Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » comfort foods

Rogue-Scribe

For some reason right now it’s liquorice Black Cats. Usually they are found in the mixed bags but when I saw they had their own bags hanging at the grocery store, I had to get them. I have a love/hate relationship with liquorice. I go for a time loving it, overdose, get sick of it, and done have any until the next time I decide it’s the thing to do again.
American biscuits and some cheddar cheese, and/or a really good soup (ham and beans, broth and noodles, Pho, tomato soup, or pea soup). Mmhm.
ChebaTheBee

For me comfort food would be ice cream like chocolate or Lino ice cream on a stick (and a Lino Quatro variation of that one).
Actually, I've realized what my true comfort food is. It's nuts. Pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc....
Lucretire wrote:
Actually, I've realized what my true comfort food is. It's nuts. Pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc....
Those are *great*. There's science behind it too...haha. :)
Rogue-Scribe

Lucretire wrote:

I have a peanut kick every now and then. I’ll get a bag of salted peanuts and by the time I finish it, I’ve had my fill until the next time.

Right now I’m finding the chicken, corn, and spring onion pies they sell over at the local bakery to be somewhat addicting.....
Quorn mince with mint sauce and pesto, much to my spouse's horror.
Lamb chops served with gravy, fried onions, and mint. The mint and onions I grow on my allotment.
yakisoba :O Its perfect with a soft boiled egg and edamame on top!
Spanish omelette with pesto and smetana (sort of like Russian version of Crème fraîche).
Second is tomato soup with basil (and goat cheese) and grilled cheese you can dip into the soup.
Also anything fermented, like bitter buttermilk, kombucha with ginger and lemon and viili with cinnamon.
I also have a soft spot for leipäjuusto (Finnish squaky cheese.)

If I want something sweat, any kind of own baked goods bring me joy, like crunchy oat with baked apple or mudcake.
Soup usually makes me feel better, of any kind, to the point I used to have a few packets of instant soup around in case I was having a bad day. At work though, it used to be brownies on days when we've had to stay overtime/come in during our days off and wanted to reward myself (a bit ill-advised nowadays though).

Lately especially however, it's been mint candy for some reason. From tic tacs, chewing gum, scotch mints, mentos, ice breakers, polos, whatever peppermint candy I can get my hands on. Especially of the chalky variety like Polo. I think it's the "oooh mouth cold heehee" that's distracting. XD
nindyaru

lately nongshim and samyang buldak ramen became my comfort foods. The spiciness is perfect and effective to make me forget about my daily life problem lol. I buy these ramen once a week. 🤤

71laEImM3iL._SL1000_.jpg
61%2BeUNytGSL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Rogue-Scribe

I have a 5-pack of this in the pantry. Haven't cracked the bag open yet.
Bought a lot of this sort of stuff at the beginning of the pandemic.
Does it really expire?

71laEImM3iL._SL1000_.jpg

My comfort food of late has been Subway Roast Beef wit double meat and cheese with lettuce, capsicum, and onion, and with pepper only. I get it for free when I'm in for my clinical trial days. :)
nindyaru

Rogue-Scribe wrote:
I have a 5-pack of this in the pantry. Haven't cracked the bag open yet.
Bought a lot of this sort of stuff at the beginning of the pandemic.
Does it really expire?

71laEImM3iL._SL1000_.jpg

My comfort food of late has been Subway Roast Beef wit double meat and cheese with lettuce, capsicum, and onion, and with pepper only. I get it for free when I'm in for my clinical trial days. :)

Oi oi, since the beginning of pandemic? o.o

I think it would be better to check the expiration date when you want to consume it hahaha. Better safe than sorry 😂
Any fruit and nut combo or tacos

Tacos are life
It's usually lamb chops, but when I was younger I took comfort in a hot bowl of chicken soup with homemade rye bread with a spread of butter. Tucked up in a quilt, especially after a motorcycle mishap.
a536887f73826a4837ef0376d0b3b43f.jpg
Rogue-Scribe

nindyaru wrote:
Rogue-Scribe wrote:
Does it really expire?

I think it would be better to check the expiration date when you want to consume it hahaha. Better safe than sorry 😂
Obviously. The question was more metaphorical as the noodles and flavour packets are quite highly processed. I've had some of those 'Cup-of-Soup' packets in my hiking supplies for years and they were still as good as they can be after all that time. As long as the packaging is intact.....

My comfort food of the day is Koohee Beef Jerky!
5b7ae6bae43c2c533b7301657d91b52f.gif

Chicken wings and fries
Rogue-Scribe

That sub sandwich I created really hit the spot!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » comfort foods

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus