Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi there, new here!

Hi all, you can call me Miverie. I joined this site quite a while ago and only just now got around to really checking it out, however, here's the kicker: I have never done thread RPs before and have generally little idea of how this website works so I've very slowly been exploring my way around it before actually diving into any RP.

I've been roleplaying for years and have pretty much always been an active writer, mostly in private settings, but I am most experienced with Amino's functionalities as someone who has typically been heavily invested in Korean Roleplay (KRP) settings.

My OCs are definitely my number one hyperfixation, I have created more or less an entire multiverse reality for them and as such am typically revolving around multiple AU concepts at once. I love learning about and discussing other people's OCs, however I am also rather shy when talking to new people.

Are there any tips you can give to me, as someone who is having somewhat of a hard time interacting on the site and figuring out how it works? I'm excited to branch out and become accustomed to this new environment, from what I've seen by poking around a bit everyone seems very helpful and friendly.

Thank you for reading!

Edit: Thank you to everyone who has given me a warm welcome, I've been finding it a lovely time settling in here as my new rp home. ^^
Hi :) welcome back? I'm new, I hope its not as dead as it seems since I got here.
1415-sailormarswave.gif
Welcome, Welcome! Hope you find lots of people to Rp with! It took some learning to get the site features down, but it's been amazing for me! I hope it's amazing for you too!
Welcome to RP Repository! If you need any assistance, check out the 'Getting Started Guide'. I'll go ahead and link you to it =)
I personally like to go around and look at roleplays, and also ask about roleplays for stuff I like. MHA, Cowboy Bebop, the Avengers, etc. And then I go to groups... And then I chat in the smalltalk until I find someone with a cool aesthetic and I talk to them. Haha. Welcome to the site! Have a good time here. It's a cool place, the RPRepository, treat it well! Byebyeee!!! <3 ~Shinyrainbowlithogra <3
princeshortcake

Welcome!!
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
Hello, welcome to RPR
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
NwJXT0D.gif

Hey, hello, salutations, and welcome to RP Repository! It's a good clean slate to pick back up on since you've got a general idea of what to expect. Forum-based RPs aren't too terribly difficult but we're here to help if you need it. My only suggestion is, when you find a writing partner do what's comfortable for the both of you! That includes creating a forum or group dedicated to your cause, make your inbox a thing where you RP back and forth through messaging, or you can even take it off site and do so through e-mail or Discord! The options are pretty limitless.

But if you need an idea of what to expect, check out the forums -- my favorite in particular being the Forum Games! It's a wonderful place to take your OCs (or in my case, canons) and interact, mingle, or even develop your characters into something more. There's several games you can play in the Forums on how your character can react to a certain situation or with other peoples' characters.

I think my favorite aspect of the whole site would have to be the character building! Check out the profiles that people whip up and you'll see exactly what I mean. I've poked my nose into yours and really like that you have a page dedicated to your character list. I also have one of those -- I call it my Headspace pretty much. I may change that title to Mind Palace though because it's basically an archive of all more than just my characters. ANYHOO!~

I hope you find you it to your liking here and if you have any questions or what have you, feel free to reach out! :)
Hello Miverie! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
There is a lot of information on Help Database if you have the time and desire to explore.
One of the best things about Rp Repository is the Character Slots!
One can be as creative as they want with all the pages and widgets available.
Hope you have fun and enjoy the best roleplaying site on the internet! :D
welcome! we love hyperfixating on ocs here lol
I was brand new to thread RPs before joining here, the community is wonderful and eased me into it easily. I hope you find some awesome writing partners soon!
Welcome to RPR!
A2-C61-D18-15-A1-4-B70-BB61-1-FBF4444-A878.gif

All aboard the welcome train!

Welcome to RPR! <3 I hope you enjoy it here on this site. Everyone within this community is always so friendly, don’t worry. Remember: never be afraid to ask questions!
Welcome!

You don't HAVE to RP in threads. It definitely is not mandatory.

You can also RP through private messages and through groups, the latter in a more forum-like structure.

You can also use RPR to find RP partners and RP via Discord.

The beauty of the site is that it definitely does not limit you in terms of how you RP.
Have fun exploring all the rabbit holes of this site!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi there, new here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus