Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Big Character Profile Appreciation

show me those BIG character profiles. Those 12+ page character profile pages. Those profiles that contain a trilogy and a sequel series level of information. I wanna seee
Adael (played by Claine)

I love beefy profiles, I tend to write them for myself rather than for my RP partners. I don't care if you don't want to read every single word XD

Of my active characters, I think this one has the longest profile. It needs a wee bit of updating tho >_>
Rogue-Scribe

I have a few meaty character profiles that I’ve been adding a lot of story to. There are a few I really need to add more of what they been up to in my writing this year. Like Claine, I tend to write more for myself as I story-build. I don’t think any of my character profiles qualify as a ‘big’ profile that this thread wants to showcase. I’ll add them to the Character Showcase thread.
Turah (played by ragemachine)

I’ve only just started to make my profiles bigger with a much larger world they inhabit.
I generally use these bigger profiles to expand my universe and give it more “life”
My biggest profiles currently are:

Catriona

Melina

Rain

Cosima

I have another character who is going to have a fairly lengthy profile once I'm done with it....
The Roaring '20s (played by Folklore) Topic Starter

To show y'all what I'm talking about because some of y'all are linking what are comparatively Very short ~4 page profiles, and I think theres been a misunderstanding about what exactly I meant by "12 pages." I meant 12+ literal RPR pages. This is my current project. It will have at least 21 pages of what will likely be at least 4 paragraphs per page I'm sure, haha. It's a world building profile, and I got a lot of world! Show me y'alls massive profiles and i mean massive, world building or otherwise!
Folklore (played by Folklore) Topic Starter

Tho all of these profiles have nice aesthetics and I think they're pretty neat :^)
BURST Codex (played by Lucretire)

If you're counting main pages and sub-pages together? Then this is my largest profile. I'm not done updating it, because I'm so busy nowadays. But it's a start to my worldbuilding, if nothing else.

BURST Codex wrote:
If you're counting main pages and sub-pages together? Then this is my largest profile. I'm not done updating it, because I'm so busy nowadays. But it's a start to my worldbuilding, if nothing else.

Absolutely! Especially since you can only have 7 header pages haha

BURST Codex wrote:

I can't read it right now but it looks really cool and fleshed out!! I'm excited to look at it later!!
I maaay or maaay not be a decent writer, but all my profiles, currently, are all void and empty. Yeah, I'm just that lazy.

INSTEAD

I'll present you folk with my favorite GIANT profiles from my FAVORITE PEOPLE!

I'll start with Petrovalyc. Single-handled one of the best - if not the best - writer I've had the honor of roleplaying with. There ain't ONE character from his cast that I absolutely adore. His writing is extremely immersive as well and this goes for how extensive is his writing on his profiles! My favorites are Mysterious Space Girl, Kitalaiya and Mackie!

Then there's GarnaalProduction's LOVELY cast! Each and every single individual of her cast are awfully charismatic with lots and lots of extra background on their profiles and even more background not on their profiles! My favorites being Sprite and Randle!

Now comes Claine! But she has already posted here as my favorite guy, Adael!

Spook also deserve big honorable mentions for when we brainstormed about her HUGE sprawling underwater horror adventure! I thiiink she has most of her profiles anonymous as of now, so I won't post them to respect their privacy!

Also there's Malachite with her strange (therefore, to my standards, amazing) reptilian alien Cchaaneh! In fact, most of her profiles has juicy lore on them!

Then there's RPJEANS with her LOVELY TERRIBLE NECROMANCER Durien!

Extra honorable mentions goes for Sacrilege and CrystalDisc

And I thiiink that's about it for big profiles. If anybody is looking for inspiration on writing good profiles, I would recommend checking any of the profiles from the lovely people I've mentioned in here. But I love pretty much any profile from who I roleplayed with, huhuh, but since it's a big profile thread...

Churchtuary wrote:
I maaay or maaay not be a decent writer, but all my profiles, currently, are all void and empty. Yeah, I'm just that lazy.

INSTEAD

I'll present you folk with my favorite GIANT profiles from my FAVORITE PEOPLE! [...]

YESS we love supporting our friends and other creatives on this site!!!! i'm excited to look at them when i get the time!!
Rogue-Scribe

The Roaring '20s wrote:
To show y'all what I'm talking about because some of y'all are linking what are comparatively Very short ~4 page profiles, and I think theres been a misunderstanding about what exactly I meant by "12 pages." I meant 12+ literal RPR pages. This is my current project. It will have at least 21 pages of what will likely be at least 4 paragraphs per page I'm sure, haha. It's a world building profile, and I got a lot of world! Show me y'alls massive profiles and i mean massive, world building or otherwise!

I guess I didn’t understand what you wanted to see. My apologies. I do have a very detailed and interconnected modern/historical story that spans decades and involves multiple characters. It’s just not complete and I’m not ready to share it quite yet. It’s very much a work-in-progress.

There is a Character Showcase thread for people to highlight either their or other’s characters if they wish. There is also one here in Smalltalk.

Rogue-Scribe wrote:
I guess I didn’t understand what you wanted to see. My apologies. I do have a very detailed and interconnected modern/historical story that spans decades and involves multiple characters. It’s just not complete and I’m not ready to share it quite yet. It’s very much a work-in-progress.

Ooo!!! I hope it's been a lot of fun to make so far!!
Rogue-Scribe

Folklore wrote:
Ooo!!! I hope it's been a lot of fun to make so far!!

It has been! It sort of started about 2 years ago in the aftermath of the big RPR crash. I went to work rebuilding some profiles, and they came together like puzzle pieces on the table. I have since built together more of the puzzle with other lovely writers, some who have departed this city now, and then interconnecting the sections together. Once I get some of the base parts edited and cleaned up I’ll start sharing it all.

I do love your Roaring 2020’s project!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Big Character Profile Appreciation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus