Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sip & Nibble Cafe

Lenny Martin (played by Jaws)

Rules:
  1. Any physical alteration between characters will caused them to get kicked out IC. Do your best and try to be civil.
  2. Follow the site's rules and keep it PG-13 for everyone.
  3. No need to ask to join. Have your character enjoy a sweet treat or a cup of coffee.

Forum Affiliates: Porter's Courtyard and Garden
Rain poured down heavily as umbrellas decorated the streets. Along the busy streets, a small cafe stuck out between the city buildings. The Sip & Nibble Cafe was a small brown building with vines and plants decorating it. Above the double doors was a small panel painted green with a white wooden sign reading Sip & Nibble Cafe. Once entering the cafe, an umbrella basket was parked beside the doors.  

Jazz played throughout the cafe as the scent of coffee and pastries perfumed the room. The floor was mahogany brown with faint gold patterns of swirls. Paintings and shelves filled with mugs, books, and potted plants decorated the grey striped walls. In the left corner was a rounded table with seats for four.  The table had a lacy floral tablecloth and a pale pink beneath it. Across from it was a table with a jar of cookies and a display stand filled with various small pastries such as macrons, shortbread cookies, and cupcakes. Beside it was the front corner with a glass display counter filled with more pastries.

A small kitchen stood behind the corner with coffee appliances and shelves filled with ingredients and more mugs. The menu itself hanged above the oven range hood. Near the cafe's single windows in the bottom right corner was a skinny and long table with built-in charging stations and grey cushioned stools. In the bottom left corner was a cozy corner of couches and bunches of pillows.
Lenny Martin (played by Jaws) Topic Starter

The owner, Eleanor, took shade from the rain with the overhang above the doors. Her keys jingle as she unlocks the cafe doors. Once entering the cafe, she walks behind the front counter and opens the door to the power breaker. With a few switches, the lights in the cafe are on. Eleanor grabs her apron and puts on then washes her hand in the kitchen sink.

After a couple of hours, Eleanor finishes making the pastries for the morning. She then flips over her open sign, waiting for customers.
Max (played by Maxthecoolcat420)

* max had Hurd of this new cafe he wasent to much of a cafe person but he thought to give it a try and he enters saying * max: hello anyone home * he said curesly walking to the counter *

The scent of pumpkin spice wafted through the air. Eleanor looked up at her first customer of the day. "Welcome to Sip & Nibble Cafe. Can I get you started with anything?", she said warmly. In the display case was desserts and sweets catered to fall. The special of the day was bizcochitos cookies which are known for the floral licorice like flavor from the anise and cinnamon sugar dusting on top of them. She took a good look at the man and went to grab a mug just in case he ordered anything to drink. It was a sandy brown mug with yellow mushrooms and flowers in front of it. Due to the smell of weed coming from Max, she could assume that he smoked.

"Any smoking is okay but you will have to sit by the window." Eleanor pointed to the only window in the building. The window was slightly open due to the fact it was raining outside. There was a long, skinny table by the window with cushioned stools by it.

max: Hmm, I'll take the special then and oh dont worry i wont smoke in here it just wouldn't feel right in a lovely little place like this * he said with a chuckle * max: and thank you do you only sell cofie or do you have like pop and what not * he said curesly*

Eleanor grabbed a pair of tongs and a saucer plate. "How many would you like?" She gestured toward the bizcochitos which were star shaped. Eleanor nodded when Max declined to smoke in the cafe. "I also sell soda", she said. Placing the tongs down, she went to a cooler and grabbed a bottle to show as a example. The soda was in a glass bottle like the ones exported from Mexico.

max; ill take two of them and your joking! * he said as his face lit up when he saw the mexican bottles * max: you know how many places that dont sell the bottles its like almost everywhere * he said with a excited tone * max: you wouldent happen to have bottled coke would ya or do you have more pepsi products
He would enter by pushing the door open. He was wearing a blue Hoodia with white and gold flames coming up from the bottom. His pants matched. He had his hood as he entered, but he pushed the hood off. He would quietly make his way into the line and stood there quietly.

"Welcome to Sip & Nibble Cafe. I will be there with you in just a moment", Eleanor said to Jin. She plated two bizcochitos cookies on the saucer. "It isn't found everywhere. I like the fact it is made with real cane sugar", she agreed with Max. The excited tone of Max and many others is the reason she brought them. She placed a bottle of coke on the counter. "Would you like a bottle opener?" Eleanor rung up his order on the cash register.

"Your total is 1.05", she said, reading off the register.

Max: no thank you I got a lighter * he chuckled as he would take the money out and hand it to her * max: there you go * he said with a cheerful tone *

Eleanor took the money from Max and insert it into the register. She turned her attention to the next customer. "How can I help you today?", she said.
He stepped up and he spoke in his thick Japanese accent "one blueberry bagel and medium hot tea with honey please"
Kazehiki (played anonymously)

Kazehiki carefully pushed open the door and walked in, holding his cross around his neck and sniffling.
He crawled into a seat at a table and wiped his nose with his sleeve silently.

° max would grab his items and go and walk to Facebook° max: howdy there friend mind if I didn't ya
Julie Estelle (played anonymously)

Alas!

The rain poured heavily and she forgot to bring her umbrella. Now, how would she go to work? The woman with a brown hair was already nearby her office but suddenly, the rain poured in the middle of her way.

It seemed that the rain won’t be stopping anytime soon when she decided to wait on the unknown empty and looks abandoned shelter and it was already an half hour she was standing by it. She was sure that she will be late to go work because of the heavy rain, but maybe she will take her leave because of this force majeure.

Julie sighed and feel the breeze started to make her cold so she decided to just run through it. She knew a café nearby her office and she headed toward it. At least, she can have some warm drink while waiting the rain to stop.

After arriving in front of the café, Julie brushed her hair that was damp because of the rain. She ran as far as she could on her heels that made her dress thankfully not wet or else, she should stay outside. It was only her hair that being dewy and with the tingle sound of the door’s bell from the café, Julie entered it. There were some customers staying already, they must have had the same reason as her to wait the rain to stop.

Han-sohee-abyss.gif
She went toward the counter and talked to the owner. “Hello, Miss. Can I have some hot cappuccino?” She rubbed her right arm to warm herself.
He looked at the woman that had just cut in front of him. Such quarreling was beneath him, so he simply took a step back away from the counter and remained quiet.

Jin Kazama wrote:
He stepped up and he spoke in his thick Japanese accent "one blueberry bagel and medium hot tea with honey please"

Eleanor grabbed a medium sized coffee and a lid. She turned her head to look at Jin and asked, "Any tea flavor you preferably like? And would you like cream cheese" She returned her attention back to the kettle of hot water and poured its content in the cup. Grabbing a blueberry bagel, Eleanor placed it in a toaster and grabbed a small bag to put it in. She noticed two more people had entered the cafe, a child who crawled into a seat at one of the few tables in the cafe and a woman who miraculously wasn't wet from the rain expect perhaps for her hair. "Your total is 4 dollars", Eleanor said to Jin.
He removed a $10 bill his wallet that he retrieved from his jacket "green tea, please, and yes. Cream cheese." He would gesture to Julie plainly "I will pay for hers and for the little boy in the back" he said in his soft-spoken tone.

Julie Estelle wrote:
Alas!

The rain poured heavily and she forgot to bring her umbrella. Now, how would she go to work? The woman with a brown hair was already nearby her office but suddenly, the rain poured in the middle of her way.

It seemed that the rain won’t be stopping anytime soon when she decided to wait on the unknown empty and looks abandoned shelter and it was already an half hour she was standing by it. She was sure that she will be late to go work because of the heavy rain, but maybe she will take her leave because of this force majeure.

Julie sighed and feel the breeze started to make her cold so she decided to just run through it. She knew a café nearby her office and she headed toward it. At least, she can have some warm drink while waiting the rain to stop.

After arriving in front of the café, Julie brushed her hair that was damp because of the rain. She ran as far as she could on her heels that made her dress thankfully not wet or else, she should stay outside. It was only her hair that being dewy and with the tingle sound of the door’s bell from the café, Julie entered it. There were some customers staying already, they must have had the same reason as her to wait the rain to stop.

Han-sohee-abyss.gif
She went toward the counter and talked to the owner. “Hello, Miss. Can I have some hot cappuccino?” She rubbed her right arm to warm
herself.

* max had noticed the wet lady coming into the cafe and he chuckled a little befor pulling out a small hand towl as he would then walk to them * max: sorry but i noticed you were all wet and all so here * he said handing her the hand towel* max: i know it might not dry your hair but itll dry whatever water there is * he chuckled *

Jin Kazama wrote:
He removed a $10 bill his wallet that he retrieved from his jacket "green tea, please, and yes. Cream cheese." He would gesture to Julie plainly "I will pay for hers and for the little boy in the back" he said in his soft-spoken tone.

Lenny took the 10 dollar bill and placed it beside the register. She went to add a green tea bag into the cup. Grabbing a small goodie bag, Lenny filled it with sugar packets and honey. She started to prepare a hot cappuccino while waiting for the bagel to toast.

Once the bagel toasted and she spread cream cheese on it, she packaged it. "Here you go." Lenny handed Jin his tea and bagel. Once the cappuccino was finished, she waved towards Julie. "The gentleman before you paid for your order already", she said.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sip & Nibble Cafe

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus