Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Fancy Drinking Cup Discussion Thread (Closed)

Loren Topic Starter

Oh, I thought her undead status would be less noticeable. XD Maybe she could havê used glamours of some sort?

Hmm, nice idea. (Haha, you three are actually already one in front of the other in the posting order anyway.)
Okay, I guess Glamours could work, though I do still plan for her to not be human. And I'm currently still working out specifics on her races.
Loren Topic Starter

Well, she could only use the glamours while travelling with the duo. Maybe she could lose the glamours due to being distracted in a fight, later on? It could be an interesting plot twist :P
She might want to hide it anyway. People usually don't see the undead as cuddly beings. More like plagues they need to get rid of. So it'd make sense for her to try as much as possible to hide her true nature as long as she's going to areas where many people gather.
Ok, though IDK how much I'd want to focus on her Glamors. I honestly didn't picture Isabelle as someone who would actively try and hide her undead nature.
Well, she won't have to hide it the entire time. She could perhaps first earn the trust of the ones she travels with before revealing she's actually a walking corpse. It just seems more sensible she'd hide it when in places where a lot of people gather, lest one of them feels the need to smite her.
Loren Topic Starter

Yeah, I kinda agree with Rynh. Not to mention the fact that entering a tavern full of superstitious peasants as an undead would probably be a bad idea XD
Okay I guess, though I think it would be interesting if we broke stereotype and didn't have people try to purge undead on sight.
It's not just a stereotype. Unless this world has it established that undead are no threat - which would have a lot of other implications as well - then the living would at bare minimum mistrust the undead and treat them as lesser beings if not monsters/aberrations. That's just kinda how people work. :/
Loren Topic Starter

Not to mention it would reduce the threat level of the undead creatures that haunt the forests, awoken by the Chalice's power. I mean, if the undead were accepted and all, it'd be a bit "Oh, chill, there's only a blood golem outside. Never liked Nancy anyways. Look what he's doing with her bones...! Here, get me the camera! This'll look great in that zombie newspaper I've been telling you about!"
Oh I didn't realize the monsters were gonna be undead too.
Loren Topic Starter

Well, not all of them. Only a few horrors. But yeah, I was just following Nova's point XD
I have to agree, breaking the stereotype has plenty of implications. Shambling corpses stinking up the place aren't exactly good business ethics. There's a reason the 'stereotype' exists, really. Having an undead around that doesn't want to eat brains is a nice concept, don't get me wrong. But that doesn't mean people will suddenly get all cuddly with them because one of them happens to be nice. Think about it, what's there to fear about death if you come back as an accepted member of society anyway? There'd be no more living people left. People would just line up to die young.
Loren Topic Starter

Except for the fact that they'd kinda progressively rot and all that, even if dead at a young age, but yeah, good point XD
...but yeah, the land the whole group is in is as accepting of a undead necromancer as you would expect from medievalesque fantasy villagers.

Besides, it could actually make for an interesting plot point in the future where her true identity was discovered and the whole party would be conflicted as to what to do with her, with some members -glances surreptitiously at Valder- being more in favour of smiting her and others being far more accepting. Conflict's nice XD
Ok. Maybe there could be a few possible hints at her nature? Maybe the undead that attack the group don't immediately go for her?
Loren Topic Starter

Sure, of course. (I love foreshadowing XD) I'm still thinking about the way to include the undead assailants, though. Hmm.
Annani (played anonymously)

Annani would know pretty quick that something is wrong with Isabelle. She may not immediately know what but she would know there was something and would be wary of her because of it.
How would she immediately know something was off about Isabelle?
This may be too forward but, can we start the rp soon?
Loren Topic Starter

Well, once we figure out the undead thing, I presume we'll start, yeah.

Well, mages always tend to be able to sense some form of magic around them. And as a fire mage Annani "has a keen sense for magic and can detect the abnormal with ease", quoting from her profile. I presume Marchesa and Baen would also see beneath the glamours, considering they are heavy users of glamours themselves, not to mention shapeshifters. They'd probably not say anything, though, so as to not delay the adventuring party even further. I also imagine that Brittan (even if she's a more inexperienced sorceress) or Skylar could also sense something off? XD

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Fancy Drinking Cup Discussion Thread (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus