, practise writing and make new friends. I’ll likely be starting out with only a couple of characters so I can try and add as much depth to them as possible.

I’m quite socially anxious, quiet and shy in real life, but find the internet a nice escape from my anxiety. I’m hoping putting myself in the shoes of my own characters might perhaps even improve my positivity/confidence in real life, but that’s not really my main goal.

I love anime, languages and have always wanted to visit Japan. I like to write and read and binge watch movies.
rolled 6d6 and got a natural 21. After the modifier of +1, got 22
1 2 5 6 5 2
Hi! Welcome to RPR! If you have any questions or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Hey Ouroboros! Welcome to RPR and welcome to the hobby! I hope that it brings you some enjoyment and helps spark some extra creativity! :)

Any questions about the site so far?
XOuroborosX Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Hey Ouroboros! Welcome to RPR and welcome to the hobby! I hope that it brings you some enjoyment and helps spark some extra creativity! :)

Any questions about the site so far?

Thank you, it seems like a fun online community from what I’ve seen so far :) I don’t think I have any questions, but thanks for asking.
Welcome to RPR! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and ask! There are so many friendly people on the site willing to point you in the right direction.

If you're ready to find people to write with, you can always use the Find RP tool or check out the Looking for RP forum.

Cheers to making new friends and finding lots of fun RPs to be a part of!
Heya, welcome to RPR. You'll find lots of awesome people, places, things, verbs, adjectives, nouns.... you name it! Here are a few things that may help you to get started, some stated by others, some not. :D

Find RP: is a great way to look for ads other players have put up looking for other players to join in and collab in a game that already has some seed of a plot.

LFRP: Is much the same as Find RP, but you can put up your own ad that can be seen by anyone in the applicable filters.

In both cases you can use filters to find exactly what you are looking for for your optimal RP experience. Also, don't forget about GROUPS, where you can find whole worlds to RP in with other people.

Happy gaming!! See ya around! <3
Hello! :) Welcome to RPR! promise you will like it here!
𝒢𝓇𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝒫𝑅 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎!

I certainly hope that your experience, regardless if it is for short-lerm or long-term, treats you amazingly! As some already claimed, the RPR Community is pretty active, so I do not behold any doubt that you will find some amazing roleplayers that will make your roleplaying experience worth the time/dedication. There might also even be some that inspire you to adapt and enhance the way you perceive the potential of a prompt.

As always, stay awesome and have a wonderful rest of your day!♡
Hey there, welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here!! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready!
Hey there! Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you have a lovely time here. ^-^

There's a guide up in the dropdown menu, with a Find RP tool and a good look at how to get started; also, a Help section and a small site directory kinda thing. Very cool. You can also join Groups, to get started on projects or just chat, and/or talk in the forums, maybe play a game or two, and look at her site events! They're pretty much always very cool. So you can just hang around and get used to the site, pretty much, and also you may feel free to message and chat with me if you have questions or whatever. Oh, there are mods too! They're very nice. That's moderator, not ...the video game thing. Hehe.
Speaking of, a small introduction! Outroduction! Or whatever. :p I'm Shinyrainbowlithogra, but you can shorten that however you like and call me a more manageable mouthful or title if you like. :P I like video games, books, art, and fanfiction, and I'm also fond of comedy and drama and sci-fi fantasy movies, and uh... Anime! And manga! Star Trek, The Witcher, and King Arthur are awesome. Anyway, I also like plants and animals and stuff, and I also like to cook sometimes. Tea is wonderful and a delight. :P I'll probably see you around! Hehe. Thanks for your introduction.

That'll be about it form me for now- see you around, maybe. Be good, have a fantastic and fun time, and be nice at least to some degree! Let your creativity pump out like a... Band? With a lot of bass? I don't know, hehehe. Make some friends you might! Yoda I am not. Bye/ciao/auf wiedershen/taffeta. Hehe. Dasvidanya. 🧟👨‍🔬👩‍🔬

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi, I'm new to role play

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus