Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » [CLOSED] Accolade madness!

Sanne Moderator

I finally did it! I got 200 accolades on RPR!

Wow!! At the beginning of this year I jokingly set myself the goal to reach 200 accolades before my birthday. Last night, against all odds and expectations, I did it! I've been a notorious bug hunter for RPR for years - bugs quiver at the mere mention of my name ;) - and I'm super stoked to have beaten my own high score! That's why I want to CELEBRATE with you all with a little giveaway!!

How did you get so many accolades?!
Please check out an article I wrote when I hit 100 accolades. In summary, I expect the site to behave in a certain way. When it doesn't, I send a detailed bug report to Kim! This can be anything from a typo or missing text header, to real issues such as features being broken. I also have the bad habit of trying to break things by doing things I shouldn't, such as trying to have my username emailed to me while I'm already logged in just to see what happens. ;)

Remember: when you submit a report, be as detailed as possible! It can be frustrating when a lot of time goes into asking for information that is easily supplied up front. The article tells you what the best kind of bug reports are!

How to play the game:
There are four prizes (see the list). I will roll a die at the beginning of each round to determine the number that has to be rolled and I'll update this post with the number. Anonymous characters are disqualified by default - this isn't for art, these are giftable items. :) No need for anons!

Roll a 1d20 once a day.

Prizes!
  1. Oil of Epicness - Rolled by Skye! #38
  2. Enchanted Silk Cloak - Rolled by Novalyyn! #26
  3. Yellow Rose - Rolled by Tealight! #3
  4. Gregory the Owl Puff* - Rolled by SarietheFae! #12
* If you want to roll for the Owl Puff, please be aware this is a physical item and I will mail it to your real life address. If you're under 18, please ask your parents for permission. If you don't want to or can't give me your address, please don't participate in the last round!

egCG9w5.jpg

Today's number: 12
Rolling for prize: #4 Gregory the Owl Puff*

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ROLLING:

This prize will be physically mailed to the winner. If you're under 18, ask your parents for permission to give me your address before you roll in case you win. If you're 18+ please make sure you're comfortable giving me your address.

You MUST include the following in your roll so I know you read this and understand! If you don't, your roll is always disqualified

"I have permission to/am comfortable with sharing my real-life address with you if I win so you can send me the owl puff."

You don't need to pay for shipping, it's all FREE!

If it helps, I have sent people on RPR stuff in the mail before plenty of times, including mailed some other owl puffs! I will discard your address after I mailed the puff to you. I've been on the site for a long time and I have a good reputation for this stuff. :)

(I'm sorry if this a sudden change, I just want to make sure people don't get disappointed if they roll a winning roll and then can't take Gregory home.)

ALL DONE! All prizes have been rolled and awarded! :D
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

And the first number iiiiiiiiiis....

rolled 1d100 and got 38

Because it's my Mutti.

rolled 1d100 and got 76
C'mon momma!

XD I'll give this a go..

rolled 1d100 and got 42

Congrats!

rolled 1d100 and got 31

Good job xD

rolled 1d100 and got 24

38 is low enough for me... Congrats too. :3

rolled 1d100 and got 19

Darn. Did it wrong.

rolled 1d6 and got 2

rolled 1d100 and got 28

Thanks everyone!! I hope someone rolls it soon! ;)
C'mon 38

rolled 1d100 and got 63

WOW!! Congratulations, Sanne!! :D That is so awesome!

rolled 1d100 and got 43

Congratulations Sanne! That's a pretty awesome achievement!

rolled 1d100 and got 62

What are accolades? Lol I feel dumb asking this.
yay Sanne!

rolled 1d100 and got 85

Kim Site Admin

Kuraudo47 wrote:

Accolades are badges for your profile that can be earned by doing something that improves the site for everyone. The two most common ways to earn an accolade is by making a bug report that leads to something being fixed or improved on-site, however big or small, or by welcoming and helping a lot of new players to the site, but people have certainly earned them in other ways.

Sometimes there are special accolade badges that can only be earned during a certain week, by helping out in a specific way. For example, during December, there was a special accolade for people who gave out a lot of kudos. Or, when I launched the groups feature and wanted to get everyone to test them and send in bug reports so I could make sure they were ship-shape, there was a special accolade for people who submitted bug reports during that week.

You can see what accolades people have earned recently by going to Community > Accolades in the menu.
Kim wrote:
Kuraudo47 wrote:

Accolades are badges for your profile that can be earned by doing something that improves the site for everyone. The two most common ways to earn an accolade is by making a bug report that leads to something being fixed or improved on-site, however big or small, or by welcoming and helping a lot of new players to the site, but people have certainly earned them in other ways.

Sometimes there are special accolade badges that can only be earned during a certain week, by helping out in a specific way. For example, during December, there was a special accolade for people who gave out a lot of kudos. Or, when I launched the groups feature and wanted to get everyone to test them and send in bug reports so I could make sure they were ship-shape, there was a special accolade for people who submitted bug reports during that week.

You can see what accolades people have earned recently by going to Community > Accolades in the menu.

Ohhh okay! Thanks!

Kuraudo47 wrote:

There's a blurb at the top of the accolades page that gives a brief description!

65384e392eb66745de725f081ffdc2c6.png

See these trophies on my profile? I've done a bunch of things such as reporting bugs. When Kim fixes a bug, you get a random trophy on your profile! You can see all of mine here. If you hover your mouse over one, it tells you what I got it for. :) Sometimes there are special events, such as the kudos Christmas event, new features or Halloween trick-or-treat topics that you get an accolade for too. Check the link in the first post for help with bug reports or keep your eyes peeled for special events. :)

The easiest way to get accolades now is to reply to introduction topics in a timely manner. You can get one accolade per month that way!

Edit: Of course Kim ninja'd me. XD
Sanne wrote:
Kuraudo47 wrote:

There's a blurb at the top of the accolades page that gives a brief description!

65384e392eb66745de725f081ffdc2c6.png

See these trophies on my profile? I've done a bunch of things such as reporting bugs. When Kim fixes a bug, you get a random trophy on your profile! You can see all of mine here. If you hover your mouse over one, it tells you what I got it for. :) Sometimes there are special events, such as the kudos Christmas event, new features or Halloween trick-or-treat topics that you get an accolade for too. Check the link in the first post for help with bug reports or keep your eyes peeled for special events. :)

The easiest way to get accolades now is to reply to introduction topics in a timely manner. You can get one accolade per month that way!

Edit: Of course Kim ninja'd me. XD

Alright, thanks Sanne! ^^
Man, dice rolls are popular at this time.

rolled 1d100 and got 29

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » [CLOSED] Accolade madness!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus