Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Returning to the hobby

1goldpiece

Hi friends! I'm Dean. I've been roleplaying online for 10+ years. I've also done DnD for 2 and LARP for 6, so I probably classify as a veteran. My favorite genre is High Fantasy and Period Dramas (though they may not always be historically accurate haha). I took a rather long break when I started to struggle with my mental health. I'm trying to get back to things I enjoy doing, even if it's a slow process. My friend suggested this site and I am excited to become part of the community here! I hope you all have a good day and happy roleplaying! <3
Hello Dean! Welcome to RP Repository! :)
Warmest Welcome to you here at RP Repository! And welcome back to Online Roleplaying! May you and your characters find a loving home here and stories to thrive in!
Hello, welcome to RPR
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
Mental health can really mess things up, I'm so glad to hear you're making your way back to things you enjoy! I'm in the same process myself atm so very much relate haha
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
If you ever need help or is unsure about something, feel free to ask someone or use the Help forum!
I'm with you on the mental health - it's about the only time I really stop writing is if it gets really bad, so I"m so happy to hear you're on the upswing, and back at the hobby. And yes, not probably, you are a veteran - hope you find great partners here!!
I can confirm, the community here is amazing and one of the kindest and accepting I've ever been in! Even the mods are super nice!
Hi Dean! Warmest Welcomes!

I'm Erin.
Mental Health is pretty legit, and I'm always glad to see people being open about it. <3
Starry_Dragonflies

Hiya, and welcome to RPR, Dean!

Sorry to hear about your mental health being the reason you took a step back, but it's always important to take breaks! And you're not just a veteran in the RP scene, you also have an extensive amount of fandoms, I see you Sandman and The Quarry (love that game). Anyways, I tend to ramble sometimes~
So welcome back to RPing, and to RPR~
Welcome to the RPR, Dean! 📝✨
Welcome to RPR, glad to have you here!
Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you enjoy your stay. ^^
AK54sxu.gif

RPR is very, very DnD friendly! A lot of folks RP as their characters here, I've noticed. You should fit right in and I hope you make it your home. I know it's a bit easy-going at times, but it's certainly got a lot of diversity and talent to offer. I suggest you poke around the forums and see what neat things you can come across. Also, if you're really gung-ho, make up your manifest and pitch your stories to the masses with an advertisement! Most of the times I use RPR as a means to built my character roster and link them to whatever it is I'm doing or RPing at. You may even find me from time to time in the Forum Games thread because there's a lot of development going on there with the prompts as well as character interactions.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any one of us. :) I hope you have a good 'un!
Hihi!! Welcome to the RPRepository, Dean! I’ve been here since 2017 and trust me on this, everyone here is sweet and all a bit nerdy :3c

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Returning to the hobby

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus