Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Get to Know Your Character Prompts

Luscinioide

inspired by sky's outstanding threads, go check their stuff out it's great (tm). these prompts were originally on tumblr and written by becausedragonage. i just thought it'd be neat to bring them over here for us to answer.

Choose one of your characters (or more) and roll a 1D20 to be given a prompt number, and then edit your post with your answer! You can reply either ICly or OOC, if you wish to go more into detail. I strongly encourage doing multiple rolls and multiple posts. Additionally, if there's some prompts you just want to answer, you can go ahead and pick them. I'm not going to sue you.

1. What does your OC feel most ashamed of and/or guilty about? Why?

2. What is the one personality trait your OC is trying to get rid of and is embarrassed of?

3. What motivates your OC to fulfill their role/do their job?

4. How would your OC like/prefer to die?

5. What teacher/tutor/mentor influenced your OC the most?

6. What is guaranteed to piss your OC off?

7. What is one thing your OC desperately wants, but can’t have?

8. If your OC was allowed to visit one last place before they died, where would they go?

9. Is there an object (or several) that you OC can’t live without? What is it/are they?

10. What are your characters weaknesses?

11. Which one of your OC’s memories makes them smile in private when they recall it?

12. Is your OC comfortable in a position of power, or would they prefer to be the one following orders?

13. When does your character feel truly at peace?

14. What sort of recreational activities does your OC engage in?

15. What does ‘home’ mean to your OC?

16. What was the biggest challenge (personal, physical, social, anything) your OC faced in their backstory?

17. When they were a child, what did your OC want to do when they grew up?

18. How does your OC feel about touch/physical contact? Are they affectionate? If so, how do they display affection to others?

19. What is your OC most dedicated to-their cause, their loved ones, themselves?

20. How does your OC handle relationships, platonic or otherwise? Do they forge bonds easily, or prefer to not get attached?
Kameko (played by Luscinioide) Topic Starter

let's goooo i'll break the ice and start us off
wrote:
13. When does your character feel truly at peace?

lmao kameko is the least suited character for this

response below as always
interesting question for kameko. i think she struggles a lot with 'gifted kid syndrome'; which, if you were a ""gifted kid"", you know exactly what i'm talking about. that post-education existential crisis where you suddenly stop being treated like a god just because you're objectively book smart, and the consequential lingering feeling of "I MUST CONTINUOUSLY BE PRODUCTIVE AND IMPROVE OR I AM A FAILURE, THERE IS NO TIME TO RELAX".

so, as odd as it sounds, i think the only time she would ever feel at peace is after accomplishing some kind of high stakes task. it'd probably act as a sort of validation to prove to herself that she is still capable and worthy of the titles bestowed upon her; a brief reprieve from the constant fear she'll be replaced, if you will.

i thought about going with the really cheesy answer of "when she's with her gorlfren uwu" but honestly, i can't imagine her ever being able to be at peace with her girlfriend around. it'd be like having a whirling tornado of golden retrievers high on pixie sticks orbiting around you, each of them asking seven hundred questions at the same time
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13.
Varian Rüdiger (played anonymously)

LET'S GOOOOO
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16 wrote:
16. What was the biggest challenge (personal, physical, social, anything) your OC faced in their backstory?

TANGLED: THE SERIES SEASON 3 SPOILERS
"My biggest challenge..." Varian looked down and thought. "There's, ha...There's a lot... But one specifically that's sticking out to me right now is trying to convince Cassandra that the path of hate was a dangerous track." He said. "Before you ask, she's okay now! She's following her own destiny!" Varian smiled, it seemed like he wanted to change the subject.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16.
Yaazecsus (played by Leighoflight)

lets see..

18. How does your OC feel about touch/physical contact? Are they affectionate? If so, how do they display affection to others?

Highly affectionate and loves physical contact and touching. A bit less so as of late due to body image issues but they won't completely shy away from a cuddle. Affection is through touch, gifts and words. Not afraid of PDAs either.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18.
Xailah Alptraum (played anonymously)

11.) Which one of your OC’s memories makes them smile in private when they recall it?

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oh boy, this one is a little tricky. Xailah is a very sentimental little creature by design- something that makes her starkly different from the rest of her kind. This is why she takes objects, especially from people that she is fond of, because she wants to remember them after she has moved on from them. Off the top of my head I can't really name any fond memories with other characters (outside of her home world), since she doesn't typically aim to form genuine attachments with those off-planet. Therefore most of her interactions aren't really sweet or worthy of sentiment (on her end). I have an ongoing scene with someone, where their characters may change this for her though, but we'll see. 😳

But currently, for the sake of answering the question, I'd say that any memories from her childhood- where she was actually able to be a child- are ones that will produce one of those sad little smiles of hers. So, memories of her time spent playing games with her sister, frolicking in her mother's greenhouse, or being a general menace. She didn't have a ton of opportunities to be a kid, since she is an heir and all, and she often feels like she was robbed of her childhood; so, any good memories from those simpler times are ones she cherishes greatly. Maybe I'll be able to come back to this in the future with a less vague answer!

I also imagine that she would, theoretically, smile at the silly little jokes and things others do. She's generally easily amused, if the mood allows.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11.

Note: 💃

(YESSSS forum prompts are exactly what I needed this gloomy morning , thank you 🥲 these look really good too 👀 expect me to be back LMAO. I'll try not to spam ahaha

Ok dice, what you got for me??)

///

Hey look a chara I hardly ever use. I'm actually shocked w myself LMAO. I don't post about Fie much, mainly because like... I'm a tad nervous about developing them? Idk. But anyway, Fie is one of my few charas truly dedicated to ✨ the cause ✨

also Fie doesn't use fixed pronouns so I tend to switch between he/they here, sorry haha. It is intentional tho

under a cut as talk of death/spirits/the afterlife
Their cause is really pretty simple. They make it sound grand, because that's how they think of it - but, no. They're kind of an... errand runner(?) for any spirit that wishes to use them. Passing things on, changing things they can't, generally trying to keep the world in line and balanced. Now, this could include acts for or against good folk, bad folk, random strangers... empathy isn't really something Fie can access after their resurrection, they just... do the job and justify it because 'it's the most important thing'.

AKA "if I don't, there's no guarantee I won't lose whatever favour I have with the afterlife and literally die right here for reals"

I'd say it's pretty uncontrollable in terms of interacting with other spirits - like, he can't stop them from finding him. Can't get them to leave him alone, either. He used to be able to control it and put boundaries in place while alive, but any walls are firmly down now.

Fie definitely takes notice of the dead more than the living, and seems to be all the more alive when he's around other spirits or supernatural beings. It's really hard to pull them away from a task if they've been asked to; they'll usually favour their (not always kind) spiritual 'benefactors' over anything that any living person tells them.

Are they happy? Well... I'm not sure they remember what any of that feels like.

(Someone please stop me from immediately doing another one lol I like these prompts so much--)
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19.
Luscinioide Topic Starter

((@sky; i fully encourage you to spam the jesus out of the thread because we both know i spam the jesus out of yours HAHAAA))
Diastema Novocaine (played anonymously)

here with my vocaloid-inspired dentist boi
concepting him

edit:
17. When they were a child, what did your OC want to do when they grew up?
Oh lordy you just hit a nerve (pun unintended because he's a dentist ;))
// TW: HIS BACKSTORY - Damage of Teeth, those old-fashioned Braces, hypocrisy, bullying, etc dentistry things
He stared for a moment, it appeared this answer took him aback.

"Well, if you insist on an answer. I indeed wanted to be a dentist when I was a child... You see, I had been bullied as a child by my schoolmates and one of them beat me up one day and caused a lot of damage to my teeth, some of them were even knocked out. I had to get surgery done by the dentists, the damn hypocrites they were and they told me to never eat sweets each time I went to get my braces checked. Mind you, the bullies bullied me about my braces too, they were the very noticeable, old-fashioned kind. Out of curiosity of waiting one time, I went to peer into the offices and I saw them eating candy themselves, as if they didn't just tell me it was bad for my teeth. It bothered me, because dentists are against candies and foods that'll decay your teeth, right? And to do the thing they tell others not to do, was hypocrisy. I got so mad at them, I refused treatment. My parents were upset, but I didn't care." He explained,

"I'm rambling... But anyway, point is... I decided to research dentistry, despite my hate of dentists. Because I wasn't going to be a sorry excuse for one like those who treated me when I was young." Diastema adjusted his glasses.

"Do forgive me for the long, traumatizing backstory."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.

Note: baby dice dododododo

((@Luscin - you may regret giving me the go-ahead lmao, I'll be here all day now 🥲 I'm gonna leave another cheeky dice roll here to get back to and edit later --

Frs though I really enjoy your posts on my prompts, as with everyone's, so multiposts are always totes encouraged at my end too 👀))
Quote:

Oh that's a tough one... I have some ideas though 🙃

under a cut cuz death (again lmao) and discussion of health issues
Fun fact: in Sol's first ever RP, I planned to off the poor guy in the end.

Obviously, I couldn't bring myself to lol.

But, it is something I think about quite often! Mainly because he's such a juggernaut for the most part. Mentally, that is, and in terms of "my stupid flesh prison needs to keep moving and I don't care what it says". But then, that's one of the issues I guess? He doesn't take care of himself as he should do, which is why he's got these issues in the first place.

Bearing in mind that Sol is - well, Sol - he'd be highly offended at the idea that he's afraid of death. It's a natural part of life, he'd argue. The most natural part. And besides, it isn't like there's anything he can do about it.
that, and at the crux of it, he thinks it would be a relief. He knows that, deep down, he's really bloody tired and he can't fight forever ;-;

Still, he's human (as much as he pretends otherwise) and these things are instinctive. He's been in situations where he's been incapacitated, both by having a weapon held to his neck, and apparent mutiny from his own body. Strangely, it was the latter that scared him the most. Nowadays, he's fastidious with his medication - even with suffering from hypertension anyway for a lot of his life, it was a still a shock to end up in hospital for it a few years back.

Now, he's more careful.
But, he insists, not because he's afraid.

All this to say that, I'm not certain there'd be a good way. But, whatever it is, he knows it will get him. I think he'd prefer to go down fighting - quite literally, at that - rather than fall victim to the frailties of his own body. Even at the very end, I can't imagine dignity would be far from his mind.

Even so, with all that... you better believe he'd be fighting like hell to stay alive, when it came to it. He's not about to leave his daughter on her own, just yet.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
December (played by Keke)

Quote:
15. What does ‘home’ mean to your OC?

The silence was almost eerie as the dhampir considered it from a serious point of view. Adjusting in her seat, one leg folded neatly over the other, and both hands came to rest atop her lap. Although the answer took some time, she was not stalling. Instead, she contemplated the gravity of her reply.

"The Library is my home..." she started, voice quiet. The Library was full of many strange things and on whole, an oddity in and of itself. Things went bump in the night and caused quite a stir for those who were not familiar with its particular nuances.

She leaned forward the slightest bit in her chair, replying earnestly to no one in particular, "I know it better than I know myself, truly. Every creature that calls it home I consider my friend, whether it bears two legs or thirty." Her position soon reset into one more relaxed, realizing she had tensed up in an almost defensive manner. One thing worth noting: she never mentioned other people. Just a building and its crawly inhabitants.

"I am my happiest there. It is where I feel safest, though some people may find it a frightful experience... I think that a bit silly," she let out a breathy laugh at the mere thought. "There are enough books to keep me entertained for hours, and more arriving almost every day." Where they were coming from, sometimes even she did not know.

"Still, it is where my heart beats, and I will never know another home."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.
Majima (played by Luscinioide) Topic Starter

everyone on forum games screaming as they watch me reach for majima and the dice for the 10th time this week
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14.
Spongebob Squarepants (played anonymously)

Escalators, Escalators, Escalators, Escalators!

EDIT:
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 1 wrote:
1. What does your OC feel most ashamed of and/or guilty about? Why?

"I feel guilty that Squidward is so sad and angry all the time... It might not be my fault, I don't know, but I still feel really guilty. Every time I try to cheer him up, he ends up getting even more angry! So yeah, I'm guilty about that." He said, kicking his feet as he sat on the chair he was sitting on, answering questions on.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 1.
prog knife. (played by Sohrryu)

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚎/𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚓𝚘𝚋?
EVA spoilers, probably some sad stuff
"I wanna win! Doesn't everyone?" That wasn't a lie, per se. Rather, it was an oversimplification of the truth. Everyone wanted to win, everyone who respected themselves-- That's where the first problem with her statement came in. She didn't. She managed to get by, of course. She exceled in school, she was able to combat other-wordly threats and hold her own in stressful scenarios. Frankly, she could be a bit of a badass when she wanted to. But it was never enough. A college degree as a highschool freshman, killing aliens-- Asuka knew that meant something, but she also knew that no one cared. At least, that was her thought process. Whether it was right or not was a different story. She distances herself from the people she wants praise from, she lashes out at them and... well, at herself. It wasn't enough, no matter how much others told her otherwise.

She'd left something important out, of course. She had lost many times in her life. She'd needed support from friends, and that only made one thing clear to her. In Asuka's mind, this was nothing but a sign of weakness. Having to rely on 'friends' made her a liability, a problem. The redhead would never stop bragging about how strong she was, even though she knew just how wrong she was. Asuka had...

Asuka had died. In the most horrific way imaginable, and even though she'd come back, she bore the scars. A missing eye, scar tissue lining her arm... a permanent reminder of just how much of a failure she really was. And now, no matter what, she would never lose again. Never.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.
MOVED TO vocaloids (played anonymously)

"Mm." Tooth Hurty perked his head up, doesn't look like he was trying to speak though.

"Ahmmh m-mhh!" (Translation: Trash Dentist!)
He aggressively got out of his seat.

"Hmamah hhmh-ah!" (Translation: I hate him!)
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
"Twenty questions, huh? Which one do I get?"

"Natural causes. Because there is no pain, only peace after a hopefully fulfilling life."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
"Let's try it."

EDIT: "Oh...umm...well..." Theo blushes deeply, "I feel truly at peace when I am rubbing a pregnant woman's belly." He sighs. "Huh, that was easier to admit than I thought."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13.
"My turn!"

14. What sort of recreational activities does your OC engage in?

"Nature photography, fishing, hunting, camping and traveling."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14.
"Hmmm"

Edit: "Oh that's easy! I can get real mad of some fool hurts someone I care about real bad.
Then there ain't no limits to the anger I bare"!
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
MOVED TO vocaloids (played anonymously)

9. Is there an object (or several) that you OC can’t live without? What is it/are they?

"Mmmm-ah. Mm ah mah-mhh." (Translation: Well, I would say my jaw...)
He seemed to be angry at something...or someone.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.
Patches (played by GingerHades)

*scurries out of the void*

12. Is your OC comfortable in a position of power, or would they prefer to be the one following orders?

Patches is okay with both positions. However, if they had to choose one over the other, Patches would prefer to be in a position of power.

This primarily applies to the Dreamworld; That realm is at their fuzzy paw-like fingertips. Patches has the power to do anything they want, and that includes being able to do things they are incapable of doing in the Waking World. No rules, no limitations that reality holds them back with... Patches absolutely enjoys it.

Of course, we should be thankful that Patches holds no control/authority over the Waking World, as giving them that power would make this little skrunkly MUCH more of a threat to everyone's safety.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Get to Know Your Character Prompts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus