Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrath is in the Stars (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Loren

605a6e5fac2601df6dcaf57684352c42.jpg

About the Setting
Quote:
A time where the human race had expanded across the stars, searching and looking for any planets viable for human settling. They found them, alright, and the new colonization reached a peak where it rivalled the events of the Age of Discovery.

Oddly enough, humanity had not found, well, "proper" aliens. Oh, they did find the native sentient lifeforms of other planets, of course, but no extraterrestial empires nor multiplanetary civilizations. No higher cultures. No superior technology.

Until the start of the new century.

In 2700, the threat from the dark had come. The threat from the unexplored. The threat from the shadows.

And in shadows and swarms they came, hundreds and thousands and millions of bloodthirsty xenobiological monstruosities, ultraged at this new conversion of the once wild planets to the human's order. And humankind did find other technologically superior beings, and did find war.

That was 107 years ago.

_._

The effects were devasting. Planets were devoured. Lush lands were turned into barren wastelands. Rotten husks were the ruins of once powerful cities. Hives fell apart into the endless espace. Millions died, on both sides. And there would be no peace. There would be no diplomacy between Humanity and the monsters that had come from the stars.

The military had achieved a higher status. The Earth courts, the center of their extraterestial empires, plotted against each other, maybe even more than against the Tchauri. Young children with bright, tactical potentials from all planets were taken to a military training to become killers and soldiers. Human Technology had evolved, hand to hand with political games, intrigue, and idiologies.

And the war raged on.
About the Tchauri.
Quote:
The Tchauri are a hive coligation of aliens with many subspecies of varying qualities and appearances. The Tchauri don't organize themselves by the traditional human standards or heriarchy: imagine an ant colony. The "mother species" are the Brood Queens, and then there are the workers, the restrainers, the gaaths, the ravagers... each bred for a different purpose or murderous utility.

The Tchauri could also be described as extreme ambientalists, and they abbhore the humankind for taking over their hunting grounds. (Not that they exactly care a lot about the native species of each planet, mind. ) The Tchauri mostly view their war against the humans like the Crusades. There is also a religous aspect: the Tchauri view the High Queen as their "godess", and the other Brood Queens as high, er, priestesses. In a way.

The Brood Queens are mothlike in appearance, with large translucent wings, tentacles that descend from their animalistic mouth, and five long "legs" that when outstretched could easily snap a tank in two. They're very rare, however, and never actually engage in actual combat.

Even if there's a lot of variety within the Tchauri species, most have large mandibles, and are at least insectlike. Or squid.

The Tchauri do not enslave nor assimilate planets into their empire. Not quite.
They do have a healthy diet, you know.

_

So yeah, this roleplay's is darker than my usual stuff. There are a lot of plots that can derive from the setting, though. There's the setting on Earth, still not yet in the fringes of the war, with various political movements going on, and on the said fringes of wartorn planets, with desperate battles and acts of bravery and exploding spaceships ( :D ) and all that.

Two other plots could be with the specifically selected children, mostly human but possibly of other alien species, taken from their homeworlds by the United League to endure the horrific war training against horrors of the Tchauri, and the Tchauri themselves.

There could also be the other alien civilizations of the planets that Earth colonized, possibly rising in rebellion. There can be a lot of rogue or third factions and aliens, but the two major factions at war would be the Tchauri and the Humankind.

Anyways, I'll add more info tomorrow.
I'll use Typhe: I've been dying to use him in a sci fi roleplay for a while. He'll be the extremely unwilling scientific advisor for the United Terrestial League.

I may bring more characters in. A villain. I won't roleplay the Tchauri, though, because I suck at rping non-humanoid aliens :P

This should probably be a group. It depends on how many people are interested :P
This seems really interesting and I would love to join in on it. Though I would most likely use an alien over a human XD
Joseph Mordrin (played anonymously)

Ha, I was thinking about asking you about this just earlier. Am I still welcome?
Loren Topic Starter

@Sketch444: Cool! By alien do you mean the Big Bad Tchauri or other species? Who're you gonna use?

@Joe: Yeah, great! I didn't have time to sent you a PM yesterday, I did the intro on a run.
I meant a separate alien species from the Tchauri. I was thinking maybe something like the cordeseps fungus. I imagined that my character's species would be a species of sentient fungus, and their spores would spread out and infect an animal on their planet, ideally a humanoid critter. Each of the individual spores would form together and grenerate a hive mind in each individual infected. I would assume only the base fungus(As in no host) could release these spores into the air, and they could only infect species on their planet. They would also speak with a sort of telepathy.
Loren Topic Starter

Interesting! Would they be in a major planet, however? Earth? Maybe one of the wartorn ones? Also, could they be able to control a human?
No I don't imagine they would. I'm kinda wanting to bread the mold though XD. Usually the parasitic life forms that take over others are normally portrayed as villains and monsters. I kinda want to use these guys in a more sympathetic light.
Loren Topic Starter

Haha, fair enough. Where would they be located, though? :P
Uh..... IDK right now. StI'll fleshing out the species info and what not. If I have multiple characters I may have two or more characters I'll possibly have them in both places.
Loren Topic Starter

Haha, okay. I'll patiently await. Hopefully, if we get more than 5 roleplayers for this, I'll make the group >.>
Oh so this'll be a group instead of a roleplay then?
Loren Topic Starter

Quite possibly. Like I said, it depends. *shrugs*
Alright.
Loren Topic Starter

Well, I'd say we'd need at least five people for this to start :P So bump.
I am sooooo interested... But the only Sci-fi character I have at the moment is a human psychic (haven't put up a profile for him yet, didn't know I'd be wanting him haha). The idea with him is that weird phenomena like psychic powers are starting to show up among his space-station colony, what with several generations being born in space and some other weird things going on in the particular part of space that their station is in. Would that fit into your lore?
Loren Topic Starter

Yeah! Are the powers just affecting him or other members of his colony, though? :P Also, would the space station be orbiting any colonized planet?
He's not the only one, no--but it's a very large colony, and the mutation is fairly new. Rumors have spread around the place, but he hasn't actually met anyone in person who shares his power, or at least not anyone who has admitted to it.

In fact, he himself hasn't really caught on yet to what is happening to him. He can't figure out why he knows things that he shouldn't be able to know... he may also be a little slow :P

It wouldn't be orbiting a colonized planet, no. Isolation is one of the factors in the development of the psychic powers. It orbits the atmosphere-less rocky moon of a gas giant. It began as a prison colony... which would be why they got such a crappy deal planet-wise, haha.

EDIT: Not that he can't leave the colony--it isn't a prison anymore!
Loren Topic Starter

Okay, cool. If the United Nations found out about his psyhic powers, though, they'd probably try to recruit him into the League to fight the Tchauri. Speaking of the Tchauri, how far is that space colony away from the major fringes of battle? (Maybe the rather useless planet could avert the attention of the Tchaur?) :P
Yes and yes, to everything you just said. I was thinking that being recruited (coerced) would be the best move to get the character involved in the action. As for the space station, imminent alien threat would be pretty cool. And useful for Noah to see in his premonitions, probably.
Loren Topic Starter

Well, Typhe could be sent to the space station, as the scientific advisor of the League, along with a small fleet, to relutanctly assist the members of the space station prepare against the Tchauri attack. The actual reason could be to investigate the "incidents" going on, and the soldiers would be there to make sure he actually did something >.> .

I'm not sure how that would tie in with Sketch's fungus, or Joe. Maybe it could be the other way around? Noah being sent to the intrigue-filled nucleolus of the various Human Empires [Earth, basically :P] because of his "powers", or to try to convince the League to assist the Station? XD

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Wrath is in the Stars (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus