Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"You know..." Elliot explained. "Music that plays whenever your name is spoken."
Wander (played anonymously)

"What is going on over there?"
" I need some of that name music" he said in a shocked voice
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

((Yeah, many years ago, I turned all accolades into little walrus icons for April Fools, and then the day after April Fools my inbox EXPLODED with people demanding to know how they got the walruses back on their profiles, and now we just sort of... have walruses that appear in the shop once a month. Eventually there started being different kinds of walruses, among which was a mecha-walrus. XD))
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd definitely feels as if the music is accompanying her in her dance, as made evident by the satisfied smile on her face as she turns in a series of small spins. She's plainly enjoying the toddler's music selection.
"D-DEMO MODE?! FEATURES- AH, DUCHESSSSS! DUCHESS, THIS THING HAS ROCKET LAUNCHERS!!" She yelled in a panicked tone, trying to jump away from the mech walrus, but was stopped by, surprise surprise, MORE WALRUS!

"NO! I DO NOT LIKE THE FEATURE! I DO NOT LIKE WHEN FEATURES ARE BEING POINTED AT ME! POINT THEM AWAY! PLEASE! OR I'LL TURN YOU MAGENTA!"
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"You don't have name music?" Elliot asked, sounding relieved. "Thank goodness, I was beginning to think I was the only one..."
" I make my own music, although, I bet clem could do something like that" he said as he looked at Elliot

Wander walks over, giving up on the drinks, "seriously though what is going- WHAT THE?! WHY DOES THE WALRUS HAVE ROCKET LAUNCHERS!?"
Nexus Miravi (played by xedite)

Nexus motioned Sterling to hold that thought as she strolled to get a better look at the mechanical adversary, seeming to wickedly smile in a conspired plot on seeing the animal's clear weaponry. A bit of dark magic flickered at the end of her staff as she took aim at it, trying to capture it with a slowly conjuring net of black tendrils.
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

It was fortunate that the bluffs mostly pushed the racket from the mech walrus away. It allowed the fiddler to overall ignore it. He focused instead on entertaining the dancer, and it could end up tricky to determine whether she was dancing to the music, or the music was playing to her movements.

It was also fortunate that the fiddler had no way to know about narration typos.
The Merchant (played by FishyFrisk)

The Merchant, now armed with the nearest (hopefully) seafood platter, held it high over his head.

For a moment the expression is unreadable (literally) as it seems he’s about to speak. After a few seconds, he just yells “FISH!”, tossing them the first piece his hand finds, and dangling another as his takes a few steps to the side. If he can just separate them enough?

He’s about to rethink his strategy when the strange…armoured walrus speaks. Another merchant? The effect is almost instantaneous. “I got here FIRST, fair and square! Honestly!”
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

((I'm digging this merchant.))
pan looked at the wallrus and then ran over to them " wooow, look at that" he said as he looked at it

The walrus mech's sound system suddenly starts blaring a deafeningly loud John Philip Sousa march. The windows of the manor hour shake. The rocket launchers swivel to point up into the air. The rockets launch. They trail up into the night sky... and then they explode in fireworks that spell out M O A.

"This is a party, not an advertisement!" the Duchess yells into the din. "And this is NOT winter holiday music!" But her objections are lost in noise as the launchers reload, and the walrus mech unloads a music-coordinated fireworks show into the air. The rest of the herd of walruses bellow in panic, All but two - the one in the mech suit, which appears unfazed by this eventuality, and another that lays in the middle of the beach, staring straight up into the sky and blinking at the fireworks show. It is midway between Mori and the merchant. Around its neck is an old, tarnished, silver locket.

((war))
Ollie (played anonymously)

Ollie BORKS in alarm and goes racing back over to pan, hiding behind him with his tail between his legs. Fireworks!! Oh no!!
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

((oof gotta skedaddle again. lovely seeing you all and seeing all the new party-goers! <3))

((Bye again Byrd! Thanks so much for being here! :D ))
" oh heya buddy. shhhh shhhh it's okay" he said as he gave some beef jerky to Ollie

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus